• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal Blue and ...

Special Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL systems will be available in Japan from October 12; they come with Pokémon X or Y pre-installed on the 4GB SDHC card.

Read more on Bulbanews

Demon Fang

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal

Why do other countries (specifically, North America, since that's where I'm from) get the proverbial middle finger with these bundles? Does Nintendo not think it will sell well? Does Nintendo think only Japan cares about this?

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Re: Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal

I think the real question is why are there so many bundles/special edition 3DSs being made in the first place? There's been a Fire Emblem: Awakening bundle, Pikachu 3DS, Charizard 3DS, Luigi 3DS, Animal Crossing bundle (I think), a Zelda 3DS I believe, and now this. Most of these are only available in Japan, but still.

Kouzan

Silent in the trees.
Reaction score

I love the blue one, but there's two drawbacks for these systems for me.1) They're not localized in America yet (the blue is most likely to be localized). 2) The game is gonna be pre-installed and I prefer buying a physical copy. It's likely the blue one, the one I want, will have X installed though and I'm getting Y. So if that's the case, I still will have to buy a physical game. The latter isn't as bad as the former, I just prefer owning the game over a digital copy.Though the one advantage is, I can play/own both without having to buy a physical copy of X. Still would prefer if I actually went out and bought both. I don't know, I just love the feeling of actually owning it, I can really touch it and look at the box and artwork.

sonic10158

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME
Reaction score

I bet one of two things will happen:

1. There will be a different kind released in the West.

Or

2. The West will get that blue one and the gold one will stay Japan exclusive

Either way, I do like the way these things look, but if they don't come to the USA, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just happy to have the Pikachu one

Peachy

Disappointment
Reaction score

I want the blue one so bad. But then again I'm still waiting for the possibility (just going on hope) of a green 3DS.

Almonds

Lovely
Reaction score

They look beautiful... but being preinstalled means you can't play anything else with it, right? The one flaw that makes it not worth the money.

Kelleo

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score

No, you can play other games on a 3DS that has a pre-installed game. I know, because I played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on my Fire Emblem 3DS and that 3DS comes with FE: Awakening pre-installed.

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

Why do other countries (specifically, North America, since that's where I'm from) get the proverbial middle finger with these bundles? Does Nintendo not think it will sell well? Does Nintendo think only Japan cares about this?

Typically these special edition consoles get announced for Japan first, then North America. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue one was available there (and even in other countries).

Also, compared to most other countries, the US and Canada get a lot of these special edition console bundles.

Demon Fang

追放されたバカ
Reaction score

Typically these special edition consoles get announced for Japan first, then North America. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue one was available there (and even in other countries).

Also, compared to most other countries, the US and Canada get a lot of these special edition console bundles.

Yeah, that's a good point. Normally, USA gets good console bundles. However, this is one bundle that I'd really love to get my hands on. I'm even thinking of finding a way to get a Japanese version.

Nero the Giant Whiscash

The Legendary Nero
Reaction score

Yeah, that's a good point. Normally, USA gets good console bundles. However, this is one bundle that I'd really love to get my hands on. I'm even thinking of finding a way to get a Japanese version.

Think about it this way because if i remember right both games will come with english on the game card even thought the console region locked so i t won't play us games.

Hidden Mew

Super Moderator
Reaction score

I really love the blue one and if it is released in the U.S., I'd most likely get it along with the games, or see if that was possible, but I'd hope for one that doesn't have X or Y pre-installed since I also like getting the physical copies of the games. I just like collecting the cases and having a physical copy of the games. Still, it's quite tempting, so I hope that at least the blue one will be released outside of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.