• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Pokemon you could recognize before you were a proper fan

TapLover

Reaction score
Do not mention Pikachu here: Everyone knows what he looks like.

I'd say Pikachu, Psyduck and Togepi.

Pikadex

Pikachu Aficionado
Reaction score
I say Pikachu for sure, but also the common ones like Charmander, Squirtle, and Bulbasaur were the ones I knew about.

RTLfan

Reaction score
None, I got into Pokemon about one year before it became big.....

TRNatalie

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this counts but the first Pokemon I remember being introduced to was Ponyta. If that doesn't count, it was Tauros and Ninetales.

Last edited:

colours

etch dreams into life
Reaction score
Bulbasaur, Pikachu... I'd say most of the Kanto 'mons, and this was super early into me being a fan. xD

Nitro Indigo

Small ripples lead to big waves.
Reaction score
Squirtle, specifically May's. I discovered Pokémon at the very end of Gen 3.

PinkIceFox

PinkIceTales!
Reaction score
I was a fan before I even got Blue Version the Christmas after it came out. Though I'd say that the designs that I was drawn to the most as a kid (besides the yellow rat) when I saw pokemon related merch and things would be Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charmander followed by Meowth, Clefairy, and Jigglypuff.

Boruto

Yᵒᵘ Oᶰˡʸ Lᶤᵛᵉ Oᴺcᴱ
Reaction score
Uh, Meowth I guess. I saw the trading card back in March or April of 1999 I think and since I liked cats, I wanted one of those cards. I wasn't a fan of the franchise until a month later.

prog rocker

Reaction score
Staryu, Starmie, Graveler, Sandshrew, Rattata, Ekans, Koffing and Butterfree are the ones I remember. They were featured in commercials for the anime when it first aired on Cartoon Network LA.

Stratelier

Reaction score
I can honestly say that the first time seeing any Pokemon was from somebody playing Pokemon Blue on a SNES Super Game Boy back in Gen 1 (visually still the best way of playing Gen 1).

user750365

Reaction score
Pikachu, Raichu, the three Kanto starters, Onix and Jynx are some of the ones at the top of my mind.

KaylaBaraonda

Hello from the other side
Reaction score
I think the first Pokémon I knew were Pikachu, Magnemite, and Slowpoke. I also had a small Venonat toy but I did'nt know it was Pokémon.

But I don't think of myself as a proper fan. I don't like to actually play the games, watch the anime, or read the manga. You could say I don't do the stuff "del popolino".

I see myself as an appreciator, but not of Pokémon themselves.
I hope that through Pokémon, or at least the idea of Pokémon, I forgive and forget the dannata gramigna.