• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you like but everyone else hate?

-Chikorita line. People think they're the weakest of the 3 Johto starters, but they're pretty useful in the right situations.

-Every single evolution of an old pokemon introduced in Gen 4. They're all so unique, and I feel like no one likes them, from what I've seen.

-I've learned to like male Combees,as well. They seem like they need someone to like them.

-The Vanillite line, because who would expect some ice cream to defeat a dragon?

-Also, I find Binacle adorable. I want to hug one.

Wait, there are people who hate Togekiss and Bisharp?
WHAT.

I love Purugly, Kricketune, Garbodor, and Porygon! They're so cute and really underrated.

Arceus, apparently.

A complaint I've heard (in the "Pokémon that shouldn't exist" thread) is that "if Arceus is supposed to be the creator of all Pokémon, then why are there new Pokémon?" The answer is simple: the Pokémon are in regions that haven't been explored in the games yet. They aren't "new" to the people in the games, they're only "new" to you because you've never seen them before!

Another complaint I've heard about Arceus is that "if it's the central deity in the Pokémon universe, then why doesn't it get mentioned in any other games?"
Okay, 1: Nintendo would get a HECK of a lot of complaints from irate parents who thought that they were trying to impose another religion onto kids if they did that, and
2: It's been made perfectly clear that there are VERY few people, even in the Sinnoh region, that have ever even HEARD of Arceus. It's only ever referred to as "The Original One" in texts, and those were believed to be nothing but myths up until Team Galactic managed to drag Dialga and Palkia out of their respective hiding places, as is the case with most Legendary Pokémon. That's why they're called Legendary: They're believed to only exist in LEGENDS. Finally,
3: There haven't been ANY situations outside of Diamond, Pearl and Platinum that have called for the need to reference the Sinnoh Myths. WHY would they just have some random callback to a previous game just for the sake of calling back to it? All that would accomplish would be to take you out of the plot of the games you were playing, basically just to say: "Hey, remember these games? They existed!" -_- Seriously, I'll never understand why the bloody blazes everyone complains about Arceus aside from wanting something to complain about.

I really like Arceus. I'm fascinated by mythologies in general, and Arceus added a whole new book to the Pokémon mythos.

Last edited:
I thought of another one: Purugly. Nobody seems to like Purugly very much just because it has the word "ugly" in its name. I think it's actually pretty cute. :crush: (But maybe that's just because I've always been a cat person. ;-))
PURUGLY IS AMAZING.
IT COULD EAT EVERY OTHER CAT POKEMON AND STILL BE HUNGRY. :3

I love zigzagoon. It's so cute and funny. Also, my zigzagoon in Y ( named 'Tanuki') was strangely useful for paralysing everything. Zigzagoon probably almost tops gen 3 for me, which is impressive since gen 3 has lots of other favourites of mine which are too popular to mention here. It's also probably my favourite normal type of all. I don't like linoone much, though. I haven't allowed Tanuki to evolve yet, and I don't plan to. I even gave him an eviolite so I had a 'rational' reason for not evolving him, in case anyone questioned my judgement.

Stunfisk! <(•θ•)>

He's just plain awesome, but he gets so much hate...
Just for being a bit derpy...

Everyone love Stunfisk now please thank you :3

Honestly, I love all Pokemon, so all of them really. I see quite a lot of hate for Maggyo, but I love it... for some reason. It's a pretty derpy looking Pokemon, and yes, it looks like it was ran over by a car, but for some reason I think it's cute.

I also like Koiking, despite it being the weakest Pokemon ever.

Stunfisk! <(•θ•)>

He's just plain awesome, but he gets so much hate...
Just for being a bit derpy...

Everyone love Stunfisk now please thank you :3

Yes! Another Maggyo fan!

I like Probopass. His sombrero moves up and down in his XY model, just awesome.
And ofcource: that epic moustache.

Plusle and Minun. I know they're just gimmick Pokemon, but I still love the little rascals.

I think a lot of Pokemon that used to be hated are getting more love now so it's tough. But in general I really do like the "object" pokemon. I think their cute and inventive. So my list would be Trubbish, Vanillite, Klefki.

Linoone. Back when I first played Sapphire, I had a Linoone on my team, and he was right trusty. Pulled me out of some tough spots. (Looking at you, Norman).

Yes.
Yes yes yes.

I love that grocery bag, and it's older sibling the trash bag.
I cannot tell you how much they've grown on me. My God, I love them.

And I've been on a mission to get them shiny.
One day, I hope to hatch my very own shiny little shopping bag, and while the world scoffs at my little pogey, I'll be one proud mama~♥

I reallllyyy like Ducklett, it's so fluffy and adorable, with a tinge of derpiness! What's not to love? Well, I guess it's weak stats... I see it never gets much recognition and gets some hate, but I like it a lot! :D

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom