• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Deku-Mimikyu

Still waiting for Let's Go Mimikyu
Reaction score
Everyone has that one Pokemon they have a soft spot for, but everyone else either hates it or doesn't remember it. It could be that they have fond memories of it, or they just like the Pokemon for reasons no one else sees.

The one Pokemon that always comes to my mind is Lickylicky. Most everyone likes Lickitung more then its rotund evolution, but Lickylicky holds a special place in my heart. When I was younger, me and my best friend would always go over to each others houses and play with our Pokemon plushies and figurines. I had a Lickylicky plush that my parents got me for my birthday, and he adored it more then I ever had. So on his birthday, I gave him the plushie as a present.
So even if everyone else hates Lickylicky, I love the big guy because he always reminds me of my best friend.

What Pokemon do you like that no one else does? I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone says!

Rhyperior. A lot of people seem to hate it and prefer Rhydon, but to me it's a massive improvement over Rhydon (Rhydon has one of the blandest design in the franchise to me). I like the whole miner and tank inspiration and it's one of my favourite rock types.

Hmm. surskit, he's really weak, and not that great, but his movepool is extremely great, as well as hard hitting. Even if he is weak, his design does cheer me up.

I get the idea altaria is sometimes quite unappreciated, especially when compared to other dragons. But I just love it. Altaria's just so adorable! Not really what one tends to look for from a fully-evolved dragon type, but I really don't care. That's no reason to overlook just how pretty it is. I'd make a case for altaria as one of the very cutest pokemon ever.

So, yeah, altaria! Cute. <3

Rhyperior, Lickilicky, the elemental monkeys, Purrloin, Liepard, and Slurpuff are the major ones. I might also throw in Flareon and Delphox to a lesser extent since I don't see as much hate for these two as the others, but still discontent nonetheless.

Last edited:
I see a lot of people love Buizel, but never it's evolution Floatzel for whatever reason, and I don't know why Floatzel is not talked about as much as it's previous form is. Also, I seem to be one of the few people who like Watchog, though I have noticed the hate for it has gone down in recent years.

317MS.png
doesn't get nearly enough love.

The Tepig family for me. Everyone prefers the Oshawott and Snivy families, deeming them the "superior" ones, but I think Tepig and its evolved forms deserve a little more credit. Sure, they were the third Fire/Fighting line, but they have greater ability than most people are willing to give it.

The Fennekin line is another example. Sure, I agree, the Froakie line is quite powerful and useful, and I do like it, but I retained my loyalty to the Fennekin line once everything was said and done, as I rather like the mage/witch theme. It may be a bit slow to learn new moves, but that, to me, represents how powerful magic works. It takes time to learn it, using everything before it as stepping stones. While Delphox isn't outright hated, it does seem to get some heat by those who don't like it (no pun intended).

Torterra is another one of my favorites. It's such a sturdy tank and it has a unique typing. Sure, a single Ice attack will cream it, but still, I like its concept, design, and power. Infernape and Empoleon tend to get all the glory, especially the latter, mainly thanks to the anime. While I don't mind Infernape, Empoleon rubs me the wrong way, especially after all the times I tried to use one and it failed miserable. Only Torterra and Infernape got me to the Sinnoh Leagues, while Empoleon did no such thing with me. But Torterra tends to be ignored in favor of the others, which I think it unjustified.

That's about all I can think of right now. Maybe I'll add more when I come up with others.

Somehow, Illumise, my favorite Pokemon, just doesn't get the respect it deserves, especially from Game Freak themselves. It's a wonderfully cute fairy-like Firefly design, and even knows many Fairy-type moves - but they never gave it Fairy typing for some reason. The trading card designs don't look well made either.

If they did give it Fairy Type, It would would be more under the spotlight, because, well... "Fay-rees!" ^_^

Probopass. Seriously, everyone makes fun of it for the magnetic nose hairs. Which I get. But I find them so ridiculous that they make it awesome.

Oh, let me count the ways:

Armaldo(?), Regice, Regirock, Regigigas, Claydol, Magneton, Meganium, Emboar, Quilladin, Grumpig, Shiftry, Palkia, Ledian, Lunatone, Solrock, Dusclops, Gastrodon, Sigilyph...

All of those don't seem to get much press, at least not nowadays. Except Regigigas, who everyone seems to hate for Slow Start. Oh, and people don't like Quilladin for looking "derpy."

- Helioptile, such cute eyes and smile. + the ears look like dogs' but Helioptile can still be identified as lizard/salamander.
- Eelektross, an awesome bulky eel who'll eat your brain with derp face and massive arms!
- Banette! This has been my favourite Ghost-type since RSE games! Gotta love the dex entries and design in general! Mega Banette is even more awesome! <3
- Meowstic F, actually I like both; M has colors for my taste and prankster is awesome, F has better design otherwise. I hear I have facial expression in common with Meowstic F..
- Seviper and Arbok, snakes are lovely.
- Emolga, many people see it annoying but its the most adorable of Pikachu-clones in my opinion.
- Drapion, found it boring at first but can't say it anymore. Wish it learned more crit-moves so it could be used as critical hit slaughterer more effectively than a wall. ;P
- Skuntank and Stunky, cute smelling furballs which can fart not only gas but fire! X)

+ Some Pokemon which are just hated due to being "overrated". Actually there are quite many... (Mewtwo and its megas? Most canine Pokemon, dragons etc...)

Wonder if there's a Pokemon which no one really likes at all... I don't even know what Pokemon people commonly hate or love nowadays, so this is very much "past-experience-wise" and subjective approach. :p

I've always liked Wigglytuff/Clefable.. but you never hear anything about them

I have always preferred Raichu over Pikachu, but I notice that not many people agree with me.
I agree with you, Raichu > Pikachu.

I also agree with everyone who mentioned Tepig-line too. Some people actually say Snivy-line is the most underrated/least used Unova starter line, not sure if it changed due to the game stuff and Contrary, or if those people were just very opinionated due to grass-starters being underrated in the past.

I always preferred Raichu over Pikachu too. I somehow think Raichu is cuter.

I also like Jynx and Slurpuff. Slurpuff is really cute in my eyes.
I like Jynx because back in Gen 1, Jynx was really strong. And we didn't know about Pokemon genders at that time, so we thought only Jigglypuff line, NidoQueen line and Jynx were female. I just wanted a strong female figure as a role model, and at that time, Jynx fitted the criteria.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom