1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Bulbagarden has launched a new public Discord server. Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We've overhauled the Bulbagarden forum rules. You should read the new set here !
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Bulbagarden is currently running a site-wide staff drive! Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by FedoraWearingMarowak, Apr 29, 2015.

1. CherubCookie

CherubCookie Cookie Monster

Blog Posts:
    Do people actually like the evolutions of Bellsprout? I'm a fan but I don't see too many people that are when I talk Pokemon with people.

poke trey and JFrombaugh like this.
  2. Froyo

Froyo Sleepless Dessert

Blog Posts:
    Hrmmm, I'm not too in touch with the Pokemon fanbase, so I wouldn't really know much; but, Togekiss, I guess. One of my favorite Pokemon below Garchomp and Lucario. I like their design and lore a lot :3

Which really is what I care for about the creatures, haha.

3. CherubCookie

CherubCookie Cookie Monster

Blog Posts:
    But Togekiss is like an adorable fat chicken!

poke trey, Guzma and Froyo like this.
  4. PkmnTrainerV

PkmnTrainerV Flame Trainer

Blog Posts:
    I really like Torterra, Noctowl and Brionne.

Torterra was one of the first grass types I saw, and the first defensively oriented design I liked.
    Owls are cool, and the anime's depiction of Noctowl was nice! Too bad it isn't a psychic type.
    I'm usually not a fan of middle stage Pokémon, but Brionne really sticks out. I don't care for Popplio and Primarina (which are quite popular, from what I've seen). Brionne has a nice design, and one of my favourite middle stage Pokemon (beating Wartortle and Ivysaur).

Gengarzilla and Zkat like this.
  5. Nicolas721

Nicolas721 Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I like Victreebel a lot! Not only because of his anime role, also because he looks like a huggable bag. :love:

CherubCookie likes this.
  6. CynthiaLover

CynthiaLover Geek of the Games

Blog Posts:
    After replaying Platinum, I remembered an old favorite of mine: Shellos and Gastrodon. They are quite the interesting Water-types with a very cool feature in their two different colored/shaped forms. They also have pretty good movepools all things considering, and they can be fun to mix and match various tactics with. My preferred of the two is the East Sea (green and blue), but I like the line as a whole due to cuteness and interesting concepts. Shame no one ever really talks about them, but I find them cute and cool.

7. Neosquid

Neosquid sunken spiral castle

Blog Posts:
    I have an uncommon appreciation for lunatone and beheeyem.

damn, I agree with all of that
    especially palossand, crabominable, and (as you mention in your later post) zubat & golbat
    also, I didn't know people here knew about bogleech. I love that guy.
    I like it

#187 Neosquid, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  8. shinso67

shinso67 New Member

Blog Posts:
    Claydol is probably one of my favorite Pokémon and I don't hear much about it. Also Venomoth and Ariados are pretty cool imo

Guzma and Zkat like this.
  9. DoctorWhy

DoctorWhy Time Lord wannabe

Blog Posts:
    Two gems right there. Would love to see them get regional variants/Mega evolutions.

Guzma likes this.
  10. Guzma

Guzma Ya boi

Blog Posts:
    If I decided to use a Tinted Lens Venomoth on my team, I'd nickname it ATV.

DoctorWhy likes this.
  11. Champion Bayleef

Blog Posts:
    Well, my favourite Bayleef and my beloved Chikorita and Meganium are some of the less popular starters, if that counts. In general, I think middle evolutions are too often overlooked for unevolved and final evolved Pokemon, especially when it comes to starters. I also like Ivysaur a lot. And maybe not a starter, but I often see Pidgeot and Dragonite being liked, while I don't see Pidgeotto and Dragonair being cherished. I love those two.

Also, Altaria is often overlooked in favour of stronger dragons. And Raichu is often overlooked in favour of Pikachu.

I also love Togetic, which rarely gets any love. Lots of anime fans prefer Togepi, most gamers prefer Togekiss, and Togetic is stuck in limbo between those.

Now, on to the really unloved ones I like... Jumpluff, Ledyba, Politoed and Whiscash definitely qualify. Anyone else here liking these adorable cuties?

Zkat and PkmnTrainerV like this.
  12. noworry

noworry soup

Blog Posts:
    Girafarig has always been one of my favourites, but I feel like it gets forgotten a lot? Or maybe that's just me.

13. Vulpix037

Vulpix037 Skiing Pikachu

Blog Posts:
    Pinsir. Several Pokémon Go players hate it, possibly because it doesn't evolve, but its my favourite Bug type Pokémon. Although Bug is my least favourite type.

14. Gengarzilla

Gengarzilla And Mega-size it, please.

Blog Posts:
    My appreciation for Chikorita has recently skyrocketed thanks to it being my player character in Super Mystery Dungeon. The egg move Ancient Power and its way too broken secondary effect helped me grind and train in places where I had no business ever doing such, to the point when I was level 35 on the credits. To put it into perspective, my newest game clear in Blue Rescue Team was at level 34.

Chikorita helped me become overleveled in PSMD of all games. I'd never use it in the main series but holy hell do I love that Pokémon a lot more now!

15. Team Gaara

Team Gaara ~TWO MOONS~

Blog Posts:
    #Justice4Slurpuff

Gengarzilla likes this.