• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stre

I'm very impressed that we got multiple languages' names all at once! No more "what English names would you give to this Pokemon" threads and no more hating on different names because they were used to using the Japanese names for several months.

Re: Pokémon X and Y announced: Iwata reveals plans for Gen VI in Nintendo Direct stre

I am beyond excited for these games.

We got Black 2 in October, Mystery Dungeon coming in march and now pokemon games coming out in October this year?! 8D They're not holding back, if they're releasing this game so early after the first, they obviously must have been working on it already for awhile. My only disappointment is that there will be no R/S remakes first :/ oh well it will come eventually. Until then I'm waiting for these games. :D

I'm getting a stron European vibe from the architecture I've seen in the commercial. I'm excited :)

Am I the only one who notices the conspicuous absence of the word "version" from the English logos?

As much as I'm worshiping Legendary Y as much as I did Zekrom back when it was revealed, the only thing I HATE is that we don't have a single name for it revealed yet.

This could potentially be the revamp that many people have been begging for, assuming that the changes in generation five weren't enough.

I'm interested in how the visuals turn out; they look nice, but I'm not entirely sure if they would blow away critics.

Of the several Pokemon revealed, I'm mostly neutral on their appearances, though they do look interesting. I particularly like Fennekin already, because it just looks so cute.

Finally, I'm curious how quickly battles will pan out; will they be slow, fast, or somewhere in the middle? We'd have to wait to find out.

I am a little sad generation five has to end so soon by Pokemon's recent standards, because I have gotten really attached to some of the Pokemon introduced. Hopefully, Pokemon X and Y look like they are going to be top-notch products, so I don't have to cry too much. Now, let the very looooong wait begin...

X and Y? Looks like Gamefreak ran out of colors and gemstones...

The starters are awesome.
Fennikin looks like it will evolve into something really badass, if not too much like Ninetales...
Froakie? I heard it was going to be or evolve into a Water/Electric, sure hope it's true... I'm loving the foam/cloud/whatever on it.
Chespin looks odd, but in a good way. Still, it might be that one starter few people choose, like Chikorita or Treecko.

The legendaries? I threw up a little in my mouth there. The "Y" legendary looks like they shoved bird parts on a letter Y. The "X" legendary is just bizarre. That giant array of antlers seems weird, unless it can shoot lazors from it. Still, they look hilariously out of place on such a regal Pokemon, like graffiti on the Washington Monument.

This game looks promising (the battle effects look well done for once!), and it would finally be an excuse for me to get a 3DS once and for all. I also like the starters, and I'm definitely going to pick Fennekin (I really, really hope, though, that it doesn't evolve into another Fire/Fighting this time -- even two of those was too much). One thing that bugs me, though, is the cel-shading. I've always hated it from day one, and it's not going to help the reputation that Pokémon is intended for young children. (Not that I think that myself, but I've always hated people seeing me play Pokémon and telling me I'm too old for it. I partially blame the anime for this, and now cel-shading is going to be a culprit too.)

X and Y? Looks like Gamefreak ran out of colors and gemstones....

(Not sure if this is true or not but this guy said this on Facebook)

"Whichever idiot above said X and Y mean the axis, you're completely and utterly wrong. If you look at the Japanese logos, you can clearly see a DNA strand, meaning the games are named after the DNA Chromosomes; X and Y..."

Also THEY DIDN'T RAN OUT OF COLORS....
"Can't tell if this is just a troll channel, since you have videos called "Bad games" list and MGS, Metroid 2, and Goldeneye under it. But I'll take the troll bait. First, ran out of colors? Last I checked, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, those are precious metals. And I can go to the store and buy a box of 352 crayons. Are there 352 Pokemon games? Did I miss some? Lol. Second, the Pokemon look like shit? You've only seen 5 of the new ones, rofl. And how do Gen 5 Pokemon look like shit?"

X and Y have multiple meanings. Chromosomes yes, but also coordinates, axes and algebraic variables. Which sounds complicated, but X and Y are basically ways of saying "this thing" and "this other thing".

Personally I hope N and J show up for an algebra party.

Or Gamefreak just saw all of us abbreviating the games: r/b, g/s/c, etc. ad decided that they'd do it for us.

Oh goodie Gen VI's announced, I better finish up Black 2 and get back to posting on here...

So far what's been presented is actually very intriguing. I like the fox and frog starter. The hedgehog will take some time though.

I am pretty excited for X and Y. The graphics are great, the new Pokemon look nice. Chespin looked like a cross-breed of Oshawott and Pansage/Treecko, and Fennekin looks very nice. Froakie, however, would seem more like a pet than a pokemon to me. The Y legendary looks like an avian version of Darkrai, but it's just me, I think. The X legendary was awesome. It reminds me of both Sawsbuck and Arceus. I hope that the story will be as good, or better, than Gen V's, though. :)

The Gen. V looked a bit rushed, though, yes. Gen VI looks cool but I think they should have let Gen V live a bit more longer and just release X/Y next year.

Now I have more reason to save money to buy a 3DS :)

The hedgehog will take some time though.
Is that what that thing is? I've been trying to figure it out.

The hedgehog will take some time though.
Is that what that thing is? I've been trying to figure it out.
I think it's some kind of hedgehog/chestnut hybrid.

And what exactly is the problem with us getting Gen VI sooner rather than later? "Hey Nintendo, stop giving us all these things!"
Trust me, the next nine months are going to seem like an eternity.

Trust me, the next nine months are going to seem like an eternity.

Understatement of the freakin' century.

Some more poke-fakes have shown up. Damn, the internet is fast.

530600_317929918324880_225542019_n.jpg

I only saw the video and the screenshots, but...WOW. WOW, GAMEFREAK.

WOW.

I'll have your babies if it means I get to play it soon. An October worldwide release is beautiful. I am getting a 3DS straight-away since I finally have the dinero~

There are so many things I'm just ecstatic about. The 3D, the old Pokemon, the amazing graphics, the (assumed) lack of Dragons on the box art... AND IS THAT PARIS? Are we getting a European-based region? If so, OH LAWD YES. Arceus has answered my prayers.

Let me just flail about the starters for a moment. FENNEKIN AND FROAKIE ARE THE CUTEST THINGS EVER. Especially since they're based off of cute animals in their own right. I'll pick one in X and one in Y. Game Freak, you're the reason I don't have money to go to college. You and your stupidly good games.

I just noticed something...Isn't Bulbasaur also based on a frog? I don't remember the exact species, though, and Froakie seems to be based on a coqui or dart frog instead of whatever Bulbasaur is. Vulpix and Fennekin don't strike me as similar, mostly because while they're both foxes, they're different species. (Red fox and Fennec fox, respectively.) The other one...I don't really care much about it. The other two are too cool for me to really pass judgement on him.

Bulbasaur is based on a dinasour with special powers.

I'm so glad they kept the anime style of the Pokemon, even though it's 3D. I hate to see plastic 3D models. And at last they have a visible battle scene for the Pokemon! I've been waiting since the GBA for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom