• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you like but everyone else hate?

Pawniard and Bisharp. A lot of people don't like either one as they're "too human" but I adore them. Bisharp's just such a cutie.

A fellow Pawniard/Bisharp fan! Hooray! I love them because they look like Samurai/Power Rangers (or as it's called in Japan, Super Sentai). Plus their shiny color is Blue (which leads me to believe whoever designed them has obviously seen Super Sentai). I use to think Dark/Steel was a terrible typing but with the buffing of Steel in Gen VI, I realized Pawniard/Bisharp just got way better. Then there's the fact it also absolutely wrecks Fairy types.

Glaceon. I love it because it's so cute and has great offenses and bulk but people tend to hate it for its typing and the fact it's an Eeveelution.

I like Reshiram and Zekrom despite people complaining they look like Digimon ripoffs.

I like Togekiss. A lot of my friends criticize me for using mine in battles because of its Serene Grace ability; they also make fun of me because it's too "girly," apparently.

I have a soft spot for Qwilfish since it's a puffer fish, which was one of my favourite animals when I was younger. An evolution or two would do wonders for its popularity, I bet.

I didn't even know people disliked Pawniard and Bisharp. o_o Bisharp is in almost every single one of my teams.

Besides those two, I really like Magneton and Klinklang. I never understood why people are so in a fuss about these two, I think they look pretty badass. x:

Emboar is my favourite Unova starter and a lot of people seem to hate it because it was the third Fire/Fighting starter in the row and well i don't really freaking care if it was, it's a sumo wrestler boar with a fire beard, just saying that out loud sounds awesome.

I thought of another one: Purugly. Nobody seems to like Purugly very much just because it has the word "ugly" in its name. I think it's actually pretty cute. :crush: (But maybe that's just because I've always been a cat person. ;-))

I like Floatzel a lot, I feel like it's overshadowed by the popularity of it's previous form Buizel, you see people adore Buizel but they look at it's evolution Floatzel and go "meh" and I don't like how under-appreciated it is. I also adore Mienfoo/Mienshao, another under-appreciated Pokemon, and I do think Watchog and Quilladin are pretty cute too.

Watchog is one of me favorite but like every other regional rodent, everyone hates him, seriously how can anyone not like a face like this?

178.jpg

That face makes me admire Watchog, and I do feel it's not as hated as much as it used to be.

Carnivine, Yanma, Wooper, Quagsire, Surskit, Masquerain, Dunsparce, Delcatty, Buneary, Zigzagoon, Linoone, Zubat, Solrock, Lunatone, Mantine, Floatzel, Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium, Sunkern, Maractus, Hoppip, Skiploom, Jumpluff, Kirlia, Mime Jr. , Deoxys, Sigilyph, Jynx,

Most pokemon of Gen III get a lot of hate although that is my favorite generation. Mudkip, Marshtomp, Swampert I see are often the most hated starters though they are my favorite pokemon.

I wouldn't say they're hated, but nobody seems to give the Porygon line a lot of love. I adore all the Porygons, I see them as love letters to the onset of the Digital Revolution.

A large bulk of Bug types, particularly Wormadam which is very obscure and oft ignored, and Kricketune.

I'm replaying Diamond right now, and trying to use Pokemon that I normally wouldn't use, or that most people shy away from. I started with Piplup (the only reason being that I would normally pick one of the other two starters) and I have added Picharisu and Chingling. Does anyone use these last two at all? Does anyone else have any ideas to round out my team with other rarely-used Pokemon?

I wouldn't say they're hated, but nobody seems to give the Porygon line a lot of love. I adore all the Porygons, I see them as love letters to the onset of the Digital Revolution.

I love Porygon, too! It's actually one of my favorites. :crush:

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom