• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you are afraid to battle against

Wobuffet.That thing always survives the hit.And then strikes back.Hard.
Pokemon that can rest,recover,moonlight etc. and have high hp.
Lapras.High defenses combined with ice-type attacks.
Kingdra as it doesn`t have a weakness on ice attacks.
Milotic.I still don`t get it how a Pokemon with average offensive capabilites can do so much damage.
I train one in Black and at when I tried to use it for the first time,I was amazed at it`s ability to own everything.

FUCKING WOBBUFFET. I absolutely hate those things. With a passion.

Jircachi. Confusion, paralysis, FLINCH FLINCH FLINCH FLINCH FLINCH FLINCH FLINCH.

Graveler. If you don't OHKO them, chances are it's going to explode.
Oh, and let's not forget anything that can heal or is at a higher level than my Pokemon and knows an OHKO move.

Koffing/Weezing, Voltorb/Electrode, Geodude/Graveler/Golem. Selfdestruct/Explosion are a Nuzlocker's worst nightmares.

Wobuffet and anything with Destiny Bond. They have a nasty habit of taking out some of my 'mon that at least five, if not ten, levels above them. Also, Endure, Protect and Pressure (or any combination thereof) wastes my PP, and since you can't buy Ethers/Elixers at normal shops...

Contact effects have also been known to annoy me severely.

Steven`s Metagross, it sparked my general dislike of them. No matter it you had a super effective move or not, it always found a way to K.O. me. Whenever I beat it I can`t help but scream YEAH!.

In the HG Battle Tower Tag Team, I practically shit myself when my opponent sent out a Dragonite. Granted any strong Dragon-type in the Battle Tower. Milotic is another "shit!" moment.

3 words:

Togekiss---Serene Grace---Air Slash

It makes you flinch EVERY.SINGLE.ROUND

Apart from that, Garchomp (Swords Dance + Outrage = Sweeping my team)

Gyarados, for some reason their just so hard to take down.

Kingdra and Lapras.

Cynthia's Milotic destroyed my team in Diamond so now whenever I battle one, I'm not too confident.

Me: Time to find houses to loot! *walks into a random house in Undella Town*
Cynthia: Hi, I came here from overseas, want to battle? :ksmile:
Me: ... *backs up slowly, then tears the hell out of there*

Also, any Pokemon with the Static ability. My team seems to get paralyzed when they so much as blink in their direction.

Nothing really, I'm pretty good at countering most in both my games, but I HATE Wobuffet with Shadow Tag or Destiny Bond!

MACHAMP. I noticed that I'm very Machamp weak while I was building my team, so when I see one (especially as a lead) I can pretty much tell I've already lost unless I can miraculously get its health low enough so I can revenge kill with Ditto. Conkledurr, too, but to a lesser extent.

Fake Out lead Mienshao, too. Damn you for breaking my Focus Sash on my suicide lead. (I do have a ghost type on my team but I always forget. >:C)

I fear facing opposing Mewtwo and Darkrai. D8; These two are boss and awesome when under my command, but when someone else is using them to attack ME, I am shaking in my socks. Especially in PBR, when I foolishly decided to let the CPU try out that team once. D8;

Also in the 3D games, fucking Kangaskhan. They are so freaking creepy to look at! D8; WHY the constant "horny tongue licking" going on?! And why, WHY, when she faints, she goes all wide eyed and ACTS LIKE SHE'S BEING FUCKING STRANGLED?! Dear god, I hate Kangaskhan now, seriously, ew, man, wtf. D8;

Ooh. Roaming Pokemon are pretty suspenseful, too. D8; I remember hunting Latios in Emerald, and we both met up in the same Route, I checked the Pokedex to be sure. Searching grass-patch after grass-patch, just waiting for that guy to show up! He could be standing behind me, laughing, while I am searching for him! ;A; Please, just show up if you're in the area!

Finally, any Pokemon who has OHKO moves. I so freak out if one of them is used, doubly so if it actually connects. D8; The very IMAGE of a Pokemon drilling through my own, or crushing them in a fissure, or freezing them inside and outside, or freaking beheading them, is enough nightmare fuel to rival the world being destroyed in MM! ;A; I'm terrified of OHKO Pokemon, I truly am.

Ivysaur said:
Shedinja. Plain and simple. In the Battle Frontier, it's a necessity for me that at least two of Pokemon possess an attack capable of hitting Shedinja. Ever since I was forced to surrender in a battle with one in the Battle Tower (and on a very high streak, nonetheless), I've been very afraid of battling it.

Aside from that, I'm usually wary of Gyarados early-on in the games, especially if I don't have an Electric-type.

THIS, very much. D8; What happens to me is, the one time I forget to bring SE-against-Shedinja moves, I meet one. OTL You never know when, either!

I am terrified of a few pokemon for sure...

Heracross, Jirachi, Suicune, Scrafty, Alakazam, the weather trio in-game wise

For battling simulators: Jirachi, Suicune, Zapdos, Scrafty

I realize the list is similar :p But it can basically be summed up as: bulky stat raisers that counter obvious weaknesses

Muk. Koga, get rid of your muk now! OR I WILL KILL YOU!!!!!!!

God, I hated battling his Muk the first time in LeafGreen!
STOP USING MINIMIZE AND LET ME ACTUALLY HIT YOU FOR A CHANGE!!!!

Lucario, Chandelure, can't list them all. :sweatlol:

What makes you afraid of Lucario, if I may ask?
Don't worry, I'm not angry. Just curious.

Me: Time to find houses to loot! *walks into a random house in Undella Town*
Cynthia: Hi, I came here from overseas, want to battle? :ksmile:
Me: ... *backs up slowly, then tears the hell out of there*

I fell for that "trick" too!
And the bad thing was, on my part, I never saved before I went in to that house, too!

Nothing really, but it is a little unnerving to run into a wild Metagross when you're grinding at the Giant Chasm.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom