• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

So happy to see Serena in the anime! i lover her too! The Clemont little sister look so adorable! i hope she doesn't turn annoying like Max did.
So, no Brock returning after all... :D

No older male character makes me wonder if the rumors about Ash being older could be true. Serena and Ash look the same age with Clemont being a bit younger and Bonnie being around Max's age if not younger. Not to mention the mysterious man in the shadows could be interesting too. Weird thing is in the preview we had Ash battling someone when Alexis,Bonnie and Clemont watch but no Alexis on the poster yet Serena was not in the preview.... so I find that very weird...

what preview are you talking about

The one a few weeks ago that had Ash battling someone with Alexis,Clemont and Bonnie watching

that preview doesnt exists

That may be true, but there is still the idea that the only reason he didn't get gimped is that there was a companion to act as the noob instead of him.

No older male character makes me wonder if the rumors about Ash being older could be true. Serena and Ash look the same age with Clemont being a bit younger and Bonnie being around Max's age if not younger. Not to mention the mysterious man in the shadows could be interesting too. Weird thing is in the preview we had Ash battling someone when Alexis,Bonnie and Clemont watch but no Alexis on the poster yet Serena was not in the preview.... so I find that very weird...

what preview are you talking about

The one a few weeks ago that had Ash battling someone with Alexis,Clemont and Bonnie watching

that preview doesnt exists

Yes it does it was right after the BW previews like maybe 2 or three weeks ago

Clearly it is a thing since I have it here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu40z0VILZY

Serena pins me as 15 to 17, though knowing how puberty works she could be younger. Ash doesn't seem any older than 11 or 12 in the preview, though I'm betting he's 10.

Anyway, this is interesting. I didn't expect Clemont. I expected bug lady.

Serena pins me as 15 to 17, though knowing how puberty works she could be younger. Ash doesn't seem any older than 11 or 12 in the preview, though I'm betting he's 10.

Anyway, this is interesting. I didn't expect Clemont. I expected bug lady.

Really? She looks the same age as Ash to me. Kinda hoping they aged him to 13. And if he stays 13 for another 16 seasons so be it. Many people thought he did age till BW confirmed it but the weird thing about that is Ash looked kinda younger in BW then in DP which I never understood unless they actually de aged him for a certain reason. But I mean even making Ash 13 would not be a bad move. Beyblade,Bakugan,IE etc are aimed at the same age range and most of those characters are at least 13 if not older. The way I see the anime is to promote the games and merch but I know highschoolers and older who buy the games and merch and I know in Japan older people to so too.

Even though I didn't want Clemont and Bonnie, Serena being here makes it all worth it.

Also hey, who knows, maybe Clemont and Bonnie turn out lovable. XD

Noooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Not Clemont. I wanted Cilan to stay! Why?

Based on the last few BW series episodes and summaries it was pretty clear he was leaving, lets face it they just didn't care about he guy. Hope they treat Clemont better...

So, we are back to a four person group, YES! That's what I wanted, can't wait for that. Ash /Bonnie will be soo adorable together, like an older brother little sister type relationship.

Also, if Salena is a traveling companion than this will be the first time hey'll be traveling with two girls, that's going to drive him crazyXD

Really pleased that we're getting Serena in the anime. I really liked Iris, but having the female player character as a member of the cast is an awesome idea. Considering that, I guess my big hope is that she has a goal similar to Haruka and Hikari's. Not necessarily that it has to be contests (though it would make sense, considering what we know about Kalos) but that it has definitive, obtainable objectives, like getting five ribbons. Considering the surplus of rivals that the games gives us, I wonder if we'll see them split between Satoshi and Serena or how'll they work that in.

A four person group was definitely unexpected, though! Assuming we get one, it'll be interesting seeing what kind of synergy goes on there.

Not necessarily that it has to be contests (though it would make sense, considering what we know about Kalos) but that it has definitive, obtainable objectives, like getting five ribbons.
If the games had a Contest-like sidequest, I don't see it would still be kept a secret a month before the release.

Not necessarily that it has to be contests (though it would make sense, considering what we know about Kalos) but that it has definitive, obtainable objectives, like getting five ribbons.
If the games had a Contest-like sidequest, I don't see it would still be kept a secret a month before the release.

I know, but I'm not suggesting that it would. The anime has been comfortable giving characters goals that don't explicitly come from games before - i.e. Pokemon Sommelier - so my hope is that whatever they give Serena for a goal, it has clear, obtainable steps, like gym badges, even if it's something that's anime-only.

I hope Serena collects badges just like Ash.

Even if she's a travelling companion, I don't care. :I

I know, but I'm not suggesting that it would. The anime has been comfortable giving characters goals that don't explicitly come from games before - i.e. Pokemon Sommelier - so my hope is that whatever they give Serena for a goal, it has clear, obtainable steps, like gym badges, even if it's something that's anime-only.
A player character being given an anime-exclusive sidequest? That would be rather jarring.

I hope Serena collects badges just like Ash.

Even if she's a travelling companion, I don't care. :I

As long as they manage to keep each of their gym battles from being too similar, I'd honestly be okay with that.

A player character being given an anime-exclusive sidequest? That would be rather jarring.

That's a fair point, although I'm not sure it's all that different for me than changing Takeshi into a Breeder then a Doctor. What would you prefer they do with Serena, then?

Last edited:
That's a fair point, although I'm not sure it's all that different for me than changing Takeshi into a Breeder then a Doctor. What would you prefer they do with Serena, then?
First of all, I am not convinced that she's a traveling companion. She can also be a rival in the games (the main rival, in fact) and this wouldn't be the first time a poster tricked us into thinking that a rival was a main character. But regardless of who the main female character is, I want her to focus on Mega Evolution and Super Training. I suggested the idea for Korrina, but it could also work for Serena.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom