• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

Greninja, Noivern, Mega Sceptile, Alan, Lysandre, new Zygarde forms, OMG HYPE AT 1000% O______O

I just saw a guy on Youtube saying Xerosic will appear in the anime!? is that true!? finally Team Flare in the anime? *.*
He was on the other scan, and you could barely see him. You can also spot Mable.

aNfUDwKs.jpg
4OZCw4Q.png

I dunno why people keep thinking that Mega Sceptile belongs to Shota. Where is he on the poster? He's nowhere because only Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie are in the poster.

Besides, a kid with only one badge is highly unlikely to get a Mega Evolution at this point in the series. Even if he does get a Mega Sceptile, it's most likely not going to be shown until his next appearance....WAY far into the future.

I know that people want Mega Sceptile to be Sawyer/Shota's because they want to see Mega Charizard Y with Ash, but think about it, if he gets another Fire/Flying type, his team is highly unbalanced with 4/6 of his pokemon being weak to Electric. He already has a Fire/Flying with Talonflame, so a repeated dual-typing is unlikely going to happen. Besides, Mega charizard is already Alain's signature Pokemon, we don't need to see the anime filled with Charizard because enough is enough.

I dunno why people keep thinking that Mega Sceptile belongs to Shota. Where is he on the poster? He's nowhere because only Ash, Serena, Clemont and Bonnie are in the poster.

Besides, a kid with only one badge is highly unlikely to get a Mega Evolution at this point in the series. Even if he does get a Mega Sceptile, it's most likely not going to be shown until his next appearance....WAY far into the future.

I know that people want Mega Sceptile to be Sawyer/Shota's because they want to see Mega Charizard Y with Ash, but think about it, if he gets another Fire/Flying type, his team is highly unbalanced with 4/6 of his pokemon being weak to Electric. He already has a Fire/Flying with Talonflame, so a repeated dual-typing is unlikely going to happen. Besides, Mega charizard is already Alain's signature Pokemon, we don't need to see the anime filled with Charizard because enough is enough.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

No reason to put Sawyer's Mega Sceptile (Sawyer getting Mega Sceptile being unlikely as it given his portrayal as a total newbie and rookie in XY series) on the poster without Sawyer. Not to mention that rivals never get involved in villain teams' plot. So why would Sawyer suddenly get involved? I'm sorry, but story-wise and character-wise it makes no sense for him to have a Mega Sceptile yet.

And I bet Greninja has a new form or something similar to that.

Greninja, Noivern, Mega Sceptile, Alan, Lysandre, new Zygarde forms, OMG HYPE AT 1000% O______O

I just saw a guy on Youtube saying Xerosic will appear in the anime!? is that true!? finally Team Flare in the anime? *.*
He was on the other scan, and you could barely see him. You can also spot Mable.

aNfUDwKs.jpg
4OZCw4Q.png

Awesome!! I did not notice that, thanks, I hope the Team Flare arc will be a great one. :-D

:eek: Can it really be?! I feel like I woke up this morning into some kind of alternate reality... Let the hype commence!

I wonder if the new opening will be a new song or a remix of the current opening. I also wonder if XY092 will end with Next Time... A New Beginning as BW084 (last episode prior to BW Season 2) did.

Yes, I feel like the XY&Z series is more akin to the Best Wishes 2 series: an arc which happens into the Badge Quest and that introduces the next game into the anime.

BW Season 2 started the episode after Ash obtained his eighth Unova badge. Assuming Ash vs. Olympia (and Ash obtaining her badge) occurs on the Oct 22 episode, Ash should only fight one GL in XY + Z.

Whoa!! I just woke up... and this is so interesting.

First I'm glad the little cute Noibat gets to evolve to the bad-ass Noivern.
I'm not sure if Greninja is mega or not, although it looks different, the potentially mega-form looks pretty much like Greninja (without the change)

I can see Ash's Sceptile returning, and I don't think it's Shota/Sawyer's. Shota is not in the poster, and I don't think they're going to put the pokemon and not the trainer in the poster. If Sceptile is Shota's, people can argue that Noivern belongs to Alexa/Pansy lol.

Anyways, I'm very excited for this series! Team Flare, Alain being in the main series... WOW!

You know what I'd really want? To see the Looker/Emma story in the anime. But I realize that's probably unlikely and at best we'll probably just see Looker alone helping against Team Flare...

This is really awesome news. I consider this more as a title change rather than a new series. It kind of reminds me of when they changed BW to Best Wishes Season 2 to tie in with B2/W2. The main difference in this case is that they're changing the title to tie in with a new game before it comes out. It makes sense to do that now that they'll be focused more on bringing Alain and Team Flare in the main series, but I don't consider XY & Z to be a separate series. It's a new arc.

The reveals for Ash's team are quite interesting. I'm surprised that Noibat apparently evolves into a Noivern. While that does sound pretty cool, I am a bit worried about how they'll pull that off. Noibat is adorable, but it hasn't gotten much focus from what I've heard and it only knows one move thus far. We don't know when exactly it will evolve, so it could get more development and learn more moves before evolving, but I am worried that they'll rush through it. I would hate for Noibat to end up like Goodra in the sense that they rush through its evolution and just constantly say that it has gotten stronger without showing it training to get stronger. That would make Noibat's evolution pretty forced and unsatisfying, which is pretty much how I felt about Goodra. I'm kind of hoping that they'll save its evolution for around the time the Kalos League starts since that would give them a good amount of time to help give Noibat development.

Ash's Greninja is also quite surprising. I really doubt that it's a Mega Evolution. It doesn't look significantly different from regular Greninja and I doubt that they'd refer to it as "Ash Greninja" if it was a Mega Pokemon. It could maybe tie in with some new feature from the new game. Maybe if you develop a close bond with your Kalos Starter Pokemon in the new game, they gain a slightly different form that features colors associated with their trainer.

The Mega Sceptile is a huge surprise. I didn't even see it there at first. I'd still like to see Ash get a Mega Charizard Y so that they could have a battle between the two Mega Charizard forms at some point and so there would be a reason as to why they brought Charizard back during BW in the first place, but I wouldn't mind it if he does have a Mega Sceptile. It would be more unexpected and it would be a surprising way to give him a Grass type Pokemon for his team. I'm still surprised that he hasn't gotten a Skiddo though since that would really fit with Ash.

I am glad that they're finally getting ready to have Team Flare in the anime. Hopefully, they'll be more interesting than they were in X/Y and including elements from the new game, like the Zygarde forms, could certainly help in that regard.

I wonder if the new opening will be a new song or a remix of the current opening. I also wonder if XY092 will end with Next Time... A New Beginning as BW084 (last episode prior to BW Season 2) did.
I personally think we can expect a brand new opening with a new song.

GetterBanBan doesn't seem fitting for an opening that might include Team Flare and Zygarde.

BW Season 2 started the episode after Ash obtained his eighth Unova badge. Assuming Ash vs. Olympia (and Ash obtaining her badge) occurs on the Oct 22 episode, Ash should only fight one GL in XY + Z.
Not only Ash's badge quest, but Serena's key quest - depending on whether she wins or loses, she has one/two more key(s) to get.

Oh my, while this news sounds awesome, I'm getting worried for watching the whole series including next year's movie. Personally, I don't have much issue to tuned it 1-2 week later because I need subtitles as I'm not Japanese, but with these spoilers connecting into ONE giant arc, it may gonna be a heck of my time. Movies comes out later after the main episodes/special so this is practically confusing.

The arc itself turned from a separate topic filler and now it became a MCU copy-cat.

On the subject of Ash Greninja, i'm kind of wondering whether the form will be obtainable as a one-off Wi-Fi event in Z to tie the anime and games together for the 20th Anniversary. Having said that, if that were the case it might make more sense for Pikachu to have received this cosmetic treatment. It would be awesome if it's promoting a new game mechanic, though.

Ash's team is shaping up very nicely. Other than the huge Flying-type bias (which admittedly has all the weaknesses patched up with dual types - Hawlucha not being weak to Rock, for instance), I feel it could equal his DP team in terms of strength. M-Sceptile would be a brilliant addition if the one in the poster is Ash's and much deserved too after it defeated Tobias's otherwise undefeated Darkrai in the Sinnoh League. Mega Evolution would take its power and character development onto a higher plane.

It certainly looks promising. Mega Sceptile might be for Ash being Senior to Shota related. Which I kinda like the thought of him being some kind of "competent sensei".
We also get a wink of Pokemon Z-Version. With that, I'm pretty sure they go back to the usual "special version for each new generation game" though it might not, but it's not too important.
Still don't like Noibat/Noivern but what can I do? Can't always be perfectly fitting my taste. Could still be good because I was a bit disappointed in XY lately. Well, until then, when we'll see.

I guess we can assume there's gonna be a new opening, huh?

Maybe that's why Getta BanBan was not updated last week......Official CoroCoro or the Pokemon Fan Magazine may give us details regarding the new opening..

Amazing news! I'm hyped. The XY anime finally does something risky after 2 years. It will be interesting to see Ash vs Alain vs Team Flare, while both Zygarde Core and Greninja evolve into their definite forms.

Some people might be worried that this seems like a fusion between Best Wishes season 2 and Episode N, but I'm confident that it will be better paced than those two.

I think MegaSceptile will be like the Therian formes in the BWS2 poster, we won't know its true meaning until 3-4 months from now.

I hope we get both a new opening and ending with a dark and epic theme. Be an Arrow 2013 had some dark footage but a friendly song, so it was a weird opening in my opinion.

XY and Z? So Z's supposed to be a new core version? Awesome!

So Z's supposed to be a new core version? Awesome!

Whatever made you think otherwise :confused:

Though this makes me very curious. A while ago I started wondering if this meant that Z Version would come out earlier than the usual fall release next year, and all this new info has me wondering it even more... :-/

Last edited:
Though this makes me very curious. A while ago I started wondering if this meant that Z Version would come out earlier than the usual fall release, and all this new info has me wondering it even more... :-/
I hope by come out you don't mean released because there's no way we're getting a game this year.

Next year, most likely.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom