• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu_Alpha

Latios Master Trainer
Reaction score
Just to start a new topic about the game also who has preordered it? I have

I already have the Japanese one. I'll probably get the North American or German one (or maybe even both) some time, but I won't preorder the english one as I'm not interested in that sticker for the GameCube.

I've got it ordered off of pokemoncenter.com, where apparently I get some cinc bag and a dark lugia plushie if I was one of the first to preorder.

Those screenshots really make me want to play the game. But then I remember how the screenshots to Colosseum really made that game look good when it was actually a steaming pile of shit.

XD is supposed to be an improved Colosseum, though. Then again, the trailer didn't make it look superbly better.

Those Agate Village ones even look like they could have been in Colosseum, were it not for the Pokémon involved!

Has anyone who's played the Japanese version given their impressions of the game? I'd be interested to see if the game producers improved any of the major flaws that plagued the first game.

I made over 300 screenshots in my incomplete walkthrough. Click the pictures for high quality version.

A few videos are available here.

In my opinion there are a lot of improvements (also graphics and music). The story is great (better than Colosseum's) and since there are over 80 Pokémon to snatch, the game is longer, too.

(Sorry for the "spam")

I myself am pretty sure that the game is good. But I didn't think Colosseum was that bad as some of you describe it. XD sure has some improvements and I presonally think it's worth buying.

Last edited:
I played it in target, and loved it. I am so gonna get it.

All those pictures made me want it a lot! I'm going to get it soon, I think, since it comes out this week.

I played a demo in EB Games a few weeks ago and loved it! I'm going to wait until it comes out.

~Roxy~

I will get my copy when Nintendo sends me it and the GameCube I won...

(cannot resist gloating)

Hey, it's not my fault (or rather, it is) my response was better than everyone else's. I'm sure you entered on a different day than me, anyway. YOU GOT YOUR CHANCE!!

I will see your response. Should make for an interesting editorial to publish...

You will, eh? And how would that happen without making a request? :p

And, I don't know how interesting a one-sentence editorial would be.

I got it yesterday. The graphics are really good, I think. Many of the characters are really original, and that makes it cool. I like how they designed Cipher Admin Lovrina...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom