• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you always wanted to use but never could.

Aggron!

If I had the patience to train it my first play-through through Sapphire, it might've been my favorite Pokemon...

I mean, dayumm. It takes forever just to train Aron into Lairon. Lairon into Aggron is like impossible. D:

Metagross and Milotic, I mean, Feebas is almost impossible to catch unless you have a good 8 hours to waste searching every corner of the Mt. Coronet basement and Metagross because of the fact that it only appears in a storm, only one move so it can Struggle to death much more easily, and just to add to the fact that it is a self damaging move, and the fact that their is an ongoing sandstorm so I can't just send in Shedinja to False Swipe it to death and for it to not have ANY recoil damage!

Skarmory. Wanted a Flying type without a weakness to Rock, but it takes forever to level up.

Funnily enough, I've used about half of the pokemon mentioned in this thread at least once.

For me, its most of the early trade evolving pokemon, simply because I've only really traded recently. So ones like Alakazam, Machamp, Politoed, Steelix and Kingdra. Any of these would be a good edition to a team, but they just never got the chance.

froslass, like its pretty cool and all its just that there are a lot of ghost types i prefer to use, same goes wit the ice type too, maybe some day.... after i finally get a damn milotic in black and white :D

i always wanted to use a Starmie in my team, but i always either already have a water starter, or Staryu is unavailable in the game :( the same with Vulpix.

not to mention most trade-evo pokes, and Frosslass/Mismagius.

Last edited:
None.
I have access to two DS Lights, Ruby, Sapphire, FireRed and all the gen4 games, including 2 SSs.

So if I ever want to use a Pokémon I just breed it in my SS and trade it to whit ever game I want to play, and I like to replay the story a lot so I do. If they need trade to evolve I just trade whenever I find it suitable (usually around the time the rest of my team are fully evolved.

Those I have not used I do not want to use.

Shedinja; even though it's got that nice ability, the risk is its single HP stat, and there will be opponents with a sneaky super-effective move you'd never expect them to pull out.

Almost all trade-evolutions Generation III onwards. Especially Electivire and Porygon-Z.

Luvdisc, but its just so weak. I was hoping with the rumours of Alomomola being a Luvdisc evo that I finally would but nope, GF just wanted to rub some salt into the wound.

Thanks for that GF.

Jynx in the original Gen II games. I finally managed to get one in SoulSilver!

A Darkrai. Saw Rise of Darkrai a while ago and fell in love with it.
Deoxys, just because the fact it can change into different forms is pretty spiffy.
Any other event legendary.

Shieldon/Bastiodon, I've got all the other fossil pokemon or their prevos, just couldn't get my hands on a shieldon. Of course when I did manage to find someone who'd trade with me, my computer died. (I use a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB for trading)

Electivire/Magmortar/Porygon's evos, I don't have an extra DS or know anyone with a DS well enough.

Weavile, if anyone can tell me where I can get a Razor Claw in SoulSilver other than the Battle Frontier, it would be much appreciated.

(tip about getting a Milotic in HGSS: If you're lucky enough to have a Feebas, take it to Daisy in Pallet Town between 3-4pm, she'll groom it, do it a few times, then level it up, you get a Milotic. The grooming brothers in the Goldenrod Underground will probably help as well)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom