• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you forgot even existed

Reaction score
So are there any Pokemon you see so rarely in the games that you forgot that they even existed?

For me it's probably Dunsparce or Qwilfish.

Hmm *need to look up for it's name* Sentret XD I totally forgot that pokemon, but I got one yesterday x'D, and it's not even uncommon at HG

Skorupi/Drapion. Every time I see one, I think to myself, "What the hell is that thing?" Honorable mention goes to some of the Gen IV evos and prevos. Most of them seemed unnecessary.

I used to forget about...Shuckle, Qwilfish, Tyrogue, Stantler, Dunsparce, Delibird...because I didn't get Silver until after FrLg came out, and I hadn't seen much of the anime (although I always find, oddly enough, that I remember more episodes than I think I do), so they pretty much escaped my notice almost entirely. I don't forget about them any more, though. Although, on a related note, for a while I thought that Corsola and Skarmory were third gen, for more or less the same reason.

Although there are a few fifth gen ones I still have a hard time recalling.

I can never remember the names of Eelectross's line even when I was raising one. The first one is...Tynamo, but I kept wanting to call it Tympole.

Last edited:
I think I forgot that Baltoy existed once, but other than that, I've got the rest down in my head.

i remember accidentaly skipping Chatot when i did a ''name all Pokémon challenge'', boy, i was like, totally pissed when i remembered what i had forgotten

0_0

Sometimes I forget about Spinda and some other Gen. III Pokemon.

If I was asked to name every Pokemon, I'd forget more Gen II Pokemon I think (lets not include Gen V Pokemon in the example, they're new). I never owned a Johto game until HGSS. And now I've got Silver. :D

i normaly have an amazing memory, but my mind went completly blank on Lumineon.
hell, i forgot it so bad, for the longest time i was calling it frilish.

I used to keep forgetting Finneon and Lumineon until I remembered that I kept forgetting them. Didn't help that I believe Lumineon was for the longest time the last Pokemon I needed to see to get the National Dex back when I first got Diamond.

Lumineon, I forgot that thing existed before reading thought this thread XD.

These Pokemon are the ones I always forget when I take the Amnesia Attack at PsyPoke.

Qwilfish, Stantler, Buneary, Lopunny, Venonat, Venomoth, Cubone, Marowak, Doduo, and Dodrio.

Not that I can name all the Pokemon off the top of my head or anything, but I don't really "forget" about any Pokemon, excluding maybe the unreleased 5th Gen legendaries.

You know, by the next generation, I can't wait to see how many people forgot about Heatmor and Durant. Especially Durant.

How could I remember what I forget? Nah, but seriously, I have a pretty photographic memory when it comes to Pokemon, whenever I see one, I will more than likely, 99% of the time remember what it is.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom