• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon XY Corocoro poster!

Atm only 2 are confirmed rivals so I'm not sure whether Tiernor and Trevor are rivals yet. It's possible Ash might not get a main rival since no one was shown when they were showcasing some characters where in DP & BW Paul and Trip were shown pretty early. So I'd think that if Serena is a companion she might get a rival like May did.

What if Serena is a companion and a rival?

The trouble with that is, if they have the same goal and are traveling together you end up showing most gym battles twice, along with a lot of other general overlap. Unless she has another goal and keep trying to get Ash to compete with her in it. "Ash! I bet you can't beat me at Super Training today!" "But I wanna go challenge the gym-" "SUPER TRAINING."

im wandering why they showed a charterer card of viola along with team rocket and Serena clemont and bonnie

The trouble with that is, if they have the same goal and are traveling together you end up showing most gym battles twice, along with a lot of other general overlap. Unless she has another goal and keep trying to get Ash to compete with her in it. "Ash! I bet you can't beat me at Super Training today!" "But I wanna go challenge the gym-" "SUPER TRAINING."

Honestly, I wouldn't mind such a thing. Black and White's anime was much too short, and The Pokemon Company know it. Since this is the first generation on a new handheld, I won't be surprised if we get two 80 episode seasons that encompass leading up to the Pokemon League.

Something that'd be cool would be if, as you brought up, Super Training had a major focus. Ash could battle gyms, and Serena could partake in Super Training, then they have occasional face-offs like regular rivals do. Super Training could present trainers with badges that get them into the Pokemon League too, just to test their strength.

Oh, a thought: what if we had 80 Kalos episodes, and 80 Hoenn episodes: Ash faces the Kalos gyms, and Serena faces the Hoenn gyms (although it'd be much more fast tracked). If we end up getting those Ruby/Sapphire remakes this could indeed happen.

I understand why you'd say that, but why promote along with the main cast especial since she is most likely a one off character like most gym leaders are

Probably because of her connection with Alexa who will at most be a important XY recurring character.

I understand why you'd say that, but why promote along with the main cast especial since she is most likely a one off character like most gym leaders are

Probably because of her connection with Alexa who will at most be a important XY recurring character.

That still doesnt warrant her to be promoted along with the main cast. think back to papa juniper he only appeared twice the second time over 3 episodes, and if i remember correctly he wasn't promoted at all. Now if her card was shown after the main cast i could see that. idk i just think theres more too it

That still doesnt warrant her to be promoted along with the main cast. think back to papa juniper he only appeared twice the second time over 3 episodes, and if i remember correctly he wasn't promoted at all. Now if her card was shown after the main cast i could see that. idk i just think theres more too it

That makes sense but try not to think too into it so you don't get disappointed if it doesn't end up like that.

Interestingly enough though we got no potential main rival candidates shown. For the past 2 series teh main rival was usually shown really early.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken essentially take Xerneas and Yveltal's place on the poster?

Am I the only one who finds it weird that Mega Lucario and Mega Blaziken essentially take Xerneas and Yveltal's place on the poster?
Nah, I'm sure they will get their places on new posters soon enough. I take it they put them there merely to emphasize the presence of Mega Evolutions. Plus, posters mean little. Reshiram and Zekrom were shown in Best Wishes posters before, but aside from Reshiram appearing in episode N and Ash spotting Zekrom in episode 1, their presence in the posters meant nothing.

Nah, I'm sure they will get their places on new posters soon enough.
What new poster? I don't see any reason to expect one anytime soon unless Serena isn't actually a main character.

I take it they put them there merely to emphasize the presence of Mega Evolutions.
They didn't have to make them so prominent.

Plus, posters mean little. Reshiram and Zekrom were shown in Best Wishes posters before, but aside from Reshiram appearing in episode N and Ash spotting Zekrom in episode 1, their presence in the posters meant nothing.
I'm just saying that it looks odd. It's precisely because Zekrom and Reshiram had minor roles that there is a good reason to be worried about Xerneas and Yveltal. By the way, the dragons only appeared in the preliminary poster (that lacked Ash), but not in the main one.

Nah, I'm sure they will get their places on new posters soon enough. I take it they put them there merely to emphasize the presence of Mega Evolutions. Plus, posters mean little. Reshiram and Zekrom were shown in Best Wishes posters before, but aside from Reshiram appearing in episode N and Ash spotting Zekrom in episode 1, their presence in the posters meant nothing.
New posters? There are two posters, the teaser and the definite. Rare to see two poster and inedit. I hope that you don't expect that because you probably have to wait weeks to see the poster.

However, which is rare to this point is that the official site of the XY anime series is still redirecting (like since 1th August) to the Best Wishes page.

The rare thing is that Smash honts that the group are formed of 5 people!!!
-Ash
-Serena
-Viola
-Clemont
-Bonnie.

They are really travelling with such number of companions!?

For me, the poster and the Smash preview (specially the latter) are confusing me for various reasons.

I wonder if she has a crush on Ash or something. I don't mind this kind of stuff, but I'd prefer if they focus the show in more important things.

Pancham's teeth are really weird and Malamar is looking great in the poster, btw.

Pokemon and romance (well, human x human romance) don't bend well in this show. Since Kalos is a France based region, it's possible to see some hearts in the air, but keeping low expectatives. Serena could be an Ash's fan (like that Joy fangirl from BF) or he left a strong impression on her. Really, we know nothing about that girl beside the poster and Shokotan's comment, I prefer watch her role first and, with the complete gang, decide if I'll follow XY or no.

im wandering why they showed a charterer card of viola along with team rocket and Serena clemont and bonnie

Most likely because she is the first Gym Leader Ash will face.

They did a Roark image when DP was coming out. So I don't get why they can't show Viola. Especially when she's Alexa's sister.

That poster makes me so hyped!

I LOVED AG's 4-people team. And I loved having an actual trainer sharing the main spotlight with Satoshi during the DP and AG series.

I hope this really means we'll get 3 companions for him. And I suppose we always had the older responsible guy around. Might be a good change of pace to not have one this time.

If this is either the same level or better than AG in terms of battles and writing, I'm gonna love XY.

WOBUFFET!! I just noticed him there! Oh man, so excited.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom