• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X & Y: Release Everywhere October 2013!

Season

Reaction score
How do you feel about the release dates being within the same month?

I'm happy they finally decided to do this, no more being envious of those in Japan getting the games four months earlier.

A simultaneous release is pretty awesome. Never thought we'd see the day with Pokémon.

This is one of those things I am really looking forward to the most. Never with Pokemon main series have we had this and the US and others are always stuck waiting months for their games while Japanese players get to enjoy them. I love that they are doing this and made this happen. This is definately a first and a good first, the worldwide announcement made perfect sense for this reason. I kinda thought something like this might happen when it was confirmed to be a worldwide announcement, but I didnt want to get my hopes up.

Ditto that. For once, they got over that boundary of taking months (sometimes years) for a new game to make it outside of Japan. Now we can stop being envious of Japan all the time. I'm very impressed that they're finally going to release it all at the same time (give or take a day or two).

It'll certainly be different for me. For the last three versions released, I've always seen the translated game aspects. It will be interesting to find out everything for myself once.

I think what probably excites me the most about a simultaneous release is actually getting to fully experience the game first-hand with only the pre-release knowledge at my back - being able to avoid months of spoilers and information about the games and really just getting to play them and enjoy them. I think I remember them saying that they wanted that with Black and White and it really just didn't happen.
I do realise that it is my own choice to be spoiled in those months normally between the Japanese release and the International releases, but it's just something I personally can never help because I am a Pokémon sponge - I need to absorb all new news. This time will be really different and I for one will feel like a ten-year-old again playing Pokémon Red for the first time :D

Just out of curiosity - do people think that this worldwide launch will be a one-off event for these two games or do you think it will continue for the future of the main series? I'm also interested in how this worldwide launch will affect potential future spin-off titles too and if they will also see worldwide launches.

If this gets released everywhere, naming convention would be something I would look forward to. For the first time, it's not the Japanese names that everyone will be using for a time, but since English names are supposedly ready by then, that's great for us English speakers because we get to use English names on the get go.

Thanks for reading.

I think it was 100% the right thing to do, and that's all there is to it. Very good decision.

I'm really excited how it will all be since this has never happened before. Like, finally experencing the world by your own.

Instead of knowing everything is already known about the game because the Japanese versions happened to be released 4 months earlier, Japanese and English people will find things out together, and I think that's great.

I hope for once they wouldn't delay the release in my country. We got the same grammar as them so translation shouldn't be much of a problem. We're very well known for our wi-fi and internet and all sorts of IT hardware/software yadda yadda yadda so it shouldn't be much of a problem. Heck, we're right next to them so importing itself shouldn't be much of a problem. I don't really understand why we always got the games later than even the US. Maybe there's some political issues included. I don't know why. But hopefully, we'll also get them in October as well so I don't get spoilered by people who got them months before me.

It's amazing, I was actually hoping fo it to happen, since, Idunno, may be only me, but I sure felt that Pokémon was even more globalized in the past year.

It'll be fucking weird. I'm a glutton for spoilers, so I've never played a game before not knowing how it works out. I'm sure I'll fall behind in the story compared to the news sites, but stuff about like when and if pokemon evolve isn't all gonna be figured out, so it'll be weird trying to find out for myself if evolutions exist.

It's been my dream to see Pokemon go 3D ever since Stadium... oh and Final Fantasy VII

It'll be great, going in more or less blind and figuring things out as I go. No spoilers.
It'll be LeafGreen all over again. *w*

Just out of curiosity - do people think that this worldwide launch will be a one-off event for these two games or do you think it will continue for the future of the main series? I'm also interested in how this worldwide launch will affect potential future spin-off titles too and if they will also see worldwide launches.

This will definitely continue from now on for main series games. GameFreak has set a new bar for themselves (an incredibly high bar, may I add), so producing any less in the future probably wouldn't go over too well. The fact that both Nintendo and GameFreak have now made the point that they're not just catering to the Japanese but the entire Pokemon fan base as a whole is really a big deal and definitely groundbreaking for the franchise. In all honesty I think that is what the big news was; a lot of people saw Generation 6 coming (and some even guessed Pokemon X & Pokemon Y) but an international release date is a huge deal, especially for the Pokemon series.

I'm really happy about it, especially since I can get it as soon as I possibly can without having to wait twice the length.

It's likely going to be October 6th, since Pokemon games are usually released on the first Sunday of a month.

Yeah, I can very easily see that happening. It would be, you could say, "traditional" to do something along those lines. I just wonder one thing... will the games be released everywhere on the exact same day (give or take a few hours due to time zones), or a day or two apart. The former would be totally awesome, but the latter is also very believable (and still would be good enough).

This has to be some kind of joke.

Generation six? An ENTIRE generation already? Black and White was only like two or three years ago. This has to be the shortest wait since Gold and Silver.

BUT I DONT EVEN GIVE A SHIT BECAUSE OH MY GOD I FREAKING LOVE NEW POKEMON GAMES.

Back
Top Bottom