• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review Pokemon XY New Years Special! Classic Episodes + New Episode Previews!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garren

Onduru ruragittan disukaa
Reaction score
There's no thread about this yet despite airing later today, but I feel some people would be interested in it in being reminded.

The XY New Years Special has two parts:

We Will Show You Everything! Pokémon Episode 1 Special!!
5:40 AM-7:30 AM Japanese time

They're airing the first episode of the Original Series, Advanced Generation, Diamond and Pearl, and Best Wishes. Great for a trip down nostalgia lane (or experiencing a new discovery if you've yet to see older series in their original Japanese)

Complete Overview! Pokémon XY Special!!
7:30 AM-8:25 AM Japanese time

A quick look at what's happened so far in Pokemon XY, as well as a sneak peek at episodes airing next year!

We Will Show You Everything! Pokémon Episode 1 Special!!
5:40 AM-7:30 AM Japanese time

They're airing the first episode of the Original Series, Advanced Generation, Diamond and Pearl, and Best Wishes. Great for a trip down nostalgia lane (or experiencing a new discovery if you've yet to see older series in their original Japanese)

Neat! :)

Time for the new generation to learn their roots!

Nice! :) what time does this air in the east coast (US)?

If I'm calculating this right, the old episodes begin at 3:40 PM EST, with the Clip Show at 5:30 PM EST.

So in the next hour it begins.

Yay! they're airing the 1st episode!! OMG, what a trip down memory lane. :p

it's not really that special considering how frequent the older episodes still air on CN and boomerang. You do know this is for only japan right?

it's not really that special considering how frequent the older episodes still air on CN and boomerang. You do know this is for only japan right?

Eh I'm watching this special right now, they already aired the first episode of OS, AG and DP and now BW001 is just starting. Not everyday you see the 1st episode in its original language, it's something special for me. :p seeing the AG japanese opening gave me goosebumps, can't believe that saga started airing 11 years ago...

Only 1/2 hour left for XY preview! :-D

It looks like they're reaching Cyllage City soon? There was a scene where Ash and co were looking over a town on the beach.

It seems Malamar is the one controlling Pikachu.

Diantha and Mega Gardevoir look awesome and OMGF Viola has a Mega Surskit, that thing was taking Onix like a boss..

Last edited:
Meh, they didn't really show much that wasn't shown in the preview of the preview we got weeks ago. The evolved form of the squid and its master was a bit creepy, I guess.

Wow. I think those previews was awsome! :D They got me really hyped!
and seeing Mega Gardevoir was also great. Did Gardevoir had a necklace that was the Gardevoirnite? and that Malamar was creepy xD
And it also looked like we got to see the Battle Chateu. Maybe it's a hint for Serene's goal :p Who knows.

But Am so hyped it's not even funny!

Did Gardevoir had a necklace that was the Gardevoirnite?

Yup. And that's probably the first time ever in the history of the anime since the introduction of items that a Pokemon has actually used one in battle. Albeit against Team Rocket, but it still sort of counts.

-After Movie 13, I don't trust Pichu's. I wonder what the hell this one's gonna bring us....
-That Chateau scene was gorgeously shot. Real depth going for it.
-Grant's suit is so boss. I wish that was his in game look.....
-I wonder if the Malamar lady is gonna be something like this generations Hunter J.

The guy who sat next to Ash in Viola vs Grant did not look like a random character appearing for some seconds. New rival maybe?

I couldn't watch it and now I am searching in the internet for it. The only thing that I have found so far is the XY series special along the upcomings preview. Does anyone know where can I watch the other series first episodes? And if so, where they in HD animation or just like the old times?

I couldn't watch it and now I am searching in the internet for it. The only thing that I have found so far is the XY series special along the upcomings preview. Does anyone know where can I watch the other series first episodes? And if so, where they in HD animation or just like the old times?
Sorry, we can't help you find full episodes online. That violates our rules on copyright infringement.

Also, I should lock this thread since it seems all the things covered here have threads. But if you have any questions, you can go ahead and message me any time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom