Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Reaction score
Sorry guys, but there's an official poll that confirms that Greninja, Lucario, Charizard and Eeveelutions lovers are the majority. As for me:
  • Pineco has always looked cute to me in a strange way.
  • Same with Unown, it's a very mysterious Pokémon.
  • Marshtomp is the best thing in the Poke-universe.
  • Regice.
  • The Gen 4 babies get unfair hate.
  • Palpitoad.
  • The first stage elemental monkeys aren't that bad.
  • Crabominable.
  • Charjabug.
  • Chewtle and Stonjouner are lovely.

Highly Explosive
Reaction score
Sorry guys, but there's an official poll that confirms that Greninja, Lucario, Charizard and Eeveelutions lovers are the majority.
Yeah, those Pokemon have no place in a thread like this. They are most definitely not Pokemon that "everyone dislikes."
Charjabug.
Wait, people hate the bus bug?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I haven't met any hardcore Stonjouner fan, it showed up a few times in the "Least favorite Pokemon of every generation" thread, and most reviews says it's a boring way to portray Stonehenge.

Charjabug is more on the "mixed opinions" side, but many people said it was boring when it was revealed.

Reaction score
Ah... Almost every favorite Pokémon of mine is "barely liked", which means I can have some fun with this thread.

Exeggutor: among the Psychic-type Pokémon of Gen. I, it has always been my first pick.
Moltres: well, it's my favourite Kanto's legendary Pokémon and I'm not afraid to say it. How can you not like those marvelous wings made of fire?
Meganium: as I said in a previous thread, it looks absolutely sleek and beautiful in all of its simplicity.
Exploud: it's very unique and awesome looking, this "noise" based Pokémon.
Medicham: not only it's a beautiful fighter, but its mega evolved form is strongly screaming "Fighting/Psychic" in the best way it can exist.
Grumpig: it looks very unique and its "blacky" colours just make me crazy.
Walrein: it's a solid Ice-type Pokémon and its evolutionary chain is completely awesome. Also, *check* some of the best blue colours I have ever seen.
Tangrowth: this monster made of lianas looks like a giant and has an amazing movepool too.
Emboar: Serperior and Samurott look great, yeah, I know... But Emboar looks just as great, eh, even if it is "another Fire/Fighting starter again".
Conkeldurr: this mountain of muscles is my favourite Fighting-type Pokémon and I will defend it to death.
Gothitelle: this sorceress in "black and white" is some of the most unique and beautiful looking Pokémon among the Psychic-type, in my eyes.
Vanilluxe: well, it's a very good pure Ice-type Pokémon and the fact it comes from a three piece evolutionary chain makes it really unique. There aren't many pure Ice-type Pokémon with a three piece evolutionary chain, if I'm not wrong.
Durant: an ant made of steel is just a raw and fresh Pokémon, as far as I'm concerned.
Chesnaught: that shell looks threatening and, for a starter's final evolved form, that movepool is wide as hell.
Turtonator: it basically is a "dragonic" turtle made of magma. What's not amazing looking about it?
Drampa: it strikes to me as a plastic tree and the type combination this cutie has is particularly sweet.
Bruxish: let's be clear about this aquatic monster... It's indeed meant to be ugly and that's the reason why I particularly like it. On another note, in its name's even appearing "Bru-" (in my native language, which is Italian, the word "Brutto" literally means "Ugly"), reason why I can't really not appreciate this "ugly fish"... In short words (and in my mind), this Pokémon is permanently screaming "I'm an ugly fish" without any shadow of a shame.

Not sure when, but a second part will probably come.

Reaction score
I like both Volbeat and Illumise, who are usually hated or ignored. I just love their firefly design, mono bug type and how they're made for each other. Plus, they're quite good in Emerald's Battle Factory in the first few stages!
I really like Happiny as well, people tend to dislike that too but I find it cute and Brock's Happiny in the anime was quite memorable for me.

Princess of Power
Reaction score
Easy: Sawk. People hate the poor guy, but I adore him. He was an absolute killer on my Black team and he's just so cute.

"love the icy bird!!"
Reaction score
two come to mind for me, I know in the past they where hated, even now so many still do, not sure on Bulbagardens, almost every "count down on hated Pokemon" on YouTube I see them mentioned a lot

• Purugly... or as I call it "Purrbeauty" love the design, and did so well on my "Cat Team", nice variety of attacks, and also reminds me of one of my cats, thick fur and so fluffy

• Watchog - along with Patrat, really love its design, how well it does in my teams, at one time in the 5th gen it was my most favorite Pokemon of all

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
Another one came to mind. Everyone seems to hate both versions of Stunfisk. I find it fun and hilarious. Plus, a well-trained one can easily catch someone off-guard. Not to mention Unovian Stunfisk has a unique (if somewhat oxymoronic) typing, which is something I find cool. And I like the whole bear-trap route the Galarian Form took, while also making it look much scarier. But, at the same time, it's so funny in Camp. Sure, it's not the king of battlers, but I like it's rather odd yet creative battling capabilities. Makes for a good surprise tactic. I know it's not the prettiest Mon, but looks only get you so far by itself. So, yeah, I like Stunfisk while everyone else hates it.

Highly Explosive
Reaction score
I’m getting the feeling many people don’t like Bruxish, however, I'm kinda a fan of it. Yeah, it looks a little ugly and bizarre, but it's also an interesting design too.

Last edited:
the bells of joy are ringing
Reaction score
Drampa. It feels to me like most people don't like it because it doesn't evolve into anything and maybe doesn't have the best stats but I think it looks so cool and I love Dragon-types over all.
I can relate! It reminds me of a chinese dragon and my grandfather too, design-wise. But for me, what really takes the cake for me is the fact its ability, Berserk, is such a good move to use in doubles battle and do well with if you can keep stacking it! Honestly, I am glad to see others like Drampa!

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I tend to like the most mainstream Pokémon. Furthemore, i don' know exactly which Pokémon are disliked/hated or not. Anyway, a unpopular (i suppose) Pokémon that i like is: Crawdaunt

The beast certainly is a monstrosity, but, in my understanding, an epic and mythical one.
I name it: Crawdaunt, the adrifted giant.

Hope, yet, that Ash's corphish evolve to it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For me I have a few:

-Meganium. (This one gets a lot of hate for being "useless" and I can see why. But I have a soft spot for it. It's a tank and it's fine for stalling opponents lol)

-Incineroar (I make NO exaggeration when I say that this guy got a LOT of hate at first reveal because of it's design but I think it seems like people have warmed up to it thankfully)

-Inteleon (See Incineroar)

-Delphox (See Inteleon)

-The ENTIRE Popplio Line (I don't care if they look "Too Girly" I love them)

-Eiscue (This little guy is kinda goofy but I find it adorable and hilarious)

-Mr. Mime (Call me insane but I find it oddly endearing. Detective Pikachu and Mimey in the Anime probably helped a lot.)

-Vanilite (It's so cute. I don't get all the hate for this one. It's just an object mon. Or is that that the exact reason why?)

-Impidimp (There's something about it I find adorable. But barely anyone agreed with me when we first saw it lol
Granted a lot of the hate for it died down once Grimmsnarl was revealed but I think it's still something I should mention)