• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

As I said in the other thread I predict Z will be revealed during October, probably in the new variery show set to start in Japan that month, then released 4 months later in February in time with the 20th anniversary (and probably also in time with Pokémon Go that was promised to be able to link with the main series, and I doubt they meant currently released game when they said that)
Just like BW2 were announced in the variery show of that time in February and got released 4 months later in June... although that's a bit off topic so it's probably the best to continue this potential Z release in the fitting threads in the video games forum...

So Z's supposed to be a new core version? Awesome!

Whatever made you think otherwise :confused:

Though this makes me very curious. A while ago I started wondering if this meant that Z Version would come out earlier than the usual fall release next year, and all this new info has me wondering it even more... :-/

Nothing. However since this version isn't announced yet...

As I said in the other thread I predict Z will be revealed during October, probably in the new variery show set to start in Japan that month, then released 4 months later in February in time with the 20th anniversary (and probably also in time with Pokémon Go that was promised to be able to link with the main series, and I doubt they meant currently released game when they said that)
Just like BW2 were announced in the variery show of that time in February and got released 4 months later in June... although that's a bit off topic so it's probably the best to continue this potential Z release in the fitting threads in the video games forum...

I don't know, evidence is pointing to something major happening on the 15th across multiple Pokemon sites (the official Pokemon site, as well as TV Tokyo) and I doubt its just reiteration of what we know.

Especially if I remember correctly Pokemon Fan Magazine releasing very soon, like next Saturday, is supposed to contain more details about XY&Z as well as more information on Ash Greninja more than what coro coro said.

But it might just be reiteration. I don't know, nothing confirmed yet.

But I think we'll get an official announcement on the 15th or sometime after that. While when the "November" issue of Coro-coro released next month in October will be the proper reveal of the games, such as a couple mega evolutions, and screenshots of the game, while we'll just get a single piece of information this month, such as the name and logo art, and perhaps a little blurb.

***Oh by the way in case anyone is wondering what I mean by "November" issue being released in October. That's how magazine's usually work (at least Coro-Coro_, the issue covers the following month.

But I think we'll get an official announcement on the 15th or sometime after that. While when the "November" issue of Coro-coro released next month in October will be the proper reveal of the games, such as a couple mega evolutions, and screenshots of the game, while we'll just get a single piece of information this month, such as the name and logo art, and perhaps a little blurb.
I think we can definitely expect the official anime site to update with current information from CoroCoro and possibly even a trailer.

They'll also have to update the series title and the poster as well along with new character information.

It will be Ash's Sceptile. He usually catches one of each of the starter types in a region, but there's no grass type in Kalos yet. Sceptile is also a good choice to promote ORAS. Greninja and Noivern look good though, and Eevee is there with no surprise. Is that Mairin behind Alain? Anyway, new serious looks amazing with Ash Greninja.

If that was Ash's Sceptile though, then what was the point of introducing Sawyer with the dream to use Mega Sceptile one day? Only for Ash to do it instead? I can't see this happening.
Also, Ash doesn't seem to have a key stone yet on that poster... Mega Sceptile could be either Sawyer's or some other person's. He heard of Mega Sceptile from Steven, so what if STEVEN happens to own one? I expect Steven to cross over into the XY&Z anime just like Alain/Mairin/Lysandre. (remember how Lance once took his spot in the Aqua/Magma finale? I see Steven doing that now in the Flare finale. I almost wanted to say he'd be taking Diantha's spot but actually she never bothered to get involved with the Flare plot in the XY games so he wouldn't really be taking her place...)

I'm more intrigued by the lack of Manon and Chespie in the poster while everyone is there, plus the lack of her in merchandise and the opening while Alain got alot of exposure and was in several pieces of merhcandise iirc.

I thinking that something happens to her in Act 4 when she is trying to help the blobs which is why we may not see her in the main anime, though it could be that Manon dies when the Zygarde release their power as seen in the trailer for Act 4, interesting.

If that was Ash's Sceptile though, then what was the point of introducing Sawyer with the dream to use Mega Sceptile one day? Only for Ash to do it instead? I can't see this happening.
'One day' being the key phrase.

Sawyer will most likely get a Mega Sceptile one day, but right now, as a character who has been established to be a rookie who can't even compare himself to Ash (Ash has been portrayed as way above him in terms of skills), Sawyer suddenly getting a Mega Sceptile (even though Treecko only recently evolved into Grovyle) would be incredibly rushed, and IMO, disappointing.

Doesn't it make sense for Ash to get Mega Sceptile first, then have Sawyer witness that and get further inspired to Mega Evolve his future Sceptile? I mean...Sawyer getting a Mega Sceptile before Ash is just a ridiculous notion for me.

Also, Ash doesn't seem to have a key stone yet on that poster... Mega Sceptile could be either Sawyer's or some other person's.
Just because the poster doesn't show it, doesn't mean he doesn't get it eventually.

ALSO, please note that every Pokemon on that poster belongs to a trainer on the poster. In other words, there are no random Pokemon there. If Sceptile was truly Sawyer's, Sawyer himself would be present on the poster. Why omit Sawyer and include his Mega Sceptile? No logic behind that whatsoever.

Mega Sceptile being Lysandre's or Ash's would at least make sense since the two are ON the poster.

And since when do Ash's rivals get involved in team ___ plots? Paul didn't get involved with Team Galactic and Ash's BW rivals didn't get involved with the Team Plasma nonsense. Sawyer, a rookie, getting a Mega Sceptile and fighting off Team Flare? Why?

Sounds incredibly unlikely.

Honestly, I'd rather believe that Sceptile is Lysandre's than Sawyer.

At least the former would logically make sense.

I don't know, it didn't seem TOO crazy for me to believe Sawyer will use Mega Sceptile in the league... I kind of expected their league battle to end with Mega Charizard Y beating Mega Sceptile... but I'm really not sure anymore.
You're right that all the other Pokémon we see belong to the characters on the poster so it'd be weird if Sceptile was the only exception... I guess we'll see.
I love Sceptile so it'll be cool if Ash gets to mega evolve it, but I was so ready for this to happen with Charizard, which is really the most fitting, especially after BW bothered so much to emphasize Ash and Charizard's bond and history. I guess Sceptile IS the second best option, but I'd be amazed if they truly go with it over Charizard.

An easy way for us to understand whether this is Ash's Sceptile or not is when we'll have the official poster with full resolution. There we can easily spot if it has its signature twig in its mouth, as always, since it was a Treecko.
I would love if it could be Ash's. I think it will bring better balance to his team, plus he needs a grass type powerhouse. In my opinion, I think the Soon-to-Be Greninja resembles a lot Sceptile's fighting style and its character as well, and would enjoy seeing the Charizard-Pignite Bromance with Sceptile and Greninja this time.
It's been a long time since the last time we saw him (in the Sinnoh Semi-Finals beating the unbeatable Tobias's Darkrai). I think his time has finaly come.

Guys, we should be getting a high res. poster, trailer and some plot info about this series TOMORROW as the official TV. Tokyo site updates then similar to what we got for mega Act 4(last month) as well so we can see who Mega Sceptile belongs to then.

Yeah, Sceptile is one of ash's key Pokemon now, and it makes sense that its on the poster if itsAsh's, noreason to have somerabdom Mega Sceptile in there. And as I said, ash does not have a grass type yet, and if he is gonna get a mega, Sceptile is the best choice after Charizard. Treeko is like his Hoenn equivalent of it, if not the only equivalent starter to Charizard. Only infernape gets close, but it has no mega.....

On another note, this is crazy we're getting a change so early. BW2 after the badges made sense, the league in the games was a huge twist, so having it in the arc lauching Team Plasma made sense. Here, with Ash's badge quest missing two, and with Serena still needing keys, its gonna be a big difference. I can now see the league a long way off, with perhaps a huge gap akin to Snowpoint and Sunyshore in DP. Like when they get to Couriway the plot steps in and they take the train to somewhere....

Ash-Greninja confirmed to be some sort of form change due to a close bond.

tumblr_nuo9bhhnZq1r2iinvo1_540.png

See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan! | Pokemon.com

An easy way for us to understand whether this is Ash's Sceptile or not is when we'll have the official poster with full resolution. There we can easily spot if it has its signature twig in its mouth, as always, since it was a Treecko.

That's not going to work because the image of Sceptile is stock art or imitation of stock art.

If we assume it belongs to Ash we have to assume that whoever made the poster was lazy in regards to making it, or told to make it look like this. Because the poster wouldn't indicate who it belonged to, given that it's basically a direct copy of how Mega Sceptile is officially drawn with the exception of its tail in the wrong place.

Plus look at Talonflame, not really anime looking.

Happened just once earlier.............maybe AZ????? Many mysteries are covered in here though

Ash-Greninja confirmed to be some sort of form change due to a close bond.

tumblr_nuo9bhhnZq1r2iinvo1_540.png

See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan! | Pokemon.com

See New Zygarde Formes in Animation News from Japan!

The latest season of Pokémon has been announced in Japan. See new Zygarde Formes and a new look for Ash’s Greninja!

In big animation news from Japan, new forms for Zygarde and Ash's Greninja have been revealed! In the latest season of Pokémon animation, the Legendary Pokémon Zygarde is discovered to have multiple Formes as it develops into the Pokémon you already know...and beyond!"

Did the English website just acknowledge that this franchise comes from Japan?

Does this mean we might see raw or subbed episodes legally available soon? Haha just kidding, I'm not that stupid.

Uh... Just wondering but "Sawyer" is supposed to be Shouta's dub name? Wasn't that Scottie o_O I know this one sounds pretty silly and all, but I've seen people using it some time ago.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom