• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you are afraid to battle against

Youngster_Joey

Hurrrrr...
Reaction score
Throughout your play-through of any Pokemon game, there are just some pokemon that you encounter, let it be in the wild, a trainer battle, or a competitive wifi battle, that makes you tend to shudder and think "Oh shit! It's <insert Pokemon name here>!"

If you have a fear for such named pokemon, post them here.

These are mine:

Golbat: (Training in the Wild) They have acess to confuse ray, wing attack, bite, and even toxic, not to mention they are in almost every game in the game (talking about HG/SS). They are always a pain to deal with when I'm trying to train weaker pokemon.

Raticate: (Training in the Wild) Since my early playthrough of Red & Blue, Raticate has always made me shudder. It's hyper fang is pretty potent, and since Gen 2, it also makes switching out risky due to pursuit. I might need to use EXP share a little bit more just so I can counter this guy without taking a loss.

Salamence: Thank god it's now in Ubers. It's coverage is insane, and with about two dragon dances, my team will cease to exist.

Garchomp: Similar situation as Salamence

Gyarados:Every time I see that thing sent out, I'm inclined to destroy it as soon as possible. With a few Dragon Dances it will go on a sweeping spree.

Azelf: Mainly because my Shoddy team has a slow lead. It has decent speed and can do either Trick or Taunt, two moves that are a pain in my rear, and finally use stealth rock an explode... Perfect. >_>

Munchlax: (Battle Factory) This Munchlax is the reason why I tremble at the sight of every Munchlax. It has high HP and is almost impossible to 1HitKO without a fighting move, it even has access to stockpile, and makes for one annoying ass fight.

Others include:
Wobbuffet
Gengar
Scizor
Farfetch'd
Miltank
Stantler
Lileep
Cradily
Floatzel
Kyogre
Palkia
Dialga

You have many fears.
The only pokemon I dread encountering is Blissey. Way too much HP.

Shedinja. Plain and simple. In the Battle Frontier, it's a necessity for me that at least two of Pokemon possess an attack capable of hitting Shedinja. Ever since I was forced to surrender in a battle with one in the Battle Tower (and on a very high streak, nonetheless), I've been very afraid of battling it.

Aside from that, I'm usually wary of Gyarados early-on in the games, especially if I don't have an Electric-type.

Wobuffet. Shadow Tag is deadly and you have no other option other than attacking it. And if you attack it, you die.

Yeah, Salamence :/
He's tough to beat because when I started playing pokemon again I kept forgetting his typing. That and he's hard to beat in general. UGH

Any Pokemon with big defenses and healing moves. My style is to hit'em hard and hit'em fast but some Pokemon just won't go down and I'm afraid (or worried rather) that they're going to wear me down and take me out.

However at the beginning of any game I'm worried about Poison types. I don't waste my time buying Antidote so my Pokemon end up poisoned until I get to a Pokemon center. Does that make me a bad trainer?

I too hate Milotic. It seems that there is no way to destroy it, (even though I know that's not true.) because it's Ice Beam and Surf can do some bad damage to Grass and Electric types respectively, I hate it. What I said is true about all Water types but something about Milotic is specially evil. and Wobbufett.

Garchomp. That thing has always been my worst enemy. Ever since Pearl....
IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM I WOULD HAVE BEATEN THE ELITE THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Gyarados. NOTHING BEATS THE DAMN THING!!! Why oh why couldn't I have leveled up that Pikachu? Lance would have been so much easier...

I also really hate battling wobuffet. Especially in frontier facilities. Milotic is evil. Special moves cannot harm it.

Kecleon. Son of a bitch keeps changing itself to my type.

Also Miltank. Thanks for making me afraid of a cow Whitney

In the Battle Tower, OHKO Walrein is my sworn enemy. Especially if I have my Blissey out. It doesn't matter if my Bliss has ~700 HP once that Sheer Cold hits. And somehow, it always manages to :T

Swalot and Muk. Both are very defensive and powerful, while Muk is too evasive and rarely gets hit. They sometimes also have the Black Sludge, which restore some of their HP.

snorlax, blissey, chansey, and wobbufet, if i see one, it must be destroyed as quickley as possible

Milotic. I developed a phobia for it during the battle against Wallace in Sapphire (due to it being hard to take out). During my first playthrough of Platinum, I lost that fear somehow when I faced Cynthia's Milotic (it was 2HKOed by Sceptile's Energy Ball).

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom