• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Some that I can think of off the top of my head are Delphox, Emboar, Meganium, most of the evolutions for older Pokemon that were introduced in gen 4, Skuntank, and Lumineon. Especially Lumineon because it seems like almost everyone forgets it exists.

Agreed on delphox - it really wasn't bad at all, I think, it's just everyone expected fennekin to stay quadruped. Which I admit may have been preferable, but I'm certainly not complaining about them taking this direction instead. Though I do sometimes feel like the only one who really prefers delphox over braixen. May just be my imagination though.

Also, support for raichu! I really don't like pikachu that much. Raichu's nice, though.

I'm not sure how well snivy tends to get on, but its line are certainly among my favourites of Gen V, and probably my all-time favourite starter. I would object to the fact it seems to commonly get judged as the weakest or hardest-difficulty Unova starter, though. On the contrary, I found it by far the most useful in battle - I may even go as far as to say it was the only one I found to be particularly strong at all. Both the others seemed too slow to go first and too weak to take hits well - tepig could do good damage at least, I suppose, but otherwise, I found them a little subpar. Hmm.

Alomomola is one of the most beautiful Pokémon in the franchise, but it gets overshadowed by other Water-types. Lumineon is in the same boat.
I also find that certain Pokémon used to be pretty popular, but then people forget they exist. For instance, Noivern was really well-received back when it was first revealed in June 2013, while Galvantula was popular during the 5th gen, but now it feels like they get barely any attention.

Last edited:
Quilladin, I know for a while, a lot of people found this thing just stupid, and heck, I did too, but as I looked at it more, it seemed kinda cute. I still prefer Chespin and Chesnaught but the middle evo is not completely unbearable or anything

The pikachu knock-offs. I can see why people what these guys, they are just using the adorable mascot, making slightly different ones of it, adding adorable little electric pouches on their cheeks, and calling it a new pokemon. But for some reason, i just seem to love them all. Plusle and Minun are an adorable pair, and probably my favorite pair pokemon. I also love Minun, because of the one I used in my playthrough of Omega Ruby. I have never used a pachirisu, but I loved Dawn's Pachirisu in the anime, and it's just a cute little electric squirrel. Emolga is just cool, electric rodent with wings. It's cute and it just seems like one of those things that just loves to troll around. I also used one in White 2. Dedenne is just cute to me, but it's probably the one i do have a bit of dislike for, since it looks extremely similar to Raichu, but it's redeeming quality is it's shiny form. It's like an inverse sunflower, and I just love it

Probopass. Seriously, everyone makes fun of it for the magnetic nose hairs. Which I get. But I find them so ridiculous that they make it awesome.

Seconded. C'mon, the guy has an awesome and most manly moustache. I even have one I called 'Mo' for that reason. My favourite has to be Tropius, flying dinosaur with bananas for a neckbeard?! What's not to love!

Trubbish and Garbodor are fantastically designed and just full of personality and unique charm. The only thing I don't like about them are the random coloured nuggets on the body which look like gems rather than garbage, but other than that they're great. One man's trash, so to speak.

I've always loved Mankey and it's evolved form Primeape but they apparently aren't the most mentioned Fighting Type Pokémon.
[size=-5]Do people like Mankey & Primeape?[/size]

457MS.png
I really love its cry and its design is nice and simple which is appreciated. It's nearly always pointed out as being useless or a pointless inclusion sadly.
500MS.png
503MS.png
Third Fire/Fighting in a row kills lots of interest for Emboar with some people. Lots of people hate the direction Samurott went after Dewott. Not me. Unova starters in general get a lot of hate and I love all three. Serperior seems to get off easiest of the three, so I didn't include it as it's quite popular in comparison to these two.
615MS.png
No one ever seems to mention Cryogonal! Angry snowflake is cool.
621MS.png
Constantly slated as looking like a child's drawing and just generally just looked down upon. It's one of my favourite Dragons :/
660MS.png
I think I've spoken to maybe three people total that like Diggersby. Every other time Diggersby is mentioned it's always someone pointing out how "ugly" or "bad" it is. Those people are missing out! Diggersby is a beautiful being!

+ Some Pokemon which are just hated due to being "overrated". Actually there are quite many... (Mewtwo and its megas? Most canine Pokemon, dragons etc...)

No way should Mewtwo be mentioned in this thread. Even if there are people that don't like it, they are outweighed massively by the huge, huge fanbase it has.

I've always loved Mankey and it's evolved form Primeape but they apparently aren't the most mentioned Fighting Type Pokémon.
[SIZE=-5]Do people like Mankey & Primeape?[/SIZE]

I loved them as a kid - I think I'd put that down to the anime mostly. I don't dislike them these days, but they have taken a bit of a back seat in my interests due to me liking others much more. If they were included in the Kalos regional dex I'm sure I would have picked one up for one of my teams at some point though because they are both still cool just very much a forgotten line in general.

I've always liked Seviper for the design (I love the bladed tail!) and moves that they can learn. One of my favorite Poison types.

Boshi234 said:
Do people like Mankey & Primeape?
I like them. They were my first fighting type favourite Pokemon actually.

Delphox wasn't bad at all - I took Fennekin as my starter when I began playing Y. Not sure if Delphox disliked anymore, people seem like it very much. Also Chesnaught is awesome! Nowadays I have hard time choosing my favourite Kalos starter; for the first time the choice is damn hard... :/

No way should Mewtwo be mentioned in this thread. Even if there are people that don't like it, they are outweighed massively by the huge, huge fanbase it has.
Yeah, that's really a Pokemon you can either love or hate. Everyone has right to their opinion, I don't mean otherwise. Mewtwo Y actually seems way more hated than loved, but I may not be up to date of public opinions anymore - however you determine if it's commonly popular or not anymore as sometimes a Pokemon can be very highlighted at first, but then fans begin to hate it much more than there are people liking it anymore. ;P

Does anyone like Ledian btw?

Porygon, it's always been my favorite normal type, but no one ever seems to care about it.

I've always liked Treecko, ever since it was first introduced into Pokemon. I don't know why, but it seems like after the Gameboy advance series, everyone seemed to forget about it. D:

I never see Hoppip mentioned anywhere. It's one of my favorite 2nd gen Pokemon.

Avalugg is one I forgot to mention. As a lover of Ice-types, I guess it's only natural. Seeing one in Amie is almost too cute for words. While a tank-ish Ice-type isn't so great, especially with dismal Special Defense, I still love that lugg. *chuckles*

Eelektross, probably one of the best Electric-types out there. A electric eel with no weaknesses and awesome moves? Count me in!

Gigalith is one of the few Rock-types I actually like. When used the right way, it can be a brute. Plus it has such a cool design, and its family is much more interesting than most Rock-types.

Jellicent is a pretty good one, too. I needed a Water-type for my lap around Unova in White, so I picked up a Frillish. Needless to say, it was a huge asset. It's typing and moves were helpful in many situations, plus I kinda like the goofy, Pringles mascot-esque look.

minun, because I like its design and electric is my favorit type.

Sawk. I think I'm the only person who will outright admit that I like him. No, I don't think he looks ugly; I think he's freaking adorable and he's a powerhouse to boot!

Why do so many people hate Sawk? ;-;

Toxicroak: Don't know why it hasn't been mentioned at all since gen 4 but I like it. Unique type, fairy doesn't counter it and it makes a good second or third if you're spamming surf in doubles or triples.

Golem: Sure it looks like a rocky meatball with limbs but isn't that part of the appeal? Way back in gen 1 it was the number 2 to my Venusaur since they complimented each other so well and that helped me get past the rough early game. Dude needs a mega pronto.

Chikorita: I don't know why I just like and use it a lot in my gen 2 games even though I know Cyndaquil and Totodile are easier to start with. Regardless I did well with it in Stadium 2 it was my answer to those godawful swagger spammers.

Mega Charizard Y: I know X is awesome but Y is just as capable and is better in some crucial areas. It was way more useful when I was trying to clear doubles or triples in the Battle Chateau.

Carracosta: It looks pretty cool and has nifty abilities. I picked it over Archeops because I needed a water type for BW and It was beastly with Shell Smash.

Porygon, it's always been my favorite normal type, but no one ever seems to care about it.

Are you talking about Porygon itself? Or are you talking about the whole line? I had a CPU partner in the Battle Chateau use Porygon Z, and it cleared opponents like no one's business.

Mega Charizard Y: I know X is awesome but Y is just as capable and is better in some crucial areas. It was way more useful when I was trying to clear doubles or triples in the Battle Chateau.

"Pokemon you like that no one else does" Please... Mega Charizard Y is one of the most popular Pokemon in the entire franchise (yeah, X is probably more popular but Y is still incredibly popular.) The first post even says this about the topic

Everyone has that one Pokemon they have a soft spot for, but everyone else either hates it or doesn't remember it. It could be that they have fond memories of it, or they just like the Pokemon for reasons no one else sees.

I agree with you on Carracosta though. Doesn't seem to get much love at all but I think it's great.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom