• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X/Y E3 Showcase

will they be a feature during e3

• yes they will showcase them

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • no they never have and never will

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • its up in the air

Votes: 12 26.1%

• Total voters

johnpoke

Reaction score
while it really has not been done before other then simply mentioned. i think there is a very good chance that this year could be different.

reasons why i think they will showcase them

world wide release
massive upgrade
first real 3d pokemon game

I believe it's a possibility, but not guaranteed. Pokemon has had little presence at E3 in the past since Nintendo seems to have gone through non-traditional means to announce features of the games (Coro Coro, Pokemon Smash, etc.), but this time around, it seems like they're leaning more towards announcing things in the same way they do with other games, (Nintendo Direct, online), so E3 certainly seems to be a possibility, also I do agree that the worldwide release will play into it. The timing of the release also makes E3 the perfect place to show the games off. So definitely more likely than in the past.

Definitely going to happen. As you said the worldwide release plays a major factor, and E3 info about a lot of games always ends up in Japanese Game publications after the event, so I can't see why the CoroCoro info can't be mostly what was covered at E3. Would also allow demos for the press, giving more marketing for a game that's already going to sell insanely.

Probably yes, as the E3 would work better than just CoroCoro magazines, and this would improve presence and image of Pokémon in the global markets. I'd agree with it.

I can definitely see it happening due to the fact like it has already been mentioned that the games are coming out worldwide. So yeah I have high hopes for E3 this year.

Last edited:
let's just hope that we can go to E3 and see X&Y.

E3 is not open to the general public, only professionals from the electronic entertainment industry, professional journalists and invited people are allowed to attend.

I really hope they decide to show it at E3. I want the Pokemon franchise to get out there and show itself on large events together with major Nintendo franchises like Mario and The Legend of Zelda instead of only relying on Corocoro, Smash etc. As they showed off XY on Nintendo Direct, I get the feeling of E3 being the next goal, and as XY is seeing a worldwide release in October, it would be the perfect timing to show it off there.

It would be really good for Pokemon for it to get a showcase at E3, so I really hope X and Y are among the shown games there. It could get a lot of people interested in the game,perhaps people that are not familiar with Pokemon. Plus they could show gameplay and things like that which would be awesome to see.

Pokemon is never at E3. The only time was when they put out the news of Pokedex 3D. Doesn't count

If its the first time, then it had never been done before.

Let me say this in a way you'd understand. It won't happen. Ever. Period end of story

Care to share your magic crystal ball with the rest of the world?

But seriously, you can't say that for sure, not even if you think it's unlikely. Oh, and I'd love to know why you think the announcement of Pokedex 3D at E3 "doesn't count", by the way.

Pokemon is never at E3. The only time was when they put out the news of Pokedex 3D. Doesn't count

Pokemon is NEVER at E3. Except when it is. But that doesn't count otherwise I'd be wrong. It's also easy to discount when you don't count every other time Pokemon has been at E3 at some form.

And nope, absolutely nothing is different this time around with how the games are being released, so we shouldn't even entertain the possibility that E3 may have new Pokemon XY info that hasn't been spoiled by Japanese releases.

Am I assuming there is going to be E3 info? No. But I'm not going to not entertain the possibility that there might be due to being released internationally.

Pokemon is NEVER at E3. Except when it is. But that doesn't count otherwise I'd be wrong. It's also easy to discount when you don't count every other time Pokemon has been at E3 at some form.

And nope, absolutely nothing is different this time around with how the games are being released, so we shouldn't even entertain the possibility that E3 may have new Pokemon XY info that hasn't been spoiled by Japanese releases.

Am I assuming there is going to be E3 info? No. But I'm not going to not entertain the possibility that there might be due to being released internationally.

so two games developed by non-GameFreak companies? Would be very nice to see it at E3. Would it happen? Likely not. I could see it more at Gamescom

In e3 2005, there was a demo for Pokemon XD. In e3 2006, they announced Pokemon Mystery Dungeon red and blue. At some time later, the Pokepark localization was mentioned and given a trailer for.

What we have right now... No major piece of Pokemon news for X and Y (anything that wasn't implication) has been kept in a single region so far. Having to be announced in Japan first invalidating reveals in E3 is something that won't be a problem here. It'll just be a case of whether they choose to actually do it or not.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom