• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

News Pokemon XY & Z Discussion

This merchandise implies that Complete Forme will appear in March. That should wrap up the arc.

I assume that Serena will use Sylveon in a Showcase in February, or at least use Eevee before it evolves. I don't see the anime sticking to Team Flare episodes until March.

they can have team flare past march... i dont see pokemon xy&z as an arc but as a new season till it comes a new season in outumn 2016 (maybe new gen). we may see ash get his last badge and serena her keys (and probably the kalos queen competition) before they destroy team flare. and i also strongly believe that the pokemon league will be in this season

This merchandise implies that Complete Forme will appear in March. That should wrap up the arc.

I assume that Serena will use Sylveon in a Showcase in February, or at least use Eevee before it evolves. I don't see the anime sticking to Team Flare episodes until March.

So does that mean TF arc will only be 15-20 episode long? Man i sure wanted it t be longer.

So does that mean TF arc will only be 15-20 episode long? Man i sure wanted it t be longer.

That seems fair enough for a story arc with a few filler episodes in between. All the villains (Aqua/Magma, Galactic, Plasma) had around 13 episodes dedicated to the plot - its just that they were spread out, except for the case of Plasma, which was a new way of storytelling within the franchise.

They proved they could do a seasonal story arc with Episode N. It was experimental and poorly planned out, but I can see what they were trying to do - the villain arcs are more interesting as a tight bundle instead of stretching them out for 100+ episodes and making it difficult to keep up. They're likely doing the same for Team Flare, this time with preparations.

Comrades,

i did not expect this too happen before a z game announcement. i guess xy will be a four year series. hopefully ash gets a mega stone so that his charizard will fight alans.

Mate, there was never going to be a love story in Pokemon, LEAST of all one involving Satoshi.

That is not necessarily the case in my opinion. If the recent episodes are anything to go by is that Serena's little crush is noticed and somewhat called out by several people: Shauna, Bonnie, and Mitte. And besides, Pokémon is primary focus on the Pokémon, battles and the journey to become a Master, not romance. Ash, being the main protagonist dedicated to these goals, has no reason to pursue romance yet. That's like if the last few arcs (not counting the Last Movie) of Naruto was about him confessing his love to Hinata and going on dates instead of fighting the big villains and saving the world.

Right after you defeat Olympia in XY, you are called by Lysandre via Holo Caster and he makes an announcement about Team Flare's destroying plan. As XY & Z series come right after Ash defeats Olympia, could it possible Team Flare to be introduced to the anime?
It is already known that Team Flare is present right from the first episode of XY&Z

Here are some new images from the XY & Z series.

tNoO3q9.jpg
03P1wvB.jpg

Also, here is some new information on the XY & Z series from that first image, courtesy of Dephender for the translation of the information.

A thorough dissection & highlight showcase of Pocket Monsters XY&Z

A new adventure, the "Z chapter"! What are the secrets the never before seen legendary Pokémon "Zygarde" holds!? What is the mysterious phenomenon that happens to Ash's "Greninja"!? What is the goal of Alain and the organization "Team Flare", who all confront Ash and his friends? When all these mysteries get solved, the greatest crisis of all time will befall the Kalos Region!!

*Only one badge remains before Ash can challenge the Kalos League
*What is this lifeform that slipped into Bonnie's pochette?

Ash and Alain: What is the fate of this duo destiny leads along!?

The mysterious organization "Team Flare"!
* They're attempting to capture Zygarde, which lies hidden deep in a cave, but...
* Team Flare are looking for Zygarde Core.
* Lysandre plots to use Zygarde for something or other. What is his ultimate goal?

Highlight 1: Greninja's new form, "Ash Greninja"!
The bond between people and Pokemon opens the door to a new evolution!?
A form of Greninja that can be seen once its bond with Ash increased to the very limit. Since the form is created through their strong bond, Ash's characteristics appear at strategic points of the form.

* Its power is evenly matched with that of its rival Mega Sceptile.
* When it releases the water it covers its body in, it awakens new powers!!

Highlight 2: Serena Challenges the Master Class Pokemon Showcase!!
She aims to become Master Class champion, "Kalos Queen"!
Serena is currently challenging the Rookie Class Pokemon Showcases, heading for her dream of being a Pokemon Performer. She keeps training every day in order to participate in the Master Class!

* Serena and her Pokémon won the Anistar tournament brilliantly! Now she only needs one more Princess Key!
* Serena lost her confidence after experiencing failure and defeat, but regained it thanks to the support of her fiends and Pokémon.

OSbSSmp.jpg

The information here is from the third image.

Pokemon XY
Wanting to enter the Kalos League, Ash and Pikachu have finally got their 7th gym badge, guided by their bonds with both Pokemon, friends and encounters. However, being one more step closer to Pokémon Master, Ash hears an incredible prediction from Olympia...

A new Form for Frogadier!?
Apparently Ash and Frogadier will obtain a new power no one has ever seen before. Is it the mysterious form that was seen during the Anistar Gym match!?

Olympia's Prediction: A Kalos Crisis
According to the shocking contents of Olympia's prediction, that a green flame that will cover the Kalos region and cause terrible things to happen, Ash and his friends will be involved as well.

A Green Flame Will Cover Kalos!
Just what is the meaning of the future Olympia foresaw!? What is the identity of the green-coloured flame!?

The two stories cross over as "Z"!!

Last edited:
Here are some new images from the XY & Z series.

tNoO3q9.jpg
03P1wvB.jpg

Also, here is some new information on the XY & Z series from that first image, courtesy of Dephender for the translation of the information.

A thorough dissection & highlight showcase of Pocket Monsters XY&Z

A new adventure, the "Z chapter"! What are the secrets the never before seen legendary Pokémon "Zygarde" holds!? What is the mysterious phenomenon that happens to Ash's "Greninja"!? What is the goal of Alain and the organization "Team Flare", who all confront Ash and his friends? When all these mysteries get solved, the greatest crisis of all time will befall the Kalos Region!!

*Only one badge remains before Ash can challenge the Kalos League
*What is this lifeform that slipped into Bonnie's pochette?

Ash and Alain: What is the fate of this duo destiny leads along!?

The mysterious organization "Team Flare"!
* They're attempting to capture Zygarde, which lies hidden deep in a cave, but...
* Team Flare are looking for Zygarde Core.
* Lysandre plots to use Zygarde for something or other. What is his ultimate goal?

Highlight 1: Greninja's new form, "Ash Greninja"!
The bond between people and Pokemon opens the door to a new evolution!?
A form of Greninja that can be seen once its bond with Ash increased to the very limit. Since the form is created through their strong bond, Ash's characteristics appear at strategic points of the form.

* Its power is evenly matched with that of its rival Mega Sceptile.
* When it releases the water it covers its body in, it awakens new powers!!

Highlight 2: Serena Challenges the Master Class Pokemon Showcase!!
She aims to become Master Class champion, "Kalos Queen"!
Serena is currently challenging the Rookie Class Pokemon Showcases, heading for her dream of being a Pokemon Performer. She keeps training every day in order to participate in the Master Class!

* Serena and her Pokémon won the Anistar tournament brilliantly! Now she only needs one more Princess Key!
* Serena lost her confidence after experiencing failure and defeat, but regained it thanks to the support of her fiends and Pokémon.

This is very interesting. Can't wait for all of this to air.

Another Page translation thanks to Dephender
http://i.imgur.com/p4MymLK.jpg
Pocket Monsters XY:
Wanting to enter the Kalos League, Ash and Pikachu have finally got their 7th gym badge, guided by their bonds with both Pokemon, friends and encounters. However, being one more step closer to Pokémon Master, Ash hears an incredible prediction from Olympia...

A new Form for Frogadier!?
Apparently Ash and Frogadier will obtain a new power no one has ever seen before. Is it the mysterious form that was seen during the Anistar Gym match!?

Olympia's Prediction: A Kalos Crisis
According to the shocking contents of Olympia's prediction, that a green flame that will cover the Kalos region and cause terrible things to happen, Ash and his friends will be involved as well.

A Green Flame Will Cover Kalos!
Just what is the meaning of the future Olympia foresaw!? What is the identity of the green-colored flame!?

The Strongest Mega Evolution: Act IV (airs October 29th at 7pm)
Alan and Charizard continue their travels, aiming to stand on the top as the strongest. Alan used to be Professor Sycamore's assistant, but met the Kalosian celebrity Lysandre, who's concerned with the peaceful utilizations of mega evolution energy, and was given a Mega Ring and a Mega Stone on the condition he cooperates with his project, but... what is Alan's new objective!?

Challenging Users of Mega Evolution!!
Putting his Mega Ring and Mega Stone at stake, Alan attempts to dispense with 10 users of Mega Evolution. One of them is Elite Four Malva...

An encounter with a Mysterious Lifeform
When Manon's partner, Hari-san the Chespin, encounters a mysterious lifeform in the Lysandre Foundation's research facility, something incredible starts to...

The story finally approaches the heart of the matter!
A change comes over Alan, who has chased after power to protect his loved ones... What is the true motive of Lysandre, who's smiling so boldly...!?

The two stories cross over as "Z"!! See the next page for details!

Jeez, Alain looks absolutely pissed off, I can only imagine why (the animation on his face looks gorgeous, though). That aside, in light of the new information, I've developed a new theory concerning the Mega Sceptile on the poster (though we still have no confirmation on who it belongs to): What if Ash and Sawyer both get a Mega Sceptile? It would explain its presence among Ash, Serena, and Clemont's Pokemon with no Sawyer in sight and, simultaneously, the rivalry between Ash Greninja and Mega Sceptile mentioned in the scans would make sense, not to mention that there have been other cases in the series in which the same Mega appeared twice under different ownerships (ex. Korrina and Gurkinn). Either way, I can't wait for the new series when it premieres in 5 days!

Last edited:
New trailer for series from POKEANCHI:
[video=youtube;MdzHDP4P0EI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdzHDP4P0EI [/video]

lol something Ive been asking myself for a long time... No Iris appearance yet?
BW was unique because Hikari made her appearance late into the series (for the time), in XY we're getting to the 90 episode mark and still no confirmation about her...
Course XY'll most likely be a 4 year series, as Z's obviously from 6th gen and all... But this wait is long indeed...

BW was unique because Hikari made her appearance late into the series (for the time), in XY we're getting to the 90 episode mark and still no confirmation about her...
Course XY'll most likely be a 4 year series, as Z's obviously from 6th gen and all... But this wait is long indeed...

Does it matter? We are getting more interesting stuff with XY&Z.

I think most of people would be displeased with her reappearance for what I have seen.

I think most of people would be displeased with her reappearance for what I have seen.

Pretty much, but I wouldn't care for her showing up... Woudn't care if she ended not showing up too xD Mixed about that...

Not sure if the Japaneses feel the same, we've gotta take them in account too. For instance they love characters like Pocchama and Pikachu, while we Westerners usually don't care for them...

Last edited:

Pretty much, but I wouldn't care for her showing up... Woudn't care if she ended not showing up too xD Mixed about that...

Not sure if the Japaneses feel the same, we've gotta take them in account too. For instance they love characters like Pocchama and Pikachu, while we Westerners usually don't care for them...

Some people act like the popularity of certain characters or series in Japan is notably different to ours and I disagree. Even if Iris is more popular in Japan, it's just by a little. It's not like Japan worships her because you saw few artists making fanart of her :p.

I don't mind Iris besides some of her fans who annoy me but I'm not worried about her return. She will reappear later when the Flare plot is done.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom