• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

COMPLETE: Pokemon XR: Sinnoh Frontier [Original, PG-PG13] [COMPLETE]

Re: Pokemon XR: Sinnoh Frontier [Original, PG-PG13]

Episode #23: The Final Battle! (Part 1)

Shaymin’s flower has been the cause of many legends, one of which was the best legend that Roy told Rain and Manny. Mr. Muto wanted to achieve that goal so he can exact his revenge on Rain and Jessica, who both ruined his life forever. Shaymin is knocked out as numerous guards take her to a mysterious machine in a dark room. The machine in question is a platform with laser beams to absorb the power of her Gracidea, making her weak and useless. That is to say…unable to turn into her Sky Forme.

“Mr. Muto,” one of the guards said. “The machine is set and we’re prepared to get things going.”

He smiles as he goes over to Shaymin, who just looks at him in fear.

“Your power will be mine,” he said. “Mark my words! Start the machine up!”

The guards nod as they prepare to jump-start the machine. Shaymin couldn’t move and has nowhere to go. The lasers begin to zap her as she screams in pain. Mr. Muto smiles maniacally as he watches Shaymin suffer greatly.

Back in the main arena, Rain and his Pokémon are having a discussion in the back of the stands in an open area where they could go in and out easily. He's prepared to give them a pep talk and make them feel ready for what would appear to be their last battle for a while.

“All right,” Rain said, to his Pokémon. "our last battle is going to begin. As you know, Shinsei Muto has a mission to capture Shaymin and use her power. If this tournament ends up with us being victorious, we must do what we can to make sure his plan stops immediately. Not to mention that Kent won’t postpone our match because of what he’s doing. In fact, even though he saved Shaymin, I doubt he has any idea of the severity of the situation. Are we clear?”

They all respond in their usual Pokémon language as they all prepare to go at it.

“All right, lets get out there and kick some butt!”

They all cheer in response. Kent is waiting on the main arena for his opponent to show up. Two minutes remained until the battle begins, but he isn’t going to let him win via disqualification. Rain immediately comes forward with his whole team back in their Poké Balls.

“I hope you’re ready, Kent!” Rain said.

Kent just glares at him as they prepare to battle. Mr. Muto is nowhere to be found, however. They soon hear a cracking sound of a megaphone nearby. The arena is apparently strewn with megaphones in various places for actual shows here.

“Attention battlers,” Mr. Muto said. “Due to personal reasons, I cannot attend to judge this match.”

Rain gasps in shock, knowing exactly what was going on.

“You two must battle on your own, and I expect the best…from all of you!”

Rain is treading on thin ice at this point. He attempts to run off the stage, but Kent immediately stops him.

“Where do you think you’re going?” he asked.

“Shinsei has Shaymin captive and they're draining her power!” Rain replied in a worried tone. “We have to help her!”

“And let him get suspicious?”

Rain knows he has a point there. Leaving to go after Shinsei would make him realize that he's going to go after him, but what would he do about Shaymin then?

“Jessica,” Rain said. “Go find Shinsei and stop him!”

Jessica is worried about encountering him again, but she knows that she no longer has a reason to fear him. She nods as she runs off in response. Kent just smiles, knowing that he made a much smarter choice.

“I hope you're ready!” Kent said.

The two take out their first Poké Balls as they prepare to get to work. Rain decides to send out first, and he knew exactly who to choose.

“Go, Weavile!” Rain said

Rain sends his Weavile out to battle, leaving Rain to give out a big smile.

“He's grown to be my strongest so far!” Rain said.

“Are you mad that I abandoned you?" he asked. "Well, I wanted to see if you were willing to come back to me. I need to gain your trust, and the fact that you risked your life trying to find me was proof enough that you wanted me as your Trainer."

Sneasel's eyes open once more as he realizes the truth in his words. Rain gives him his hand to shake, but Sneasel swipes at it. Rain cringes, until he realizes that Sneasel was merely shaking it instead. Sneasel laughs while Rain laughs with him.

"Welcome to the team, buddy!" Rain said.

“Let's show them how a real team works!” Rain said.

“Wea, weavile!” Weavile responsed.

“Go, Lucario!” Kent said.

Kent sends out his Lucario as they both prepare to battle. Without anyone to tell them to begin, they begin on their own, or at least, Kent does first.

“Lucario, use Aura Sphere!” Kent ordered.

“Dodge it!” Rain said.

Lucario fires an Aura Sphere that Weavile manages to dodge with ease. He rushes towards Lucario as he prepares to strike.

“Metal Claw!” Rain ordered.

Weavile strikes Lucario with a Metal Claw, dealing a lot of damage to Lucario.

“Force Palm!” Kent ordered.

Lucario places his palm on Weavile's belly and unleashes a powerful force that strikes Weavile back and onto the ground.

“We're not going to lose that easily!” Rain said. “Beat Up!”

Weavile powers up a dark ball in his hand and charges after Lucario.

“Force Palm once more!” Kent ordered.

The two Pokémon's attacks strike each other and knock each other back. Both are equally as powerful as each other's attacks and made them weaker than they were before.

“Weavile, use Ice Beam!”

Weavile fires an Ice Beam that strikes Lucario around the stomach, freezing him so that his arms are sticking out.

“Dark Pulse!”

Weavile fires a Dark Pulse attack that shoots towards Lucario and strikes him in the stomach. He falls to the ground, unable to battle. Kent is amazed that Lucario is knocked out so easily, but Rain knows he's stronger.

“You're not going to celebrate too early, are you?” Kent asked.

“Not me,” Rain replied.

“Very well. Go, Arbok!”

He sends his Arbok out to deal with Weavile. It was a large cobra-like Pokémon with a face-like pattern on its large hood. It sticks its tongue out like the snake that it is and makes Weavile smile.

“Let's go, Weavile!” Rain said. “Dark Pulse!”

Weavile fires a Dark Pulse as it shoots towards Arbok. Kent smiles as he prepares to get to work.

“Dodge and use Fire Fang!” Kent ordered.

Arbok easily dodges as it slithers towards Weavile with its fangs flaring with fire. He bites down on Weavile and burns him easily. He screams in pain as he tries to get him off.

“Iron Tail!” Kent ordered.

Arbok swings his tail around and strikes him with an Iron Tail, letting go as he sends him across. As soon as he stops, Weavile was immediately unable to battle. Rain calls him back as he prepares to send out his next Pokémon.

“Go, Gallade!” Rain said.

Gallade immediately comes out as he assumes his battling position.

“Let's show them how to fight, shall we?”

“Gal!” he replied.

Rain remembers how he caught him as well. Since then, these two have been a force to be reckoned with.

"Hey there, little guy," Rain said, still far enough from it. "Mind if I take a look?"

Ralts could always sense who was bad enough to lie and who was good enough to tell the truth, and Rain was obviously telling the truth. He nods in response as Rain goes even closer to it, looking at all the flowers piled up on here.

"You lost someone here, didn't you?" Rain asked. Ralts nods in response. "I was here when all of this happened. We were attacked by these two evil men who wanted me dead. I just can't forgive them, it makes me so..."

Ralts was about to cry at his sudden anger, but Rain sees this and tries to hold off his anger.

"I'm sorry, Ralts," Rain said. "It was just so tragic...I know you hate anger, I understand that. I just wish they'd leave us alone...do you have any family?"

Ralts points to the flowerbed, telling him that whoever was resting under there was his family.

"I see," Rain said.

He felt so sorry for the little Ralts, losing his family and being chased by some "hunter." He wanted to at least get someone to care for him.

"Hey, Ralts," Rain asked. "Want to come with me?"

Ralts looks up at him and wonders what he meant by that.

"You must be lonely without any family to take care of you. Trust me, I have such good friends by my side. Do you want to, Ralts?"

And I'm so glad he did,” Rain thought. “Gallade, use Psycho Cut!”

Gallade fires a Psycho Cut attack that strikes Arbok hard, dealing a lot of damage. Kent growls in anger as he prepares to strike back.

“Arbok, Gunk Shot!” Kent ordered.

Arbok shakes the gunk in his mouth an hock's it at Gallade, striking him hard as he tries to shake off the gross attack.

“Iron Tail!” Kent ordered.

Arbok slithers towards him and prepares to strike with an Iron Tail attack, but Gallade jumps back and prepares to strike again.

“Psycho Cut once more!”

Gallade fires a Psycho Cut attack that strikes Arbok hard, knocking him out almost immediately. Kent is amazed at how strong Rain truly is.

“I'm not afraid of you!” Rain said.

“You think you're so great, huh?!” Kent asked. “Well you're not! You're just a kid, end of story!”

“We'll see about that.”

“Go, Meganium!”

He sends his Meganium out, leaving Rain a little surprised, since he recently battled one under Roy's command.

“I, too, have a strong Meganium under my wing,” he said, “and I'm sure you'll have trouble with her!”

“Well let's get on with it!” Rain said. “Gallade, use Psycho Cut!”

“Meganium, use Protect!” Kent ordered.

Meganium uses a Protect Shield to block the Psycho Cut attack. Rain isn't going to let her get away with evading an attack.

“Teleport!” Rain ordered.

Gallade uses a Teleport attack that makes him jump from one area to another, making Meganium look around with her long neck.

“Sunny Day!” Kent ordered.

Meganium uses a Sunny Day attack to launch a red sphere in the sky to unleash intense brightness on the battlefield. Rain covers himself, but Kent isn't phased.

“That Sunny Day,” Rain said to himself, knowing what will come next. “Close Combat!”

Gallade fires numerous punches that strike Meganium hard as she stand her ground. She was trained to take these hits, which makes Kent smile.

“SolarBeam!” Kent ordered.

“Teleport!” Rain ordered.

Meganium fires the beam, being much quicker than Gallade's teleport. He knocks him towards the stands as he just lies there, unable to battle. Rain recalls him as he prepares to figure out another way to beat Kent's Meganium.

“Let's try this,” Rain said. “Go, Drapion!”

Rain sends his Drapion out as he clicks his claws quickly, preparing to battle.

“I had almost forgotten how feisty you were back then,” Rain thought.

They suddenly hear someone calling for them in a Pokémon-like language. Rain and the others all turn to see a familiar Pokémon running towards them.

"Wait," Rain said. "Skorupi?!"

Skorupi charges after them and dive bombs into Rain, knocking him down and accidentally knocking an empty Pokeball from his belt. Skorupi pokes it as the ball engulfs him inside. Everyone was surprised that Skorupi was willing to go inside the ball, just as it pings to confirm the chapter. Rain picks it up and looks at it in confusion.

"I guess I got myself a Skorupi!" Rain said.

“You always came out of your ball to attack me. Not only did you mature since then when you evolved, but you've become a strong asset to my team!”

“You won't be able to stop me!” Kent said. “Meganium, use SolarBeam!”

Meganium fires another SolarBeam that strikes Drapion hard, but due to typing, it has little effect.

“Use Cross Poison!” Rain ordered.

Drapion charges forward and strikes Meganium hard with a Cross Poison attack. Kent is amazed at how good he's become. Nothing would phase him now.

“I will not let you beat me!” Kent said. “You hear me!”

“We'll see about that, Kent!”

This battle was already heating up and neither trainer is giving up. They are both on equal level, but it would be his great memories of how his Pokémon got him here that will make him prevail, but can he actually win?

To Be Continued!

*pokes* anyone still reading this? It's almost over. =(

Episode #24: The Final Battle (Part 2)!

The battle between Kent and Rain continues on, with Kent feeling annoyed that a kid like Rain is actually getting the better of him. Rain is confident that he's going to win and isn't going to stop until he beats him. The quicker the better.

“Tell me, Rain,” Kent said. “What exactly does this tournament mean to you?”

Rain wonders what he meant by that.

“You seem to be here to stop Shinsei Muto, and have no desire to win the prize. Why participate when you can simply stop Mr. Muto normally.”

“Because there are a few out there who expect me to win!” Rain replied. “Palmer...and my brother, Kaze Eidoh!”

“Well, it would seem odd that you'd be so determined to stop Mr. Muto yet ignore the final battle of the Battle Frontier, a title held in high regard.”

“At this point, my friends are more important than anything else. The Sinnoh League title was important since I had nothing holding me back other than beating my rival. Now, my friends and Shaymin are all in danger.”

“You're quite the kid, aren't you?”

Kent just glares at him as they continue battling.

“Meganium, use SolarBeam!”

“Cross Poison!” Rain ordered.

Drapion charges forward just as Meganium fires her beam. His attack slices through and strikes Meganium hard, knocking her out easily.

“You see,” Rain said. “I have something you don't have. A real purpose for winning!”

“Oh really?” Kent said, calling Meganium back. “And tell me, what is this real purpose, your friends?”

“You're never going to understand!”

“Then understand one thing. I WILL WIN!!!”

“We’ll see about that!”

Rain was more than ready at this point to take him out once and for all. He wasn't going to lose to someone like him.

“Go, Banette!”

He sends his Banette out to battle. Rain wonders why he would send a Ghost Pokémon against a Dark Type.

“Whenever you're ready,” Kent simply said.

“Night Slash!” Rain ordered.

Drapion fires his Night Slash as he strikes Banette hard. He falls to the ground, quickly getting up. Banette smiles as he prepares to go for it.

“Curse!” Kent ordered.

Banette lays a strong curse on Drapion as he cringes in pain. Rain knows that its curse is strong but how much would it turn things around.

“Drapion, use Cross Poison!” Rain ordered.

Drapion charges forward and prepares to strike Banette, but it's ready for a counterattack.

“Use Shadow Claw!” Kent ordered.

Banette slashes him in the face with a Shadow Claw attack. He sends him to the ground, leaving him to get up and stand tall, preparing to finish him off.

“Use Shadow Ball!” Kent ordered.

Banette fires a Shadow Ball that strikes Drapion in the face, knocking him out easily. Rain calls his Drapion back as Banette gets off of him.

“Go, Drifblim!”

Rain sends his Drifblim out. Rain smiles, knowing that he's going to have an interesting battle ahead of him.

“I'm sorry you had to go through all of that," Rain said. "You're with Rita now and that's all that matters."

Drifloon cheers happily.

"We'll see you again someday," Rain said. "Goodbye."

The group leaves for Eterna Forest, bidding farewell to the Valley Windworks, but Drifloon was looking a little saddened at their departure. Drifloon suddenly floats over to Rain, causing Rita to charge after them, while Drifloon floats around Rain happily. Rain was really confused at what Drifloon was doing, but Rita had a strange feeling.

"I think," Rita said before continuing, "...I think Drifloon wants to come with you!"

"Is that what you want, Drifloon?" Rain asked.

Drifloon cheers as it sways about.

You were a pain back then, always going off for no reason,” Rain thought. “I didn't expect you to help me out in my search for Arceus's Plates.

“Banette, use Shadow Ball!” Kent ordered.

“Ominous Wind!” Rain ordered.

Banette fires a Shadow Ball, while Drifblim uses an Ominous Wind attack to destroy it and cause damage to Banette. He tries his hardest to fight back, but he has no luck.

"Shadow Ball!” Rain ordered.

Drifblim fires a Shadow Ball attack that strikes Banette hard and sends him flying. He is immediately unable to battle.

“It seems that we’re at equal strength,” Kent said, calling Banette back. “However, in the end, I will be the victor here!”

“We’ll see about that!” Rain said.

Kent simply laughs at his comments. Rain didn’t know why he’s doing that, but he knows it isn’t anything good.

“We’ll see about that?” Kent asked. “You love using that phrase, don’t you?! How are you do confident that you’ll win?!”

“You must understand,” Rain said. “I’m not perfect, I’ll never be. But I’m sure that I will win…because I have more faith in my Pokémon than you’ll ever understand!”

“You dare mock me?!”

“I have a mission I cannot fail! That alone is pushing me to win!”

Kent growls in anger and takes out Lapras’ Pokeball.

“I’ll force you to eat those words you pest!” Kent roared. “Go, Lapras!”

He sends his Lapras out to battle. It patiently sits on the field as it waits for Drifblim to make a move.

“I have to watch it,” Rain thought. “After all, it knows Sheer Cold!”

“Lapras, Sheer Cold!” Kent ordered.

Right off the bat?” Rain thought. “Get close and use Explosion!”

Drifblim flies as close as possible to Lapras, who prepares a powerful Sheer Cold. As soon as she fires Drifblim explodes randomly, sending her back a lot. Although it didn't knock her out, it made her very weak. Rain smiles as he manages to make Lapras weak right off the bat. Rain recalls his fallen Drifblim as he sends out his next Pokémon.

“Go, Luxray!” Rain said.

Luxray comes out and roars proudly. He smiles as he reminisces once more.

My first capture,” Rain thought.

"You're staying in this battle," Rain said. Shinx was surprised to hear him say that. "I know it's rough, but you need to learn that running away is never such a good idea. Do you want to be a coward forever?"

Shinx looks back at Probopass, and back at Rain.

"Please, Shinx. I don't want you to run. Not while I'm around."

Shinx nods as he goes back into battling mode, facing Probopass with a fierce, yet cute roar.

You're the bravest of my group,” Rain thought, “as well as one of my best. I have faith in you, Luxray!

“Lapras, use Ice Beam!” Kent ordered.

“Dodge it and use Discharge!” Rain ordered.

Lapras fires an Ice Beam that Luxray manages to dodge easily. He then fires a powerful Discharge attack that strikes Lapras hard.

“Use Thunder Fang!” Rain ordered.

“Hydro Pump!” Kent ordered.

Lucray charges forward and prepares to strike Lapras, but her attack knocks him back. The Thunder Fang's electricity travels to Lapras and manages to shock her and paralyze her.

“Lapras, use Sheer Cold!” Kent ordered.

Lapras tries to move, but she's paralyzed so much that she can't move.

“Discharge!” Rain ordered.

Rain fires a Discharge attack that strikes Lapras. She couldn't move and all she could do was take the attacks at full force.

“Lapras, use Sheer Cold!” Kent ordered.

Lapras soon snaps out of it and fires a Sheer Cold that strikes Luxray hard and knocks him out easily. Lapras' attack, however, made her lose energy, making her faint as well. Both of them are unable to battle, leaving them to recall their Pokémon and send out their last Pokémon.

Torterra,” Rain thought. “I've been waiting for this moment!

"Say, do you have a Trainer?" he asked.

The Turtwig shakes its head, leaving him to wonder why they were in a suitcase along with two others. If he doesn't belong to anyone, he couldn't see what the problem was with taking it. But whoever had the suitcase must have known about the Turtwig inside of it. He didn't know what to do.

"Well, you were inside a suitcase, so that means you belong to someone, right?" he asked. "Well, how about you and I be partners for a while. Who needs to go to Professor Rowan to get a starter, I have you, right?"

The Turtwig looks away, but hesitates and looks back at him. Rain was confused as to what he was doing, and wish he knew since Pokémon couldn't talk.

"Turtwig!" it said happily.

"Is that a yes?" Rain asked. Turtwig nods. "Then that settles it! You're my first Pokémon!"

Back then, the two were simply brought together by accident. Rain, in truth, wasn't too keen on using Turtwig since he came from someone else's suitcase. Who would have thought that he would make Rain one of the strongest trainers in Sinnoh!

“I know who you have left!” Kent said. “Send him out!”

Rain nods as he takes Torterra's Pokeball. He has no reason to lose at this point. Failure meant that all of his dreams, all of his victories, and all of his world saving abilities, will have been for nothing.

“Ninetales!” Kent said.

“Torterra!” Rain said.

“GO!!!!”

They both send out their main Pokémon. A Grass and Ground Tortoise Pokémon against a Fire Kitsune Pokémon seems to be an interesting match for them.

“I wonder if your Pokémon has the strength to take out my mighty Ninetales!” Kent said.

“Torterra has never failed me yet!” Rain said. “And he's not about to now! RIGHT BUDDY?!”

Torterra roars proudly. Kent notices that Rain has far more confidence in his abilities than before.

“Torterra, use Earthquake!”

Torterra slams the ground, emitting a powerful tremor that strikes Ninetales hard. She jumps back and prepares to go at it.

“Ninetales, use Fire Blast!” Kent ordered.

“SolarBeam!” Rain ordered.

Both Pokémon fire their respective attacks with forceful power. Torterra manages to bust through the entire flare and strike Ninetales hard.

“Leaf Storm!” Rain ordered.

Torterra fires a powerful Leaf Storm that strikes Ninetales continuously, leaving Kent amazed.

What is going on?” he thought. “Ninetales is actually losing! But how?!

Do you know why I've become a Frontier Brain, Kent?

Let me guess. It's your cheating skills that got you here?

Don't be that foolish. My Pokémon are my pride. After all, I've been placing my all out trust in them. Especially Houndoom.

So what does this have to do with me, Darach?

Power isn't enough to win. You'll see in due time. Especially when Rain gets here.

Kent remembers that conversation he had with Darach, the Battle Castle Frontier Brain. He disregarded it as nonsense, since he's been strong without it, but when he sees his Ninetales get pummeled by Rain's Torterra, a Pokémon Ninetales should have an advantage against, it made him wonder what's going on.

“Had enough?” Rain asked.

“NO!!!” he shouted. “NINETALES, USE ALL THE POWER IN YOUR ARSENAL!!! FLARE BLITZ!!!!”

Ninetales begins to charge up a powerful fire aura that she uses against Torterra. Rain smiles as he simply gives his Pokémon an order.

“Wood Hammer!”

Torterra lifts his left leg up and slams down on her, striking her hard. She just slumps on the ground, unable to battle.

“I win, Kent!” Rain said.

“No, this can't be!” Kent said. “Ninetales is still able to battle! Come on Ninetales, GET UP!!!!”

Ninetales isn't getting up. She's weak and couldn't move. Kent just falls to his knees and punches the ground hard. Rain recalls his Torterra as he looks at his Pokeball with a smile.

“Thank you, my friend,” Rain said.

“What do you know about friendship?” Kent asked. “That means nothing to anyone who can truly domi-!”

He soon stops, realizing that now, his words are meaningless. He just lost to someone who believes in friendship towards his Pokémon, and humiliatingly at that.

“Back then, I could barely hold my own,” Rain said. “Now, I'm as strong as I can possibly be!”

The megaphones crackle once more ass they begin to release some words from Mr. Muto.

Rain,” he said. “It seems that I've truly underestimated your skills as a trainer. For that, I congratulate you for winning the Sinnoh Battle Frontier tournament. However, you will not receive anything. My goals are complete, and you'll live to regret battling me!

Rain immediately leaves to go after Mr. Muto before it was too late. Kent looks at his fallen Ninetales, who struggles to get up, and then watches Rain run off. He stands up and calls his Ninetales back to his Pokeball.

“It seems that Mr. Muto is what drives him as well," Kent said, "this is going to be interesting.”

He runs off to go after Rain. He needs to find out the truth in his abilities, and hopefully put an end to Mr. Muto's plans once and for all!

To Be Continued!

Last edited:

I'm still here! :D
First, I must say. You really caught me by surprise when J.D. didnt make it to the finals. Really shocked me.
As for this final battle:
- It was really great to see Rain's entire team get to battle again
- The memeories of when he met each of them made it really touching
-I cant remember Rain bashing heads with anyone like this since Ket
-I love how Rain totally dominated the last match up

Excellent chap, I can't wait to see the fianle!

Only thing I spotten in this chap:
“You're the bravest of my group,” Rain thought, “as well as the my best. I have faith in you, Luxray!”
One of 'em has to go.

Last edited:

Episode #25: The Ultimate Battle Between Good and Evil!

Two of Mr. Muto's bodyguards are walking down a hallway and talking about their boss's plan. They are unsure about doing this, especially if it meant bringing back an age old curse. They couldn't hear it, but something is quickly approaching them from behind. Soon, Manny, his Buneary and his Probopass crash into them, sending them flying in various directions like a bowling ball to pins. He looks behind him and just laughs as he shoots down the hall.

“All right, let's find that Shinsei freak!” Manny said.

“Probo!”

“Bun, bun!”

They continue down the hall, but they soon notice Rain coming from the other end. He gasps in shock as he tries to get Probopass to stop, leaving Rain to freak out as he tries to look for a way to dodge. Probopass stops just in time as Rain sighs in relief.

“WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!!!” Rain snapped.

“Not my fault I'm enjoying myself,” Manny replied, much to Rain's annoyance. “Get on.”

Rain does just that and goes on Probopass's right side as they fly off.

“I found out that they're in a lab on the third floor,” Manny said. “It seems that they've been planning this since before the Grand Festival.”

“Why would they want to do this?”

“Easy; revenge. He's doing it to kill you and Jessica in cold blood!”

Rain is surprised that he would go that far. Especially after a loss from Jessica.

“Your victory in the Battle Frontier made him interested, as well as push his desire to succeed. We need to get Shaymin and the Gracidea before it's too late.”

As they continue down the halls, they see J.D. running in front of them, leaving them to stop, as J.D. cowers in fear. Once he realizes they stopped he just looks at them in anger.

“Hey, man!” he said. “That's not cool!”

“Shut up and get on,” Manny said. “I assume you're going for Shaymin?”

He nods as he gets on Probopass's left side. Probopass is already bothered by the weight and is at his limit.

“All right, let's move!” Manny said as Probopass heads off. “Probopass can carry only three people at a time, so if we ever find Artemis, we'll have to kick someone out. And I think we all know who.”

The other two didn't have an idea. They finally arrive at the elevator as Rain presses the button for the elevator to come.

“You're both going to kick me off because lord knows that I'm simply a jerk. Come on, you both know it!”

“Bun, buneary!” Buneary said in confirmation.

“I would never kick you off,” Rain said. “You're my best friend and you're just as important to the team as anyone else!”

Manny isn't sure what to make of that. He just smiles, knowing that he cares no matter what he does.

“What about you, beat box boy,” Manny said.

“Well....I guess we all need each other as much as anyone else.”

The elevator finally comes as they all go in. Probopass is still floating using Magnet Rise, so he's able to fit in the elevator nicely. The door closes as it goes up. They all wonder how Shaymin is doing despite the treatment she got from Shinsei Muto. The elevator opens on the third floor as the labs are down the hall ahead of them.

“Magnet Bomb!” Manny ordered.

Probopass fires a Magnet Bomb that blows the door apart and lets them through. Probopass stops as he calls him back to his Pokeball. They go inside as they see an office like area with numerous objects knocked over.

“What a mess,” J.D. said.

“Where's Shaymin?” Rain asked.

They hear someone crying and recognize it as Shaymin. They go ahead of them as they see a safe with her coming into it.

“Buneary, I want you to use Dizzy Punch on the safe lock!” Manny said.

Buneary jumps off and strikes the lock with a powerful punch, breaking the safe lock and making it easier to open. Once the door is open, they see Shaymin, cowering in fear with a wilted and dead Gracidea.

“Shaymin!” Rain said.

Shaymin looks up and sees Rain, smiling in response. She jumps to him as he grabs her and hug each other.

“I was so worried,” she said. “I thought I was going to die!”

“What happened to you, anyway?” Rain asked.

“I was hit by this weird beam and the next thing I knew, I was in this cage!”

They notice that the Gracidea is as dead as a 500 year old plant. It seems like the only plant that was accessible to them is no more.

“So now what?” Rain asked.

“Let's take it anyway,” J.D. said. “After all, doesn't that Kent guy have a Meganium?”

“What's he going to do? He hates me enough as it is!”

“Maybe if you talk to him enough, he'll help.”

“Yeah, suuure. Now let's get out of here before it's too late.”

They take the Gracidea as they all begin to head out. However, they soon come across none other than Shinsei Muto himself. They all take a step back as they look at him in anger. They notice that he's holding a special trophy. It's the Frontier Title, one that's awarded to people who complete the Battle Frontier Challenge.

“I must congratulate you for getting this far,” Shinsei said. “You're quite the trainer.”

“I don't need your pity!!!” Rain snapped.

“Who's giving pity? I'm just simply being honest. After all, I do believe that this is for you.”

He shows him the trophy as he places his hand out for him to take it.

“By the honor of the Battle Frontier association and the League of Pokémon Battles, I hereby award you with this.”

“Is this a trick?!” Rain asked.

“Rules are rules.”

They knew it had to be a trap, but this was still a legal tournament. He slowly places his hands toward the trophy, but Shaymin uses her Energy Ball attack to strike Shinsei's hand, forcing him to drop it on the ground, breaking it. The trophy soon emits a pink smoke that causes all of them to cover their noses, as well as their mouths.

“What is that?” J.D. asked.

“A sleeping powder!” Manny asked.

“So, this was a set up, you creep!” Rain said.

“You have no desire to give up, do you?” Shinsei asked. “So be it! Milotic, come on out!”

Shinsei's Milotic comes out and rests on the ground. She opens her beautiful eyes as she stares into Rain's eyes specifically.

“Now then,” Shinsei said. “It's time.”

He takes out a needle that he injects into his Milotic's back. They knew that any methods to stopping them would be useless with Milotic defending herself, so all they could do is watch. Her skin soon becomes dark with a dark red aura surrounding her. Her face becomes more dragon-like and her tail begins to grow a sharp blade strong enough to slice a Steelix in half with little effort. She's also growing at least four times bigger, reaching the tall ceiling in no time.

“What is that thing?” Rain asked.

“That's what this cursed Pokémon looks like?”

The transformation is complete. Instead of beautiful, she's become more frightening. Shinsei smiles and laughs as his plan is finally complete.

“Milotic,” Shinsei said. “Kill them all!”

Milotic raises her tail as it crashes the ceiling. They all make a run for it as Milotic slams the ground, making them fly across as they land on the ground. They quickly get up as Manny calls his Probopass out.

“Get on!” Manny said.

“After them!” Shinsei said.

Milotic rushes after him. But due to her size, she is gaining fast!

“Probopass, use Magnet Bomb on EVERYTHING!!!” Manny ordered, nervous as hell.

Probopass fires a Magnet Bomb at the wall in front of him, leading to the outside area. They all fall out as Probopass lands safely on the ground, running away. Milotic flies out and stares at them on the ground. It fires a Hyper Beam, which Probopass manages to dodge, however the explosion is so powerful that it knocks all of them off of him and crash onto the ground. Manny gets up and sees the mighty beast above them.

“Probopass, use Zap Cannon!”

Probopass fires a Zap Cannon attack that strikes Milotic, however it did absolutely nothing to it.

“It's no use!” Shaymin said. “I need to get to my Sky Forme!”

“But the Gracidea...”

He holds out the wilted flower, which is rather useless at this point. Milotic fires another Hyper Beam and shoots it towards all of them, but a mysterious force field surrounds all of them as they see a Banette using Protect to block the attack. They look behind them to see Kent, Artemis and Jessica, all together. Jessica runs over to them and hugs Rain.

“Rain,” she said. “Thank goodness you're all right!”

He looks over at Kent who approaches him calmly.

“Need any assistance?” he asked.

“Yeah, healing this.”

He shows him the Gracidea. He smiles as he goes for Meganium's Pokeball, but...

“Wait,” he said. “Where is Meganium?!?!”

“Looking for this?” a familiar voice said.

They all gasp in shock as they turn to see Mr. Muto, holding Meganium's Pokeball in what seems to be a handled nutcracker. Jessica freaks out at the sight of him, while Rain gets up and prepares to take out Torterra's Pokeball.

“One false move, and she dies!” Shinsei growled.

“Put her down!” Rain snapped.

“I have waited three years for this to happen! I WILL NOT SCREW THIS UP!!!! MILOTIC, DESTROY THESE---”

He's soon attacked by a mysterious man as he takes his left arm and puts it into a lock by sending his arm behind and below it and putting leverage on his back. Mr. Muto screams in pain as he drops Meganium's Pokeball, as well as the nutcracker. The man in question is none other than Roy Muto, Shinsei's nephew.

“Had enough, old man?” Roy asked.

“Roy,” Rain said.

“Take his Pokeball, now!” Roy said.

Rain goes over to Meganium's Pokeball and gives it to Kent. He smiles as he sends her out.

“Mega!” she said.

“Heal that Gracidea,” Kent ordered.

J.D. shows her the wilted flower as she sniffs it. She simply breathes with her mouth, and the Gracidea was healing itself. They are all amazed at her ability to revive dead plants, as if it was nothing.

“Thank you so much!” Rain said.

“Mega mega!” she replied.

“Let me at him!” Shaymin said, trying to get out of Rain's arms.

He holds her to the flower as she touches it, making her glow and transform.

“You should have killed her while you had the chance, old man!”

Shinsei Muto lowers himself and kicks Roy's leg out, making him fall, as well as loosening his grip. He prepares to run over and attack Shaymin, but she launches a Seed Flare, sending him flying backwards.

“You will not harm my friends!” she said.

Her transformation to Sky Forme was complete. She smiles at Mr. Muto and looks up at the demonic Milotic with a brave look to her face.

“Get everyone out of here,” Shaymin said. “This is a job for the mighty Shaymin!”

“Let's go, everyone!” Rain said.

They all nod as they quickly get out of the main area. Mr. Muto tries to get up, but he's soon stopped by Roy, who knocks him down and tries to keep him there.

“You realize that she'll kill you with one blast of her Hyper Beam?”

“If it means going with you, then why not?” Roy said.

He sees the Hyper Beams fire like crazy, attempting to strike Shaymin multiple times, but all were missing. The explosions are everywhere, and they are all closing in on Roy and Shinsei.

Rain,” Roy thought. “Tell Jessica...I'm sorry.

Shaymin fires an Energy Ball at the blast as it strikes the monster, but even though it separates the blast, it still strikes them as they both scream in pain. The power soon fades as they both lay on the ground, fading slowly.

“Old man,” Roy said softly. “You've....lost...”

Soon, both of them were on the ground, unable to move or wake up. Milotic is far too strong for anyone to handle and one strike would kill them instantly. Shaymin, with the power of her Gracidea, would be strong enough to fight against this, but would she be able to defeat it like the Shaymin of legend?

Outside of the coliseum, Rain and the others are safe enough that they wouldn't be harmed by Shaymin's powers. He still hopes that she would do all right, even though the odds are in her favor.

“Shaymin,” Rain said. “I have faith in you...we all do. Please...come through...for all of us.”

The final battle is coming to a close, and if Shaymin can pull this off, then all the problems, all the enemies they've met, they will all be put to rest. This is a battle that none of them could afford to lose.

To Be Continued!

Well, here it is. The final chapter. Hope you enjoy. =D

Episode #26: The Flower Paradise!

Shaymin's last hope is to turn into her Sky Forme with the help of the Gracidea, which was revived via Meganium's breath. Her transformation to Sky Forme is complete. She smiles at Mr. Muto and looks up at the demonic Milotic with a brave look to her face.

“Get everyone out of here,” Shaymin said. “This is a job for the mighty Shaymin!”

“Let's go, everyone!” Rain said.

They all nod as they quickly get out of the main area. Mr. Muto tries to get up, but he's soon stopped by Roy, who knocks him down and tries to keep him there.

“You realize that she'll kill you with one blast of her Hyper Beam?”

“If it means going with you, then why not?” Roy said.

He sees the Hyper Beams fire like crazy, attempting to strike Shaymin multiple times, but all were missing. The explosions were everywhere, and they are all closing in on Roy and Shinsei.

“Rain,” Roy thought. “Tell Jessica...I'm sorry.”

Shaymin fires an Energy Ball at the blast as it strikes it, but even though it separates the blast, it still strikes them as they both scream in pain. The power soon fades as they both lay on the ground, fading slowly.

“Old man,” Roy said softly. “You've....lost...”

Soon, both of them were on the ground, unable to move or wake up. Milotic is far too strong for anyone to handle and one strike will kill them instantly. Shaymin, with the power of her Gracidea, would be strong enough to fight against this, but would she be able to defeat it like the Shaymin of legend?

Outside of the coliseum, Rain and the others are safe enough that they wouldn't be harmed by Shaymin's powers. He still hopes that she would do all right, even though the odds are in her favor.

“Shaymin,” Rain said. “I have faith in you...we all do. Please...come through...for all of us.”

Shaymin prepares by firing an Energy Ball that strikes the beast hard. She flies towards Milotic in order to use Seed Flare, however Milotic fires a Hyper Beam, striking her hard. She's knocked to the ground, but she easily gets up and shoots back towards Milotic.

That's quite a hit,” Rain thought, “She took that Hyper Beam and still lived. I have to get in on that action."

She gets close enough to absorb the air around her and fires a powerful Seed Flare, striking Milotic hard and knocking her to the ground. She lifts herself up as she roars at Shaymin, shooting her back. She shakes herself off and shoots back towards Milotic. She fires numerous Hyper Beams towards Shaymin, but she dodges easily and strikes her with an Air Slash.

“Come on!” she said. “I know you're stronger than that!”

Milotic prepares to fire a Hyper Beam, but she's stopped by a Fire Blast to the face. Shaymin looks to her right and sees Ket and Infernape, who was responsible for the attack. Infernape stops as he looks at Shaymin, who smiles. She needs all the help that she could get and prepares to take this beast down once and for all. She prepares for a Seed Flare once more, but Milotic fires another Hyper Beam at her.

“Here it comes!” Shaymin said.

She takes the hit and releases the Seed Flare. She mixes the beams from the Hyper Beam and strikes Milotic with it, dealing a lot of damage. Milotic falls to the ground, but she wasn't done yet.

“Young boy, over here!” Shaymin said. “Hurry!”

“I'm not a young boy!” Ket snapped.

He goes over anyway and stands next to her with Infernape by his side.

“I need you to launch a Flamethrower when she fires a Hyper Beam. Try to block it as best as you can!”

He nods in response and watches her prepare the Hyper Beam. Ket smiles as he goes for the attack.

“Infernape, use Flamethrower!”

Infernape fires a Flamethrower attack that collides with the Hyper Beam. Milotic's is pushing it back slowly, leaving Shaymin to make her move.

“Let's go, SEED FLARE!!!” Shaymin said.

She begins to charge up the Seed Flare and fires it at Milotic, striking it within the Fire Blast and morphing it with the beam. It strikes Milotic hard as it screams in pain. She immediately falls to the ground and slowly fades into dust.

“What's happening to Milotic?” Ket asked.

“That curse," Shaymin began, if defeated, kills the host and leaves, waiting to return another hundred years. It's over, for now. I have to say, you're quite the trainer.”

“I...I was only doing what I thought was best.”

She goes over to him, expecting him to pet her, but he simply turns his head, making her sad. His eyes go back at her and away again, until...

“Oh, all right,” he said.

He pets her on the head, resulting in a soft giggle. The two prepare to head out to meet with the others, especially Rain, who Ket wanted to meet this entire time.

--------------------------------------

Rain watches the part where Milotic falls to the ground, defeated, when he alerts everyone of her victory. They see the spirit go into the air in little pieces of dust, presumably to rest for another hundred years.

“Is it...over?” Artemis asked.

“Yes,” Rain said. “I think so.”

They both see Ket and Shaymin come out to see everyone, leaving Rain surprised that Ket was here.

“Ket?” Rain said to himself.

Shaymin flies over to Rain, but she suddenly transforms back into her Land Forme and falls into Rain's arms. She looks at the sun as it was completely down at this point.

“They day is over,” she said. “I can't stay in my Sky Forme at night.”

“Right, I forgot,” Rain replied. “Hey, Ket, what're you doing here?”

“Well...I heard that you were part of the Battle Frontier and....I just want to congratulate you.”

Rain smiles, as he feels pleased that he finally gets the respect from his rival that he deserves. He gets up and shakes Ket's hands, leaving Jessica and Manny pleased as well.

“So now what?” Rain asked.

“I guess this is it for us,” Manny said. “There's a small port town nearby. Want to head there and say our good-byes?”

“That's sounds fair. Shaymin, are you going to be fine without us?”

“I'll be fine,” she said. “I have somewhere I need to be, anyway.”

He sets her on the ground as they all head off. Shaymin waves good-bye as they leave for the port town where they'll leave as well. Shaymin soon begins to grow sad and goes after them. Not only did she miss them already, but she forgot one important thing.

“WAIT!!!” she cried. “DON'T LEAVE JUST YET, I HAVE TO SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!!”

They all stop as she turns around to see her waving her hands like crazy.

“I...I'm sorry, but...there's something I have to show you.”

“What is it?” Rain asked.

“It's...a ritual I do...but...it's not until tomorrow at sunrise. I know it's a long wait, but trust me, you'll like it. Please, come with me! PLEASE!!!”

They all look at each other and wonder if it was worth it for them to see this ritual.

“Are you sure it's that important?” Rain asked.

“You saved me and gave me my Sky Forme!” she replied. “I think it's time I did you all a favor. I promise, it'll be worth it!”

“And where is this ritual, may I ask?” Kent asked.

Shaymin looks to her right and points to the island across from them.

“That's the Flower Paradise,” she said. “It's where me and my friends gather to begin our yearly ritual. Once a year, we go there and search for a wasteland to fill with flowers!”

“That's awesome,” Rain said.

“Yeah, but it's across the sea,” J.D. said. “And we don't have a boat!”

“I have an idea!”

Rain gets his cellphone out and calls one of his friends. He goes elsewhere to get some small privacy to call him. They all wonder just how worth it it really is, but considering that Shaymin is a legendary Pokémon, it might mean something.

“Okay, I've got Donovan to come and pick us up,” Rain said. “Now are you sure this is important?”

“Promise on my heart and soul!” Shaymin replied with a salute.

They all wait anxiously for the boat to arrive. It would be at least ten hours before the sun came up. They hope that it wouldn't be a waste of time, but Rain didn't think it would be if she was this desperate.

----------------------------------------------

Once the gang safely arrives at the Flower Paradise, they all disembark as they walk through the land filled area with numerous flowers of all different varieties. They were all impressed, to say the least.

“You like it?” she asked. “I made it!”

“You made all of this?” J.D. asked, surprised.

“Of course! We Shaymin are capable of making fields of wasteland a beautiful flower garden.”

“That's incredible!” Jessica said.

“When you say, 'we Shaymin,'” J.D. began, ”you mean there's more of you?”

She nods and gives a little wink. They all wonders if this has to do with their ritual.

“I remember a tale about Floaroma Town,” Manny began.

He tells the tale about the history of his hometown. It was once a barren wasteland until a strange force brought flowers back to the land of flowers itself. Their shop was one of the few surviving stores and hasn't died yet.

“I got to hand it to my family,” Manny said. “They know what they're doing.”

Rain knows that this is going to be his last adventure for a long time, but with all the friends he made, it would be hard to leave them so soon.

“I'll miss you all,” Rain said.

They all turn to him as they feel the same. Even Kent, who seems to be responsible for helping Shaymin as well.

“I have an idea,” Artemis said.

She takes out what appears to be a circular puzzle in the shape of a flower. She rips one piece off and shows it to them.

“We all take one, so that way, we can all remembers who our friends are.”

“That's a great idea!” Jessica said.

“Rain, what do you think?”

Rain smiles at her idea. They all take a piece and keep it for themselves. They all had fun throughout the adventures and neither one of them would forget it.

“We're almost there,” Shaymin said. “We just have to go a little closer.”

They all continue forward in search of Shaymin's specific location. They soon arrive in an area filled with Gracidea Flowers. It was an amazing sight to them as well.

“So this is where your ritual takes place?” Rain asked.

“Yes it is,” she said. “Now how long until sunrise.”

Kent looks at his clock, and back at the dawn sky, with a soon-to-be sun approaching.

“We have three minutes,” he replied.

“So what are we waiting for, exactly?” Rain asked.

“Just keep waiting,” Shaymin said. “You'll see!”

They couldn't wait any longer. It was driving them nuts; just what is this ritual that she was supposed to show them?

“Look!” Jessica said, pointing to the Gracidea Flowers.

They try to see what she was looking at, but there was nothing there. They soon notice what appears to be another Shaymin. He looks at it and back to the Shaymin on his shoulders. Soon, two more pop up, and then a few more. They have never seen this many legendary Pokémon at one time.

“Please, let me down!” Shaymin said.

Rain gets to his knees as Shaymin jumps off to meet with the other Shaymin. They were all happy to see her as well.

“This is...incredible!” J.D. said.

“I must say, this is quite the sight,” Kent added.

“Oh, you haven't seen anything yet!” Shaymin said. “Oh, these are my friends. I invited them here to see this ritual of ours. You don't mind, do you?”

They were fine with them being here. Soon, sunrise came as the day finally begins. The Shaymin all begin to glow as they all knew what was coming next. They all transform into their Sky Forme and take to the skies. One by one, they all follow each other as they make a long path of Sky Forme Shaymin. They all split about as they fly in one majestic pattern. This was truly an amazing sight, and they all know it's worth it. The one Shaymin that they've been with goes over to them and bows softly to them.

“Thank you so much!” she said. “I'll never forget you guys!”

“Neither will we,” Rain said.

He pets her on the head and leaves them all to take off and go off to an unknown land to heal with flowers. They all bid farewell to the Shaymin as they take off, hoping to meet someday.

All of these adventures, all of these new friends. And yet...I don't want it to end! I don't know what I would do now, or if I will go on another adventure again. However, I will say this...These memories, I will never forget for the rest of my life.

From my first capture, to my first Gym Battle. To the time I met Jessica and Manny, and even Donovan. As well as all the heroic adventures that I've been on. I'm more than just a trainer, I'm a Pokémon Master.

Thanks to those who've been with it until the end. Thanks to those who've supported this. See you later.

Sad it's over. I liked the adventures of Rain. But when I started reading I knew that it only were 3 parts. But it would be nice to see another part (and that one will be as long as LoS) xD

I can't believe it's over. It seems like Yesterday when I first read this fic. You did a great job. :)

Nice work, Jnoo.

TBH, I've read only the first several and last chaps of this part of Rain's adventure. Too little time and too much work on my own fic.

I just want to say, bravo for going all the way through. That's a lot of work. A lot. And only another writer can now how much. I'd also like to say "thank you" 'cause it was your fic, the first part actually, that got me into fanfiction full-time. Your fic was the one that inspired me to write my own Journey fic.

If you start a new project, do notify me. Aladar, out. :)

D: :bawlng: I can't believe its actually over.
It was indeed a nice final battle..and who knew I would actually feel bad for Roy at some point..
Bringing back Ket was nice..I didnt think we'd see him again.
Seeing them all together was really great..especially with thr friendship puzzle.
Well, a great end to an excellent series. I definitely look forward to perhaps seeing more of your writing in the future :)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom