• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

Where exactly Sawyer appears in the trailer? Because I watched it multiple times but I couldn't notice him. Neither on TV Tokyo's official website.

At the 0:13 mark. https://youtu.be/EslzWsBSGHI?t=13s

Look near the bottom right of the screen when Pikachu starts running towards Drapion.

Also, the Houndour in the Trailer is probably Mable's. She has a Houndoom and a Weavile in X&Y and there is a Sneasel next to the Houndour. So, they probably evolve or that part is a flashback and at least Houndour has evolved since then.

Here are some new images from the official Japanese Pokemon site.

7lP1smz.png
3llyS7p.png
ooynyw7.png

Where exactly Sawyer appears in the trailer? Because I watched it multiple times but I couldn't notice him. Neither on TV Tokyo's official website.

At the part where Pikachu jumps out to battle Drapion (at least from how the trailer went we can assume that's who he was battling) you can see Sawyer on the far right of the screen for about a second.

Not going to lie, I've had a grin on my face for the last few hours since I saw that trailer. Holy cow, this looks awesome. The new opening? RICA!!!

Looks to me like Zygarde-Doge (10%) is using Thousand Arrows, although I'm really not sure what Greninja is using against Bisharp.

Edit: Looks like Playerking beat me to the reply, lol.

Ok, thanks Playerking & DS0308. Now I saw him.
It seems to me that we have to wait a long in order to find out whose Pokemon is. It looks like Mega Sceptile will appear much later in the anime.

11215776_1476287486006849_1421800592467346444_n.jpg

I still hope for Satoshi's Sceptile to return ... even after I saw Shota in preview maybe Satoshi will want to battle Shota's Sceptile with his own and somehow Sceptile remains with the gang

Translations:
Corocoro Comic Leaks, Reveals New Zygarde Formes and New Anime Series - Pocketmonsters.Net

THE GREATEST SCOOP OF THE CENTURY!!
A NEW POKÉMON HAS BEEN DISCOVERED! ITS POWER SURPASSES XERNEAS AND YVELTAL!!
IT WILL MAKE ITS DEBUT IN THE ANIME!!

A new Pokémon no one has ever seen before will be revealed in the anime! Moreover, its power exceeds that of many legendary Pokémon!!

This is the legendary Pokémon Zygarde's new form!!

The true identity of the new Pokémon is a new Zygarde form! When Zygarde Core and the myriads of Zygarde Cell scattered around all over gather together, they change to the Complete Form!!

Zygarde's Complete Form!!
When Zygarde 50% Forme encounters an opponent it can't match in terms of power, it transforms! This unleashes its hidden power!!

This power is said to exceed that of Xerneas and Yveltal!

Zygarde Perfect Forme
Species: Order Pokémon
Type: Ground/Dragon
Height: 4.5 m
Weight: 610.0 kg

Multiple Zygarde Formes have been confirmed!!
Zygarde Core
Zygarde Cell
The Core merges with the Cell, acting as the brain of all the other Formes.
Zygarde 10% Forme
In combat, it turns into this form. It overwhelms the enemy with its sharp fangs and speed.
Zygarde 50% Forme
The form we've known so far was only 50%!

All these mysteries have the letter "Z" in them!
Don't miss the new TV show "Pocket Monsters XY&Z"!!
This new Pokémon will appear in this new show before it appears anywhere else! And other new Pokémon will appear as well!
Gekkouga gains a new form too!
Satoshi Gekkouga
Gekkouga has a new form too! It resembles Satoshi's clothes... what could it mean!? Stay tuned for breaking news!

Make note of this encounter with Zygarde Core too!

The show will premiere Thursday October 29th at 7pm as a 1 hour double episode special, airing together with The Strongest Mega Evolution Act IV

------------------
Pocket Monsters anime site updates with info on Pocket Monsters XY&Z - Pocketmonsters.Net

The new Pokémon anime series "Pocket Monsters XY&Z" starts Thursday October 29th at 7pm!

At that point, we will bring you an extravagant one-hour double episode special featuring not only the first episode, but also the XY Special "The Strongest Mega Evolution ~Act IV~"!

At last, the adventures of Satoshi, Pikachu and the others will cross over with Alan's story about Mega Evolution.

The new show "Pocket Monsters XY&Z" will premiere Thursday October 29th at 7pm!

Story
What secret does the never-before-seen legendary Pokémon Zygarde hide!?
What is this mysterious phenomenon that only happens to Satoshi's Gekkouga!?
What are the goals of Alan and the mysterious organization called the Flare Gang that stand in Satoshi and his friends' way!?
When all these mysteries get cleared up the greatest crisis of all time will befall the Kalos region!

Characters
Satoshi and Pikachu:
A boy named Satoshi, who dreams of becoming a Pokémon Master, and his partner Pikachu! They are journeying between Pokémon Gyms with the goal of entering the Kalos League.

Serena:
Having discovered her dream of becoming a Pokemon Performer, she's currently challenging the Rookie Class Tripokalons! Her goal is to enter the Master Class! And what she's ultimately aiming for is to become Kalos Queen!

Citron:
The Gym Leader of Miare City! Dreaming of becoming an inventor that brings joy to people and Pokémon, he travels together with Satoshi.

Eureka:
Citron's little sister. Dreaming of becoming a Trainer, she travels together with Satoshi.

The Rocket Gang:
An evil organization that wishes to take over the world. Even in the Kalos region, they aim to get Pikachu, and constantly attack Satoshi and his friends with various schemes! Keep an eye out for these three that persistently get in everyone's way!!

Alan and Lizardon:
A young man who used to be Professor Platane's assistant. He met Fleur-de-lis during his search for Key Stones and Mega Stones. He is currently aiming to become the ultimate Trainer alongside his Lizardon.

Fleur-de-lis:
Director and representative of Fleur-de-lis Labs. An industrialist currently researching whether Mega Evolution energy can be used for peaceful purposes. He gave Alan his Key Stone and Mega Stone in exchange for Alan promising to help him in his research.

The Flare Gang:
A mysterious group searching for Zygarde Core. It appears they are plotting to use the legendary Pokemon Zygarde for something or other, but exactly what that is remains a mystery.

Zygarde Core
Zygarde Cell
Zygarde 10% Forme
Zygarde 50% Forme
Zygarde Perfect Forme
Pokémon no one has ever seen before. What kind of role will they play in Satoshi and his friends' adventure!?
TRAILER:
[video=youtube;EslzWsBSGHI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EslzWsBSGHI&feature[/video]

Given Aqua Jet is not a move that Greninja learns I'd have to assume it's Waterfall. It's about the only thing that could be a Water-type move where the user charges at the opponent (besides Aqua Jet).

Scottie's appearance in the trailer doesn't prove that Mega-Sceptile is his. He might have Sceptile, which might prompt Ash to bring his back. Ash can then use Mega-Sceptile and Scottie is in awe. And yeah, Scottie isn't on the poster.
Mairin won't die. They won't kill off an eight-year-old or so girl. That's just cruel.
Additionally, if Sceptile isn't Ash's, what pokemon will fill out the last slot of his team? He should have six pokemon in his team by the last gym. Anyway, mega hype

I'm still hoping Ash brings back Super Special Awesome Charizard and Megavolves him into his Y form for a battle against Alain.

At least Team Flare is finally showing up, instead of being no-shows until after the league like Team Plasma. I still say they should've appeared sooner, but I'll take what I can get.

This Trailer... OMG THE *UCKING HYPE!!!!!!!!! This is looking REALLY INTERESTING now!! :) Lysandre is showing his TRUE FACE AND NATURE! :) Ash-Greninja is looking REALLY EPIC!! I Give this Preview 11/10 just because the HYPE is too much :) Bring it On!

Manon dying'd be the same thing of them killing characters like Masato or Eureka (not on the same level, but still...) Like, no way that's gonna happen...

Still wondering which'll be Satoshi's 6th Pokemon, as it's not revealed in the poster... Hope it's not his old Jukain since I'd be expecting a Kalos one...

Last edited:
Yeah, I don't think Manon would die, that would just be cruel and unnecessary, like what would be the point of it? I can buy Manon being kidnapped by Team Flare a lot easier, explaining why Alan isn't with her, or her leaving him to focus on training to become stronger to face off Team Flare.

Now that's an awesome trailer :crush:

Dis gunna be good!

And congratulations Scottie, you're officially an honorary member of Ash-tachii!

Play your cards right and you might get a Mega-Stone out of this ;-)

Last edited:
Bonnie must find a Zygarde Core and carry it around. Team Flare are after it. You can see in the trailer for a split second (0:14), that the Drapion Ash is battling with Pikachu is holding a Zygarde Core in its pincer. He's battling Team Flare to get it back.

Last edited:
I really want the Mega Sceptile to be Ash's. Wouldn't it be awesome if Ash gives Shota his sceptilite stone to Shota after he no longer needs it? Sort of like passing the torch on to the next generation.

Ash can't have a real Mega, so they gave him this weird Greninja instead.

That's just the impression I get, though I don't want it to be true :p Pls come back Sceptile!!

Seriously though, not a fan of it...Something about the concept just seems really odd to me...

I've been debating forever on whether or not the Mega Sceptile belong to Ash or Scottie(I know he's Sawyer, but he'll forever be Scottie to me.). Now that we have gotten confirmation that Scottie will return, I have a feeling Mega Sceptile might be his. Also I can't see Xerosic voiced by ANYONE but Mike Pollock.

I swear, I was internally screaming all weekend once I saw this. Ash will potentially call back Sceptile with a mega stone and key stone in tow, we may finally get the evil team arc the anime deserves, and this will be the first time in the whole series that a main character will fully evolve all the pokemon they've caught in the region. And speaking of that last one, can I just say how much I appreciate the amount of times the writers broke the mold during this arc, it's astounding! Please come soon Pokemon X, Y, and Z (and potential Pokemon Z version), you have my attention.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom