• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

I am late to the party!! Could someone tell me what is confirmed so far?

Based on the poster, it seems like Serena, Clemont and Bonnie join the cast. It also seems like Team Rocket is returning based on Meowth and Wobbuffet being included with the other Pokemon too.

I also forgot to mention how cool it is to see Mega Lucario on the poster, if only because we get to see regular Lucario in the XY series at some point.

So, it has yet be confirmed whether Serena joins or not?
And oh my god!! haven't we had enough with team rocket? thank you though :)

I think Clemont looks absolutely ridiculous so I'm hoping the personality he has is enjoyable enough to make me look past the design.

Disappointed in a new small kid. I think a 3 person setup works better.

Don't lean either way on Serena.

I wonder if Yuji Ueda will be voicing Sonansu, seems weird he'd stick around just to do that one Pokemon character since he's not a regular anymore since Brock left, and I don't think he did any voices in Best Wishes for any minor character or Pokemon.

I'm sure they could find someone else to pull of Sonansu's voice though, it seems like it'd be easy to impersonate.

I wonder if Yuji Ueda will be voicing Sonansu, seems weird he'd stick around just to do that one Pokemon character since he's not a regular anymore since Brock left, and I don't think he did any voices in Best Wishes for any minor character or Pokemon.
He actually voiced Shizui/Marlon.

yuji ueda is on the cast list, along with all the usuals. as we know brock is not returning, he is on there for wobba.

besides the current cast regulars (minus dento and iris of course) the "new" additions are these people:
Mariya Ise - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yūki Kaji - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
along with the woman who played shaymin's voice (she has no english wikipedia page).

so those three may be clemont, serena and bonnie. maybe. big maybe.

Okay, so they changed Clemont's glasses so he didn't look as weird....I kind of liked the look he has in the Sugimori Art, but as a main character, I understand while they did that.

I personally think Clemont looks better in anime form than the Sugimori art. I know Sugimori's art is pretty much the characters' gold standard, but some of it just looks a little weirder than how they look in the games or anime. (Sylveon is another one who comes to mind)

It's neat that they are going back to the 4-person dynamic. I'm betting Serena is the one who does the cooking this time around and hopefully she isn't a totally girly girl like Dawn was. Bonnie will probably be it, and it would be nice if she had a companion Pokemon with her, while not necessarily being a battler. Flabebe or Swirlix? As long as she isn't a Max v.2, she'll be fine.

Another guess is the woman who gives them the Kalos starters. A subordinate of Sycamore?

I'll try not to have high expectations for this, so I can be surprised more easily! ;) well, less disappointed...

So, it has yet be confirmed whether Serena joins or not?
And oh my god!! haven't we had enough with team rocket? thank you though :)

Not yet as it is possible that she could be the rival. While the idea of the main rival being a girl does sound potentially interesting, I'd much rather have Serena being in the cast. I'm leading more towards her being in the cast at the moment, but that part hasn't been confirmed yet. I imagine that it will once we get a trailer from Pokemon Smash this weekend. You're welcome. ^_^

If Serena was was Ash's main rival, had the same experience as him region wise, and we actually had a balanced rivalry (have them go back and forth, learn from their defeats of each other), culminating in th league with either of them winning (Top 4?)....I'd be perfectly fine with that. Of course, give her an interesting quirk to make her stand out.

I really hope Clemont doesn't stay in that suit for the whole series.
"Nurse Joy please heal Dedenne!" *slaps Nurse Joy with a mechanical arm.

Speaking of Nurse Joy, have we got any word on what the Joys/Jennys will look like this time around? I hope they go back to their original designs, or at least get a better redesign, since the BW versions seems a bit... I dunno... odd compared to their every-other-region counterparts. Guess it's probably too soon to know, but I would like to know how they look before the series starts.

A bit late to the party, but I'm immensely happy about Wobbuffet's return. Tbh, it's my favorite character.

Well i guess since i will have to put up with Clemont for about another 120 or so episodes, the only thing left to do is go to my corner

wait... what did he do so far that was so aggravating? i must have missed that he's done anything at all

He reminds me and looks pretty similar to a character by the name of Jason Fox from a cartoon strip called Foxtrot who is also the super nerd type and comes off whiny and annoying to to others around him. I get quite annoyed with my brother who obsesses over the FOxtrot cartoon and Jason and Clemont look similar and thats the first thing i think of whenever i see Clemont
Clemont-Pokemon-X-and_Y.jpg
this is jason
jason.gif
I was Hoping for Grant but to me when a supporting character comes along and the first thing that comes to my head is an annoying character from another sereis, my opinion isnt going to be the most receptive. But my opinion may change depending on how he is handled. i will probily like him more if he becomes the comedy releif and has pokemon trying to chase and attack him like what happened to Iris in the begining of BW. But If Clemont is going to be the new main travel partner then ill get over it. I just was hoping for someone else. I havent really been too impressed with most of the designs of the Supporting/gym leader characters since gen 4. When i first saw him i was just not impressed. i wasnt a big fan of the robo and satellite arms. but hey thats me and my opinion may change like depending on how he reacts with ash and co

Last edited:
Seeing as none of them seem to be main characters now, I think it'd be interesting if Shauna, Tierno and Trevor were some alternate-world anime trio traveling around Kalos on their Pokemon journey at the same time, occasionally crossing paths with Ash and co where he is one of their rivals in their minds. I mean, surely Ash isn't the only trainer in the world traveling with two friends? (or 3 in this case)

Seeing as none of them seem to be main characters now, I think it'd be interesting if Shauna, Tierno and Trevor were some alternate-world anime trio traveling around Kalos on their Pokemon journey at the same time, occasionally crossing paths with Ash and co where he is one of their rivals in their minds. I mean, surely Ash isn't the only trainer in the world traveling with two friends? (or 3 in this case)
that sounds like a cool idea! Hopefully we can see them as Ash's main rivals instead of characters like Cameron.

that sounds like a cool idea! Hopefully we can see them as Ash's main rivals instead of characters like Cameron.

As long as they show up fairly early in the series and aren't relegated to one episode. *eyes certain BW characters*

Whoa, I totally missed this poster.

I'm not complaining about the group choice, actually. Because, for once, it seems like Ash is going to be the role model character - rather than his male friend (Brock/Tracey/Dent).

Was it confirmed that Ash would be the oldest male in the group? i wonder who's going to do the cooking for the group ;P

I'll be disappointed if Serena is Ash's traveling partner. They'll turn her into another annoying tsundere who bitches out Ash. Doubtless that will affect how Game!Serena is viewed - they won't treat her with the same respect as Calem. (The male player characters are lucky enough to generally only be in the games and manga. Then again, the manga DID screw up Nate big time.)

So here's the big question: How does Clemont get away with leaving his gym to go traveling? Does he have robots that can run it while he's gone? Or perhaps Ash trashed his gym like he's done so many bikes before.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom