• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y Super Music Collection release date to be Nov. ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon X and Y Super Music Collection release date to be Nov. ...

The details of the Pokémon X and Y Super Music Collection that was announced yesterday at the 2013 World Championships have been unveiled. It will be released Nov. 13, 2013 in Japan, and have secret bonus tracks included. The official Japanese Pokémon website also announced more information regarding Pokémon X and Y pre-order bonuses.

Read more on Bulbanews

Now, if they release this internationally...I'll be happy.

I find it intriguing that Mega Mewtwo is featured alone on the back cover of the soundtrack. Could this mean that it will indeed play a central or secondary role in the plot alongside Xerneas and Yveltal? We know that the Mega Stones will be significant in X and Y, but perhaps Mewtwo will hold the key to explaining their secrets. I originally felt that it would perhaps be distributed via an event rather than being catchable in-game, but I now see the latter being the case given how much it is being promoted and the fact that its backstory seemingly intertwines with the nature of the Mega Stone.

Could this mean that it will indeed play a central or secondary role in the plot alongside Xerneas and Yveltal?
That seems pretty obvious to me. There has to be a reason why they're featured in the same artwork.

Also, the official Japanese website says that there are secret bonus tracks, which are unreleased content from previous games. My guess is that they pertain to Mewtwo's story, which would imply that Game Freak originally planned more things for Mewtwo than ended up being the case (for whatever reason).

Last edited:
That seems pretty obvious to me. There has to be a reason why they're featured in the same artwork.

True, but it's nice to have almost concrete proof that this is the case now. Mewtwo's backstory has a lot of scope for more exploration, so hopefully X and Y can achieve this to satisfaction.

Also, the official Japanese website says that there are secret bonus tracks, which are unreleased content from previous games. My guess is that they pertain to Mewtwo's story, which would imply that Game Freak originally planned more things for Mewtwo than ended up being the case (for whatever reason).

Ah, maybe that's why we've had the number of tracks reported as differently from official sources.

Ah, maybe that's why we've had the number of tracks reported as differently from official sources.
Yes. Since they originally said 202 tracks and now the listed number is 212, that should mean that there are ten bonus tracks that pertain to previous games somehow.

Now, if they release this internationally...I'll be happy.
Well then it's your lucky day as the official soundtrack will be available around the world this November from the iTunes Store!
I knew that already, but I don't even know what that iTunes is...and I prefer physical copies over digital. The artwork looks so good that I wanna buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom