• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

I think that the TRio will get Skrelp too as it is together with them. It is a bit hard to see but it is under the robot arm. So out of this picture TRio will have:
Malimar/Inkay
Pancham
Wobbuffet
Skrelp

So we have a character on the main cast with a giant mecha-grabby-arm and supposedly Team Rocket back considering Meowth/Wobbuffet - how am I supposed to believe any high-tech Team Rocket capture plot now? A grab arm comes in to catch Pikachu and then Clemont sends his one straight back at them?
Then Clemont destroys TR's mechas by stealing the most important parts, or sending his own mecha out to ruin them.
Sounds like comedy gold to me.

So we have a character on the main cast with a giant mecha-grabby-arm and supposedly Team Rocket back considering Meowth/Wobbuffet - how am I supposed to believe any high-tech Team Rocket capture plot now? A grab arm comes in to catch Pikachu and then Clemont sends his one straight back at them?
Then Clemont destroys TR's mechas by stealing the most important parts, or sending his own mecha out to ruin them.
That's probably what it'll end up with. The first few times, though, I imagine Clemont would fanboy or rage madly over TR's mechas, depending on how well the mechas are built. Thus Clemont would:
- Panic when Ash inevitably ends up destroying the mecha and cry girly tears (if fanboying)
- Completely trash the mecha in blind rage over how unethical TR are with using technology for bad things, or maybe criticise the construction to humiliating pieces (if raging)

I hope he's passionate about technology at least!

I'll be disappointed if Serena is Ash's traveling partner. They'll turn her into another annoying tsundere who bitches out Ash. Doubtless that will affect how Game!Serena is viewed - they won't treat her with the same respect as Calem. (The male player characters are lucky enough to generally only be in the games and manga. Then again, the manga DID screw up Nate big time.)

Serena doesn't look like a girl who will have that kind of attitude especially coming straight after Iris so I wouldn't worry about that. A far as the game boys goes, we wouldn't really have known what kind of personality they would have had because some were never given lines or appearances the show.

Good idea. Let's make Serena a sidekick who always agrees with everything that Ash says, as stupid as it is, and never calls him out on anything and always, simply ALWAYS agrees with him. Also, she worships him.

I think that would work for you guys, right?

As for me, I wouldn't mind a girl willing to stand up to Ash when the situation calls for it.

There's a difference between standing up for yourself and what misty and iris does which is more or less belittle ash for personal amusement.

There's a difference between standing up for yourself and what misty and iris does which is more or less belittle ash for personal amusement.
Except it's not for their own personal amusement. It's called teasing and Ash really acts like a kid sometimes. And not a Charizard in the world can change that.

As Jim Ross would say, GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY!!

Its Hoenn again,

Ash, main character from the games, gym leader, small kid :eek:

I always took it as mere teasing between a young boy and girl. I wouldn't think the insinuation would be sadism, like in other anime.

The only real problem was how one sided the teasing was between Ash and Iris.

The only real problem was how one sided the teasing was between Ash and Iris.

I'd blame society for that one. Iris is allowed to tease Ash, but not the other way around.

Honestly, I think that the way men are now viewed is a very serious problem that the general public needs to address, but that's not really a discussion for this particular thread.

That's probably what it'll end up with. The first few times, though, I imagine Clemont would fanboy or rage madly over TR's mechas, depending on how well the mechas are built. Thus Clemont would:
- Panic when Ash inevitably ends up destroying the mecha and cry girly tears (if fanboying)
That would be hilarious to see Clemont react just like Byron did to the holes team rocket dug in DP
- Completely trash the mecha in blind rage over how unethical TR are with using technology for bad things,
Well if he does that, i could see him been know for big long speeches on the power of Friendshi...I mean Technology and that we have to trust in the Heart of the Car... er...technology to help us.
or maybe criticise the construction to humiliating pieces (if raging)
I would love to here him compare TR's exploding Mechas to the Ford Pinto, compare the ones that fall apart to the unsafe Toyota echos, and call the ugly designed ones comparable to being designed by the same people who designed the Nissan Leaf and Juke. Id love for that to happen but it wont likely :(

just a notice, smash is promising new pokemon and new characters who will be in the anime today. so i have high hopes. kind of. it is pokesmash after all.

So was Serena confirmed to be travelling with Ash on Smash? The wording on serebii is ambiguous.

I hope not. Ash needs a break from Main Rivals. They make him look weak and pathetic and he looked a little too pathetic in BW so he needs all the redemption he can get in XY.

I hope not. Ash needs a break from Main Rivals. They make him look weak and pathetic and he looked a little too pathetic in BW so he needs all the redemption he can get in XY.

I don't really think they do. Rivals are a great way for the anime to push Ash on to a higher plain as a trainer. Even though he kept losing to Paul, for instance, we got one of the best battles the anime has to offer as a result. There is absolutely no shame in losing, though, especially when he's training a team of new recruits. It's to be expected. If Gary, a kid that started out with next to no experience, can be Brock within a few weeks of becoming a trainer, then there's nothing wrong with someone relatively new beating Ash. It happens. It's part of being a trainer or, really, participating in any kind of competition.

That stated, I do hope Serena ends up as part of the main cast rather than as a recurring rival. I have a feeling she will, though.

I don't really think they do. Rivals are a great way for the anime to push Ash on to a higher plain as a trainer. Even though he kept losing to Paul, for instance, we got one of the best battles the anime has to offer as a result. There is absolutely no shame in losing, though, especially when he's training a team of new recruits. It's to be expected. If Gary, a kid that started out with next to no experience, can be Brock within a few weeks of becoming a trainer, then there's nothing wrong with someone relatively new beating Ash. It happens. It's part of being a trainer or, really, participating in any kind of competition.

That stated, I do hope Serena ends up as part of the main cast rather than as a recurring rival. I have a feeling she will, though.

I get what you mean but it's just Ash doesn't always need a rival to be pushed as AG proved. I agree but tell that to the fandom who continuously bash Trip who after the 1st battle always beat BW Ash despite Ash using a new team. At this point it's better if they take a break from rivals so they can put more focus on it in the next generation and hopefully try harder as well.

I get what you mean but it's just Ash doesn't always need a rival to be pushed as AG proved. I agree but tell that to the fandom who continuously bash Trip who after the 1st battle always beat BW Ash despite Ash using a new team. At this point it's better if they take a break from rivals so they can put more focus on it in the next generation and hopefully try harder as well.

While the removal of rivals would be an interesting development, given that there looks to be many rival trainers in X&Y I highly doubt they'll be removing the rival concept from the X&Y anime.

While the removal of rivals would be an interesting development, given that there looks to be many rival trainers in X&Y I highly doubt they'll be removing the rival concept from the X&Y anime.

Atm only 2 are confirmed rivals so I'm not sure whether Tiernor and Trevor are rivals yet. It's possible Ash might not get a main rival since no one was shown when they were showcasing some characters where in DP & BW Paul and Trip were shown pretty early. So I'd think that if Serena is a companion she might get a rival like May did.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom