• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon X & Y: Release Everywhere October 2013!

I like the names; there a new take on Pokemon games this time around. It's also nice to see a worldwide release this time around.

This will be exciting. I still haven't played Black 2 or White 2. :embarass:

The one thing I will miss about this is coming up with nicknames for the Pokemon. Remember Smugleaf and Wotter? Axeface and Pantslizard?

For example. Japan we'll probably get it...let's say October 12, the US would get it October 13, and Europe would get it either October 11 or 18.

Or we'll get all on the same day which I'm hoping for.

I keep watching the video just for that rainbow horse giraffe thing.

Good god I want one of those so bad.

I'm so excited. Especially since I suspect the release dates will be close to the same. I hope it's more in the first of the month, rather than the end.

I hope for October 1st release, since it would be my B-day XD

And it was awesome when FR/LG were released on 1st of October, 2004~
It felt kinda special, haha~

The international release date, as well as revealing the starters right away, were the biggest surprises for me and I am so glad that they're going for an international release for these new games. It will be nice to follow along the pre-release information and then shortly be able to jump into the games once October comes around. The most I ever look up about the new games is just the images of all the new Pokemon, including ones that weren't revealed prior to the games' release. Now, I might not be able to see that, which would make playing these games even more of a new experience for me since I'll be going in there with very little knowledge of the different Pokemon. That sound make the games even more enjoyable.

As soon as Iwata was talking about the past release dates on the Nintendo Direct, I started to think that this could happen but I was doubting it too - I didn't think it was possible for them considering how far apart the international and Japanese releases usually are but once he announced it I was extremely happy.

It would be nice if everyone got it on the same day but I'd say it's unlikely for everyone to get it on the exact same day. The dates between countries will probably be spaced out a few days, which is totally fine with me as I'm just appreciative that we are all getting it in the same month! It's fantastic that we don't have to wait months after the Japanese release and that we'll finally be getting it at the same time.

Let's just hope it's October 1st ;)

It's likely going to be October 6th, since Pokemon games are usually released on the first Sunday of a month.

Not necessarily. DP - April 22, Pt - March 22, HG/SS - March 14. It just happens that BW and BW2 were released on the first sunday of the month.

The international release date, as well as revealing the starters right away, were the biggest surprises for me and I am so glad that they're going for an international release for these new games. It will be nice to follow along the pre-release information and then shortly be able to jump into the games once October comes around. The most I ever look up about the new games is just the images of all the new Pokemon, including ones that weren't revealed prior to the games' release. Now, I might not be able to see that, which would make playing these games even more of a new experience for me since I'll be going in there with very little knowledge of the different Pokemon. That sound make the games even more enjoyable.

Wow. I hadn't realized that. That makes it even cooler.

It only takes a day to spoil everything.

I think it will be awesome, since it gives the players who don't want to be spoiled a nice break from the norm while still being fun to keep up with.

It's going to be very weird for me since I've been playing Pokemon games first in Japanese ever since HGSS, haha. But this is great news, nonetheless.

It's one of those things where there's the prospect of completely not being spoiled this time around in a completely feasible way, but I still know I will be. I don't like playing for speed, so there're gonna be people reporting post league stuff by the time I'm at the third gym, even if we get the game on the same day. And that can be with me playing like over 10 hours a day. It'll all depend on what I'm up to next October, seeing as I have no idea where I'll be after graduation.

Great news for people who aren't gluttons for spoilers though.

It's gonna be great. I've never experienced going in blind, but I think it will be awesome. No more spoilers; just all of us exploding and spazzing at the sheer awesome at the same time.

Hi everyone! I'm new to the site and was told about this by Force Fire. I wonder if in Pokemon X you have to be a girl and if in Pokemon Y you have to be a boy? that would be interesting!

All I know is that there's no way I can avoid spoilers for 6 months.

A couple of days, though, is completely manageable.

It's hard to avoid spoilers for 9 months but it's much easier to avoid them with such a short localisation period.

Augh, this is amazing, I'm completely stoked about this. Finally, the rest of the world who typically gets the games doesn't have to wait months and months. However, I wonder how they're doing it this time... Maybe the other Nintendo companies have been sending teams with each language over to Japan to translate as they go?

Back
Top Bottom