• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you didn't think you would use

I didn't expect to use Druddigon as I definitely prefer Haxorus plus I prefer Pokemon which evolve because I feel you have something more to work for. But when I got it over the GTS it destroyed everything in it's path so I decided to keep it.

Musharna. That one, and Swoobat. I was completely unaware of Woobat having such a cute evolution (I just started playing Black like a week ago) and I didn't care for Woobat so after catching it it was sent to my PC and left there. I took it out again the instant I became aware of its adorable evolution. Now my Swoobat Nosferatu has a solid spot in my permanent team! :crush:

I didn't think I'd use Watchog. I was Nuzlocking, so I had to make do with the first Pokemon on the route.

for me it's Resheram, I normally don't use legendaries but I;m starting to like this one, besides it's in a premier ball :)

Last edited:
I would never in a million years think that Galvantula would be in my team, but it's kiler speed has helped me out very much.

To a lesser majority, Serperior, because I was going to go with Tepig, then saw its fugly evolutions. Pleh.

Literally my whole team. Serperior, I was gonna go with Oshawott, but I saw Serpy, and the rest is history. I got Lillipup next, my first Pokemon I ever caught in Unova. I caught Roggenrola, with Panpour, and Purrloin, and I thought I had a main team in the makings already. But, I replaced Panpour and Purrloin with Timburr and Tympole by the second badge. I went with these five, until Chargestone Cave, where I caught the only Pokemon I planned to have, Joltik. Serperior, Gigalith, Stoutland, Seismitoad, Conkelldurr, and Galvantula. Better than they seem.

Last edited:
I... actually... didn't.

I deliberately avoided catching the early Pokémon early on, and managed to get myself a pretty decent team.

And then there's the story of a Dangoro (Roggenrola) with an Everstone >_>

I swore that I was not going to use a lillipup after the first gym, because I hated it's evolutions. However, naming it after my own dog made me hold on to it, and now it's a Herdier that I love and isn't going anywhere.

I never expected to use my Archeops as a permanent team member because I didn't know how often his Defeatest would halve his Attack. His Speed is really good, and I often KO opponents with him. The Adamant nature helps.

Okay, I feel the need to amend my previous list by adding another Pokémon to it: Serperior.

Originally, out of the three starters, Snivy was my least favorite. But then, just like with Oshawott, I fell in love with it after watching the Best Wishes anime. This made me take a second look at it, and I turned out to love Snivy's sprite and animation. :kawaii: Then I took a look at its evolutions... and WOW! Of all the final starter evolutions of every generation released to date, I think there is no cooler Pokémon than Serperior. I love its "aura", its facial expression that says it's so much better than you and it knows it, you know it, and it knows you know it. :evil:

My Snivy Rudyard (bred from a traded Snivy) evolved into Serperior after only a couple hours of grinding, and it is now level 42. A more beautiful, dependable Pokémon I've never trained! :crush:

And to think I loved Tepig so much at first and dissed the other two completely, lol. :sweatlol: I can't believe Serperior turned out to be one of my favorite Pokémon not just of this gen but of all time! Funny how that works out...

^^ S2

also - Zorroark, i was using Liepard, no... i did like Liepard, its just that i was watching Yu Yu Hakusho and Zorroark's hair reminded me of Kurama(read:Badass) so yeah~

Whimsicott shocked me, I thought it would be just another grass-typed Pokemon, but it proved me wrong with it's great ability (Prankster) and it's high speed and status moves.

For me, it was Sawk and Pansage/Simisage. I hadn't really taken much notice of them(Though I hadn't even heard of Sawk until I saw it in the grass). And then I realised that I found them both very useful.

Roggenrola.

Same. It helped me take on Lenora and was originally going to be a sorta permanent member. However since I can't trade to get it to Gigalith, combined with its bad movepool (and bad special defense), I had to leave it in the box.

Same. It helped me take on Lenora and was originally going to be a sorta permanent member. However since I can't trade to get it to Gigalith, combined with its bad movepool (and bad special defense), I had to leave it in the box.

Mine just helped me beat Lenora, and it stayed in the party until I got my permanent party members. Pleasant surprise.

I tend to plan my parties out pre-game, but I ended up using Samurott. He wasn't appealing to me at first, but after my friend offered me an Oshawatt for a Snivy I bred I ended up using it a lot, and now its one of the only new Pokemon I actually like.

I didn't really think that I would use my Gothizelle, but now it is probably one of the strongest on my team!

I also thought I would end up scrapping my Simipour for a differant water type, but I've faithfully kept it, and I don't see me replacing it any time soon

I didn't think I'd use Simipour for so long but he remained in my party all the way through my Japanese Black. I used him again when I started White. :)

for gen. V it was Sawk. Someone traded me him and now he is a permanet team member, same as krookodile. For non gen.V its pellipper, again, someone traded me him, and now hes a permanet member'

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom