• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

I found Cacnea and Cacturne rather amazing. Not only because Cacnea was a Pokemon Team Rocket had in the anime (When they were allowed to have Pokémon remember?)

But Cacturne is a really good Pokemon. He hits like a truck and can learn Spiky Shield and Sucker Punch, He is a glass cannon but I love those.

I have a soft spot for Rhyperior. Many people say that it's a "downgrade" from Rhydon, but I think that Rhyperior is really cool in general. I feel like that I'm the only person who actually likes Rhyperior sometimes. Other unpopular Pokemon that I really like are Toxicroak, Dusknoir, Galvantula, Manectric, Tentacruel and Quagsire.

I have a soft spot for Rhyperior. Many people say that it's a "downgrade" from Rhydon, but I think that Rhyperior is really cool in general. I feel like that I'm the only person who actually likes Rhyperior sometimes.

Same thing happens to me with Magmortar. Some people thing is a downgrade from Magmar cause he losses some speed. But he learns cool moves like Thunderbolt and Focus Blast. Also he has Two rad cannons as arms.

Delphox is a Mon that most everyone trashes, but I find it charming. I like the mage/witch motif it has going for it, but everyone calls it ugly, especially compared to Braixen, even GF themselves. Plus it's really rocking that witch purple/grey shiny color. I love naming mine either Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 or Nina from Breath of Fire, as both names fit it in my opinion (for bonus points, one of Nina's meanings is "fire", and it's a Fire-type, which adds an extra layer on it). But everyone bashes it to kingdom come like it's the walking plague of the Kalos starters, as well as uses it as an "example" of "how far the Psychic-type has fallen" bit, which is highly unfair. But I find Delphox to be fun, cute, and charming. And it's pretty solid battle-wise. So, yeah, I like Delphox yet it's like everyone made it their personal mission to treat it as a monstrosity.

I don’t see a lot of love for Hariyama. I understand this, as it’s design clearly won’t appeal to most, but I find it cool.
Also, Alcremie. I understand that it’s existence is hell for people who make living Dexes, but it’s so cute! Also, it’s stats aren’t a complete joke.
Edit: Meant Alcremie instead of Milcery.

Last edited:
A lot of people rag on the Pidove line, but I personally find it really charming: Pidove is adorable, and Unfezant's gender differences not only make the males and females visually distinct from each other in a way that's visually interesting whereas with almost every other Pokemon with gender differences it's just stuff like "males have larger horns" or "females have heart shapes somewhere in their body 'cause girls like cutesy hearts", but is actually accurate to the sexual dimorphism of many real-life bird species. I kinda get why Unfezant is not well regarded, since it did have the misfortune of being sandwiched between two regional birds that are actually competitively strong (Staraptor and Talonflame) and its movepool was absolutely garbage when it first debuted, but not everything needs to be a competitive powerhouse to be interesting.

I genuinely love Cryogonal. Its stats are oddly distributed, it learns a ton of weird moves, and it's overshadowed by almost any other Ice-type, yet I just love the thing and I couldn't tell you why. Everyone else I've met either dislikes it or forgets it even exists, but something about this big scary snowflake is just very endearing to me.

I also don't see a lot of appreciation for Bastiodon, the poor thing. I've always thought it was pretty cute, not to mention it can be a great wall when used right.

I like regular Farfetch'd and I'm tired of pretending I'm not.

Most people don't like Seel and Dewgong for being too similar to actual seals, but I don't mind it, Seel and Dewgong are both very cute and cool
Furret is also really cute but never gets talked about or gets any attention at all.
Hoot Hoot and Noctowl are also very cool and don't get talked about or get much attention
Girafarig is very cool and I hate that it was supposed to have a full three stage evolution line and an actual second giraffe head instead of the tail thing but it all got cut. This is probably why most people forget about it too
Poochyena and Mightyena are really cool, and I dislike that it barely appears outside of its own gen.
Zigzagoon, especially its galarian variant, is adorable
While I think Buizel is pretty well liked, though underrated, Floatzel isn't liked as much I believe. I like Floatzel as much as Buizel.
Rhyperior is generally disliked, but I think it's really cool. Not much worse than Rhydon if it's worse at all IMO
I don't see Shaymin talked about much, perhaps because its a mythical, but I think it's quite cute. In particular though, Shaymin's sky form is both very cool and very cute
While I dislike that Dewott didn't evolve into another samurai otter like it should have, and that Samurott doesn't feel like it should be a part of the Oshawott line, I do still think Samurott is really awesome regardless. It's my second favorite fully evolved water starter after Empoleon
Zebstrika is really cool. I believe I've heard before that it's movepool is awful and that's why people don't like it much, but I still think its design is really cool at least
Carracosta is a pretty cool pokemon, though inferior to most other turtle pokemon like Blastoise and Torterra
Fennekin's evolutions, especially Delphox, gets a lot of hate because people find it ugly, but I personally love it. Yeah, the evolutions are somewhat furry bait, but the concept of a fox witch with fire powers is just awesome af, and I also don't have any problems with Delphox's design at all either. The whole line is awesome.
Torracat is awesome and my favorite of the Litten line, but most people consider it an inferior second stage pokemon at best and a bad pokemon at worst, which I disagree with. It's both really awesome and really cute
I feel the exact same way about Raboot, very cool and cute but most people don't like it much.
I'm not sure what Boltund's reputation is like, I assumed people like it, but I saw someone recently say it's really overhated, and that surprised me because I always found Boltund awesome. If that pokemon isn't liked, then that also fits on this list.
Glastrier and Spectrier are really awesome and I hate that they're stuck being connected with Calyrex who is quite ugly and has a bad design. I don't even know the lore behind Spectrier and Glastrier outside of Calyrex riding them because I stopped playing sword and shield like half way through due to being bored by it, but they just look so cool.
Chikorita line is very cute and cool even though it isn't great in its game, but a lot of people mentioned them here so I don't think it should count tbh

I think that my favorite Dragalge is not that popular. I just like him because he's kind of nice. oh yeah, he's also poison type. I LIKE POISON TYPE. Seismitoad is cool too. he just looks so innocent. I also note Yamask because he is simply the best with the Lantern Ghost. Thats why i love floating pokemon

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom