• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you like but everyone else hate?

Though they get a lot of hate for being common and annoying, I've always had a soft spot for Tentacool and Tentacruel. Water/Poison is a really good typing and they have an appealing design to go with it. Repels aren't that expensive anyway.

Though they get a lot of hate for being common and annoying, I've always had a soft spot for Tentacool and Tentacruel. Water/Poison is a really good typing and they have an appealing design to go with it. Repels aren't that expensive anyway.

I forgot about Tentacool and Tentacruel. I like them too, especially Tentacruel because it reminds me of Squidward. :lol:

And I just thought of another one: Stunfisk. (When I'm not losing to it in the Battle Maison, anyway.) It's kind of cute in my opinion, and I like the unique typing.

I forgot about Tentacool and Tentacruel. I like them too, especially Tentacruel because it reminds me of Squidward. :lol:

And I just thought of another one: Stunfisk. (When I'm not losing to it in the Battle Maison, anyway.) It's kind of cute in my opinion, and I like the unique typing.

I agree with you, and Winterdaze, I've always liked Tentacool/cruel. Their typing and designs are great.

And also, Stunfisk was a powerhouse on my Black team. I never understood the hate for it. It couldn't be about its' derp face, because that face brightens up my day every time I'm feeling down.
tumblr_lyu3xwewIA1rnth6zo1_500_thumb.gif

The Chikorita line is my favorite line of starters in the entire series; I don't understand why it's so disliked. I also like Kricketune (especially its dubstep-esque cry) despite its abysmal stats and notorious status as the early-region bug.

I tend to like the ones that get the most hate, granted they don't "deserve" it. A few of which are definitely the Regi trio. Who couldn't like golems made of elements that are also types? I personally find ones like these who are based off of inanimate objects better than what everyone seems to say. Regigigas on the other hand...

Except for Bunnelby, I love most of the early normal types - Rattata/Raticate, Sentret/Furret, Zigzagoon/Linoone, Bidoof/Bibarel & Patrat/Watchog - don't get why so many others hate them & say stuff like 'only good for the first gym or two', every time I have mine they always accompany me to the Elite 4 & Champ and do much better than expected, I just guess the other trainers don't have time to raise them right.

Watchog is one of me favorite but like every other regional rodent, everyone hates him, seriously how can anyone not like a face like this?

178.jpg

So true, it's m #1 favorite - at least on another PokeForum they complain more about it's eyes, which I find cute.

Zubat. People hate it because you run into them a lot in caves, but if you catch it, train it and raise it well with love, it'll become a super-fast Crobat! :D

Emboar and Bidoof. I think Emboar is pretty rad design wise, and love the shiny coloration. I wasn't fond of it when it was first revealed because I wish it stayed on four legs, but it grew on me. Bidoof because I think it's funny, cute, and I love beavers in general.

I think there's nothing particularly wrong with the Trubbish and Vanillite line. Not my favorites by far, but I don't mind them. I get a lot of WTFs when I mention that I love Gen V, and everyone seems to harp on how awful Gen V is because of those two Pokemon lines. EVERYONE mentions them. I was thinking of making a drinking game based on how many times someone says they hate Gen V because of those two. I'd die.

I think a lot of Gen V designs are super cool and creative ):

Shiftry. Shiftry is perhaps one of the most forgotten Pokemon of all time especially due to the fact that Cacturne overshadowed it during Gen III. It's really quite good though.

Shiftry. Shiftry is perhaps one of the most forgotten Pokemon of all time especially due to the fact that Cacturne overshadowed it during Gen III. It's really quite good though.

I've used Shiftry before, and I like it too. It's probably one of my favorite grass types. :)

Is Swoobat disliked much or not? Because I've always been fond of it and most people don't seem to think much of it.

I'm fond of the early normal ones too. Like Rattata or Furret or Watchog. They're greatly underestimated imo.

People whine a lot because Honedge is another inanimate object Pokemon. COME. ON! The only thing manlier would be a solid gold machine gun with fighter jet wings! At least it isn't freaking three magnets!

People whine a lot because Honedge is another inanimate object Pokemon. COME. ON! The only thing manlier would be a solid gold machine gun with fighter jet wings! At least it isn't freaking three magnets!
Honedge and also Doublade do the most important thing, make the last evo (Aegislash) look even more badass and awesome.

I love Conkeldurr but i hardly know anybody who likes it, it's freaking powerful even competitive wise.

I love Oshawott even though most people seem to hate the species because of Ash's Oshawott. I also like Horsea, which seems like a widely neglected Water-type.

I love Oshawott even though most people seem to hate the species because of Ash's Oshawott. I also like Horsea, which seems like a widely neglected Water-type.

Oshawott is hated? I've seen more people who hate Tepig. Anyway, I like Oshawott too. It was my starter in Pokemon White and I loved it. The evolutions all look cool, and it can learn a lot of useful moves.

I like Tepig too, even though I've never really used it. It's cute, and it evolves into the awesome looking Emboar. I don't think it would be hated nearly as much if it hadn't been the third Fire/Fighting starter in a row.

I love Conkeldurr but i hardly know anybody who likes it, it's freaking powerful even competitive wise.

I actually think Conkuldurr is pretty cool too. He was one of my mains during my first play-through of white. :D

Sometimes I feel like the only person ever who thinks Trubbish is absolutely adorable. Garbodor is pretty boss too, and he was absolutely crucial to my team when I took on the champion in Black 2. That's a pretty scary Haxorus, Iris, it would be a shame if something were to... poison it.

If I could have a Pokemon as a house pet, I would totally have a Trubbish. That face...

How can you say no to that adorable face??

Please note: The thread is from 9 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom