• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal Blue and ...

Special Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL systems will be available in Japan from October 12; they come with Pokémon X or Y pre-installed on the 4GB SDHC card.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal

Why do other countries (specifically, North America, since that's where I'm from) get the proverbial middle finger with these bundles? Does Nintendo not think it will sell well? Does Nintendo think only Japan cares about this?

Re: Pokémon X and Y-themed Nintendo 3DS XL to be available in Japan: Xerneas-Yveltal

I think the real question is why are there so many bundles/special edition 3DSs being made in the first place? There's been a Fire Emblem: Awakening bundle, Pikachu 3DS, Charizard 3DS, Luigi 3DS, Animal Crossing bundle (I think), a Zelda 3DS I believe, and now this. Most of these are only available in Japan, but still.

I love the blue one, but there's two drawbacks for these systems for me.1) They're not localized in America yet (the blue is most likely to be localized). 2) The game is gonna be pre-installed and I prefer buying a physical copy. It's likely the blue one, the one I want, will have X installed though and I'm getting Y. So if that's the case, I still will have to buy a physical game. The latter isn't as bad as the former, I just prefer owning the game over a digital copy.Though the one advantage is, I can play/own both without having to buy a physical copy of X. Still would prefer if I actually went out and bought both. I don't know, I just love the feeling of actually owning it, I can really touch it and look at the box and artwork.

I bet one of two things will happen:

1. There will be a different kind released in the West.

Or

2. The West will get that blue one and the gold one will stay Japan exclusive

Either way, I do like the way these things look, but if they don't come to the USA, I won't lose sleep over it. I'm just happy to have the Pikachu one

I want the blue one so bad. But then again I'm still waiting for the possibility (just going on hope) of a green 3DS.

They look beautiful... but being preinstalled means you can't play anything else with it, right? The one flaw that makes it not worth the money.

No, you can play other games on a 3DS that has a pre-installed game. I know, because I played Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon on my Fire Emblem 3DS and that 3DS comes with FE: Awakening pre-installed.

Why do other countries (specifically, North America, since that's where I'm from) get the proverbial middle finger with these bundles? Does Nintendo not think it will sell well? Does Nintendo think only Japan cares about this?

Typically these special edition consoles get announced for Japan first, then North America. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue one was available there (and even in other countries).

Also, compared to most other countries, the US and Canada get a lot of these special edition console bundles.

Typically these special edition consoles get announced for Japan first, then North America. I wouldn't be surprised if the blue one was available there (and even in other countries).

Also, compared to most other countries, the US and Canada get a lot of these special edition console bundles.

Yeah, that's a good point. Normally, USA gets good console bundles. However, this is one bundle that I'd really love to get my hands on. I'm even thinking of finding a way to get a Japanese version.

Yeah, that's a good point. Normally, USA gets good console bundles. However, this is one bundle that I'd really love to get my hands on. I'm even thinking of finding a way to get a Japanese version.

Think about it this way because if i remember right both games will come with english on the game card even thought the console region locked so i t won't play us games.

I really love the blue one and if it is released in the U.S., I'd most likely get it along with the games, or see if that was possible, but I'd hope for one that doesn't have X or Y pre-installed since I also like getting the physical copies of the games. I just like collecting the cases and having a physical copy of the games. Still, it's quite tempting, so I hope that at least the blue one will be released outside of Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom