• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you have had a hard time Catching.

I could freeze Buldum or get one to sleep, and it always pop out of the ultra ball. We need one ball stronger then it.

Platinum

easy: cresselia (I had my Shiftry use False Swipe, and after it ran away, i found it again and used a quick ball to catch it)

medium: regigigas (i kept on using false swipe again than had my clefable use sing)

hard: Giratina (i wasted ANYTHING i had in my pokeball bag on it....but it was kinda worth it.)

Moltres.

Used tons of Pokeballs on him. Thankfully, I'd saved before I fought him. I must have battled him 15 times and used about 6 Ultra balls per time...whatta pain in my tuckus.

Raikou is getting on my nerves. I just need to trap him in battle, and maybe I'll finally win!

latias in heartgold. i send out gengar. mean look. hypnosis. dosent stay in ultra ball.wakes up,Mist Ball hits, gengar survives. repeat several times. gengar ends up fainting. send out dragonite,or other pokemon. pelt ultra ball. fail, run away.

Latias!!! :(!
I was almost 3 weeks following her around all Hoenn before catching her :( She always exit of the ball and she always run away xDU

I had the worst time catching the Wifi Event Darkrai. I had him down to 1 hp and I still couldn't catch him with an ultra ball, timer ball, dusk ball or a regular pokeball. I ended up having to use my master ball on him.

I don't use master balls, i just keep them as a souvenir.
hm, hard time catching, the Regi bros, haha.

Mewtwo took me forever in HGSS. I don't know why but I went through all my Ultra balls and I had almost fifteen.

Ho-Oh. 7 tries / 12 ultra balls each, and I don't even use it.
Latias!!! :(!
I was almost 3 weeks following her around all Hoenn before catching her :( She always exit of the ball and she always run away xDU

When I saw Latias, I threw my Master Ball right away.

Ditto, he was so hard for me, so I used my master ball
I was 10 at this time, and very impatient

Raikou and Entei both, I have them both paralyzed and under 10 HP remaining. But they just don't get in the freakin' ball! I've went through a total of: 34 Dusk Balls, 7 Fast Balls, and 56 Ultra Balls without catching either.

Well, I got to Lugia in Silver with 20 Pokeballs. And... a single Pokemon alive with no healing items, and no way to inflict status effects.

Four hours of soft-resetting later, I had a Lugia!

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom