• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Swoobat. I feel people bash its entire line for being an uncreative Zubat clone, but I actually think it's more creative and less obnoxious than Zubat. It appears much less frequently and doesn't overstay its welcome. Also, it's cute and is part Psychic-type with a great color scheme and fluff. I love fluff. I prefer it to Crobat, if I'm honest.

Oh and Swanna. It's one that I feel kind of fades into obscurity more than being disliked, but I think it's a nice pretty swan design even if it isn't necessarily creative or original. It sure did serve me very well with its typing in my original Black playthrough, kicking all kinds of ass.

Last edited:
kecleon's been growing on me somewhat recently, haven't seen many people who like that
Yeah, and you forgot Mothim! >:C

(I like the Burmy family as well. Bagworms are cool.)
I've done it. After all these years, I've finally discovered a person who likes wormadam.

seriously, you two are literally the first I've seen...

Last edited:
Alomomola's in my top faves.
Alomomola is one of the most beautiful Pokémon in the franchise, but it gets overshadowed by other Water-types.
Too right!

Others have already mentioned Garbodor a few times. Garbodor is great.

And Meganium's line. It's funny that I was indifferent about them for the longest time.... and then I played with them in Pokémon Amie. The animations they do... particularly Meganium's... overwhelmingly cute. Then I realised how great Meganium's movepool was when it came to my "battle of attrition" style of battling... both wall moves. And Safeguard. And Synthesis. And Heal Pulse by breeding. Yeah, it gained a top spot.

Oh, and it was Meganium's distinct design that enabled me to get 5 stars on the Unlimited Tile Puzzle Swap game. It's true.

Simisage. Because it looks like a cross between The Monkey King, Space Dandy, and a bag of weed. Plus it's so damn cute!!

Another one I just remembered is my good old friend Glalie. Back in the RSE days, Glalie was a big-time contributor to my team, despite coming in so late. Now, in AS, he's my main Ice Mon once again, and with the addition of Freeze-Dry in his arsenal, he's been one of the faster growing teammates, just behind Blaziken and Gardevoir. No Dragon, Flying, Ground, Grass, and even WATER Pokemon dares challenge Frostbite without getting a taste of his chill-factor. And he can learn a number of good moves, like Crunch, Shadow Ball, and others, making him multi-purpose on my team. So, yeah, my good friend Glalie is still on my lists.

No one ever says any thing about Ledian but I really like him and the design

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've noticed that, over the past year or so, I've gained a strong fondness for Venomoth. I don't really understand why. It's not like I've ever hated it, it's just my Bug-of-choice during Gen 1 was Butterfree (courtesy of Ash). However, over time I've started to look at Venomoth differently, and came to adore the bug-eyed moth recently. It's got an interesting assortment of moves, it's got a simple/cute design that works well for it, and its interesting Abilities. While it won't ever be my favorite Bug of all time (I think Vikavolt's got that position locked up now), I've come to like the little guy. Now that I'm playing Pokemon GO and caught a fairly strong Venonat today, this might be my chance to try it out without disrupting any of my other plans.

Another Pokemon I like that I rarely see mentioned is Tauros. Sure, it's been the largest headache for me to catch, especially in Safari Zones or GO, but I've always liked the wild bull Mon. Sure, it was the reason why I never completed the Pokedex back in Red, but when I can actually battle and catch it, I can appreciate its power then. I used on during my SS run, and he had plenty of beef to go with that brawn and speed, effectively becoming a "speedy" tank for me. But Tauros is my favorite Normal-type, I just wish he was easier to catch, but then again that makes the effort more worth it when I get to use his power for myself. So, yeah, even of Tauros don't like me as much (as they always run in catch-or-run scenarios), I still like the bull.

It's almost a shame that Klinklang generally isn't very good, because Shift Gear alone makes me want to use it sometime. Metagross would kill to get a boosting move like that...

Ikr klinklang has like no coverage XDXD WHY gamefreak WHY. It's also a shame that mega pidgeot isn't that good. Perfect accuracy hurricane is really fun to spam, too bad mega pidgeot has like no coverage except heat wave. If only it can learn focus blast...

I mostly remember Corsola for its max Attack Banded Hustle Head Smash. If I'm not mistaken, it can OHKO a Dragonite. Through Multiscale. That's ludicrous and hilarious.

it's a max attack choice band head smash ._. Not something incredibally impressive. It loses like half of the health after that too XD But yeah, that head smash hits harder than i thought.

Bruxish is bæ; can't wait to use one in S+M.

Also have a fondness for Skuntank, which while it may not be disliked, it is fairly forgettable to most.

I think I've posted in this thread before but I didn't mention Meloetta back then.

It seems to be a very unpopular legendary. Or am I wrong???

I like its design and the type combinations of its two forms. The kung fu dancer things is really fun and kool.

Bruxish is bæ; can't wait to use one in S+M.

Bruxish is awesome. I wasn't too keen on it at first but its attack animations won me over pretty quickly. It's terrifying. That maw on such a vibrant and garish creature is so weird and unique in Pokemon it's hard not to like it. But yeah, sadly lots of people seem to dislike it.

Nobody seems to talk about Carnivine, but when I was playing Pokemon Pearl a while ago I remembered how much I like its design.

As for Sun & Moon pokemon, I love Sandygast and Palossand even though they're probably going to get a lot of criticism for being based on sandcastles.
I also kind of like the leaked Litten evolution and wouldn't mind if it turned out to be real, as long as it isn't another fire/fighting type.
... Actually, if it was fire/fighting I'd probably like it anyway.

I've recently gained a strong fondness for Camerupt. I decided to try using one in my OR (which I finally found) for a while and I'm rather pleased with it. Before now I generally ignored it (I didn't dislike/hate it, it was just so-so to me), but I do like its typing and various moves. Plus its Mega makes it look really cool (or should I say "hot"?). Now I see why Team Magma likes it so much. Plus my Hoenn waifu, Courtney, uses one, so I started to play copycat. Needless to say I'm rather pleased with the volcanic camel.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom