• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

I've recently remembered my love for Stunky and Skuntank. During my Diamond run, I caught one, remembering the old days when I used one, so I decided to put him in the team again. It's a quirky Pokemon, but it's a fun one at that. He may not always pack a heck of a punch, but combining his Toxic and Smokescreen sure makes it fun to torment bigger bruisers. He's also been my capture Mon in Diamond, using Toxic to weaken a Pokemon I want so I can catch it more easily, as the only other moves I have on-hand that can cause status ailments are Flame Wheel and Spark, neither of which are super-reliable there. Plus I always get a kick out of Skuntank using Flamethrower, something totally unexpected that catches opponents off-guard (at least back then, anyway). So, yeah, I've remembered my fondness for that squashed-face skunk.

Abomasnow, who isn't hated by everyone but does have a sizable hatedom for having so many weaknesses. I still like it, though.

Cacturne and walrein are mine.

Walrein is just so awesome looking and it's pre forms look so damn cute and cuddle and I want to hug them and squeeze them. As for cacturne well it looks like a bad ass. Plus some of its pokedex descriptions make it sound even more scary. I have a good few that I wil add once I look at my game again.

I really, really like Stantler ever since I used one in SoulSilver. If only it was Normal/Psychic.

For me its the Chikorita/Meganium line

I love Chikorita it's so cute, and Meganium is just as good as the other 2 starters in game. But rarely can a Best/Worst starters discussion go by without lil Chiky coming in for a lot of heat!

I like Maractus' design quite a bit. It's a livelier alternative to Cacturne, and personally, I think it's nice to look at. Maractus isn't the greatest in battle, but it's still a pretty neat mon.

I actually really like Purugly. Mars' gave me a lot of trouble as a kid and I just grew to like it, especially since I only had Diamond so couldn't get a Glameow or Purugly. I also love its cry and it has interestingly shaped ears. I love how smug it looks.

The one that comes to mind for me is Unown. Sure, they don't have much of any use in battle, but I don't really think that should be the sole determination of the value of a Pokemon. I love the concept and aesthetics of the Unown.

I'm the same way with other ancient ruin Pokemon/Pokemon with "cultural" designs like Sigilyph and Natu/Xatu.

I've recently remembered another duo of Mons that I'm fond of: the Yamask and Frillish. While I only use Ghost Mons every so often, depending on the situation, Yamask was the first Ghost-type I actively wanted when BW were announced. I found both it and its evolved form to be quite cool. It's creepy, like all Ghost-types, but I rather liked the tank-like nature of it. Sure, most of the good TMs for it were post-game, but I was quite pleased with my floating coffin Mon, as she could block virtually any hit with ease, even super-effective ones, and dish out a little damage of her own.

As for the Frillish line, I needed a Water-type, but I was a bit disappointed with the selection available in BW, but when I caught a Frillish, she became an effective battler for me. Yes, both Ghosts ended up as girls, but I was fine with that, though I prefer the male Frillish better, but I went with it. Both were hugely helpful in the game and in a few wifi battles, too, though I didn't do many wifi battles at that time. So, despite Ghost being a rarely used type for me (mainly due to either rarity or not too impressed with them), those two lines became some of my favorite Ghosts.

cloyster is my favorite but no one seems to remember neither use them now

Persian could use more love. It was my stepdad's favorite back in the day.

Virizion is one of my favourite Pokemon (along with Blaziken) and as far as I'm aware not many people really like it.
Yeah it may not be the strongest legendary Pokemon out there, but it's far from the worst either. I absolutely love it's design as well. The colours fit together well, it's not to 'over-the-top' like some other Gen V Pokemon, and it's elegant and badass at the same time.
Pyroar is another one of my faves that is generally forgotten and disliked. Musharna, Dragalge, Avalugg and Pansage/Simisage as well.

Zubats. I'm not too fond of the official design, but after seeing fanart of Zubats with visible necks and circular heads, I'm now quite fond of them. :3 I drew a couple pictures of my female Zubat on Miiverse.

Leafeon. A lot of people seem to hate its design but I think it's one of the prettiest Pokémon around, definitely one of my favs.

Also Delibird, since it's one of the weakest Pokémon. I can't help but love it though, it's just so cute! I do wish it was stronger, even beating the main game in HGSS was hard with it...

Breloom. A good amount of people use him in OU matches, but as far as liking Pokemon goes, I haven't really found any Breloom fans.

adding to my list
I don't know many people who care about omastar and heatmor....not counting tpp fans for the former.

Electrode maybe? Any other Electrode fans here? o:
*raises hand*

Sabaleye, no doubt! I do not know anyone who likes him.
not really, it's definitely one of the more popular hoenn mons
not as much as like gardevoir and blaziken and whatever, but it's still up there

I'm surprised that you've never heard my raving about it

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom