• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

I really like Torterra, Noctowl and Brionne.

Torterra was one of the first grass types I saw, and the first defensively oriented design I liked.
Owls are cool, and the anime's depiction of Noctowl was nice! Too bad it isn't a psychic type.
I'm usually not a fan of middle stage Pokémon, but Brionne really sticks out. I don't care for Popplio and Primarina (which are quite popular, from what I've seen). Brionne has a nice design, and one of my favourite middle stage Pokemon (beating Wartortle and Ivysaur).

After replaying Platinum, I remembered an old favorite of mine: Shellos and Gastrodon. They are quite the interesting Water-types with a very cool feature in their two different colored/shaped forms. They also have pretty good movepools all things considering, and they can be fun to mix and match various tactics with. My preferred of the two is the East Sea (green and blue), but I like the line as a whole due to cuteness and interesting concepts. Shame no one ever really talks about them, but I find them cute and cool.

I have an uncommon appreciation for lunatone and beheeyem.

• To quote Bogleech: "TRUBBISH AND GARBODOR AND TRUBBISH AND GARBODOR AND TRUBBISH" because dammit, I love those things. They're adorable.
  • I'm also fond of Crabombinable because I love goofy Pokemon and Pokemon based on cool yet obscure animals.
  • Buzzwole is pretty divisive, but it's easily my favorite UB because its constant flexing makes it hilarious to watch.
  • Incineroar gets a lot of flak, but I love the heel-wrestling tiger because of how much personality his animations and design have, even though I like Decidueye and Primarina more. He's probably my favorite Fire-type starter, although being a Dark-type helps in that regard.
  • Finally, I'm also pretty fond of Sandygast and Palossand, because they look goofy, but are actually pretty damn terrifying.
damn, I agree with all of that
especially palossand, crabominable, and (as you mention in your later post) zubat & golbat
also, I didn't know people here knew about bogleech. I love that guy.
Do people actually like the evolutions of Bellsprout? I'm a fan but I don't see too many people that are when I talk Pokemon with people.
I like it

Last edited:
Well, my favourite Bayleef and my beloved Chikorita and Meganium are some of the less popular starters, if that counts. In general, I think middle evolutions are too often overlooked for unevolved and final evolved Pokemon, especially when it comes to starters. I also like Ivysaur a lot. And maybe not a starter, but I often see Pidgeot and Dragonite being liked, while I don't see Pidgeotto and Dragonair being cherished. I love those two.

Also, Altaria is often overlooked in favour of stronger dragons. And Raichu is often overlooked in favour of Pikachu.

I also love Togetic, which rarely gets any love. Lots of anime fans prefer Togepi, most gamers prefer Togekiss, and Togetic is stuck in limbo between those.

Now, on to the really unloved ones I like... Jumpluff, Ledyba, Politoed and Whiscash definitely qualify. Anyone else here liking these adorable cuties?

My appreciation for Chikorita has recently skyrocketed thanks to it being my player character in Super Mystery Dungeon. The egg move Ancient Power and its way too broken secondary effect helped me grind and train in places where I had no business ever doing such, to the point when I was level 35 on the credits. To put it into perspective, my newest game clear in Blue Rescue Team was at level 34.

Chikorita helped me become overleveled in PSMD of all games. I'd never use it in the main series but holy hell do I love that Pokémon a lot more now!

adding to my list, I quite like cryogonal, gothorita (but not either of its evolution relatives, eww), masquerain, huntail, ledian, beautifly, exploud, and vespiquen. All pokemon I don't see much appreciation for.

btw, I have not mentioned stunfisk in this thread because it has surprising cult popularity. I'm inclined to not mention gulpin either, for similar reasons, because even if it's less popular than stunfisk it oddly seems to have more of a following than I used to think. It and fisky are especially popular in japan, apparently. I did mention its evolution earlier in the thread, but even swalot's probably more popular than half the stuff people have mentioned here.
Do the Ultra Beasts count? Because I adore them and most people don't really like any of them.
hmm, that seems like an inaccurate statement to me. Quite a few people seem to like at least one of them, even if some are obviously more popular than others. Of them, I like guzzlord, ub-assembly, and ub-burst. Nihilego and xurkitree are sort of cool too.

Last edited:
From what I've seen, not many people seem to like Incineroar because it looks like another Fire/Fighting starter. Well, I personally adore it. In fact it's one of my favourite Pokémon. I really love its design and how much personality it shows in game.
Another Pokémon I like that not many others seem to is Spritzee, and Aromatisse as well. I personally think they're amazing, and adorable as well. Aromatisse took a while to grow on me, but now I really like it.
Oh, and I can't forget to mention the elemental monkeys as well. Most people I've meet hate them, but I think they're great, especially Pansage/Simisage. Simisage actually happens to be one of my favourite Unova Pokémon AND Grass types.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don't know how popular or unpopular all Pokemon are, these are just the ones I perceived to be disliked among the fandom that I happen to love. Too tired to bother with explanations for why I like these mon, but here they are.
  • Zubat and Golbat (I like them even before they become Crobat)
  • The Tentacool line
  • Lickitung
  • The Chikorita line
  • Quagsire
  • Unown
  • The Pineco line
  • Dunsparce
  • Delibird
  • The Nosepass line
  • The Skitty line
  • Mawile
  • Illumise
  • The Gulpin line
  • Spinda
  • The Bidoof line
  • The Glameow line
  • Emboar
  • Samurott
  • Unfezant (the male has a cool "mask" imo)
  • Maractus
  • The Trubbish line
  • The Ducklett line
  • The Vanillite line
  • The Cubchoo line
  • Stunfisk
  • Druddigon
  • Delphox
  • The Crabrawler line
  • Shiinotic
  • All Pikachu clones
  • All Pokemon based off inanimate objects that I forgot to list...
  • All Ultra Beast

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom