• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you keep forgetting exist

Half the Unova Pokemon-- Larvesta, Elgyem/Beeheym, zen mode Darmanitan, Scolipede, and Gigalith.
Seriously. Until I looked at a Unova dex list, I thought Boldore was the only evolution of Roggenrola.

Half the Unova Pokemon-- Larvesta, Elgyem/Beeheym, zen mode Darmanitan, Scolipede, and Gigalith.
Seriously. Until I looked at a Unova dex list, I thought Boldore was the only evolution of Roggenrola.

Funnily enough, I tend to forget Roggenrola exists and just think it's Boldore > Gigalith.

Ekans, Paras, Parasect, Venonat, Weepinbell, Shellder, Kingler, Igglybuff, Natu, Unown, Qwilfish, Teddiursa, Corsola, Porygon2, Stantler, Whismur, Skitty, Delcatty, Meditite, Medicham, Gulpin, Swalot, Carvanha, Spoink, Grumpig, Cacnea, Barboach, Anorith, Castform, Shuppet, Chimecho, Clamperl, Huntail, Gorebyss, Relicanth, Jirachi, Mothim, Chingling, Stunky, Bonsly, Mime Jr., Chatot, Hippopotas, Hippowdon, Carnivine, Finneon, Lumineon, Mantyke, Rhyperior, Porygon-Z, Heatran, Phione, Manaphy, Victini, Munna, Musharna, Maractus, Minccino, Cinccino, Cryogonal, Druddigon, Rufflet, Braviary, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Heatmor, and Durant.

Oddly enough, usually, the first two Pokemon that come to my mind after thinking about something else completely unrelated are Dunsparce and Delibird. I've actually used Dunsparce before, and it was unexpectedly useful.

I don't forget pokemon exist per se. I mean, if I just heard the name of a pokemon it would spring to mind immediately, but there are a few pokemon that when they show up I'm like, "Oh yeah, there's that thing in this game." When I think of pokemon, these are like the last ones I think of.

Quilfish, Shuckle, Dunsparce, Clamperl and Barboach.

I don't forget pokemon exist per se. I mean, if I just heard the name of a pokemon it would spring to mind immediately, but there are a few pokemon that when they show up I'm like, "Oh yeah, there's that thing in this game." When I think of pokemon, these are like the last ones I think of.

Quilfish, Shuckle, Dunsparce, Clamperl and Barboach.

The same is true for me. I can get an image as soon as a name is mentioned, but I'll not remember them otherwise. Biggest offenders:

Barboach/Whiscash, Cacnea/Cacturne, Basculin, Stunky/Skuntank, Remoraid/Octillery, Cryogonal.

A handful of Johto Pokemon. Seriously, the Pokemon introduced in 2nd gen are the most forgettable ones. Most of them were obscure or hard to find, and it had a lot of useless single stages.

Smeargle. I always forgot about him till now.
Same here. When one popped up during one of my Dream World visits, I did a double take. Initially, I was like: "What the heck is this? And what is it doing in my Pokémon game?!"

There are a few that i less remember, but the one that i just keep forgetting exist is Chimecho in R/S/E. All i think that exist at Mt Pyre are Vulpix, Duskull and Shuppet. But when I learned about Chimecho being able to be found there, I searched for 30 minutes but no success. Until now, I just think of it as a Gen IV Pokemon.

Carvanha. For some reason, whenever I think of Sharpedo, I always forget it has a prevolution.
Probably because I always felt Sharpedo should of been a first stage and it should of gotten an Evolution.

Normally, Ghosts I remember since that's my favourite type, and also Grass. For some other types, where there are more members, I don't exactly remember them too much. Generation 5 is the most memorable Generation for me, so that isn't on my list. When I think of something I always forget, I often thought I already remember them by the time I think of them. For example, Manectric was a Pokemon I normally don't remember, as with Stantler, Sentret and Furret. So you can say they are normally in Generation 2 to 4.

Thanks for reading.,

• Burmy
• Spoink
• Dunsparce
• Shelder
• Shellos

I feel terrible for forgetting these.

Stantler. I always forget about Stantler. I've been meaning to use one for ages but every time I plan out my Johto team, Stantler slips my mind.

Also, Wailord. Another Pokemon I want to use but always forget about. I'm starting to feel like my teams are always the same. I'm so uncreative.

Carnivine and Finneon. They're just really forgettable and also from GenIV which I didn't play too much.

Well I tend to forget about the GEN one Pokemon like Bulbsaur and Charmander.

There are a few that i less remember, but the one that i just keep forgetting exist is Chimecho in R/S/E. All i think that exist at Mt Pyre are Vulpix, Duskull and Shuppet. But when I learned about Chimecho being able to be found there, I searched for 30 minutes but no success. Until now, I just think of it as a Gen IV Pokemon.

There's only 2% chance of finding a Chimecho over there. While it is more common than finding a Wailord on Route 129 (1%), it is still pretty rare.

I keep forgetting Clefairy & Jigglypuff have baby stages of their family. Then there's Aipom. :/

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom