• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

The elemental monkeys. Everyone hates on this line but I just think theyre so cute.

I think it would have been cooler tho if they had been like Eevee but for physical types, but oh well.

I love Pikachu the most, but a few of my friends like him as well, so my secret favorite would have to be Growlithe.

Delphox. After playing with it in Y, it really grew on me, even though everyone seems almost disgusted by it.

Big Delphox fan here. One of my favorite of all time.

Foongus - it's a cute and neat little mushroom
Zubat - aerodynamic and cute
Jynx - funny and I down right like the design
Farfectch'd - I like the whole stick wielding thing and I like how it looks too.
Seel and Dewgong - a lot of people say that these Pokemon epitomize the 'stick a horn on it' design trend in Gen I but I've always liked that trend and these two seem very cute and smiley
Shelder - cute
Voltorb and Electrode - I like them quite a bit for some reason
Goldeen - pretty and again, I like the horn
Staryu and Starmie - are these still considered unlikeable/weird because they don't have a face? I like their design and think they're interesting.
Chikorita line - A lot of people moan about them because they're bad for battling but I like their design a lot
Delbird - it's cute and I like the whole tail bag thing
Xatu - most people don't care about it or think it's weird but I particularly like it
Shuckle - unique in a plain kind of way
Shedinja - unique and I like the design
Bidoof and Bibarel - so so cute
Timburr line - I remember hearing quite a few people saying that they didn't like it but I dig the whole cary-a-heavy-object thing.

Last edited:
I actually think a lot of people like Growlithe.

Considering Arcanine is my favourite mon, I certainly do!

Certainly, but I haven't seen anyone around me expressing any liking towards it, which is why I mentioned it.

I also like Geodude.

Oh, let me count the ways...
  • Regice for basically being a robot made of Never-Melt Ice that can also electrocute people (Good luck petting one, though)
  • Regirock for being able to stand toe-to-toe with a Garchomp in Battle Revolution
  • Registeel for being an oddly sleek iron golem that looks ancient yet futuristic at the same time
  • Regigigas for being an enjoyable mossy toaster-bot who messes with competitive players' expectations
  • Armaldo for its adorable stubby claws
  • Magmortar for its freaking bazooka arms that can shoot anything from fire to lightning to ki... and then just punch stuff surprisingly hard when it gets bored with that
  • Klefki for its fun concept and the sheer torment it can inflict on the unprepared
  • Meganium for its endearing design and how useful they'd be in the real world for fighting crop failure
  • Magneton > Magnezone. Maybe I enjoy the aesthetic of three fused magnet bots acting in sync more than a single UFO.
  • Claydol for getting people to read Wikipedia about lesser-known products of Japanese art history. I'm also a sucker for inanimate Pokemon that also kinda resemble/act like robots, I guess.
  • If people really hate Delphox, add 'em to the list. The mon's got some neat influences and fits in perfectly with the other two.
  • ...Does Reuniclus count? People don't actively hate the adorable aspic-armored mon but I don't see much fanfare for 'em.

Last edited:
Regigigas is another one for me. I dunno why, as I know it's terrible battle-wise, but... at the same time, I rather like it. I find the other three Regis rather meh-ish, but for some reason Regigigas strikes a chord with me. It probably helps that it got a good role in the Adventures manga, during the DPPt chapters, and went to one of my favorite protags in the manga: Diamond. It's hard to really explain why I like it, but I just do, as something about it just endears it to me. Strange, I admit, but somehow it just resonated well with me, though it did take a little time for me to warm up to it, as I was so-so to it at the start (though, again, I liked it better than its "minions" right off the bat). Again, I think Adventures really helped paint it in a better light than it usually gets, which made me like it even more. So, yeah, I like Regigigas.

Yanma. I've yet to see anyone who dislikes it, but I rarely see anyone mention the species as being their favorite, which makes me think that most folks simply ignore its existence. :c

Yanma. I've yet to see anyone who dislikes it, but I rarely see anyone mention the species as being their favorite, which makes me think that most folks simply ignore its existence. :c

One of my top 20 favorite Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom