• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you have had a hard time Catching.

Rayquaza in RSE, and XD001. That's it.

I just played Sapphire through again... had the most impossible time trying to catch Kyogre, cos my highest level Pokemon at the time was a level 37 Lunatone :( it took ages to catch him

Groudon and Kyogre in Pokémon Emerald were extremely challenging to catch.

Beldum is the hardest Pokémon to catch (in D/P/t).
It's located in the Route with constant Sandstorms, it has the lowest catch rate of all Pokémon, all its attacks (Take Down and Struggle) do recoil damage, and it only appears in Swarms.

I spent TWO YEARS trying to catch that thing before finally succeeding.

Other than that, I always have a hard time "catching" Blaziken. I just... hate it. >:

I had a hard time capturing Azelf and Uxie in DP. Mesprit wasn't hard at all. I went to the area it was in and the it was the first pokemon I encountered. THe first pokemon in my party was a Bronzong which knew block. But Azelf and Uxie kept fainting again and again.

Raikou and Entei in FR/LG. Back then, we didn't have your fancy pokeballs and catch rates. We had good ol' fashion ultra balls. On top of that, they both had a glitch where if they used roar to end the battle, the game registered them as fainted.
I used Zapdos to paralyze them, let them run then used Umbreon's mean look/baton pass combo to Cradily's suction cups. Sure, I could've used a soundproof Electrode with thunderwave but I didn't feel like raising one.
It took in the region of 40 ultra balls each. Bastards.

Suicune in SoulSilver took me multiple hours. Other than that, I can't recall any situation from the 4th Gen. Also, Lugia back in Gold.

Some of my hardest include Latias, Kyogre, Mewtwo, Darkrai, and (I know this sounds terrible) Skarmory and Stantler...

yeah i spent about 6 hours in the safari trying to get chansey in fire red (my current game). One time i had 4 appear in a row!!!! and didn't manage to get any of them. Eventually i didn't even bother throwing rocks and just threw a ball as soon as i saw one. Finally got one. And for some reason i had a freaking rattata break out of 3 ultra balls in a row.

Of the Regi Trio, I've always found Regice to be the hardest to catch, for some reason.

And the hardest to get to. You know the first time I could access its chamber? Three years after I bought Sapphire.

I had a rough time catching a Chansey recently. Also Mesprit in platinum and Latios in SS (I hate roamers).

Moltres in LeafGreen... GAAH, MOLTRES!!
and Regice in Emerald.

Not counting legendaries, that Farfetch'd in XD was, for some reason, a monster to capture. It used up so many balls, my anger ended up reaching the point where at one time I threatened I'd rape that thing with a sack of potatoes. Now it's a little joke between me and some friends who were watching that tragedy.

The roamers are all a pain to catch, except Cresselia for me. But the likes of the Legendary Beasts, and omg Mesprit (FU) gave me hell.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom