• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon XR: Sinnoh Frontier [Original, PG-PG13] [COMPLETE]

Re: Pokemon XR: Sinnoh Frontier [Original, PG-PG13]

It's always a treat to see Drapion battling for some reason. I dunno why.
Ha. I'm glad Isabel got owned.
J.D. sure has a unique set of Pokemon. And you keep on hinting about Rain wondering why he has certain Pokemon. I hope we find out soon.
Frontier Battle next chap. I can't wait to see Rain's reaction when he finds out he battles against Darach instead of Caitlin.

Episode #11: Castle Valet Darach?!

Rain enters the main arena after dealing with Darach and healing his remaining Pokémon. Since he found out that he could lower the level of his opponent's Pokémon as well, he decides to use that ability on all three of the Frontier Brain's Pokémon. He also gets a look at her team, which leaves him with no CP left. He isn't able to get their moves, leaving him to brave the battle against her three Pokémon: Staraptor, Houndoom and Empoleon. He's ready for Caitlin and her strong Pokémon

“Welcome, Rain,” Caitlin said. “I'm sure that last battle has you pumped for this battle. After all, it's against the Frontier Brain. I will let you in on a secret before we begin.”

Rain wonders what this secret was. Would it help him, or hurt him?

“The Frontier Brain...is not me.”

Rain was shocked to find out that Caitlin wasn't a Frontier Brain at all. If she isn't, Rain thought, who is?

“Please allow me to introduce the true battler in this Battle Castle. Presenting: The Castle Valet!”

The true Frontier Brain comes out, and to Rain's surprise, it is none other than Darach himself. Rain thought he was an assistant. He never knew that he is a Frontier Brain as well!

“Surprised?” Darach asked. Rain didn't know what to say. “Yes, I act as the assistant. However lady Caitlin is the true owner of this facility. For personal reasons, I cannot disclose why she is unable to battle. For that reason, I shall battle in her place.”

Unbelievable!” Rain thought. “To think that Darach was the Frontier Brain this whole time!...Wait a minute!

Rain remembers the conversation he and J.D. had with Kent, who claimed that the Frontier Brain, referring to him as male, was tough.

“J.D assumed that Caitlin was the Frontier Brain as well...but Kent must have known that Darach was the true Frontier Brain all along!”

“In any case, let's get this underway!” Darach said. “Go, Staraptor!”

Staraptor immediately comes out and begins to flap its wings within the air. Rain knew who to send out for this battle and decides to do so.

“Go, Luxray!” Rain said.

Luxray immediately comes out and roars proudly. Darach thought he made a smart choice for an Electric Pokémon to fight a Flying Pokémon.

“Begin!” Caitlin said.

“Staraptor, use Quick Attack!” Darach ordered.

“Discharge!” Rain ordered.

Staraptor charges forward with a Quick Attack and strikes Luxray hard. Luxray fires back with a close range Discharge attack and shocks the daylights out of Staraptor. It still has a will to fight, but it's greatly weakened.

“Not just yet,” Darach thought. “Wing Attack!”

Staraptor's wings begin to glow as Staraptor charges forward with a Wing Attack.

“Discharge, once more!” Rain ordered.

Luxray fires a Discharge attack, on contact with Staraptor. It deals far greater damage than before and leaves Staraptor weak.

“Thunder Fang!” Rain ordered.

One more,” Darach thought. “Take it!”

Luxray bites into Staraptor's wings and shocks it even further. After a few seconds, Luxray stops and jumps back. Staraptor is on the verge of fainting, and Rain thinks that it's too easy.

He's taking these big hits," Rain thought, "It's almost as if he wants me to win!"

“Are you ready?” Darach asked.

Rain knows now that something is coming and he has to fight back against whatever it is.

“Endeavor!” Darach ordered.

Staraptor begins to glow brightly and charges towards Luxray, striking him hard for massive damage. Luxray slowly struggles to get up, but falls back down. Rain has no clue how Luxray could be so weak so quickly.

“Surprised?” Darach asked. “That's a little move known as Endeavor. It makes the target's condition in battle equal to Staraptor's current condition. I hope you have a way of countering it. Staraptor, use Brave Bird!”

Staraptor begins to glow brightly as he emits a powerful blue aura around him as he charges towards Luxray.

Luxray blocks the attack with Thunder Fang, striking both Pokémon with the other's attacks. They both fall to the ground on top of each other, unable to battle.

“Staraptor and Luxray are both unable to battle!”

“Quite impressive,” Darach said.

Both Rain and Darach recall their respective Pokémon as they prepare to send out their next pair.

“Go, Empoleon!” Darach said.

Darach sends his Empoleon out to battle as it slashes its wings upon entry. Rain knows who to use and sends out his next Pokémon.

“Go, Gallade!” Rain said.

Gallade comes out and lands on his knees and gets into position. Gallade smiles at his opponent, knowing that he'll get a good challenge out of it.

“Begin!” Caitlin said.

“Empoleon, use Aqua Jet!” Darach ordered.

Empoleon covers himself in a water-like Aura as he shoots himself towards Gallade, who prepares to take the attack.

“Close Combat!” Rain ordered.

Gallade prepares for the attack and unleashes a barrage of punches that manages to stop Empoleon in his tracks. He lands on his feet and prepares for another go against Gallade.

“Empoleon, use Drill Peck,” Darach ordered.

Empoleon's beak begins to swirl like a drill as he strikes Gallade hard for big damage. Gallade falls to the ground, but immediately gets up.

“Leaf Blade!” Rain ordered.

Gallade strikes Empoleon with a Leaf Blade attack, but the attack did little to Empoleon, who resisted it almost completely.

“Hydro Pump!” Darach ordered.

Empoleon strikes Gallade hard with a Hydro Pump attack that shoots it back a lot. Gallade slowly gets up, showing signs of exhaustion.

“Empoleon, show this Pokémon what it truly means to be powerful!” Darach said. “Metal Claw!”

Empoleon charges forward as Gallade manages to stand up almost completely.

“Gallade, Close Combat!” Rain ordered.

Gallade waits for Empoleon to get closer. Once he does, he strikes Empoleon hard with numerous strikes. Empoleon manages to get the Metal Claw in just in time. Gallade recovers easily, cringing in pain, while Empoleon manages to stand his ground after the numerous punches.

“Gallade, don't give in!” Rain said.

“Gal, gallade!” he replied.

“Empoleon, we need to defeat him!” Darach said. “Stay together!”

“Empo!” Empoleon replied.

Rain needs to find a way to knock Empoleon out, but with the way things are going, he'll be lucky to get a KO in time.

“Empoleon, use Aqua Jet!” Darach ordered.

Rain suddenly gets an idea and waits for Empoleon to charge after Gallade. Empoleon jumps off and shoots towards Gallade

“Gallade, Psychic!” Rain ordered.

Gallade uses Psychic to halt Empoleon in his tracks. The Aqua Jet was still going, but Gallade wasn't going to give up now.

“Keep it held!” Rain said.

Gallade tries his hardest, but fails to keep a hold on him and ends up getting hit. Gallade slowly gets up while Empoleon lands safely.

“Once More!” Darach ordered.

I have to ram him into a wall somehow!” Rain thought. “Gallade, Psychic again!”

Gallade uses Psychic once more as he grabs hold of Empoleon.

“Keep him held!” Rain said. “Do not give in no matter what!”

“Gallade!” he replied.

Gallade looks towards the wall furthest from him and knew just what to do. He shifts him over to the wall and lets him fly. Empoleon collides head first into the wall as it knocks him to the ground. He slowly gets up, showing signs of pain. He looks back at Gallade, who smiles happily.

“Lucky brat,” Darach said. “Empoleon, use Drill Peck!”

“Teleport, then use Close Combat!”

Gallade teleports away, dodging the Drill Peck attack, as he ends up behind Empoleon and punches him constantly. Empoleon soon falls to the ground, unable to battle.

“Empoleon is unable to battle!” Caitlin said. “Gallade is the winner!”

Darach recalls his Empoleon and takes out his next Pokeball, while Gallade positions himself and prepares to go once more.

“You're quite the battler,” Darach said.

“Thanks,” Rain replied. “So are you.”

“I hope you're ready to go down. I know your roster and I picked him just for the occasion.”

Rain is nervous about who he's going to choose, but Rain is ready for it nonetheless.

“Go, Houndoom!” Darach said.

Darach sends his mighty Houndoom out at it barks bravely in response. Gallade isn't going to be phased by the barks and he's ready to fight against the dog Pokémon as best as possible.

“Let this be the best finale that we can put together, Rain Eidoh!” Darach said.

“Begin!” Caitlin said.

“Houndoom, use Fire Fang!”

“Use Close Combat, Gallade!” Rain ordered.

Houndoom charges forward with his mouth bursting into flames while Gallade fires numerous punches. Houndoom manages to bite Gallade's arm as he cringes in pain.

“Now, use Dark Pulse!”

Houndoom's mouth begins to surge dark energy as he shoots Gallade across and past Rain, who covers himself in response. He looks back at his Pokémon to find that he was immediately unable to battle.

“Gallade is unable to battle!” Caitlin said. “Houndoom is the winner!”

“I hope Drapion is ready!” Darach replied.

"This makes me wonder how strong Caitlin is compared to him," Rain thought. "His Houndoom is going to be tough to beat!

“The strong bravery of the mighty Houndoom. He's my pride in joy, as well as Lady Caitlin's.”

“I honestly can't imagine a cute girl like her loving a fierce Pokémon like that.”

“Bring him out so I can show him how a Fire and Dark Pokémon should truly be!”

Rain had to make sure that none of Houndoom's fire moves hit, otherwise it would be the end for him, but with its speed compared to Drapion's bulk, it might be harder than he thought. He decides to go with it anyway.

“Go, Drapion!” Rain said.

Rain sends his Drapion out to battle against the Fire Type Houndoom. Rain knows that this is going to be a hard battle, but he decides to go for it anyway.

“Begin!” Caitlin said.

“Drapion, use Pin Missile!” Rain ordered.

“Flamethrower!” Darach ordered.

Drapion fires a Pin Missile attack that shoots towards Houndoom, who fires a Flamethrower to destroy the attacks.

“Cross Poison, cut through it!” Rain ordered.

Darach was surprised that Rain was taking such a risk, but he had to fight on if he hopes to win. Drapion's claws begin to glow a purple color as he slices through the Flamethrower easily, striking Houndoom hard and knocking it to the ground.

“Good work!” Rain said. “I knew you were strong enough for that!”

“Dora!” he replied.

“Clever,” Darach said. “Don't think this is over, however.”

Houndoom gets up as he prepares for another go.

“Houndoom, use Fire Fang!” Darach ordered.

Houndoom charges forward with a Fire Fang attack as he prepares to strike Drapion, but Rain was ready to counter it.

“Drapion, use Cross Poison again!” Rain ordered.

Drapion strikes Houndoom once more with a Cross Poison attack that strikes Houndoom as it knocks him back. He immediately ends up getting poisoned.

“You're simply avoiding coming into contact with Houndoom's flames.” Darach said. “That will not work however. Houndoom, use Dark Pulse!”

Houndoom fires a Dark Pulse from his mouth as it strikes Drapion hard.

“Now, use Fire Fang!”

Houndoom charges forward as he bites Drapion on the arm, giving it an extreme amount of pain. He shakes him off, only to suffer major burns.

At this rate, he'll be done in no time,” Rain thought.

“Houndoom, use Overheat!” Darach ordered.

“I have to avoid this!”

Houndoom breathes in a large amount of air as he prepares to fire a massive fire beam from his mouth.

“Dodge it, quick!” Rain ordered.

Drapion moves as quick as he can, but both his tail and rear end take full force of the attack as it knocks him to the side. Rain is afraid that this is it, but Drapion is all right. Houndoom stands over him as he gives him a sick smile.

“Houndoom, use Flamethrower!” Darach ordered.

“Cross Poison!” Rain ordered.

Drapion strikes Houndoom with a Cross Poison attack as it knocks him aside, just as he fires a Flamethrower that nearly hits Darach, as he cowers in fear.

“Darach, are you okay?!” Caitlin asked.

“I've been hit with worse from Houndoom,” he replied. “A mere Flamethrower won't kill me.”

“Night Slash!” Rain ordered.

Drapion gets up and strikes Houndoom with a Night Slash attack as he goes into the ground. Drapion keeps going to the point where Houndoom can barely defend himself. Drapion makes the final attack towards Houndoom as he nearly faints from the energy he wasted. Houndoom is now unable to battle, making Rain the winner.

“Such a shame to see my darling fall,” Caitlin said to herself. “Houndoom is unable to battle! Drapion is the winner! The victory goes to Rain Eidoh!”

Rain cheers happily as he goes towards Drapion and hugs him, resulting in a big hug back, almost crushing him.

“Okay, okay, stop!” Rain said, with a bit of laughter in his voice. “I love you too, but can you please....?”

“Rain,” Darach said.

Drapion stops as they both turn towards Darach, who was smiling happily.

“That was a good battle,” he said. “May I see your Vs. Recorder?”

Rain gives Darach his Vs. Recorder as he give him the Castle Print, giving him three Prints in the Battle Frontier. He's closer to facing off against Palmer again, as well as the mysterious fifth Frontier Brain.

“Here you are,” Darach said, giving Rain his Vs. Recorder back. “This is proof that you won here at the Battle Castle. I noticed that you have yet to beat the Tower and Hall challenges.”

“Hall?” Rain asked.

“Pitting your favorites against other favorites. That's the challenge of the Battle Hall. I wish you luck in there.”

Rain smiles as he bids Darach and Caitlin farewell. He really had fun in there and couldn't wait to try out the Battle Hall. Houndoom gets up and rubs against Darach's side, disappointed that he lost the battle.

“It's okay, Houndoom,” Darach said. “You fought well and that's all that matters.”

Darach and Caitlin both have high hopes for Rain, and wish him the best of luck. Now the fifth challenge is ahead of him at the Battle Hall, and it is there that a whole new style of battling would take place.

To Be Continued!

Episode #12: The Battle Hall!

The stadium, known in the Battle Frontier as the Battle Hall, is a prime area for many trainers to show how strong they can truly become. The young woman hosting the event was none other than Hall Matron Argenta herself, the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall.

“Ladies and Gentlemen,” A voice over the intercom said. “Please Welcome, the Frontier Brain of the Battle Hall: Hall! Matron! Argenta!”

Argenta comes out as the crowd roars in excitement. Everyone there was a fan of hers and really want to see her annihilate the opposing trainers with her true favorites. She gets to the center of the white stage as she looks around at the number of excited fans waiting to see some action.

“Welcome to the Battle Hall!” Argenta said.

Everyone cheers in excitement as the competition would soon get underway. Rain is in the back room with Weavile, whom he picked to represent the Ice Type. Everyone had one type to use against the other, and must use that one Pokémon throughout the entire competition. Rain wonders just who he had to fight in order to get across.

“Hey, Rain,” J.D. said approaching him.

Rain sees J.D. coming to him with Forretress by his side, bouncing along as his personal choice of Pokémon. It was a lavender colored Pokémon with an armored shell and four spikes coming from the sides. It also has two white eyes within black space. Most of its body is red within the interior of the shell.

“Hey,” Rain said. “Which type do you have?”

“Bug,” J.D. replied. “Which means that I have to deal with Fire Types. You know how they're working this competition, don't you?”

“Not really.”

“Well, it starts off either one of two ways. Either you start off with the type you're strong against, or the type you're weak against. The middle is a type with no advantage or disadvantages. The last is the opposite of what you began with. Get it?”

“Kind of.”

“Well, you'll understand once we get going.”

“Now, let's begin the Battle Hall challenge!” Argenta said, over the TV in the room Rain and J.D. were both in.

The sixteen trainers emerge from the back room onto the main stage for battle. Argenta smiles at all of them as she wishes them luck. She sees Rain and feels proud that he's here. She has heard so much about him that she couldn't wait until he came to the Battle Hall.

“Can I have Ice and Fighting take the stage first?” Argenta said.

Rain approaches the field as he gets into position and prepares to fight against a older trainer with a brown coat and pants with black hair and a smug look on his face. Rain knew that Weavile is really weak to Fighting moves, but that isn't going to stop him at all.

“Begin!” Argenta said.

“Go, Blaziken!” the man said.

The man sends out a human-like Pokémon with a red body with yellow towards the feet up to its knees and white feathers in a hair-like fashion. Its hands and wrists were gray and its face was mostly red with a V-shaped crest.

A fire and fighting type?” Rain thought. “I guess I'll have to fight on if I ever hope to face Argenta.

“Blaziken, use Fire Punch!”

Blaziken's wrists engulf in flames and his fists soon follow. Blaziken uses his speed to charge forward and strike Weavile with a powerful Fire Punch as he falls to the ground. Weavile quickly gets up and prepares for another go.

“Weavile, use Beat Up!”

Weavile powers his fists up and prepares to strike Blaziken with a Beat Up attack, but his opponent knows how to counter.

“Focus Blast,” he ordered.

Blaziken places his fists together and prepares a powerful wave of energy. It fires the blast at Weavile, who uses the energy from the Beat Up attack to push against the blast of fighting energy that Blaziken was firing. Weavile didn't want to give up that easily, especially since he wanted to prove himself for Palmer's Dragonite.

“Push through!” Rain said.

Weavile manages to push through the blast and strike Blaziken hard with his powered up attack. Blazkien falls to the ground while Weavile approaches him and smiles a very nasty smile.

“Weavile, use Dark Pulse!” Rain ordered.

Weavile points his hands toward Blaziken and fires a Dark Pulse that manages to deal a lot of damage to Blaziken, and knock him out as well.

“Blaziken is unable to battle!” Argenta said. “Which means that Rain will move on to the next round!”

“That was,” Rain began,” surprisingly easy. I expected it to be a bit tougher...”

The field is soon cleared for the next phase of the battle. J.D. against a similar young girl that Rain fought against in the Battle Factory, the one with the Grotle she rented. Her name was Jenna and Rain is surprised to see that she was still in this competition. The two take the field as they both prepare to battle.

“All right, begin!” Argenta said.

“Let's rock, Forretress!” J.D. said.

Forretress comes out as it opens its shell to reveal its eyes. Jenna prepares to send out her chosen Pokémon for the battle.

“Go, Magcargo!” Jenna said.

Jenna sends out a snail-like Pokémon with a gray, rock-like shell. And a red body. A mere flame shoots out from the hole on its shell.

“Shouldn't be too much of a problem,” J.D. said. “Forretress, use Mirror Shot!”

Forretress' armor begins to glow brightly as it fires a powerful beam towards Magcargo.

“Magcargo, use Flamethrower!” Jenna ordered.

Magcargo fires a Flamethrower attack that shoots through the Mirror Shot and strikes Forretress hard. It doesn't seem to do as much as it should, however.

“Flamethrower again!” Jenna ordered.

“Rapid Spin!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress spins around really really fast as it brushes the Flamethrower off.

“Gyro Ball!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress shoots itself towards Magcargo as it strikes it hard, wearing it out almost immediately.

“Now, use Double-Edge!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress shoots towards Magcargo and strikes it with a powerful tackling strike. Magcargo is immediately unable to battle as a result, leaving J.D. to move on to the next round.

“Magcargo is unable to battle!” Argenta said. “Forretress is the winner!”

J.D. cheers happily as he goes over to hug his Forretress, who is happy as well. Once the remaining battles are over, they decide to go into the back to heal their Pokémon up. Weavile is slightly exhausted from his last battle while Forretress wasn't that weak at all.

“I'm surprised that it can last through a Fire Move like that,” Rain said.

“Well, Forretress is trained to withstand fire moves,” J.D. said. “We were beaten by so many fire moves, that I figured building up a tolerance for Fire might do the trick. And it turns out that it's working out fine!”

“That's amazing."

“Well, my team is awesome!”

Suddenly, his Chatot comes out of his Pokeball to peck him on the head. J.D. cries in pain while Chatot just laughs.

“Chatot, why did you come out?” he said. “Are you trying to get me in trouble?”

“Why do you have that thing anyway?” Rain asked. “You have some good Pokémon, but why a Chatot?”

“Because I love music. And so does he.”

“SQUAWK, I love music, I love music! SQUAWK!”

“But as you can tell from our last battle, he was taken down by one Electric attack. I've been training him to dodge the attacks, but most of the time it backfires. I love the guy and all, but he's pathetically weak.”

“What kind of training methods have you done with him?”

J.D. feeds Chatot a treat as he tells him what happened during training.

“My dad use to have an Ampharos. We did evasion drills, full force attacking, the whole nine yards. He just won't survive one Electric attack. I don't know what it is.”

Rain wonders if he was simply weak naturally. To hear that the weakness tolerance that Forretress has doesn't work on Chatot made him nervous if he ever uses him in the competition.

“Round 2 will begin soon!” Argenta said over the intercom. “May I ask that all eight trainers please report to the main stage immediately!”

“Ready for this?” J.D. asked.

Rain nods as the two head off with their Pokémon in tow. The remaining types were now: Ice, Bug, Steel, Water, Electric, Psychic, Rock and Flying. Now everyone had to fight off against a type that they were both neutral against, so they had to prepare for some strong Pokémon.

“Let's see,” Argenta said. “Who I should pair next?”

She looks around to see which types should be with which battlers. She looks at J.D. and decides on something.

“Bug against Electric!” Argenta said. “Let's go!”

J.D. steps onto the field and faces off against another trainer that he's familiar with. The young teen from the Battle Tower, known as Tim. A lot of familiar faces were showing up here, but would he be able to fight against them all.

“All right,” Argenta said. “Begin!”

“Go, Forretress!” J.D. said.

Forretress comes out and takes the field, while Tim prepares to send out his Electric Pokémon.

“Go, Electrode!” Tim said.

He sends out a small Pokeball-like creature that was big enough to pass his kneecaps with beady eyes on the white portion of its body, the top portion and a mouth on the red portion. J.D. knows that this is going to be easy.

“Electrode, use Rollout!” Tim ordered.

Electrode begins rolling quickly as he charges towards Forretress, who prepares to fight back.

“Gyro Ball!” J.D. ordered

Forretress spins around and shoots itself forward, striking Electrode hard and knocking it off balance. He spins around and gets back into position.

“Mirror Shot!” J.D. ordered.

“Charge Beam!” Tim ordered.

The two Pokémon power up their attacks and fire it at one another. The two attacks collide, but Mirror Shot overpowers Charge Beam and strikes Electrode hard. He's weakening fast and needs to recover quickly.

“Zap Cannon!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress fires a Zap Cannon, while Tim prepares to counterattack.

“Mirror Coat!” he ordered.

Electrode begins to glow a light pink color and sends the Zap Cannon back at Forretress, striking it hard and spinning it around. It regains consciousness and prepares to go again.

“Now, use Gyro Ball!” Tim ordered.

“You too, Forretress!” J.D. ordered.

Both Pokémon shoot at each other and collide together. Both of them try to push the other around, but both of them are strong enough to push the other back.

“Keep it up, Forretress!” J.D. said.

“Don't give in, Electrode!” Tim said.

They both shoot at each other, until Forretress knocks Electrode aside and into the side barrier separating him from the crowd. Electrode is then unable to battle.

“Electrode is unable to battle!” Argenta said. “Forretress is the winner!”

J.D. cheers as he goes over to hug his Forretress happily. Rain was proud that J.D. made it to the next round and hopes that he gets there as well.

“Next up,” Argenta said. “Ice vs. Water!”

Rain goes up to the arena to face off against an older man with a cowboy hat over his brown hair and a brown beard. He was wearing a beige vest and brown pants, as well as a fake sheriff's badge (like the one inside of a costume package) and brown boots. Rain knows that he isn't going to lose to him at all.

“All right, begin!” Argenta said.

“Go, Weavile!” Rain said.

Rain sends his Weavile out to battle against the supposed Water Pokémon that he was going to fight.

“Go, Slowking!” he said.

He sends out a bipedal hippo-like Pokémon with a stylized shell for what seems to be a hat with a red crystal in the center. He was a bit dopey, but there was a sign of intelligence within him. He also has a spread out collar with a red and white pattern to it.

“All right,” the man said. “Slowking, use Power Gem!”

Slowking forms a spinning, multi-sided orb and fires it at Weavile, who takes the hit and takes big damage from it. He regains his footing as he prepares to go for it.

“Weavile, use Beat Up!” Rain ordered.

Weavile powers up his energy from his team members and prepares to go for it. He charges towards Slowking, but his trainer prepares to fight back.

“Use Zen Headbutt!” he said.

“He's using a Psychic move against a Dark Type?”

Slowking uses his power to create a blue aura around his head and goes after Weavile. The two collide, but Weavile's power was far stronger than Slowking's, as he knocks him back.

“Weavile, use Night Slash!” Rain ordered.

Weavile uses a Night Slash to strike Slowking multiple times. Each strike is adding up greatly.

“Slowking, use Aqua Tail!” the man ordered.

Slowking swings around and smacks Weavile with an Aqua Tail and knocks him aside. The two get up as they both prepare for another go.

“Weavile, use Dark Pulse!” Rain ordered.

“Water Pulse!” the man ordered.

Weavile fires a Dark Pulse attack, while Slowking fires his Water Pulse attack. The two collide as they push against each other to make sure that one attack hits the opposing force. Weavile's attack is once again strong as he strikes Slowking for a lot of damage. Slowking falls to the ground, unable to battle.

“Slowking is unable to battle!” Argenta said. “Weavile is the winner!”

Rain cheers happily as he goes over to hug Weavile, but he merely slashes him in the face.

“That was just wrong!” Rain said, crying in pain.

Once the remaining few matches were over, it was simply Ice, Bug, Psychic and Flying. It was now, for Rain and J.D., a battle against the Pokémon they were strongest against. They hope to do well and fight off against Argenta for the Hall Print.

To Be Continued!

Episode #13: Hall Matron Argenta!

Rain and J.D. both relax in the main lobby as they take a break from all the battles. The remaining matches are now over, and the only types that are left are Ice, Bug, Flying and Psychic. J.D and Rain both have the upper hand in this round, and now only hope that they weren't paired against each other. They had one last match to go before facing off against Argenta, the Hall Matron.

“Hey,” J.D. said, approaching Rain. “You feeling all right?”

“Yeah,” Rain said. “Just a little nervous.”

“What for?”

“I've been wondering how strong Argenta is. Having to fight one on one means that if you lose, you lose. I've been lucky if I get the first KO a number of times.”

“I'm sure you'll be fine. Can't say I've ever been that way from time to time.”

They both wonder how well they'll do against Argenta in their final battle. They are soon called to the main stage, leaving the two of them to head off with the remaining few for battle. Once the four are present, Argenta decides which pair to send into the ring first. Rain is hoping not to face off against J.D., since they both wanted this right now. J.D. lost once at the Battle Castle, and he didn't need to lose in the Battle Hall as well.

“Ice,” Argenta said.

Rain gulps nervously as he waits for the next type to be confirmed.

“And Psychic.”

Rain sighs in relief to find that he wasn't facing J.D. at all. He goes to the stage to face off against a young blond haired girl with pigtails and a pink shirt and dress. She takes out her Pokeball and prepares to go.

“All right,” Argenta said. “Begin!”

“Go, Spoink!” she said.

She sends out a gray, pig-like Pokémon with a ball on top of its head between its ears and a spring-like lower body. It continuously bounces up and down and happily bounces as a result.

Psychic moves don't affect Dark Types,” Rain thought. “This'll be easy.

Blade takes out his Pokeball and sends out his Weavile. Rain has a good feeling about this battle, he can tell.

“Spoink, use Bounce!” the girl ordered.

Spoink bounces quickly and jumps into the air from the momentum. Weavile looks up and is amazed at how high he can get.

“Get him when he's coming down!” Rain said. “Beat Up!”

Weavile charges the attack up and prepares for Spoink's fall. He gets closer to the bottom, just enough for Weavile to strike at Spoink. He was sent flying back up and onto the ground.

“We'll show that mean Weavile who's boss!” the girl said. “Power Gem!”

Spoink prepares a multisided ball and fires it at Weavile, striking it for some big damage, but it isn't enough to stop him.

Weavile charges forward and strikes Spoink constantly with dark energy. Spoink is knocked back and is struggling to get up.

“Now, use Dark Pulse!” Rain ordered.

Weavile fires a Dark Pulse that strikes Spoink hard as it falls to the ground, unable to battle.

“Spoink is unable to battle!” Argenta said. “Rain will be moving on to the match against the Frontier Brain!”

Rain cheers as he runs over to Weavile, but stops short until realizing what will happen. He sighs and simply recalls him.

“You did well, but I know you're going to scratch me.”

Rain then walks off while J.D. and his opponent steps onto the field. Rain goes into the lobby to wait while J.D. goes for his last battle. As he walks through, he notices Isabel, the evil woman who vows to get revenge on Rain for whatever reason, talking with the receptionist. She mentions Shaymin for some reason, which makes Rain a little interested in her discussion. She simply glares back at Rain as he gulps nervously.

What is she doing here?” Rain thought.

She walks off and leaves him be. Rain knows that she knows something about Shaymin. Rain looks up at the TV to see the battle between J.D. and Kevin, a young boy that Rain fought in the Battle Factory previously. His Yanma is weakening from Forretress's attacks.

“J.D. will be fine,” Rain said. “I need to know what's up with her and Shaymin.”

He sneaks off to find Isabel and get answers from her. He had to figure out what is going on before something bad happens. He soon hears her talking to someone and hides behind the wall next to the door that was open.

“All I know is that there are reports of her being near the Flower Paradise, near Route 224,” Isabel said.

“Do you have anyone heading over there?” said a familiar voice over the phone's loudspeaker.

Isn't that?” Rain thought.

“I sent a few men over there to investigate. I warned them that failure isn't an option. I'm aware of the deadline, but it shouldn't take much longer.”

“You do realize what will happen if this plan fails.”

“Promise you, we'll get that Shaymin if it's the last thing we do!”

“Do not let me down. This project will not fail.”

The man hangs up while Rain immediately sneaks off. He sees the broom cabinet open and sneaks inside. Isabel walks out and hears a noise.

“What was that?” Isabel said.

Rain gulps nervously and tries to remain still. Isabel ignores it and walks off. Once she's out of range, he opens the door and runs off. Shaymin is in danger and there's nothing he could do about it. He finally arrives back in the main area and sees J.D. waiting for him.

“Well, well,” J.D. said. “Look who missed my epic battle!”

“I'm sorry,” Rain said. “But something's about to happen!”

Rain explains to J.D. about what Isabel said about Shaymin. J.D. is surprised that they would go after a Legendary Pokémon like that.

“So what do we do?” he asked.

“Nothing right now. I want to help her, but we're in a position to do nothing at this point. All we can do is figure out how to save her once she's captured. She's far from here after all.”

J.D. wishes that he had time to help her, but it was impossible now. Argenta comes in and sees Rain and J.D. together.

“Rain Eidoh,” Argenta said. “I'm glad that I found you. You're up first with J.D. going up after. I hope you're ready.”

Rain decides to shrug off Shaymin's danger for now and decides to go for his fourth Print. He follows Argenta into the main area as they both prepare to battle. The crowd is cheering in excitement as the two prepare to battle.

“Ladies and Gentlemen!” Argenta said. “Welcome to the last battle: the battle against myself: the Hall Matron!”

The crowd cheers in response. They really wanted Argenta to win and were dying to see her win.

“This battle will be against myself and Rain under the same rules as before. Only I can use any Pokémon I desire! A one on one battle to decide who the true victor is!”

Rain is amazed at how many people were fans of her.

“Now then, Rain, are you ready?” she asked.

“Sure am!” Rain said.

“Then let's go!”

They both go to their positions and prepare to fight in their one on one battle. Rain knows that Weavile wanted to win and so did Rain. The two lights, which were positioned above them, flash to begin the battle.

Rain sends out his Weavile to battle whatever Argenta's Pokémon was. She smiles as she takes out her Pokeball and prepares to battle.

“Go, Cloyster!” Argenta said.

She sends out a large, purple, shell-like Pokémon that opens up to reveal a round ball with a face on it giving off a sinister smile. Rain knows that Cloyster are Water and Ice types and are pretty tough to beat.

“Let's go!” Argenta said. “Cloyster, use Aurora Beam!”

Cloyster fires a rainbow colored beam at Weavile, who takes the hit and tries to fend it off. Weavile falls to the ground from the attack and gets up in response.

“Clamp!” Argenta ordered.

“Dark Pulse!” Rain ordered.

Weavile powers up a Dark Pulse attack and uses it to strike Cloyster, however he hops over and shuts his shell closed and clamps Weavile's hands within. The blast shoots anyway and strikes Cloyster close range. Cloyster opens itself as it feels dizzy from the attack. Weavile rubs his hand in pain from the Clamp attack.

“Weavile, can you still fight?” he asked.

Weavile nods and prepares to go for it. Cloyster is more than ready to fight back.

“Water Pulse!” Argenta ordered.

Weavile charges forward with his hands filled with Dark energy, leaving Cloyster to fire a Water Pulse that strikes Weavile hard. Weavile tries to push through, but the force is too strong for him and it knocks him on his back.

“Weavile, get up!” Rain said.

Weavile gets up, but he's weakening already. Rain had to defeat that thing before it's too late.

“Weavile, use Faint Attack!””

Weavile vanishes mysteriously and reappears behind Cloyster. It's big body couldn't turn fast enough, leaving him to strike Cloyster and knocks him on its face. He gets on top of him and prepares to swipe him, but Cloyster closes shut, raising him up and knocking him off.

“Cloyster, use Ice Shard!”

Cloyster bounces up and turns to Weavile to fire an Ice Shard at him, knocking him to the ground and continues to shoot him constantly.

“Weavile!” Rain said. “Weavile, use Dark Pulse!”

Weavile fires a Dark Pulse attack that stops Cloyster's attack and deals a lot of damage to it.

“Cloyster, trap it!”

Cloyster jumps up, to the surprise of both Rain and Weavile, and slams on Weavile, trapping him below.

“Aurora Beam!”

That close?!” Rain thought. “Dark Pulse!”

Weavile uses a Dark Pulse at the same time as Cloyster's Aurora Beam and strike each other at close range. A massive explosion occurs as Cloyster is sent flying back and lands on the ground. Weavile just lies down breathing in and out while Cloyster was unable to battle. The green light flashes on Rain's side, leaving him to cheer in victory. He decides to go over and give Weavile a hand, lifting him up and making sure that he was all right.

“Are you okay, buddy?” Rain asked.

“Wea, weavile,” he replied.

Rain smiles and so does Weavile. Argenta is pleased to see him win after that grueling battle that almost knocked Weavile out. She recalls her fallen Cloyster and heads off to Rain.

“Rain,” Argenta said. “May I see your Vs. Recorder, please?”

Rain happily gives her the Vs. Recorder as she gives him the Hall Print. He now had his rematch against Palmer, which he could not afford to lose at all. His Weavile had to be healed before he can fight him however. Rain only hopes that J.D. could survive against her.

“Congratulations, Rain,” she said, giving back his Vs. Recorder. “Let's hear it for him!”

The crowd cheers for his victory. Rain couldn't believe that he managed to get four Prints after all this time. His battle with Palmer is going to be a good one. He clears the stage for J.D. to go through, while Rain waits in the lobby for him to finish.

-----------------------------------------

Outside, Rain and J.D. were showing off their Prints, including their new Hall Prints. Rain is pleased that he managed to beat Argenta as well.

“So where are you off to?” Rain asked.

“I'm going for the Battle Castle again,” he replied. “See if I can get that win against that beautiful Caitlin!”

“I'm sure you'll be disappointed with that.”

“What's that supposed to mean?”

Rain paused for a second, wondering if he should spoil his discovery about Darach being the Frontier Brain instead.

“Never mind.”

He figures that he should keep it private and leaves it up to him to find out for himself.

“Anyway, I'm heading to the Battle Tower later,” Rain said. “I want to make sure I win this time.”

“Good luck.”

They both head off as they go their separate ways. J.D. is heading back to the Battle Castle, while Rain was heading to his room before facing Palmer. He knows that he's going to use the same team as before, but how much better will they be against Palmer?

To Be Continued!

Whaa. Time flies.

About the battle Castle match. It was great.I was especially impressed by Darach's Staraptor.
As for the battle Hall, onceagain the change is unique and cool to me. Though, its kind of 'blah' compared to the others. Only one battle ;_;
It's cool tht Rain and J.D are doing so good now in their endeavours.
I hope everything goes well for Rain at the battle tower. I'm almsot tired of seeing those 3 pokemon battle XD

Episode #14: The Rematch Against Palmer!

Rain gathers his things before heading down to the lobby to gain access to the Battle Tower’s battling rooms. He takes out his Vs. Recorder and looks at each of his prints. The last one remaining was the Tower Print, which he needed in order to head off to the main tournament in a few days.

“It’s time,” Rain said.

He soon hears a knock on the door as he goes over to open it. He sees Manny on the other side and opens the door with a smile.

“What’s up?” Manny asked.

“Just heading off to face Palmer,” Rain replied.

“How many Prints do you have?”

Rain shows him his Vs. Recorder with all four of his prints: The Factory, Arcade, Castle and Hall Prints.

“Just need to beat Palmer and I’m set!”

“Nice. Hey, I don’t know if you’re aware of this, but...It’s about Shaymin.”

“They’re after her, right?”

Manny was surprised that he knew already. Then again, he should have known that Rain discovered this information easily.

“Well, I’ve been eavesdropping on them for a while and I managed to get some information on them. It seems that Shinsei wants something from Shaymin. So much that he’s willing to keep it captive for a while just to get it.”

“I wish we could do something.”

“Yeah. You should be focusing on getting that Print for now. Leave the investigation to me.”

“Thanks so much, Manny. Don’t know what I’d do without you.”

Manny smiles happily in response to his compliment. Rain heads off to the main desk to get into the battle arenas in order to battle Palmer. Manny just hopes that he’s able to beat him this time.

----------------------------------------------

Palmer is currently in the arena, waiting for Rain to come by. He was waiting for the past few days, but when he heard that today would be it, he just had to come by. Rain soon enters the doorway and hopes for the best. Palmer smiles as he takes out Rhyperior's Pokeball and prepares to go.

“Welcome back, Rain,” Palmer said. “I trust that you're ready?”

Rain nods in response. He isn't going to back down this time.

“I will not repeat the rules. We'll go straight into it!”

The two lights flash, leaving Palmer to go first!

“Go, Rhyperior!” he said.

He sends his Rhyperior to battle against whatever Rain was going to send out. He hopes that Gallade was up for it.

“Go, Gallade!” Rain said.

Gallade comes out and prepares to battle. Rain didn't want to lose one bit; it was now or never. The two lights flash to begin the battle.

“Rhyperior, use Rock Wrecker!” Palmer ordered.

Rhyperior digs into the ground and points the rocks at Gallade and fires immediately.

Gallade charges forward and punches the rocks with a powerful blast, breaking it completely. He continues forward and strikes Rhyperior constantly.

Gallade fires a Leaf Blade that strikes Rhyperior hard, but the Solid Rock ability wasn't doing a heavy amount to him.

“Megahorn!” Palmer ordered.

Rhyperior's drill begins to swirl as he goes after Gallade, striking him hard enough for him to slam on the ground. Gallade quickly gets up and prepares to go again.

“Psycho Cut!” Rain ordered.

Gallade fires a Psycho Cut that deals a lot of damage to Rhyperior. Gallade keeps firing as Rhyperior continues to defend himself.

“Stone Edge!” Palmer ordered.

“Dodge the attack!” Rain ordered.

Rhyperior uses a Stone Edge attack, which Gallade dodges. The numerous rocks were shooting up, but Gallade was avoiding them easily.

Gallade shoots forward and strikes Rhyperior hard and knocks him to the ground. He was soon unable to battle, leaving the green light to flash on Rain's side.

“Good work, Gallade!” Rain said.

Gallade stands up and crosses his arms, ready for the next opponent. Palmer recalls his fallen Rhyperior and prepares to send out his next Pokémon.

“Go, Milotic!” Palmer said.

Palmer sends out his Milotic for battle. She is as elegant as ever, but Rain didn't want to waste Gallade just yet.

“Gallade, return!” Rain said.

Gallade comes back to his Pokeball, leaving him to send out Luxray next.

“Go, Luxray!”

Rain sends his Luxray out as he roars proudly. Palmer knew that he was waiting for Dragonite, but he was hoping to defeat him before it was too late. The two lights flash to start the battle.

“Milotic, use Twister!”

“Dodge it!” Rain said.

Milotic fires a Twister attack that Luxray manages to dodge with his impressive speed. He immediately gets behind her and begins to spark up.

Luxray launches a Discharge attack that strikes Milotic, dealing a lot of damage to her. Palmer was impressed with how much Rain improved since last time.

“You aren't taking any chances this time, are you?”

“Not one!” Rain said. “I'm going all out this time!”

“Bravo! Then how about giving me a thrill of a battle! Milotic, use Twister once more!”

Milotic uses a Twister that strikes Luxray and sends him against the wall. Milotic wasn't letting up and neither was Rain.

“Discharge!” Rain ordered. “Give them your strongest one!”

Luxray lets loose a powerful Discharge attack that strikes Milotic, dealing more damage than before.

“Recover!” Palmer said.

Milotic breaks free from the attack and begins to glow in a heavenly aura, healing her damage and returning to normal.

“Great,” Rain said. “Now what?”

“Recover will be hard to beat, kid!” Palmer said. “Just like you, I will not let up!”

Rain knew that Milotic was going to be hard to beat, but he wanted to have strong Pokémon for the battle against Dragonite. Rain gets an idea that will make sure that Milotic can't recover.

“Luxray, use Iron Tail!” Rain ordered.

“Use Aqua Tail!” Palmer ordered.

Both Pokémon use their tail to strike each other as they push each other to their limits. Luxray was pushing as hard as he can, but Milotic's tail had more thickness to it than Luxray's skinny tail that she knocks him aside.

Luxray lands on the ground and runs back to bite Milotic's tail and electrocutes her greatly. Milotic shoots him off and knocks him aside. He gets up as watches Milotic's fin-like tail flap around.

“Charge!” Rain ordered.

Luxray begins to power up his electrical power with a Charge attack, hoping to do more damage than before.

“Recover!” Palmer ordered.

Rain knew that Charge is going to take a while, but he couldn't risk Milotic getting away with it.

Lucray begins to power up stronger than before and lets loose a powerful bolt of electricity that strikes Milotic before she can get a chance to release the electricity. She soon falls to the ground, unable to battle. The green light flashes to signal Rain's victory.

“This is going to end up fine!” Rain said.

He knows who's coming next, but he had to be strong for this. Dragonite is possibly the strongest Pokémon he has ever faced in his life, and he isn't going to lose now.

“I hope you've come prepared!” Palmer said, recalling his Milotic back into his Pokeball.

He takes out his next Pokeball and prepares to make sure Rain is truly strong enough to defeat him. Rain is nervous, but he feels that he's ready for this.

“Go, Dragonite!” Palmer said.

Palmer's powerful Dragonite comes out and roars proudly. Rain is waiting for this moment, and with all three of his Pokémon in perfect shape, he is ready for this. He, however, remembers when he's in this position before.

“The last time this happened,” Rain thought, “I ended up losing to him. I need to get him without using Weavile. I have to weaken him somehow!”

The two lights flash to begin the battle.

“Dragonite, use Dragon Rush!” Palmer ordered.

“Dodge it, quick!” Rain ordered.

Dragonite uses a Dragon Rush attack and charges forward towards Luxray, who successfully dodges the attack.

“Now, use Discharge!” Rain ordered.

Luxray fires a Discharge attack that strikes Dragonite hard. He immediately breaks it loose and glares at Luxray.

“Hyper Beam!” Palmer ordered.

Dragonite fires a Hyper Beam that strikes Luxray hard and sends him into the wall. He soon slides down, unable to battle. The red light flashes on Palmer's end and leaves him smiling.

“I've been waiting to see that,” Palmer said. “Odd how it's been my Dragonite causing it.”

Rain recalls his Luxray and prepares to send out Gallade to keep this going.

“Gallade, let's go!” Rain said.

Gallade comes out, ready to go more than ever. The lights begin to flash to begin the battle.

“Twister!” Palmer ordered.

The two fire their attacks, but Dragonite's Twister was much stronger and grabs Gallade within the storm and swings him across. He slowly gets up, but Dragonite was within close range of him.

Dragonite fires a Hyper Beam that strikes Gallade at close range. It shoots Dragonite across, but it was far better than before. Gallade, though, is unable to battle. Rain knows that he isn't going to get anywhere with those two, as much as he hates to admit it. It's all up to Weavile to finish the job. After the failed event from before, he couldn't afford this loss now.

Dragonite,” Rain thought. “There must be a reason why so many legends surround it. Legends of its strength. Palmer must be fortunate to train him.

“I'm waiting for you?” Palmer asked. “Or do you realize it's hopeless now?”

I will not surrender!” Rain thought. “Not now...not ever. Weavile...Please....WIN THIS!!!!

Rain takes out Weavile's Pokeball. He's the only one capable of dealing damage to him, and failure simply means the end for him.

“Go, Weavile!” Rain said, stronger than ever.

Weavile immediately comes out. He remembers what he said about focusing on the battle more than his opponent, but he doesn't want to lose again either. This is it; this is their moment! The final light flash starts the last Battle in the main round before the Tournament round!

“Dragonite, use Dragon Rush!” Palmer ordered.

Dragonite charges in his powerful Aura and begins to charge towards Weavile, who is ready to fight.

“Faint Attack to dodge!” Rain ordered.

Weavile vanishes, completely avoiding the attack and sneaking behind him. He smiles as Dragonite turns around.

“Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

Weavile fires an Ice Beam on Dragonite's back, freezing his wings and dealing a huge amount of damage to him. Dragonite falls to the ground as he struggles to get up.

“Dragonite, use Outrage!” Palmer ordered.

Dragonite begins to surge up with energy as he charges towards Weavile, striking him constantly. He smashes him against the wall and slowly gets up. Dragonite is slightly confused, but he shakes it off and goes back into battling mode.

“Faint Attack!” Rain ordered.

Dragonite fires the attack at close range, making Rain gasp in shock. However, Weavile was gone, presumably due to Faint Attack. Dragonite looks up as Weavile lands on his head, with him trying to get his opponent off.

“Ice Beam!”

Weavile fires another Ice Beam to freeze his head, jumping off once it was encased. Dragonite roars as he shatters the ice parts completely. He isn't going to lose to Weavile at all, and he's sure of it.

“Ice Shard!” Rain ordered.

Weavile fires a number of Ice Shards that strike Dragonite as he covers himself in response.

This kid,” Palmer thought. “He's not taking any risks. He's obviously giving it his all. Well fine, neither will we!

“Weavile, use Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

“Dragon Rush!” Palmer ordered.

Weavile uses another Ice Beam just as Dragonite powers his Aura and goes for it. He shoots himself across and strikes Weavile hard, slamming him into a wall. This battle is making Rain want to throw up from all the nervousness, and it's hard for him to take all the action. Weavile was weak, and so is Dragonite, who not only took a lot of Ice attacks, but used so many powerful attacks as well.

“Ice Shard!”

Weavile fires another Ice Shard at Dragonite, who takes the hit greatly.

“Twister!”

Dragonite uses a Twister attack to strike Weavile constantly. He was still hanging on, however. He falls to the ground as he slowly gets up.

He's weak,” Rain thought. “Weavile! You can't give up no matter what!”

Palmer knows that he was about to lose, just like he did before.

“Use every bit of energy you have! Everything you've got. If it feels like you're about to crash, don't let that happen! GIVE HIM YOUR STRONGEST BEAT UP!!!!”

Weavile powers up another Beat up attack. The power, despite using what's left, slowly attempts to fade, but Weavile pushes himself farther than ever before to make it stronger.

I know what will happen,” Palmer thought. “He'll fade like last time. Sometimes kids never learn.

Weavile immediately charges towards Dragonite, who isn't taking any orders from his trainer. Weavile gets closer, but feels pain in his back. Rain covers his mouth in disbelief, but Weavile knows what made him strong in the first place. He pushes himself farther than he's ever...no...than ANY POKÉMON has ever gone. Through a powerful miracle, the attack connects and sends Dragonite flying across and into a wall. Weavile sits on his bottom and waits for Dragonite to fall as well. The smoke clears to reveal Dragonite standing perfectly, bruised beyond belief and weak like hell. Rain continues to cover his mouth in shock and disbelief: he knew he's done for.

“No,” Rain said softly. “It can't be...”

Dragonite smiles, and simply falls on his face. Palmer is in shock as well at the sight of what just happened. The quick puff of smoke clears, and Dragonite is unable to battle. The green light flashes on Rain's side, leaving him stunned that he actually won.

“Is it...over?” he asked.

Palmer didn't want to believe it either. He just smiles at the sight of his powerhouse Weavile. Rain goes from a look of shock to a smile. Weavile slowly gets up as he charges towards Rain and tackles him. Rain cringes at the thought of what he was going to do next, but when he opens his eyes, he sees Weavile smiling at him. Rain smiles as well, leaving him to give his Pokémon a hug.

“You're incredible!” Rain said. “You're truly something else!”

Palmer then claps in response. He's never seen a Weavile that willing to win before.

“Well done, Rain!” Palmer said. “You've come so far within the first few days that I can't turn down your right for a Print now!”

Rain smiles in response as he pats Weavile on the head. Palmer goes over to him as Rain takes out his Vs. Recorder, so he can get his Tower Print. He happily accepts as he puts the data in. He hands it back, showing all five prints assembled where the facilities would be on a map. He couldn't believe that he has all five Prints that easily.

“Now then,” Palmer said. “The tournament's in two says. I suggest getting some rest.”

Rain nods as he and his Weavile head off, cheering in response. Palmer looks at his Dragonite, who is slowly getting up after suffering a loss at the hands of a kid.

“No need to feel bad, Dragonite,” he said.

Palmer smiles, leaving Dragonite to smile as well. The two know that he's going to go far, and possibly win this entire thing as well. He hopes that it does happen, especially after beating him with an inch of Weavile's life left. The tournament is going to be an interesting one, that's for sure.

To Be Continued!

The next episode will show how J.D. got his Delcatty, and tells more about the locket from the third episode.

Episode #15: J.D. and Skitty!

Rain was currently residing in his room as he spends the night with his friend, Manny. His Buneary is out as well, and she is eating a bowl full of Pokémon food happily while the two are discussing about who's going on to the next round. Manny really isn't supposed to reveal the roster just yet, but Rain prodded him (and threatened him with Drapion), leaving him to tell the whole story.

“Well, so far, only five people are moving on. There's you, J.D., Kent, Padgett and Isabel. There's only three before the big tournament.”

Rain cringes at the thought of Isabel making it to the next round, but he figures that he'll get answers somehow from her.

“What about Artemis?” Rain asked.

“No word on her,” Manny said.

He soon hears a knock on the door as Rain goes over to see who it was. He opens the door to see Artemis on the other end with a big smile on her face.

“I made it through!” she said happily. “I have all five prints!”

“That's awesome!” Rain replied. “We'll be in the tournament together!”

They both hug each other happily. Manny is impressed that Artemis is opening up to them, despite being an ex-member of Olympus.

“Want to hang out with us for a bit?” Rain asked.

“Sure!” Artemis replied.

As they're going in, Rain hears that same mysterious jingle that he's been hearing for a long time now. It's obviously coming from J.D.'s room, but he has no clue what it is.

“What's he listening to?” Rain asked.

Rain walks over to J.D.'s room and bangs on his door. J.D. goes over and opens the door up to see him outside.

“Need something, kid?” he asked.

“All right,” Rain said. “What do you have with that weird music?”

“Why do you want to know?”

“I know you're hiding something. I think I have a right to know!”

J.D. really doesn't want to talk about it, but the two have been close at this point that he simply sighs and lets them in.

“Get in and shut the door.”

Rain, Artemis and Manny all enter the door as J.D. sits back on the bed. He opens his necklace locket as it plays the music once more. The three look and see him with a Skitty, the small cat-like Pokémon with squinted eyes and a cream colored moon-patterned face with a pink head. It also has a small body that was pink on top and cream on the bottom and a tail with a large, pink end with three tips resembling fox-tail grass. All three of them assume that it was his current Delcatty.

“What's with the Skitty?” Rain asked.

“She was my partner,” J.D. replied.

“Wait, 'was?'” Artemis asked.

“My Delcatty is another Skitty. The one in the photo is dead. She's also Kariko's mother.”

They all feel bad for him losing a close partner, but it was odd for a tough street kid like him to love a girlish Pokémon like Skitty.

“I hope you have time to spare, because I feel like telling a story.”

They all decide to get comfortable and listen to his story, probably a sad one.

“It was two years ago, before I got the invitation to the Battle Frontier...”

----------------------------------------------

Two years ago, J.D's parents were planning on getting a new pet for the household, aside from the Skitty that J.D. owned. Once the kennel arrived at home, J.D.'s parents let the Poochyena out to look around. He simply sniffs around, getting used to his new environment.

“Oh, sweetie pie,” the chubby woman with the brown, puffy hair, glasses said. “Don't be shy, just take your time.”

J.D.'s mother removes her pink coat, revealing a white shirt and brown jeans, while his gray-haired father does the same, revealing a green shirt and blue pants.

“Mom, why do we need another Pokémon in the house?” J.D. asked, coming down the stairs with his Skitty on his shoulder.

“Because we don't have a pet, dear,” she replied. “You have Skitty, but we have nothing. After all, you refuse to let that thing near us.”

“Because you smother her way too much.”

Poochyena begins to bark at Skitty, making her leap off and run away. J.D. growls in annoyance and glares back at the Poochyena.

“You leave Kari alone!” J.D. snapped.

“Don't yell at my Poochy,” she said, lifting him up. “After all, he doesn't want to be nervous, no he doesn't.”

“You know mom, at least act like you got it with my permission, which you didn't!”

J.D.'s dad sighs as he goes over to him.

“Son, I know it's hard to have him in the house, but your mother and I thought about this for a while.”

“You mean on short notice?” J.D. asked.

J.D.'s mother continues to pet her cute Poochyena as he simply sits there, wagging his tail rapidly.

“Henrietta, I think we should take him outside for a bit, it's been a long car ride.”

“If we must,” she said. “Come on, Poochy!”

His mother was obsessed with Dog Pokémon. Her favorite was obviously a Poochyena and she wanted it for a long time. J.D. hates how his mother treats Skitty most of the time, and it got to a point where he refused to let her near Kari again. J.D storms back up to his room to see Kari laying on his desk chair, licking her paw cutely. J.D. throws his body on his bed and growls under the decorated quilt in anger.

“God, I hate my mother!” he said in fierce anger.

He flips himself over and lays down properly on the couch.

“She cares about no one but herself! She's a pain!”

Skitty hops onto his bed and then to his windowsill and looks out at the Poochyena outside. He was running after Henrietta, who was running away in a playful manner. J.D.'s dad wasn't there at all.

“I assure you, that thing's going to stay away from you even if I have to beat him off.”

He soon hears a knock on his door, leaving him to let his dad inside.

“How's it going?” he asked.

“Fine until that rat came here!”

“Listen, your mother's been dying for a pet for a long time. If Skitty's the problem then we won't let him go near Skitty, we promise.”

“What if he does?”

They both knew how overprotective Henrietta was to Pokémon. One scratch on him and she goes insane. If Skitty ever attacked it out of defense, it would be the end of it.

“We'll see how things work and we'll see what happens.”

J.D.'s father heads out while J.D. swings his legs and lies on the bed. He simply hopes that everything would go over well, despite Skitty's new fear of him.

-------------------------------------------------------

A few days later, J.D. walks downstairs with Skitty on his back. He wanted to take her out for a walk and head to the Pokémon Center to see all the neat Pokémon there. Poochyena barks at them while Skitty gets nervous, leaving J.D. to sigh as he attempts to walk out the front door. Poochyena goes after them, jumps up and grabs his butt and barks uncontrollably, forcing Skitty to jump off. She lands on the windowsill of the outside window, leaving Poochyena to jump on the couch and go after her.

“Hey, knock it off, both of you!!!” J.D. snapped.

Skitty tries to run as fast as she could, to the point where they both accidentally knock over a potted plant as it crashes below.

“Guys, cut it out, now!!!” J.D. shouted.

His parents were outside, but they could hear everything outside. Skitty was frightened by this Pokémon that she was too afraid to do anything. Poochyena manages to get her in a corner and continued to bark at her. This gave J.D. the opportunity to go after him to separate the others. Skitty, however, was getting sick of this and simply decides to strike Poochyena with a DoubleSlap attack by slapping it constantly with her tail. The parents manage to see that as they were coming in, and needless to say, Henrietta was shocked at what she saw. J.D. runs over to pick up Skitty as he hugs her tightly.

“What did that thing do to my precious?!?!” Hentrietta snapped.

“Tell that mutt to stay away from my Kari!” J.D. snapped back. “She was only trying to defend herself!”

“Enough! Poochy would never do such a terrible thing, no he wont!”

She picks him up and snuggles with him, leaving J.D. in a fit of rage. The two run outside and go to wherever they were planning on going.

“I never want to have that thing near you again!” J.D. said. “I’ll make sure of that!”

They continue to spend their time together while J.D. wonders what his mother will do to Kari. She was really protective of her Poochyena, but he would soon find out just how protective she really was. After a while, they spent the rest of the day together and eventually decide to head home.

Later that night, J.D. wakes up and notices that Skitty just suddenly disappeared. He looks around and notices that his door wasn’t open. He couldn’t remember if he had to go or let Kari out (not that he ever would, especially with Poochyena in the home). He goes downstairs in his pajamas and looks around for Kari.

“Kari?” he called out. “Kari, where are you?”

He eventually looks down at the carpet and recognizes an odd liquid. It was a big puddle, but he thought that Kari might have gone on the floor in annoyance of the new pet.

“Kari, I understand that you hate him, but...Oh...God...”

He soon realizes that it wasn’t an accident that she caused, but something else: blood!

“Kari?” he asked.

The trail eventually leads into the kitchen, leaving him to see a horrible sight that made him gasp to the point where he had little air to breathe! Kari was lying on the kitchen counter, dead.

“Kari?” he said, ready to cry. “KARIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!”

He knew that she was gone for good. He did what was best for her and takes her outside in the pouring rain to bury her. He knew that his mother caused it, but he had no idea that she would go as far as killing her. Once the burial was done, he sets himself in his room and cries constantly. He never had to suffer so much over a loss. The two were extremely close and for her to die; it just left J.D. in a state of shock. This would continue until the morning; he couldn't even make an attempt to sleep.

“Kari, come back!!!” he said, crying hysterically.

He soon hears a knock on the door, leaving his father to come inside.

“Get out!” J.D. shouted.

His father was saddened by his Skitty’s death, but he knew there was little to do about it. He ends up closing the door so he could talk to his wife about the incident. J.D. would only remain in his room for a while.

---------------------------------

Rain and the others continue to listen to the last part as they all feel sorry for him. They had no idea how close they truly were.

“What I want to know is why you even have this close connection to a Skitty of all things,” Rain asked.

“I don’t normally care for Skitty,” he said. “I found her abandoned outside of a lot somewhere and I took her in. She was very feisty on occasion, but I slowly warmed up to her...and so did she.”

“What happened after that,” Artemis asked. “I mean, where did the Delcatty come from?”

“Once my dad talked to my mom, she actually felt guilty about what she did.”

“Who wouldn’t,” Manny said. “I mean, not to offend or anything, but she seems to have a psychotic obsession with protecting her pets.”

Rain glares in anger, letting him know not to insult his mother like that.

“Just saying.”

“That may be," J.D. replied, "but she can’t control it. Her favorite Pokémon actually is a Poochyena, so you can tell what made her go crazy. Anyway, I didn’t want to leave my room for days. One day, my dad decided to give me a few gifts.

J.D. continues to lie on his bed, looking at a photo of him and Skitty when he was ten years old, and when Skitty was a mere baby Pokémon. He couldn’t get over his separation between the two. He hears a knock on the door again, leaving J.D. to become annoyed.

“I told you, DON’T COME IN!!!” J.D. shouted.

“I-I just want to leave some things!” his dad replied.

He opens the door, leaving a jewelry case and a gift box inside.

“You don’t have to look at them if you don’t want to,” he said. “The small box is from your mother.”

He closes the door while J.D. looks back at the presents, wondering if they were happy that Skitty was dead. He simply turns around and refuses to look at them. The present from his mother, however, was making him want to look. He soon growls in anger and goes over to take the presents off of his desk and peek at them. He was hesitant to open them, since he knew one was from Henrietta. He begins with the jewelry box and opens it up. It was engraved with numerous flowers and a button designed like a Pokeball within. He clicks the locket open and sees something that made him surprised, as well as giving him the need to cry once more. It was a photo of the last time he and his Skitty took a picture together. The music was a midi sound of the song that they always listen to, a soft ballad song from a popular piano player.

“Mom,” he said.

He was surprised that she really cared about the two of them. He looks at the box and decides to open that. Once the box was open, he sees what appears to be a Pokémon egg. It has a familiar moon-like pattern, as well as a pink and cream coloring, like Skitty. His father immediately opens the door and sees him with the egg.

“Sorry for coming in like that,” he said, “but I wanted to make sure you got to that present. That came from your Skitty, about a week before her death. I know nothing could replace your old Skitty, but think of it as your old Skitty putting her soul in this one. There’s nothing that could bring her back, I know...but now’s the time to relive your past with your new partner.”

J.D. had no idea that Skitty was a mother! After all this time, he never saw any egg at all. It brings up an odd question:

“Who’s the father?” J.D. asked.

“I...don’t know to be honest. Could be a Wailord?”

“Haha, you wish!” J.D. said with a smile.

His dad was happy that he finally got his son to laugh at his joke. J.D. swears to take care of his Skitty’s egg, as well as the locket he received from his mom. Speaking of Henrietta, he decides to go outside to see his mother. She was sitting on a rocking chair on the deck outside of their house petting her Poochyena, but stops to see J.D. and simply looks at her. J.D. looks out into the street of the small suburban town and looks down at his egg.

“Thank you,” he said.

She knew what he was talking about and continues to pet her Poochyena.

“I just couldn't control myself,” she said. “When I was little...I had a Meowth like what you had with the Skitty. One day...I just squeezed her out of love so much that...she simply suffocated to death.”

J.D. was surprised to hear that it wasn't simply a one time moment, but a mental illness of being psychotically obsessed with her pets.

“I didn't want to see a doctor, because I feared that I would be locked up. I'm so severe with this that if anyone ever found out...I might never see anything again.”

J.D. had no idea about his mother's secret. He feels bad for her at this point, having to suffer through all of that.

“I hope that locket is a good enough apology.”

J.D. grips his locket and pictures the image within in his mind. He knew that a living memory of his pet Skitty was good enough, as well as the egg she produced.

“It is...thank you.”

“What are you going to name her?”

J.D. looks at the egg and thought of a really good name. Kariko. It was like his father said: she is a reincarnation of his old pet. It was even going to be a Skitty as well.

Rain is ready to cry at their happy ending, but he feels that his mother wasn't happy at all. After hearing that his mother was really psychotic, he just feels bad for her.

“I just want to win...for her sake.”

“What happened to Poochyena,” Artemis asked. “I mean...is he...”

“He's still alive, fortunately. My mom's been keeping careful of him. I just hope that he ends up surviving another year.”

“Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm really tired!” Manny said, yawning.

“Same here,” Rain said. “That was quite a story.”

“Yeah. I just hope it works out in the end.”

“Well, good night.”

Rain, Artemis and Manny all give their goodbyes as they head back to his room. He takes one more look at his locket as the music plays again. He smiles and looks back at Delcatty, who was sleeping soundly. His phone begins to ring as he digs into his pocket, takes it out and answers it.

“Yo,” he simply said.

“J.D.,” the person on the other end said. “It's your father.”

“Dad? What's up?”

“Son...It's your mother.”

He soon begins to cry on the other end, leaving J.D.'s eyes to shoot open like never before. Whatever the news was, it wasn't good AT ALL.

To Be Continued!

I'm really enjoying this fic. It's nice to see Rain with Manny again, but I kinda miss Jessica...
JD is such a character. I really can't wait for Friday's update. :D

I haven't forgotten about Jessica. She'll appear soon.

Episode #16: Begin The Battle Frontier Tournament!

The five day deadline is over, and now all eight challengers were gathered together in the main arena to prepare for the tournament rounds. The only ones who made it are Rain, Artemis, J.D., Kent, Issak, Padgett, Isabel, and a mysterious cloaked trainer known as Otoshi Yoru. They have never encountered him in any of the facilities, nor do they know why he was here. Apparently, he managed to get all five prints and make it here, so he must be good. The main tournament area was similar to Hoenn's tournament area, gray metal walls with a stage for Mr. Muto and the Frontier Brains to sit and watch the performance.

“Here he comes,” J.D. said.

Mr. Muto soon arrives and looks over at the challengers who have made it so far. He notices Rain and smiles at the fact that he got here. Perhaps he wasn't weak after all. It didn't matter to him, because he had the final say in what was going on.

“Welcome to the Battle Frontier tournament rounds,” he said in a microphone on the stands. “Each of you should at least have five commemorative prints awarded by the five Frontier Brains here. Now you must face off against each other once more. This will run like a normal tournament. All battles will be two on two, with additional Facility rules added to a twist of the first round.”

They all wonder what he was talking about, since he never mentioned anything like that.

“I see you're confused. I wanted to wait until this moment to explain the rules of the tournament rounds. You will all face in every facility-like round except for the Tower. All the rules apply and will be explained during the round you fight in.”

“What about the Castle?” Artemis asked.

“I said they will be explained!”

Artemis freaks out while Rain just growls in annoyance.

“Now then, I think it makes sense to reveal who will be facing who.”

A large screen comes down from above with a tournament grid on it, pairing eight people in groups of two. There were no pictures within the squares in the brackets. The only images of them were outside.

“This is how this will work!” Shinsei said. “You have each been given a random number before the meeting, from one to eight. I will call out each number in their proper order. So one will fight two, three will fight four, and so on. Now, let's begin! Number one and number two, please step forward!”

Rain steps forward, but when he looks for his opponent, he was surprised. It was Isabel, the same woman who appears to be working for Mr. Muto.

This could be my chance,” Rain thought.

“Number three and number four, please step forward!”

Artemis steps forward proudly, and so does Isaak. She remembers him as the capoeira man from before.

“Number five and six! Front and center!”

Otoshi comes forward, and so does Kent. He was surprised that the two were facing so early.

Great, I got Mr. Goody-two-shoes,” Otoshi thought.

“The remaining two, you will be paired together!”

J.D. and Padgett were the only ones left. J.D. is willing to take him on and show him who's boss. The results are now paired with each other: Rain vs. Isabel; Artemis vs. Isaak; Otoshi vs. Kent; and J.D. vs. Padgett.

“Now then, each of your challenges will be decided. They have been decided by random!”

The phrases soon pop up labeled “Arcade,” “Castle,” “Hall,” and “Factory.” The names go to their respective areas. The order was Arcade, Hall, Factory and Castle.

“I'm sure we all know the rules for each of the facilities. For the Castle rules, we'll work it differently. You must decide on one effect that the Battle Castle offered. ONLY ONE. And you cannot change your decision. Everything else is the same as before!”

He looks at the back and sees the Frontier Brains, including Darach and Caitlin, waiting for their signal.

“Before we begin, the Brains will assume their positions on the stage!”

They all come forward, leaving Isaak's eyes to flare up when he sees his daughter emerge from the back.

“You will all watch the final battle. You will represent the Battle Frontier and it's impressive pride and talent! ARE WE CLEAR!!!”

“YES SIR!!!” they said.

“Please sit!”

They all sit in their assigned chairs as Mr. Muto looks back at them, and then back at the challengers.

“The area up above is where you all will reside. The only ones not allowed up there right now are Rain and Isabel, because they'll battle first! Please make your way up there and we'll get on with it.”

They all head off, with Artemis giving Rain the best of luck. Otoshi goes through first and looks back at the crowd following him.

Those freaks,” he thought. “That old man had to pair me with that dirty Kent! Well, we'll see who's going to win, just you wait!

After a while, they were all at the top balcony. They are paired in area A and area B. Area A had the people paired with odd number, J.D, Kent and Artemis, while area B had those with even numbers, Padgett, Otoshi and Isaak. Rain and Isabel are positioned below in their respective ends. A game board similar to that of the Battle Arcade is positioned to the same area as the board.

“Now then, begin the game board!” Shinsei said.

The board begins to move about the various choices. The black one’s for Rain while the red one’s for Isabel. It soon stops on The poison effect on Rain's side.

Great, so now my Pokémon are going to be poisoned!” Rain thought. He soon realizes something about his team. “I wonder...

Something soon pops up from the ground on Rain's side. It was a small stand with Pokeball containers for two Poké Balls that were designed to add effects for Pokémon. He takes two Poké Balls and places them on there as they become poisoned. Once they're done he takes them back as the stand sinks back into the ground. He's ready to go again and fight Isabel in order to move on to the next round.

I just have to win three battles,” Rain thought. “And this will be it! It all comes down to this!

By the honor of the Muto family...I will defeat you!” Isabel thought.

“All right!” Shinsei said. “Begin the match!”

“Let's go, Lopunny!” Isabel said.

Lopunny soon comes out and simply winks to Rain. He didn't want to lose to her at all, and knew exactly how to go through with this.

“Let's go, Gallade!” Rain ordered.

Gallade comes out, but he cringes upon feeling the pain of the poisoning. He still decides to go with this anyway and prepares to fight against Isabel's Lopunny.

“Lopunny, use Dizzy Punch!” Isabel ordered.

Lopunny's fist begins to form a swirling aura as she charges towards Gallade, who prepares to take the attack.

“Teleport and use Close Combat!” Rain ordered.

Gallade teleports away and uses Close Combat on Lopunny, dealing a lot of damage to her. She falls to the ground and quickly gets up.

“Lopunny, use Return!” Isabel ordered.

Lopunny begins to glow a bright white and emit a sparkly aura as she shoots towards Gallade and strikes him hard. It knocks Gallade into a wall as he stands up slowly. The attack was powerful, a big surprise to Rain.

“Jump Kick!” Isabel ordered.

Gallade prepares a Psycho Cut, but stops at the pain of the poisoning. Lopunny jumps into the air and goes towards Gallade, who tries again and hits her this time. Lopunny takes a huge hit and falls to the ground, slowly getting up.

“I will not be bested by you!” she said. “Lopunny, use Focus Punch!”

Lopunny's fist begins to glow and emit a strong force. She charges towards Gallade, who cringes in pain at his poisoning.

“Quick, Close Combat!” Rain ordered.

Gallade stops the attack and blocks Lopunny easily and sends her flying with a powerful punch. She lands on the ground, unable to battle, leaving Isabel to recall her fallen Pokémon.

“You dirty rat!” she said.

“Why are you against me?” Rain asked. “I did nothing to you!”

“You did everything to me...or should I say, us!”

Rain still had no idea what she meant by that.

“It's just me,” Isabel said, “and my old friend, Shinsei!”

“Why Shinsei, though?” Rain asked.

“Ever since that putrid girl humiliated him in public, I just couldn't take it. I swore I would be the one to take you down, and I WILL!!!!”

Rain had no idea that these two were that close to each other. This made her involvement in the Shaymin plot a tad bit clearer. Questions still were unclear, but he was willing to find out one way or another.

“Go, Gardevoir!” Isabel said.

She sends out a unique humanoid Pokémon. It resembles a beautiful woman with light green hair curved as it points to the front and over the middle of her head. Her body was thin with a green dress and a white body with a red plate coming from the front and back of her chest and back. Rain opens his Pokédex to see what it was.

“GARDEVOIR: THE EMBRACE POKÉMON; THE EVOLVED FORM OF KIRLIA. TO PROTECT ITS TRAINER, IT WILL EXPEND ALL ITS PSYCHIC POWER TO CREATE A SMALL BLACK HOLE. IT ALSO HAS THE POWER TO SEE INTO THE FUTURE.”

“Kirlia,” Rain said, remembering his old Kirlia, who is now his Gallade.

It is a battle of split evolutions now, but how would Gallade last when his poisoning would soon be his undoing.

I have to be careful of this,” Rain thought. “Gallade, use Night Slash!”

Gallade charges forward and extends his elbow blades covered in a dark aura. Isabel smiles as she prepares to fight back.

“Gardevoir, use Magical Leaf!”

Gardevoir unleashes a powerful Magical Leaf that strikes Gallade hard and knocks him back. Gardevoir keeps going until he's knocked out.

“Gallade!” Rain said.

“Let's see who you have to face off against my lovely Gardy!” Isabel taunted.

“Gardevoir,” Gardevoir said.

“Oh, I have someone!” Rain said. “Someone who'll stand up against this Psychic Type.”

Rain takes out his remaining Pokeball as he prepares to go for it.

“Go, Drapion!”

Rain sends his Drapion out, which made Isabel surprised by his move. Not only was he not poisoned due to being a Poison Type himself, but he was also immune to Psychic attacks!

“Beat that, LADY!!!!” Rain taunted.

“You defy me,” she said, smiling. “How very amusing! Gardevior, use Magical Leaf!”

Gardevoir uses Magical Leaf to strike Drapion, but they did very little to the Poison Type.

“Night Slash!”

Drapion fires a Night Slash attack that strikes Gardevoir, dealing a lot of damage to her.

“Go in and use Crunch!” Rain ordered.

Drapion rushes in and bites down on Gardevoir's shoulder, dealing Dark damage to great extents. Gardevoir falls to the ground, in pain.

“Stop this at once!” Isabel ordered. “You dare hurt such a precious Pokémon!”

“Sorry, but I have a reason to move on as much as you do, and anyone who sides with Mr. Muto is not worth anything in my book! Drapion, Night Slash, full power!”

Drapion fires a continuous Night Slash that strikes Gardevoir greatly. She soon falls to the ground, unable to battle. She can't believe how humiliating this whole battle was, after losing like that to a kid like him.

I'm not surprised,” Shinsei thought. “It's amazing that she got this far like that.

“No, I will not accept this!” Isabel shouted. “This kid is nothing, NOTHING!!!!”

“Just admit that you lost!”

“NO!!! YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH YOU IGNORANT BRAT!!!!”

“SILENCE!!!!!” Shinsei roared violently.

Isabel freaks out at his voice, as she sees his anger rise to new levels.

“How dare you shame me like this!” he snapped. “Get out, right now!!!”

Isabel recalls her Gardevoir and storms off, presumably leaving the Battle Frontier entirely. As the was storming though the hallway, she was soon grabbed by the mysterious cloaked man, Otoshi.

“What is the meaning of this!”

“You know everything about Uncle Shinsei's plans, correct?”

“Uncle...Shin...You're Roy Muto, aren't you!”

He takes his hood off to reveal that he was, indeed, Roy Muto, his old partner and current nephew to Shinsei Muto.

“I see you're quite observant,” Roy said, “and quite knowledgeable about Uncle Shinsei. Now then, if you want revenge on that horrible man, I suggest that you become involved in my plan?”

She manages to get out of his grip and move away from him, facing him as she's prepared to fight back at any moment.

“And what if I say no?!” she asked in anger.

“Then I'll tell my awesome Probopass to eliminate you from this world,” Roy said. “If you catch my drift! I must warn you, he's surprisingly speedy. Outrunning him will only waste your energy. Besides, this is your one chance to get back at him after telling you to get out! You really want to leave with that thought in the back of your head for the rest of your life?”

Roy had a point. This was her one opportunity to fight back and she wasn't going to waste it. If it meant fighting against someone she knew very well and got along with fairly.

“I'll do it!” she said.

Roy smiles as he taps her shoulder with a smile. Roy had a foolproof plan in his head and he wasn't going to waste it. The tournament would continue on, and so would the hunt for Shaymin, wherever she was.

To Be Continued!

:D. I can't wait to see Jess again.
Gosh, Isabel is really b!tch.
I wished the Gallade vs Gardevoir match could've been a little longer.
Rain choosing Drapion in a situation like that really shows how wise he is and how much he has developed.
Haha. I never saw that coming. I was wondering why you decided to add in this random Otoshi guy, but I never expected to see Roy again.
Great chap! I cant wait until I see the next few. :-D

WOOT! Jessica's coming back! :) I can't wait.
This is getting more and more interesting. I totally forgot about Roy. I wonder what's going on...

Episode #17: The Secret Plan!

The first round immediately comes to a close and now the next few battles are officially underway. The second match is Artemis and Isaak, who both make their way onto the field. Rain heads back up as he sees J.D. and Kent watching the battle unfold.

“J.D.,” Rain said.

J.D. snaps back to reality and looks at Rain. He was confused with him, wondering why he spaced out like that.

“Hey,” J.D. said. “Awesome battle!”

“Is something wrong?” Rain asked.

“No, I was just thinking about my battle.”

Kent knew he was hiding something. He looks down at the battle and watches the two battle under Battle Hall rules. A random type would be chosen for them and they had to fight with only one Pokémon, per Battle Hall rules. The types that were chosen were based on those within their teams. The types will be randomly decided on a board that was up since the group was decided.

“Now then,” Shinsei said. “It's time to start the next round. Artemis and Isaak!”

The two are ready for a while and are both prepared to face each other.

“This will be done under Battle Hall rules, both trainers will fight with a specific and chosen type and with only one Pokémon. Now then, let's go!”

The types flickered about as they eventually land on two types: Ice and Fighting.

“Just what I was waiting for!” Artemis said.

“This will be fun!” Isaak said.

Shinsei closes his eyes and breathes softly before looking on the field once more.

“All right, send out your first Pokémon!” he said.

“Go, Glaceon!” Artemis said.

She sends out her Glaceon as she takes the field. This was her main Pokémon, and she was glad to use it.

“Let's do this, Hitmontop!” Isaak said.

He sends out his Hitmontop and prepares to battle against the small Glaceon he's facing off against. He gets into a fighting stance while spreading his arms wide and roaring proudly.

“I'll be sure to show you who the real master is!” Isaak roared.

“If both of you are ready, then begin!” Shinsei said.

“Glaceon, use Ice Shard!” Artemis ordered.

“Hitmontop, use Rolling Kick!” Isaak ordered.

Glaceon fires numerous Ice Shards that strike Hitmontop, however his spinning motion was deflecting them all. He strikes Glaceon hard with a Rolling Kick attack that knocks her across for big damage.

“Hitmontop, use Triple Kick!” Isaak ordered.

Hitmontop rolls on forward by spinning on the spike on its head. Glaceon stands up and prepares to go again.

“Ice Beam!” Artemis ordered.

She fires an Ice Beam that freezes Hitmontop completely and forces it to spin around uncontrollably. He slams into a wall, causing the ice to break and causing him to take damage.

“Now, use Blizzard!” Artemis ordered.

Glaceon fires a Blizzard attack powerful enough to blow Hitmontop away.

“Don't let that Pokémon get the best of you!” Isaak.

Rain is amazed with Glaceon's skill over a Fighting Type. There must have been a reason she was put under Zeus's wing.

“Triple Kick!” Isaak ordered.

Hitmontop shoots himself across and strikes Glaceon hard, knocking her across. Hitmontop is still going, but Artemis isn't going to let it continue.

“Glaceon, use Last Resort!” Artemis ordered.

Glaceon begins to power up as she covers herself with a glowing aura. She goes after Hitmontop as the two collide. Glaceon's force is far stronger, proving this by sending Hitmontop flying as he lands onto the ground with a thud. Glaceon goes over to Hitmontop with a cute smile, knowing that she's ready to kick the crud out of him.

“Ice Fang!” Artemis said. “Send him flying!”

She bites down with an Ice Fang on Hitmontop's knee as she spins around quickly, lifting him up as they spin around wildly. She sends him flying to the wall as he slides down, unable to battle.

“Artemis will move on to the next round!” Shinsei said.

“Dad, you still fought well!” Dahlia called out to Isaak.

“Thank you, my sweetheart!” he cried. “I knew I raised you right!”

The two soon clear the stage as the next battle comes forth. Kent heads down, while Otoshi, or rather, Roy, was nowhere to be found. He wonders why he hasn't come back yet, and why he even left in the first place.

“We will take a quick ten minute break before continuing with the next round!” Shinsei said, walking back to the Frontier Brains.

“So, who do you think will win this battle?” Rain asked J.D. He got not response from him. “J.D.?”

He wakes up and looks at him.

“Oh, I...I don't know,” he replied.

“You've been staring off into space quite a lot,” Rain said. “What's up?”

He didn't want to talk about it. The news he got from his father, who called him last night, was very awful, but he simply sighs and goes towards the exit.

“Follow me,” he said.

Rain had a terrible feeling about this. He just follows him, hoping to get at least a simple answer.

--------------------------------------------------

As the battle between Artemis and Issak was going on, Isabel and Roy were in the back rummaging through some cargo in one of the port areas in the Fight Area. One of which was a crate that comes with an “ow” sound on the inside. Roy busts the grate open to reveal a Shaymin, powerless in her Land Forme, on what appears to be a tray of some sort.

“You could at least cage this stupid-” Isabel began, before shocking herself on the force field surrounding it.

“Exactly,” Roy said. “That's what they want you to think.”

He begins to put on some special gloves and touches the cage, emitting the spark.

“Let me go!” she said in anger.

“We're not here to hurt you,” he said.

She was confused by their comment. Suddenly, a sailor on the cargo ship catches them by surprise and calls out to them. Roy shoots his head back and throws the cage to her, leaving her to hold it with her hands down.

“Why are you giving it to me?!” Isabel asked.

“Just take it and run!” he said, taking out Probopass's Pokeball. “I'll handle this.”

He sends his Probopass out as he jumps on his back, ready to go.

“Use Magnet Ball!” Roy ordered. “Get us out of here!”

Probopass nods as he uses Magnet Bomb on the one sailor as he goes flying. Isabel takes Shaymin's cage and sneaks out of the cargo area without touching the force field around it. She looks down at the frightened critter and wonders if she was doing the right thing by saving it.

“Hang on,” she said.

Roy's Probopass fires a heavy amount of Magnet Bombs as he flies off the boat and onto the main land. He had ten minutes to get to the Battle Tower and face off against Kent.

His Probopass soon falls after being hit with another Magnet Bomb on another end. Roy falls off and rolls about, getting up and taking out Lopunny's Pokeball to prepare himself for a battle. He looks ahead to see none other than Manny and his Probopass, along with his Buneary, who rests on his shoulder. He gives them a nasty glare while he gets up.

“This isn't what it looks like, kid!” Roy said in annoyance.

Manny gets off and confronts him. One Roy notices his Buneary, he laughs his butt off. All the comments about him hating Lopunny were just ignorance, despite not being a Lopunny (yet).

“Oh...my...God!” he said, trying to contain his laughter. “I knew you had a tendency to be hypocritical at times, but MAN!!! This just takes it!”

“What are you-” Manny said, before looking at his Buneary. “Oh, her. She's an old friend of mine, who...”

“Who you happen to have a secret desire to evolve!”

He continues laughing, while he looks at his Probopass and nods. Probopass fires a Magnet Bomb as he's sent flying back towards the entrance. He lies on the ground in a daze as Manny picks him up.

“I suggest you start explaining what you're doing with Shaymin!” Manny said.

“Bun, bun!” Buneary said.

“I...I'm not working for Uncle Shinsei, if that's what you're getting at,” Roy replied. “I'm here to rescue Shaymin!”

Manny was confused by his comment, since their original plan was to capture Shaymin for whatever they plan to do.

“That old man is obsessed with power!” Roy said. “You know about the Gracidea Flowers, right? Well, they have a genetic code that grants anyone extreme power. Shaymin's transformation ability is proof of this! Mr. Muto wants that power and when he does...truly unspeakable things will happen!”

Manny had no idea what was going on. What kind of power is this exactly? Roy knows exactly what was going on and needed to find out about this fast.

“Maybe if you'll join my little espionage group, I might tell you the rest of the details.”

Manny didn't want to relate himself to a scumbag like Roy, but if he truly was telling the truth, he might get the information that Rain's been looking for for a while.

“If you try anything funny...” Manny said.

“Good,” he said. “Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a battle to attend to.”

He runs off while Manny wonders if this truly was a good idea. He calls his Probopass to him and rides towards the Battle Tower in hopes of stopping Mr. Muto before it was too late.

-------------------------------------------

Rain was talking about what J.D. was spacing out over and it turns out that it wasn't pretty. Rain was gasping over the story that he told him about what he heard from his dad. J.D. was just as upset, if not more.

“The moment I heard that Poochyena died...I just knew it.”

“But...how did...” Rain asked.

“You're forgetting about my mother's disorder. After all...it's what she's been cursed with forever. This death was the tip of the iceberg that simply crashed.

“Oh, J.D.”

Rain felt bad for him. J.D. slowly begins to cry at the thought of what he just told him.

“Why did she have to die!” J.D. said. “Why did she have to kill herself?! It's just not right!!!”

The news about Henrietta killing herself was an absolute shock to J.D. He thought after two years, she had finally gotten over it; thinking she'd be more careful. Poochyena was dead, and so is she.

“J.D.,” Rain said. “I know it's sad...but this is probably the best for her. It'll be worse to see her suffer even further.”

J.D. wipes his eyes clear of his tears, but he still misses his mother.

“I guess, but...we could have helped her.”

An announcement came on for the challengers to return to the main area and continue the tournament.

“Come on,” Rain said. “Your mother's probably rooting for you up in heaven right now.”

J.D. wipes his tears once more and goes along with Rain back to the main area. They had to focus on the tournament, as well as Shinsei Muto's plot. Up next would be Kent Lewis vs. Roy, or in this case, Otoshi Yoru. No one knew that he was Roy, but he didn't want to reveal himself just yet.

After all, he had a mission that he just couldn't fail.

To Be Continued!

Episode #18: Roy's Secret Mission!

The remaining members of the group are called into their previous positions to watch the remaining two battles unfold. Up next would be Kent against Otoshi. Kent walks onto the battlefield, however Otoshi was nowhere to be found. Roy was being held off by Manny and had to quickly arrive before it was too late.

“Where's Otoshi?” Rain asked J.D.

“Does he realize that his battle is up next?” J.D. asked.

Kent is growing impatient. His own opponent is late for his own match. Not to mention that no one even knows who he is. He soon arrives in his cloak and breathes heavily as he gets into position.

“Sorry I'm late,” he said. “I got caught up with my girlfriend. Anyway, what do you say we get started, Kent?!”

“All right,” Shinsei said. “This battle will be conducted under Battle Factory rules. Both of you will pick random Pokémon to battle with.”

The slots soon come up with two random Poké Balls for them to battle with. They take the Poké Balls out of the slots as they go back down. Neither of them have any idea what's inside, but they all hope that it's good enough to battle with.

“All right, begin!” Shinsei said.

They both send out their Pokémon, Kent with a powerful Staraptor, and Otoshi with a....Pachirisu? The cute squirrel Pokémon leaves Otoshi with an annoyed look.

I had to get the most pitiful Pokémon, huh?” Roy thought. “Wait...this might work. Staraptor is part Flying, while my Pachirisu can use Electric attacks. Let's see what Kent plans to do now!

“Let's see how you can handle this guy!” Kent said. “Staraptor, use Brave Bird!”

“Brave Bird off the bat, huh? Pachirisu, dodge and use Discharge!”

Staraptor flies towards Pachirisu with a powerful aura and prepares to strike, but Pachirisu dodges completely and lets loose a Discharge attack. Staraptor easily breaks it off and flaps his wings, glaring at the electric squirrel Pokémon.

“Staraptor, use Close Combat!” Kent ordered.

Staraptor fires numerous punches and kicks at Pachirisu, dealing a lot of damage to it, sending the tiny little thing back like a rocket. It struggles to get up and manages to stand, albeit breathing for air. Roy's annoyed that his Pachirisu is so weak, but he had to do something.

“Brave Bird!” Kent ordered.

Staraptor charges in with a Brave Bird attack and prepares to strike Pachirisu. He freaks out, wondering what to do, while Roy thinks of a plan.

“Pachirisu, use Super Fang!”

Pachirisu dodges and strikes with a powerful Super Fang attack. Staraptor was breathing hard from that one attack, leaving Kent impressed.

“Super Fang must have been really strong!” Artemis said, behind them.

“Where did you come from,” J.D. asked, looking back.

“I had a bit of trouble getting up here. Anyway, why did Staraptor become so weak already?”

“Super Fang basically cuts their energy in half. He's growing weak and it'll keep like that when he hits again.”

“All right,” Roy ordered. “Discharge!”

Pachirisu fires a Discharge attack, only to get the same results as before. Kent just sighs as he prepares to go at it once more.

“Staraptor, use Brave Bird once more!” Kent ordered.

Staraptor flies forward with a Brave Bird attack, striking Pachirisu and knocking it out easily. Kent just smiles as Roy recalls his fallen Pachirisu.

“Lucky brat,” he said.

Rain still wonders where he heard his voice from. He has no clue who he really is, but his voice was very familiar.

“What's up,” J.D. asked.

“I heard that man's voice somewhere before!” Rain said. “Who is he?”

“You know him?”

“Possibly.”

Roy takes out his next Poké Ball and sends it out, revealing a green, feminine, brontosaur-like Pokémon that was about his size, if not, slightly bigger. It has a large pink and white flower around its neck and two antennae sticking out from its head going back.

“Mega!” she said.

“Nice,” Roy said. “A Meganium!”

“You really think that thing will stop Staraptor?” Kent asked. “Staraptor still has more coming, you know!”

“Oh, I'm not worried,” Roy said. “Meganium are quite powerful.”

“I hope he's aware that Grass Pokémon are weak to Flying moves,” J.D. said.

“I just hope that he manages to at least take him down,” Artemis said.

Rain is gripping the rails tight at the thought of who he might be. He constantly tries to search his mind and wonders who he actually is. Shinsei Muto, however, knew exactly who he was. He isn't saying anything however, much to Roy's surprise.

“Meganium, use Petal Dance!”

Meganium fires numerous petals that strike Staraptor for great damage. Staraptor flaps his wings to break free of the assault. Meganium is a little dizzy, but she shakes her head and gets back into position.

“Staraptor, use Wing Attack!”

Staraptor flies towards Meganium with its wings glowing brightly. It strikes her hard and knocks her on her side. She slowly gets up and prepares to fight back.

“SolarBeam!” Roy ordered.

Is he nuts?” Kent thought. “Brave Bird!”

Staraptor uses his aura to fly towards Meganium, who powers up her SolarBeam attack. Just as Staraptor gets close, Meganium fires the beam, striking Staraptor hard and sending it flying. It was surprisingly unable to battle, leaving Kent to call it back.

“I must say,” Kent said. “That's quite a Meganium.”

“I just trust my instincts!”

“However, Mr. Yoru, I have my hunches. And they say that you'll lose immediately!”

He sends out his final Pokémon, which was a mighty Floatzel. Roy just laughs, leaving Rain to realize who that laugh belongs to.

“No...it can't be,” Rain said.

“You expect a Water Pokémon to defeat a Grass type?” Roy asked. “Please!”

“Well, aren't you the cocky one?” Kent asked. “Floatzel, use Aqua Jet!”

Floatzel charges forward with an Aqua Jet attack towards Meganium, who was ready to take him down.

“Razor Leaf!” Roy ordered.

Meganium fires numerous leaves that strike Floatzel, but his power knocks them all away as he strikes Meganium hard.

“No, Meganium!” he said.

“Ice Fang!” Kent ordered.

Floatzel bites down on Meganium with an Ice Fang attack, dealing massive Ice damage to her, and extends that ice to her whole body. She is now a near six foot tall chunk of ice, leaving Roy in a bit of a bind.

“Razor Wind!” Kent ordered.

Floatzel uses his twin tails as they spin around, glowing. He flips forward and unleashes the projectile blades, breaking the ice and striking Meganium hard. She's immediately unable to battle, leaving Kent to move on to the next battle.

“Kent will move on to the final rounds!” Shinsei said. “Congratulations.”

Kent nods to him as he recalls his Floatzel. The slots come back up as they both place their Poké Balls on the slots, including Roy's Meganium, which he calls back as well. Roy simply leaves, however...

“Hold it, young man!” Shinsei said to him.

Roy stops as he nervously looks behind him.

“Why did you come after me...Roy?”

Rain growls in annoyance, knowing who he is before he called out to him, but why he's here was a mystery to him. Roy just shakes his head back, removing the hood to reveal himself.

“You knew who I was this entire time, huh?” he said.

“What's he doing here?” Rain asked.

“You know him?” J.D. asked.

“He's a bad person,” Rain said. “He tortured my friend for a while now!”

“I wanted to see if you were any better here than when you were during the Grand Festival,” Shinsei said. “And you still disappoint as usual. Tell me your business, now!”

“I'm not telling you, old man,” Roy replied.

He removes his cape to reveal his regular outfit that he used to wear before.

“I'm here...to stop you.”

He walks out, while Shinsei presses a button on his watch within his outfit.

“Find him and remove him from the Frontier,” he whispered.

Roy is gone, leaving him to wonder why his uncle isn't going after him. He just smiles as he heads off into the hallway.

“I have no desire to bother with that failure,” he said. “Padgett, J.D.! You're the remaining few! Come down and battle!”

“Well, good luck,” Rain said.

“Yeah, good luck,” Artemis added.

J.D. goes down, as well as Padgett. Rain soon hears someone trying to get his attention from the background. He looks back to see Manny trying to get him to come. He looks at Mr. Muto and back at him and tries to sneak away. Shinsei didn't know he just left, but Rain is wondering what he's doing.

“Manny, what's going on?” Rain asked.

Manny shushes him as he keeps getting him to follow him. He has no clue what's going on, or why he's following Manny, but it's apparently something secret. Once they arrive, he sees two individuals that surprise him, Isabel and Roy, the latter of which had just entered the room.

“Sorry I'm late,” Roy said. “Shinsei didn't bother to go after me.”

“That's odd,” Isabel said.

“Wait, what's going on here?” Rain asked.

“We're starting a task force against Shinsei Muto, that's what!” Roy said.

“A what?”

“We're stopping Mr. Muto's plans for good! After all, Shaymin's Gracidea flower has a power to it that he's after!”

“What power?”

Roy didn't want to explain it to him after having explained it to Manny and Isabel, but Rain was still skeptical about what they were doing.

“I'll tell you if you side with us,” Roy said.

“Yeah, well I'm not going with---”

“Uhh, Rain?” Manny said. “These guys are rebelling against Mr. Muto. He has no desire to work with either of them, so he seems to be fair.”

“Yeah, but...”

“I'll make sure nothing goes wrong.”

Rain didn't want to side with the man that harmed Jessica and made her feel bad, but if Manny was truly was siding with Roy, then he wonders what could go wrong.

“If I have to,” Rain said.

He wanted to stop Mr. Muto more than anyone else, but he's afraid of what they're going to do if they turn their backs on them.

“All right, here's what's going down. The Gracidea is a powerful flower that not only changes the look of an individual Pokémon, but increases its power. Hence why Shaymin can use it. Her transition from Land Forme to Sky Forme is what made Uncle Shinsei interested in this project.”

“What will it do to something other than Shaymin?” Rain asked.

“That's the thing! There's an age old legend of a mysterious wizard using the power of Shaymin's Gracidea, that specific flower, to change the form of one of his Pokémon. Now, this wizard did use that power...however it made his Pokémon into a dark being that could not be destroyed. His Charizard became a giant monster, shrouded in a shadowy darkness.”

Rain is surprised at what Mr. Muto is trying to achieve. Would he really go that far just to get revenge on him?

“Only Shaymin's Seed Flare was able to stop that beast. It's a mere curse that the Gracidea's cause. Only a select few know about it's true power, and Uncle Muto is one of them.”

Rain had no idea about this cursed Type that this Pokémon would gain. He now has more of a reason to stop him.

“The only way we can stop him is to keep Shaymin in a safe location before it's too late. So, are you with me?”

Rain really didn't want to work with him, but if they're willing to keep Shaymin in his hands, then he doesn't see why not.

“All right, I'll help,” Rain said reluctantly.

“Good,” Roy said. “You may go now.”

Rain thanks them as he heads back up to the main area to watch J.D. and Padgett battle each other. He hopes to see J.D. move on to the next round and make it though to the final four. He was still aiming to win, however he didn't want to fight J.D. this early. The last battle in the main tournament would soon begin.

----------------------------------------

In the main lobby, the two remaining battlers are prepared to fight. Mr. Muto has his eyes closed as he prepares to finish this round off.

“All right,” he said. “This match will be conducted under Battle Castle Rules! I hope you two have made your decision about what to do?”

They both nod in response as they give him their decision.

“I wish to raise my Pokémon's power.” J.D. said.

“As will I!” Padgett said.

“Very well,” Shinsei said. “Both Pokémon will be raised in power, place your Poké Balls on the slots and we'll begin!”

The slots immediately come up as they place the slots to give their Pokémon heightened Power. They both remove their Pokémon as they begin their battle.

“All right,” Mr. Muto said. “LET THE LAST MATCH BEGIN!!!!”

To Be Continued!

J.D's story arc was pretty saddening :(
This whole banding together thing against Mr. Muto is turning uot to be interesting. I can't wait to see what they'll do.
Well I'm pretty sure JD'll win. I cant wait to see the final four face off.

Episode #19: The End of The Main Tournament!

The final battle between J.D. and Padgett begins to get underway. Rain finally returns from the back area just in time to see the battle begin. Both trainers have chosen to increase the power of their Pokémon, making for an exciting match. J.D. knows that he trains mostly fighting Pokémon, and a Hippowdon, so he had the upper hand for the most part.

“All right,” Mr. Muto said. “LET THE LAST MATCH BEGIN!!!!”

“Front and center, Heracross!” Padgett said.

Padgett's Heracross comes out and prepares for battle, while J.D. simply smiles.

“Go for it, Mismagius!”

J.D. sends his Mismagius out for battle. Rain remembers seeing it a number of times when he was in the Frontier facilities and is hoping to see it again.

“We can take it,” Padgett said. “Heracross, use Night Slash!”

“Mismagius!” J.D. said. “Dodge and use Psybeam!”

Heracross charges forward with a Night Slash attack, but Mismagius disappears and appears behind him, launching a Psybeam that deals a lot of damage to Heracross. He falls to the ground, but gets up in response.

“Heracross, Megahorn!” Padgett ordered.

Heracross's horn begins to glow as he charges forward and strikes Mismagius. She smiles as the attack does little to her.

“Ominous Wind!” J.D. ordered.

Mismagius sends Heracross back as he's sent flying by the powerful and mysterious winds. Heracross falls on his back, weakened by the attacks, while Mismagius was as fine as ever.

“He's pretty good,” Padgett thought. “However, he'll have trouble once my trump card comes out!”

“Shadow Ball!” J.D. ordered.

Mismagius fires a Shadow Ball that strikes Heracross hard.

“Keep it going!”

Mismagius continues to fire the Shadow Balls at Heracross, who covers himself in response to the Ghost Attacks.

“Use Aerial Ace!” Padgett said.

Heracross flies towards Mismagius as she prepares to avoid the attack, but Heracross vanishes and appears behind her, striking her hard. She spins around as she floats normally once more. Heracross smiles as he manages to surprise Mismagius with that attack.

“Psybeam!” J.D. ordered.

“Heracross, use Megahorn and cut through!” Padgett ordered.

Mismagius fires a Psybeam that Heracross cuts through with a powerful Megahorn attack, striking Mismagius with it and knocking her to the ground. She slowly floats up, but Padgett isn't going to give her the opportunity.

“Night Slash!” Padgett ordered.

Heracross charges forward and strikes with a Night Slash attack, hurting Mismagius greatly. She falls onto the ground and struggles to lift herself up.

“Megahorn!”

Heracross charges forward with a Megahorn attack, while Mismagius cringes in pain a little. J.D. needed one move to take him down.

“Use Psybeam!”

Mismagius fires a Psybeam that strikes Heracross hard and sends him flying against a wall. He falls to the ground, unable to battle. Padgett was annoyed by his skill and recalls his fallen Heracross.

“Well done,” he said. “However, I will not lose this battle!”

“We'll see!” J.D. said. “Just hope that you have enough power to take out my Mismagius!”

“Oh, I will! Go, Skuntank!”

Padgett sends his Skuntank out. Rain cringes at the sight of him, since he knows what he's capable of.

“Ready when you are, kid!” Padgett said.

“Fine then,” J.D. said. “Pain Split!”

Mismagius and Skuntank begin to glow a bright color as they both feel a ton of pain. Padgett had no clue what was going on, but J.D. did.

“Confused?” J.D. asked.

The attack finishes, leaving Mismagius better, and Skuntank worse.

“This attack splits our Pokémon's health and energy and evens them out! You can call it a handicap!”

“Dirty little,” Padgett muttered. “Skuntank, use Night Slash!”

Skuntank uses a Night Slash attack that strikes Mismagius hard. She falls to the ground and struggles to get up. J.D. was amazed at his power.

“Now, use Flamethrower!”

Skuntank fires a Flamethrower attack that strikes Mismagius hard, knocking her out immediately. J.D. recalls her as he prepares to send out his main Pokémon for battle.

“I hope you're ready!” J.D. said. “Go, Kariko!”

He sends his Delcatty out to battle as she meows in response. Padgett smiles, knowing how easy of an opponent he would be facing.

“I can tell by your look that you think my Delcatty is weak,” J.D. said.

“So what if I am?” Padgett asked. ”Delcatty are naturally weak!”

“Just watch closely and you'll see what I mean! Kariko, use Double-Edge!”

Delcatty begins to glow brightly as she charges towards Skuntank, who was ready to fight back.

“Skuntank, use Flamethrower!”

Skuntank fires a Flamethrower attack, but Kariko cuts through it like a knife through butter and strikes him hard. He falls to the ground and slowly gets up.

“Who's weak now?!” J.D. said.

“You haven't seen anything yet!” Padgett replied. “Skuntank, use SmokeScreen!”

Skuntank releases a foggy, black smoke that makes Delcatty cough. She looks around for Skuntank, but he was nowhere to be found.

“Delcatty, try to hear where his is!”

Delcatty meows in response and listens with her big ears. She knew that he was nearby, but had no clue where. She finally seeks him out and looks at his position!

“Gotcha,” he said softly. “Use Iron Tail!”

Delcatty charges forward and strikes Skuntank with an Iron Tail attack that deals a lot of damage to it. Padgett was beginning to get annoyed with him.

“I guess the tables have turned,” J.D. said. “After all, Skuntank are 'naturally weak' after all.”

“You dare mock me!” Padgett asked. “I'll make you regret those words! Skuntank, use Slash!”

Skuntank charges in and slashes at Delcatty. She falls to the ground and looks up at Skuntank in pain. She soon winks at him, leaving Padgett to ignore that wink.

Skuntank, give her a mighty...HUH?!?!?”

Padgett was strangely confused about what Skuntank was doing. He was right next to Delcatty and rubbing up against her out of love. J.D. was confused as well, until realizing what caused it.

“What the heck?” Artemis asked.

“That's something new,” Rain said.

“Oh, this is excellent!” J.D. said, laughing. “Good work, Kariko!”

Delcatty replies with a nervous meow. Though she caused it, she's not pleased with his actions.

“What is the meaning of this?!” Padgett asked.

“It's Delcatty's Cute Charm ability,” J.D. replied. “If her opponent makes contact with her, there's a slight chance that she'll make them fall in love with her. Who knows, maybe they're compatible, breeding wise!”

“I will not be mocked by some bratty teenager!” Padgett said. “Skuntank, use Flamethrower!”

Skuntank was too nervous to attack. He was madly in love with her that the slightest attack will make her mad.

“This is just wrong!” Padgett said.

“Maybe, but I LOVE IT!” J.D. replied. “Delcatty, use Giga Impact!”

Delcatty begins to increase in strength as the ground begins to crack beneath her. They all knew it was a strong attack, but the cracks might mean something else. He soon gets a powerful force surrounding her that makes the whole arena quake. She then charges towards Skuntank, cracking the ground as she moves. She strikes him as she sends him into a wall, smashing it and leaving a huge crack on the side.

“What the?!” Padgett asked.

The smoke soon fades as Delcatty jumps back, falling to the ground after that monstrous attack. Skuntank, however, was unable to battle.

“J.D. will move on to the final round!” Shinsei said. “And he better have some money ready for that wall.”

“S-Sorry about that,” he said with his head lowered. “I kind of got carried away.”

“Nya,” Delcatty replied.

“I'll take the payment out of him, sir,” Palmer said. “It's my tower, after all.”

“If you must,” Shinsei replied. “J.D., you will stay here. The trainers who have progressed to the next round, please come down as well! I wish to discuss the next battle phase with you.

Rain, Artemis and Kent all come down, while everyone else leaves the area. Padgett recalls his fallen Skuntank and leaves, annoyed that he lost to a teen like J.D. Once everyone is cleared, the four remaining trainers come to the stage and face Shinsei Muto, who are ready to discuss the next phase of the battle.

“Congratulations to all of you!” he said. “You have all portrayed skillful talent, and deserve to be in this phase of the tournament. I noticed that some of you enjoy having friendly company as well, and that is another thing all together. Or is it?”

Oh, great,” Rain thought. “What is he up to now?

“From this point on, all four of you will not assist each other, nor be friendly with each other. Every one of you is an enemy from here on out! That said, the next phase of the tournament will be...a four way free-for-all battle!”

They were extremely surprised by his decision, even Kent was shocked. A free-for-all would mean that everyone, all four of them, would face each other in a non tag battle.

“This was decided by myself and the Frontier Brains. This will be a one on one battle with all four of you at once! However, this is not the main tournament round! This is to decide who will face each other in the final four! The first two to be knocked out will face each other, as will the ones remaining! So let's say for example that Kent and Rain were knocked out. They would both fight against each other either first or last. They will choose at the end. While J.D. and Gabriela would fight as well.”

Artemis is nervous about fighting J.D., since she and Rain are very close to him.

“I expect all of you at the main tower by tomorrow morning. I will repeat the rules once more so you all understand. The Frontier Brains will depart and return tonight for our meeting. The rest of you are dismissed. I will see you tonight!”

He then leaves while the Frontier Brains soon follow, with a wave by Palmer to the four of them. They all wonder how this battle will work out in the end. They've never been in a four way battle before.

“This tournament is becoming interesting,” Kent said. “I see all three of you are quite good. I hope to face any one of you, especially you, Rain.”

Rain gulps at his response, even though the two would eventually face off in this tournament.

“Farewell," Kent said, "and good night.”

He then departs while the rest do the same. Tomorrow will mark the final day of the tournament. The four way battle, plus the remaining three battles between whoever won the qualifying match. Rain and Artemis were nervous but J.D. is excited. They take the elevator to the rooms below, but what they expect tomorrow would be different.

------------------------------------------

Late that night, Rain and Artemis explained to Manny about the four way battle and even he's surprised. He didn't expect him to pull that stunt at all. They continue to talk for the rest of the night while they receive a knock on the door. Rain opens up to see Kent with a surprising guest in his arms. It was none other than Shaymin, the Pokémon Rain promised to save for Roy's sake.

“Shaymin!” Rain said.

She jumps into Rain's arms and rubs him happily.

“I was so worried,” she said. “I thought that they were going to take me away!”

“Thank you so much, Kent!” Rain said. “Though, how did you...”

“It's a long story, but I'll give a short version, a really short version. Roy gave her to me.”

“Roy did?”

“He asked me to give her to you. I expect you to take care of her and protect her. Also...”

He takes out a Gracidea Flower and gives it to Rain. He assumes that he got it from Roy as well.

“I'd use that if I were you. I expect to have a good match tomorrow morning. Same goes for that girl over there.”

“Good luck to you as well,” Artemis asked.

“Why are you helping us now,” Rain asked. “When we first met, you seemed like a jerk, not to offend or anything.”

“I don't care much for Shinsei. That man is nothing but a hamper in my abilities. I'd watch out if I were you. Farewell.”

He heads off while Rain shuts the door and goes on his bed. He attempts to place the Gracidea Flower on Shaymin, but nothing seems to be happening.

“So...what?” Manny asked. “Is it a fake?”

“No,” Shaymin said. “I'm just afraid of the dark.”

“YOU?” Rain asked in shock. “Afraid of THE DARK?!?!?!”

“I do better in daytime than nighttime. It's a fear of mine!”

“So we have a Nyctophobic in the Pokémon world,” Manny said. “Just great. I hope this doesn't stop our plans.”

“We'll be battling in the day, so it'll work out!” Rain said. “Right, Shaymin?”

Shaymin nods happily with a confirming grunt. The gang continues to hang out until tomorrow, when the final day of the Battle Frontier would come, and all of them would be ready to face each other. No one was a friend at this point.

To Be Continued!

Episode #20: The Four Way Battle!

The four remaining trainers, Rain, J.D., Artemis and Kent all ride the elevator to the battlefield on the roof. They were all surprised earlier when they heard the news that all four of them would be fighting each other. This is the last day and at 7 in the morning, they wanted to go on schedule. Rain has one chance to stop Mr. Muto, once and for all.

“It's time,” Rain thought.

The elevator stops in its tracks and the door opens slowly. All four of them come out to see Mr. Muto waiting for them. They all go over and stand in front of him as he explains the rules.

“I'm glad that you all managed to get here on time,” Shinsei said. “This will be the qualifying round of the Battle Frontier Tournament. Each of you will face off in a free-for-all battle, with only two Pokémon being knocked out in order to progress.”

They still have no clue how they were going to go about this. All of this is new to them.

“The first two to knock out the opponent's Pokémon will choose whether or not to fight first or last. It must be a unanimous decision. If they end up picking one choice, the other two will go through to the opposite. It's the winner's decision, so they're the ultimate deciders. Are we all clear on that?”

They all nod as Mr. Muto smiles.

“Good,” he said. “Each of you will take a side. I've color coded them accordingly. Each of you were given a note card with a responding color. Please go to that area.”

The areas were pink, green, blue and yellow, with Red above the blue and pink. They represent the areas of the Battle Frontier, bearing resemblance to the logo itself, and the Red area was Mr. Muto's spot to watch the match. Rain takes his paper out and looks at the pink circle. He goes to that, while the rest head to the other areas. Artemis goes to Blue, J.D. goes to Green and Kent goes to Yellow.

“All right, send out your chosen Pokémon!” Shinsei said.

“Go, Torterra!” Rain said.

“Glaceon, let's go!” Artemis said.

“Come on out, Kariko!” J.D. said.

“Let's do this, Lucario!” Kent said.

They all send their main Pokémon out to battle each other in a mighty free-for-all battle. They all hved a desire to face one another, but there some of them wanted a specific partners to battle. Kent is hoping to fight against Rain, but so is J.D. Artemis wants J.D., but Rain wants her. It all comes down to who can fight quicker.

“All right,” Shinsei said. “I expect the best from all of you! Begin the match!"

“Torterra, use Leaf Storm on Delcatty!” Rain ordered.

“Kariko, use Iron Tail on Glaceon!” J.D. ordered.

“Glaceon, fight back against that Delcatty with Ice Beam!” Artemis ordered.

The three go after each other as they fire their respective attacks at their targets Delcatty charges forward with her tail glowing brightly. Glaceon prepares for an Ice Beam attack, but the attack misses due to Leaf Storm shooting Delcatty across.

“Torterra, use Leech Seed on Delcatty!” Rain ordered.

Torterra fires a seed that splits open and engulfs Delcatty's body as her energy is absorbed and returned to Torterra.

“Glaceon, Ice Shard against Torterra!” Artemis ordered.

“Withdraw!” Rain ordered.

Torterra sneaks into his giant shell and takes the Ice Shard attack at full force. Even through the Withdraw attack, he was still taking damage.

“Leaf Storm!” Rain ordered.

Torterra fires his Leaf Storm at Glaceon who was knocked back in response. J.D. looks at Kent and Lucario and noticed that he has yet to make a move. Lucario also has his eyes closed as well. He smiles as he prepares to go full force against him.

“Kariko, use Giga Impact on Lucario!” J.D. ordered.

“Stop her with Ice Shard!” Artemis ordered.

Delcatty charges up the Giga Impact attack as Glaceon fires her Ice Shard. The force surrounding Delcatty shatters the Ice Shard completely, much to Artemis and Rain's surprise. She charges towards Lucario, who still had his eyes closed, so this made it easier on them...until...

“Force Palm,” Kent ordered.

Lucario simply takes his palm and stops Delcatty in her tracks, only to be pushed back a few feet to the side.

“No way!” J.D. said in shock.

Lucario uses his power to send Delcatty flying back, sliding on the ground and slamming down hard. She slowly gets up, leaving J.D. amazed at how much power he has.

“You want me to fight, then so be it!” Kent said. “Dragon Pulse!”

Lucario creates a powerful wave that when pushed forward, shoots a strong wave that strikes Delcatty hard and knocks her to the ground. She struggles to get up, while J.D. tries to think of a plan, quickly.

“Ice Beam on Lucario!” Artemis ordered.

“Bone Rush!” Kent ordered.

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam at Lucario, while he creates an aura-covered bone that he uses to block the attack by spinning it like a staff. He charges forward and prepares to strike Glaceon, but Rain's ready to fight back.

“Torterra, use Leaf Storm on Lucario!” Rain ordered.

Torterrs fires a Leaf Storm that strikes Lucario and knocks him aside. Artemis was grateful that he spared her life, but she isn't going to forgive him that easily.

“What a nice thing to do,” she said, almost sarcastically. “Here, let me repay you! Glaceon, use Ice Fang!”

Glaceon charges forward and strikes Torterra with an Ice Fang that freezes most of Torterra's shell. He manages to shake her off and knock her aside. Meanwhile J.D. has to pick an easier target to strike against his opponent with.

“Kariko, use Sing!” J.D. ordered. “Give it to Lucario!”

Delcatty begins to sing a soft and melodic tune, Kent notices Lucario actually listening to the music and slowly falling alseep. He is now sitting on the ground, possibly dreaming about something.

“Lucario, get up!” Kent said. Lucario isn't responding. “How could he let himself get to that!”

“Tough luck, Mr. Big Shot!” J.D. said. “Wake-Up Slap!”

Delcatty charges forward towards Lucario and slaps him numerous times. The Fighting attack deals a huge amount of damage and knocks him to the ground. He wakes up and shakes his head in pain.

“Lucario, stand up!” Kent said.

Lucario gets up and prepares to battle.

“Aura Sphere on Delcatty!” Kent said.

“Iron Tail!” J.D. ordered.

Delcatty charges forward as Lucario fires the attack. She jumps up and out of the way and strikes Lucario hard. He steps back, but he isn't in as much pain as before.

While they're going at it,” Rain said to himself. “Torterra, SolarBeam on Delcatty!”

“Ice Fang on Delcatty as well!” Artemis ordered.

J.D. looks in shock at the thought of a SolarBeam AND an Ice Fang hitting his Delcatty.

“Looks like you're mine!” Kent said. “Dragon Pulse!”

Lucario fires a Dragon Pulse against Delcatty, knocking her away and slamming against Glaceon. Torterra fires the attack as it strikes Glaceon and Delcatty, sending them away. The blast was heading over to Lucario as well and strikes him. It sends all three Pokémon into one of the bordered walls on top of the tower, creating a huge explosion. The smoke fades as Delcatty is unable to battle, leaving Glaceon and Lucario left. They're both surprised that they managed to survive that attack, but J.D. is saddened that he got out so quickly.

“Glaceon, Ice Beam on Lucario!”

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam on Lucario, which manages to freeze his entire body completely. He's unable to move, but Kent knows he can get out of it.

“Lucario, use Force Palm!” Kent ordered.

Lucario uses Force Palm within the ice and breaks himself free. He gets into position and prepares to strike back.

“Aura Sphere!” Kent ordered.

“Glaceon, use Last Resort!”

Glaceon powers up for her attack, while Lucario fires an Aura Sphere. Glaceon charges forward and busts through the attack, striking Lucario hard and sending him to the ground.

“No, Lucario!” Kent said.

“That's how we do it!” Glaceon said.

Lucario still isn't going to quit, however. Rain wants to end this now, since this was his only chance to beat him.

“Torterra, Leaf Storm!” Rain ordered.

Torterra fires a Leaf Storm at Lucario, striking him hard and knocking him to the ground once more. He is now officially unable to battle, leaving Artemis and Rain to be the winners.

“That's enough!” Shinsei said. “This battle is over! Artemis and Rain will be facing each other, while Kent and J.D. will battle each other as well. I need to see Rain and Artemis over here!”

They both go over to Mr. Muto, who is surprised to see Rain last this long, despite being close with Jessica, who he still considers to be weak and fragile. Once they get over to him, he closes his eyes and breathes softly.

“Do you wish to battle first or last?” Shinsei asked.

Rain and Artemis look at each other and knew that they want to battle as early as possible.

“I think it's safe to say that we'll go first,” Rain said. “Same with you, Artemis?”

She nods in response. Mr. Muto looks out to J.D. and Kent, wondering if they'd be able to redeem themselves in the next battle.

“Very well!” Shinsei said. “Rain and Artemis will battle first. Followed by Kent and J.D. The winners of both of these matches will face off in the final round! Gather your belongings from your rooms and meet me up here. We'll be going elsewhere to fight in the final rounds!”

They all wonder where they'll be heading off to. This is the Battle Frontier, but why were they leaving? They all decide to head back anyway and pack their things once more. Mr. Muto smiles, as he prepares to find a good trainer for his plan. Even if it had to be Rain.

----------------------------------

As Rain is packing his things in his room, he looks at Shaymin sleeping on the bed as he wonders what would happen if his plan succeeds. She's still a target to Mr. Muto, but if she's captured, then what would happen.

“Man, I'm so nervous,” Rain said.

He doesn't want to worry about that too much. The bigger question would be how he'll hide Shaymin from harm. It's early in the morning, about 8 AM, but he's growing less on time the more he thought about it. Once he's packed he goes over to Shaymin and wakes her up.

“Hey,” he said. “We're going.”

“Where are we going to?” she asked.

“We're going to the roof. There's supposed to be a helicopter that will take us to the new location for the final tournament.”

“What about that man?”

“I'll think of something. For now, just go in my backpack.”

Shaymin nods as she goes into Rain's arms. He soon hears a knock on the door as he goes over to it. He was nervous about who it was until he looks in the peephole and sees a special friend on the other side. He smiles happily and opens the door with a swing.

“Jessica!” he said happily.

It is, indeed, Jessica. Her Empoleon is out as well. The two haven't seen each other since he was searching for the plates. Her looks tell her that she was more brave at this point.

“Rain, it's been so long!” she said.

She hugs him, until she notices Shaymin within his arms. She's surprised that he has a Legendary Pokémon with him.

“What's she doing here?” Jessica asked, petting her.

“That's the thing...she's not supposed to be here. Do you have any clue who's running this tournament?”

She shakes her head. Rain mentions Mr. Muto and it simply made her shiver in fear.

“He just won't stop, will he?” Jessica asked.

“What's worse,” Rain began, “he's using the Gracidea Flower to power up his Pokémon and transform them into dark beasts!”

“To think...his loss meant that I was free from him.”

“Jessica, please don't act like this.”

She knew that he'd rather see her brave than freak out at the sight of him, just like before. She simply gulps and looks at him confidently.

“Whatever happens,” she said. “I want to help!”

Rain smiles, and so does she. Rain places Shaymin in an empty spot in his backpack as the three of them head off to the main area. Manny is waiting for them at the top, and so were the rest of the remaining few. This would be a tough tournament, but he's ready for this.

------------------------------------

After a few minutes of waiting, everyone is present and accounted for. Rain, Jessica, Manny, J.D., Kent and Artemis, all of them were here. Mr. Muto sees Jessica and wonders why she would bother to come here. She's freaking out at the sight of him, and he knew that no taunts of his would work at this point.

You're hopeless. What good are you if you can't battle like the pros?! You're just pathetic!

And to think,” Shinsei thought. “That line would cause my downfall.

He sighs as he prepares to get the remaining battles underway.

“As I've told you before, we will not battle here. I have a special location on Route 224 that we can use.”

They soon feel a pair of helicopters emerge from the back as the winds blow straight towards the group, while Mr. Muto smiles. The helicopters comes into full view, and they were big enough to carry all of them to the area.

“If you're all ready,” Mr. Muto said, "then let's head to the Grand Coliseum!”

To Be Continued!

WOOOT!
I's digging the tournament now, and Jessica's been reunited with the crew. I can't wait for Tuesdays update. :)

Haha. That free for all battle was intense. I haven't gotten that into reading a battle in a while.
I was surprised you made Artemis be the one to come out on top with Rain..but then I realised you probably want Rain to beat her now so he vs. J.D. in the finals :p
Jess! Lol, I actually forgot you said she was coming back.
So the Grand Colosseum eh? I can't wait for the next chapter!

This dark red text does not go well with the black background. Thank God I have the Harley skin on log-in.

Episode #21: Rain vs. Artemis!

After a few minutes of waiting, everyone was present and accounted for. Rain, Jessica, Manny, J.D., Kent and Artemis, all of them were here. Mr. Muto sees Jessica and wonders why she would bother to come here. She was freaking out at the sight of him, and he knew that no taunts of his would work at this point.

You're hopeless. What good are you if you can't battle like the pros?! You're just pathetic!

And to think,” Shinsei thought. “That line would cause my downfall.

He sighs as he prepares to get the remaining battles underway.

“As I've told you before, we will not battle here. I have a special location on Route 224 that we can use.”

They soon feel a pair of helicopters emerge from the back as the winds blow straight towards the group, while Mr. Muto smiles. The helicopters comes into full view, and they were big enough to carry all of them to the area.

“If you're all ready,” Mr. Muto said. Then let's head to the Grand Coliseum!”

The helicopters land on the roof of the tower as the doors open each of them could carry at least seven people, including the pilot. Rain, Artemis, Jessica, Manny, J.D. and Kent all go in one helicopter, while Mr. Muto goes inside the other, preferring to go alone. Once everyone is inside, they all take off as they head towards Route 224, and the site of the final tournament between the four remaining competitors.

About a half hour passed before they finally arrive at the area. It's close to Victory Road in the island where the Sinnoh League took place. Once they land in front of the white Roman-like coliseum itself, the doors open as everyone comes out in awe at the sight of the massive building.

“This is awesome!” Rain said.

“Man, what a building this is!” J.D. said.

“I made this area years ago, when we were planning the Battle Frontier,” Shinsei said. “This was in development four years ago.”

Rain had no idea that they thought about it well before Rain went on his journey. He thought that no one knew of this project until now. Rain feels his backpack shaking as he taps it and lets out a soft shush.

“Let's go inside!” Shinsei said.

He goes towards the entrance, leaving everyone to follow him. They go inside and see empty stands that were nearly crippled. It was modeled as such to be a thought to the lifeless eternity of the idea for battling. These bricks looked as if they weren't going to break for another thousand years.

“All right, the first two battlers, go up!” Shinsei said.

Rain gives his backpack to Manny as he heads off with Shaymin inside. He has to get her away from this place as quick as possible. Jessica has no clue where he's going, but she thought it has something to do with Mr. Muto. Rain and Artemis step up first and prepare to battle. They're both a bit nervous about battling each other, but they promise to have a good battle nonetheless.

“This will be a three on three match!” Shinsei said. “The winner will move on to the finals! Only one rule will be in place from here on out! And that is: neither trainer can switch! Are we clear?”

Rain wonders how he'll do if he's unable to switch. J.D. looks at Kent with a determined look, waiting for the battle where he'll kick his butt.

“Now, begin!” Shinsei said.

“Go, Absol!” Artemis said.

She sends out her Absol, who roars and prepares to battle Rain's Pokémon. Rain thought it was odd for a young girl like her to be using a Pokémon with such a bad omen to it. Rain takes out his Pokeball and prepares to battle.

Rain sends his Weavile out as he gets into a battling stance. Rain could tell that he’s ready for this, and so is he.

“Weavile, use Metal Claw!” Rain ordered.

Weavile’s claws begin to glow as he charges toward Absol, who prepares to strike.

“Double Team!” Artemis ordered.

Absol splits into numerous copies as it spreads out around. Weavile, with his claws still glowing from the Metal Claw attack, looks around as he tries to figure out who’s the real one. He soon notices a key within them and goes after the real one and strikes him in the face, much to Artemis’ surprise.

“Nice one, Weavile!” Rain said.

“I guess your Weavile’s smarter than I thought. Absol, use Razor Wind!”

Absol’s blade on his head begins to glow as he swings it down, shooting a slash attack that strikes Weavile hard. He begins to lose his balance, but stands firm as he prepares to go again.

“Ice Beam!” Rain ordered.

“Psycho Cut!” Artemis ordered.

Both Pokémon launch their attacks at each other. Absol’s Psycho Cut shoots through the Ice Beam and strikes Weavile, but it fails to do any damage to him.

“Now, use Sucker Punch!” Artemis ordered.

Absol charges forward and rams into him hard. Weavile falls to the ground as he slowly gets up. Rain realized that the Psycho Cut was to avoid the Ice Beam attack.

“Clever,” Rain said. “Weavle, use Beat Up!”

Weavile begins to power up his attacks from the assistance of his teammates and charges towards Absol. He smiles as he gets into position to strike.

“Absol, Superpower!”

Absol begins to absorb a huge amount of energy as he charges forward. The two collide in their attacks as they both attempt to push each other back. Weavile manages to push Absol away, however the power from the Superpower attack causes Weavile to shoot back as well. Both of them slowly get up as they prepare to give it one more shot.

Superpower must have been really strong to make Weavile weak already,” Rain thought. “I need to stop Absol before it’s too late!

“Absol, use Razor Wind!” Artemis ordered.

“Weavile, use Ice Shard!”

Both Pokémon fire their attacks as they both strike against each other. Both of them fall to the ground, unable to battle. Artemis is amazed at his strength and knew that there is a good reason that he's here in the first place. They both recall their fallen Pokémon and prepare to send out their next Pokémon for battle.

“Go, Luxray!” Rain said.

Rain sends his Luxray out for battle, since he has a feeling about who Artemis will send out next. She takes out her Pokeball and goes for it.

“Go, Chinchou!” Artemis said.

Chinchou comes out and bounces happily. Rain didn't see this coming at all, not to mention that he COMPLETELY forgot that she had one in the first place.

“Surprised?” Artemis asked.

“We can stop it!” Rain said. “Luxray, use Discharge!”

Luxray fires a Discharge attack that not only doesn't affect Chinchou at all, but makes her shake as if water was splashed onto it.

“It...didn't work?”

“It's a little trick that I like to call, Volt Absorb!”

Rain, having realized what Chinchou was capable of, wasn't unfamiliar with the ability. It allows most Electric Pokémon to heal themselves when hit with an Electric attack. Considering that Luxray is filled to the brim with Electric moves (sans Crunch and Iron Tail), the remaining two attacks were going to be tough to get on a fast critter like him. Not to mention he can't switch at all.

“Clever,” he said to himself. “Luxray, use Iron Tail!”

Luxray charges forward while Chinchou prepares to make his move.

“Chinchou, use Hydro Pump!” Artemis ordered.

Chinchou fires a Hydro Pump attack that strikes Luxray hard and sends him back. He falls to the ground and gets up again.

“I guess direct attacks aren't going to work,” Rain said to himself. “Use Charge!”

Luxray begins to charge up his power. Aside from electric attacks, this would increase the power of any physical attack in his arsenal. He's going to need it for this battle.

“Use Signal Beam!” Artemis ordered.

Chinchou fires a Signal Beam attack that strikes Luxray. He roars as he finishes charging up.

“Crunch!”

Luxray charges over and bites down on Chinchou, pushing the Dark energy inside of it. Chinchou eventually manages to break free, but she's struggling to stand up.

“Aqua Ring!” Artemis ordered.

Chinchou surrounds herself with a ring of energy to heal herself from the damage that she took. Rain didn't want to deal with a healing Pokémon at all at this point in the tournament. He noticed that despite being healed, the ring isn't going away, which would mean bad things if Chinchou was kept for much longer.

“Luxray, use Iron Tail!”

Luxray charges forward and strikes Chinchou with a powerful Iron Tail that sends Chinchou flying. She slowly gets up and prepares to fight.

“Chinchou, use Hydro Pump!” Artemis ordered.

Chinchou fires another Hydro Pump that strikes Luxray hard, but he sparks with electricity and breaks free from the attack. He roars at Chinchou as he prepares to go at it.

“Use Iron Tail!”

Luxray charges forward with an Iron Tail that strikes him with a powerful punch, knocking it out almost immediately.

“Chinchou!” she said.

“I expect to take out Glaceon as quick as she comes out,” Rain said, smiling.

“Oh, I'll give you Glaceon!”

Artemis calls Chinchou back and sends out her Glaceon to take the battlefield. She shakes her fur and gets into position as she prepares to do battle with Luxray.

At least I don't have to worry about Volt Absorb anymore,” Rain thought. “But she's her strongest Pokémon. How do I defeat her?

“I hope you're ready!” Artemis said. “Ice Beam!”

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam attack that strikes Luxray's front legs and locks them to the ground. He tries to escape, but he has no luck.

“Now, use Ice Fang!” Artemis ordered.

Glaceon charges forward and bites down on Luxray with Ice energy, breaking him free of the ice on his feet and forcing him to the ground, knocking him out. Rain is annoyed that he's knocked out in a single hit and wonders what to do now.

I can't risk Torterra at this point,” Rain thought. “I have to send Gallade out!

Rain takes out Gallade's Pokeball and sends him out. Artemis knew that there would be trouble, but Rain smiles, knowing that this would be easy. He has the type advantage after all.

“Don't think just because you have a fighting Pokémon, it means you'll beat my Glaceon!”

Her word spoke much truth, and Rain knew this. It's going to take much more than a Close Combat attack to defeat her. Rain simply gulps nervously as he goes for it.

“Glaceon, use Ice Shard!” Artemis ordered.

“Gallade, Teleport!” Rain ordered.

Glaceon fires numerous Ice Shards while Gallade teleports to avoid the attacks. He eventually goes behind her and prepares to strike.

He fires a Close Combat attack that sends Glaceon flying forward. She slowly gets up as Gallade smiles in response.

“Gallade, use Psycho Cut!” Rain ordered.

Gallade launches a Psycho Cut attack that strikes Glaceon hard and knocks her back a bit.

“Keep it going!” Rain ordered.

Gallade keeps firing his Psycho Cuts and strikes Glaceon hard constantly. She couldn't take the hits and all of them are increasing in damage.

“Glaceon, use Ice Beam!” Artemis said after desperation.

Glaceon fires an Ice Beam and strikes the Psycho Cut and freezes it, striking her instead. She's fading fast and is leaving Artemis with a hard decision.

Gallade charges forward as his elbow blade begins to glow green. He prepares to strike until...

“Ice Fang!” Artemis said.

Glaceon takes the attack and bites on his blade, freezing it. She flies off and smiles as she notices Gallade cringing at the freezing effect of the attack.

“How about that?” Artemis asked.

“Really nice,” Rain said, “and quite skillful. But not skillful enough! Gallade, use Close Combat!”

“Last Resort!” Artemis ordered.

Rain knew that this attack manages to knock out plenty of opponents, but he has to win this no matter what. Glaceon charges forward with the attack, but Gallade strikes her in the face sending her back. She soon slumps to the ground, unable to battle.

“The battle is over!” Shinsei said. “Rain will move on to the finals!”

“You fought well, Artemis,” Rain said. “Glaceon is quite good.”

“Thanks, Rain,” she replied.

She still feels kind of bad for losing to Rain, but she had fun. Not to mention it's impressive enough to get this far anyway. They both clear the field as they let the other two go up. Kent and J.D. step up, as J.D. pulls his gloves back in preparation.

“I hope you're ready, Kent!” J.D. said.

Kent just glares at him as they both get into position. J.D. is confident that he was going to win, but he remembers how he managed to defeat his Delcatty. He's still ready, though.

I need to get to Rain,” J.D. thought. “He's my target here!

Mr. Muto takes a deep breath and prepares to start the battle. One of his bodyguards, who monitored the Battle Frontier tournament at the Battle Tower, walks up to him and whispers in his ears. He simply turns back to him.

“Make sure she doesn't get away!” he whispered.

He nods and runs off, leaving Mr. Muto to turn back to them.

“Now then, Begin the battle!” Shinsei said.

To Be Continued!

Episode #22: Kent vs. J.D.!

After the battle between Rain and Artemis is over and J.D. and Kent begin their battle. Rain is left wondering what Mr. Muto was talking about with his bodyguard before. He just wonders how Manny is doing at this point and prays for his safety. J.D. and Kent prepare to battle as they take out their first Poké Balls for their battle.

“All right,” Shinsei said. “Begin!”

“Go, Banette!” Kent ordered.

Kent sends his Banette out to deal with whatever J.D. was prepared to send out. He simply smiles as he prepares to go for it.

“Mismagius, let's go!” J.D. said.

He sends his Mismagius out for battle as she simply smiles at the Ghost Pokémon below her. Kent decides to make his move first and prepares to go for it.

“Banette, use Shadow Ball!” Kent ordered.

“Mismagius, use Psybeam!” J.D. ordered.

Both Pokémon fire their attacks as they collide. Mismagius' attack has enough power to pass through the ghostly ball and strike Banette hard. He shakes the attack off and prepares to go at it again.

“Shadow Sneak!” Kent ordered.

Banette sinks into the ground and moves about as Mismagius tries to follow him. It constantly moves about at blinding speeds. It soon pops up behind her and strikes her hard. Mismagius shakes a little as she sees Banette go back into the ground.

“Banette, use Ominous Wind!” Kent ordered.

Banette fires an Ominous Wind attack that strikes Mismagius hard. She tries to hang on, but she isn't strong enough and simply flies back.

Mismagius fires a Shadow Ball that strikes Banette and forces him to stop the attack. He gets up as he prepares to go for it again.

“Curse!” Kent ordered.

Banette uses a curse ability to cause the haunting image in Mismagius's mind, making her cringe in pain. It made Banette weaker, but it would also make Mismagius gradually lose energy.

“You have to hang on, Mismagius!” J.D. said. “Use Shadow Ball once more!”

Mismagius fires another Shadow Ball that strikes Banette hard. He's wearing out from all the Ghost attacks and another few attacks like that could do him in.

“Banette, use Sucker Punch!” Kent ordered.

Banetten charges forward with his fist in dark energy and strikes Mismagius hard, and simply smiles at his response.

“Payback!” J.D. ordered.

Mismagius unleashes a powerful aura that sends Banette back as he slides on the ground and avoids further damage by sinking into the ground with his ghostly powers.

Mismagius fires another Shadow Ball that strikes Banatte hard before he can just sink in completely. Kent wonders if he actually made it, but when he comes up, he was dizzy from the attack. He soon falls down, unable to battle.

“Nice work Mismagius!” J.D. said.

Kent recalls his fallen Banette back and prepares to send out his next Pokémon. He smiles as he sends it out.

“Go, Lapras!” Kent said.

He sends out a blue Plesiosaur-like Pokémon with a purple, spiked shell with a flat horn and curled ears. Rain opens his Pokédex to check it out.

“LAPRAS: THE TRANSPORT POKÉMON. IT LOVES CROSSING THE SEA WITH PEOPLE AND POKÉMON ON ITS BACK. IT HAS THE ABILITY TO FULLY UNDERSTAND HUMAN SPEECH.”

“We'll show that thing who's boss!” J.D. said. “Mismagius, use Shadow Ball!”

“Lapras, Ice Beam!” Kent ordered.

Mismagius fires a Shadow Ball that shoots towards Lapras as she fires an Ice Beam, freezing it and turning it into an ice ball. Mismagius vanishes to avoid the attack and begins to move about.

“You have to do better than that to take out Mismagius!” J.D. said.

Mismagius reappears and giggles happily.

This kid is quite skillful,” Kent thought. “Lapras, use Sheer Cold!”

Rain remembers that attack from his first adventure. He still doesn't have the ability to avoid that attack, and it seems that neither does J.D. Lapras fires a Sheer Cold attack that completely freezes Mismagius and makes her fall to the ground, unable to battle.

“Wait, in one hit?!” J.D. asked. “But...but how?!”

“Sheer Cold knocks an opponent out in one single hit,” Kent explained. “And she still has more coming!”

J.D. recalls his fallen Mismagius and prepares to send out another Pokémon in her place.

“Go, Forretress!” J.D. said.

He sends out his Forretress to battle. Kent just smiles as he prepares to end this rather quickly.

“Lapras, let's show this kid how we truly battle,” Kent said. “Perish Song!”

Lapras begins to sing a mysterious and enigmatic song that affects both her and Forretress.

“I know what's coming,” Rain said to himself.

He's constantly tracking every strategy that he's doing and remembers everything he's encountered on his journey throughout Sinnoh.

“What's going on?” J.D. asked.

Numbers soon appear on the heads of both of their Pokémon. The number three was something that Rain had seen quite often.

“Perish Song is an interesting attack that you should watch out for,” Kent said. “Once that counter hits zero, your Pokémon will be knocked out. The more damage it takes, the quicker the number will count down.”

“Is this some trick to end the battle early?” J.D. asked.

“Indeed. And since you can't switch, you'll go down fast.”

“Neither can you, pal!”

“We'll see about that. Lapras, use Ice Beam!”

Lapras fires an Ice Beam that heads straight towards Forretress, leaving J.D. to react quickly.

“Forretress, use Mirror Shot!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress begins to flash and fire a beam from his metallic coating that strikes the beam and strikes Lapras in the process. Lapras recovers easily, but has her number go down to two, while Forretress' is still changing.

“Lapras, Sheer Cold!” Kent ordered.

“Protect!” J.D. ordered.

Lapras fires a Sheer Cold, but Forretress sets up a Protect barrier that protects him from the attack easily.

“Fire a Zap Cannon!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress fires a Zap Cannon attack that strikes Lapras hard, paralyzing her. Forretress' number changes to a two, while Lapras remains the same.

“Ice Beam!” Kent ordered.

Lapras fires an Ice Beam attack that strikes Forretress and freezes his face (or partial lack thereof).

“Rapid Spin!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress begins to spin and swings the ice off and stops.

“Mirror Shot!”

“Sheer Cold!” Kent ordered.

Lapras prepares to fire a Sheer Cold attack, but her paralysis is presenting her from attacking. Forretress fires the attack as it strikes her hard. Lapras is now both getting closer to being knocked and getting closer to fainting from the Perish Song effect.

“You're not going to win!” Kent said. “Sheer Cold!”

“Protect!”

Lapras fires a Sheer Cold attack, but Forretress protects himself and blocks the attack. That's when it happened. Lapras suddenly faints from her own Perish Song attack. Kent was surprised that the teen actually managed to outdo him with Perish Song.

“Let's see that final Pokémon of yours!” J.D. said. “I'm ready for him!”

Kent recalls his Lapras and prepares to send out his last Pokémon. He smiles as he knows his Forretress' weakness.

“Go, Ninetales!” he said.

He sends out his Ninetales, which is his trademarked Pokémon. Rain managed to beat him, but how would J.D. fare against him.

“Forretress isn't going to last much longer,” J.D. thought. “I hope Kariko is ready.”

“Ninetales, use Fire Blast!” Kent ordered.

“Protect!” J.D. ordered.

Forretress prepares a Protect attack, but nothing comes out. He's soon blasted by a Fire Blast attack and is shot back a lot. He soon rolls on the ground before stopping; he is now unable to battle.

“I wish he could stay much longer,” J.D. said, recalling him.

“Is Delcatty ready?” Kent asked with a slight taunt.

“Please, Kariko. Let Kari up in heaven watch your battle. Let her see how strong you've truly become!”

He takes his Delcatty's Pokeball out and prepares to end this once and for all. He was determined to face Kent in the final round and he was ready for it.

“Go, Kariko!” he said.

His Delcatty immediately comes out with a fierce meow. J.D. smiles as his trump card finally comes out.

“You're happy,” Kent said. “Considering that Lucario beat her easily!”

“That was because it was one against three,” J.D. replied. “By herself against one opponent, she's unstoppable.”

“We'll see about that.”

Delcatty growls at Ninetales, who isn't phased by her threats. The only thing Kent is concerned about is her Sing attack and Cute Charm. Otherwise, it would be easy for him.

“Kariko, use Assist!” J.D. ordered.

Delcatty's paw begins to glow as she fires a random attack. She then fires a Shadow Ball attack that strikes Ninetales hard. Kent now has something else to worry about, but he isn't too worried about it.

“Ninetales, use Fire Blast!” Kent ordered.

“Dodge it,” J.D. said.

Ninetales fires the attack as Delcatty dodges the attack easily. She lands on the ground, prepared to attack.

“Assist, once more!”

Delcatty fires an Assist attack once more. She immediately teleports to a random location and appears behind her.

“All right!” J.D. said. “Use Sing!”

Delcatty begins to sing a soft and melodic tune, making Ninetales fall into a deep slumber. Kent growls in annoyance as he figures out what to do.

“Wake-Up Slap!” J.D. ordered.

Delcatty unleashes a barrage of powerful slap attacks that sends Ninetales flying across. She immediately wakes up, albeit a little weak from the attack.

“I will not be defeated!” Kent said in anger. “Ninetales, use Confuse Ray!”

Ninetales launches a ray of light that Delcatty sees and begins to move about in a bit of a daze.

“Delcatty, try to focus!” J.D. said.

“Flamethrower!” Kent ordered.

Ninetales fires a Flamethrower attack that strikes Delcatty hard and knocks her back. She is still dizzy from the confusion, but J.D. had to press on.

“Assist!” J.D. ordered.

Delcatty prepares to fire, but she slips and falls. She immediately snaps out of it, leaving J.D. or order the same attack again. She gets up and prepares to fire the attack. She immediately unleashes a powerful twister that strikes Ninetales hard. J.D. is getting lucky with the Assist attacks, much to Kent's dislike.

“You think you're so strong, huh?” Kent asked.

“Please, you're just overreacting,” J.D. said.

“I'LL SHOW YOU WHO'S OVERREACTING! NINETALES, USE FLARE BLITZ!”

“Delcatty, use Giga Impact!”

They both begin to power up their attacks as they prepare to strike each other. They both charge with forceful speed as the both collide. The force alone shoots them back and onto the ground. Both try to struggle to stand up, but both of them are weak.

“Please Kariko, get up!” J.D. called out.

“Stand up, Ninetales!” Kent ordered.

They both attempt to stand up. Delcatty reaches to her feet first, but soon falls to the ground, unable to battle. Ninetales stands up fine and sits with her hind legs. J.D. couldn't believe that he lost to a man like Kent.

“This battle is over!” Shinsei said. “The last match will be between Kent Lewis and Rain Eidoh!”

“I knew those taunts were meaningless,” Kent said, calling Ninetales back.

He simply walks off, while J.D. goes over to Delcatty, who is upset that she lost.

“It's okay, Kariko,” J.D. said. “I know you didn't win, but...”

He could see that she couldn't be cheered up now, not after failing her deceased mother, whom J.D. said was watching her. He recalls her into her Pokeball as he goes over to Rain.

“We will take a quick ten minute break before resuming our final match!” Shinsei said. “Rain, Kent! I hope you two are ready!”

J.D. walks over to him and just glares at Rain. Rain can tell what he wants, not threatening him, but rather warning him.

“Do NOT lose to him,” he said in anger.

“I promise, I wont,” Rain replied.

J.D. walks off while Rain goes with Jessica to catch up on old times. They both wonder where Manny is, and why he hasn't come back yet. Manny, though they don't know it yet, is locked up in a broom closet with Shaymin in their hands.

“R-Rain,” he said in pain. “S...Shaymin.”

He passes out on the ground while Shaymin was in pure danger. What would become of her now, was anyone's guess at this point. The final battle was about to begin, and Rain could not afford to lose!

To Be Continued!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom