• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Mega Manectrike.
I was sorta neutral on its design at first but it's really grown on my, the lightning bolt thing its got going on is really cool! It also has a fluffy butt!

I'm pretty sure there aren't many people who like Togetic. (Why else has it only appeared in one episode and never again after that?!) I adore Togetic, though I do love the entire Togepi line.

All fire starters and their evolutions, except maybe Chimchar (Fire has always been my favorite type)
NO other starters (No Chikorita, no Oshawott, DEFINITELY no Snivy, no Squirtle, no Mudkip, no Bulbasaur,etc.)
Magikarp (Yes, it IS possible to beat the E4 with 1 Magikarp after Gen I (stupid Struggle can't touch Agatha in those games))
Feebas (Rarity and TMs)
Pichu (I got a Pichu plush)
Charizard 'M (I had to 8F it, and it was kind of annoying and it infiltrated everything and made weird Pokemon fusions, but it has lots of uses)

I actually like Vanilluxe and Garbodor despite the massive amount of hate they get.

Rhyperior. A lot of people seem to hate it and prefer Rhydon, but to me it's a massive improvement over Rhydon (Rhydon has one of the blandest design in the franchise to me). I like the whole miner and tank inspiration and it's one of my favourite rock types.
I don't know anyone who likes Rhydon. It has a primitive design, being the first Pokémon invented. Obviously one of them had to be, but Clefairy and Nidoran are much better designs from around the same time. Also, all your 94, 'M, etc. turn into it. I looked at a Cubone, but it didn't save everyone, only MissingNo. and 'M. Because of that role I have always hated Rhydon.

Rhydon is fantastic, one of my favourite Ground/Rock types (especially the latter, I don't like many Rock types much).

It's weird this was posted right now, because I'm currently on my DS breeding a Rhyhorn to train up a Rhydon :D (Rhyperior is gross imo)

I kinda like Rhydon. Do people really hate it? I haven't seen any hate toward it. But I haven't met people who like Deerling, and this is coming from the number one fan of Deerling.

I mean, come on! How can you not love this cute little thing?!
aa7.png

I love Chikorita and its evolutionary line. This is mostly because it was my first ever Starter Pokémon, in SoulSilver. For whatever reason, I also have a soft spot for Purugly, even though everyone seems to hate it.

Was just about to post Chikorita and see the user above has beat me to it ;)

I love Little Chiky too, and can't stand that she is so often trashed as a starter :(

Also, I really liked the Tepig and Oshawott lines in Gen 5, but Gen 5 is often hailed as the worst gen for starters, quite unfairly I find, for me it's Gen 4. (Although I love Gen 4 too :) )

Magikarp has to be the most hated pokemon even 1 of its pokedex entries basically staits how useless it is personally I think it's cute
Thank you. I think Pokemon Y is a horrible game. Personally MissingNo. Most people claim how it 'deletes their save', but that's their fault for having a weird name and catching tons of Super Glitchers. MissingNo. is harmless (except in Yellow) other than maybe Hall of Fame corruption (at least it's not Hall of Origin) and sprite reversal.

Pretty much every Pokemon I like it seems like no one else does. Pretty much all of my favorites are not battle competitive, but that is all I tend to train so I don't do well in competitive battles. I also never like to evolve some of my favorite Pokemon. My number one favorite is Chikorita, which seems to be in the bottom five for people as far as starters go or worse. I also love Kirlia, which is not competitive in any way due to terrible base stats (but I still try to use it..). Other Pokemon I refuse to evolve include Vulpix, Fennekin, Minccino, Buneary, Zorua, Marill, Torchic (hugely unpopular decision), Snivy, and Dragonair. I also really like Beautifly (who gets totally shredded if you read its entry on Smogon), Delcatty, and Pachirisu. Finally, my favorite Pokemon that are at least competitive aren't allowed to be used in battle, namely Meloetta, Shaymin S, Jirachi, and Victini (although I don't believe these are disliked).

Someone somewhere in the entire world doesn't like Torchic? What a terrible thought. :O

I've never really seen people give the Porygon line the love they deserve. I don't know if it's because of the anime or not, but the point is, they're computer-programmed Pokemon. Maybe I'm just a nerd, but that's pretty sweet.

^I always thought the Porygon line was decently popular tbh. Porygon-Z especially seems to have quite a decent following due to its whole glitch animations, while Porygon2 is very popular on the battling side of things. I've never really thought they were under-appreciated personally.

Might as well mention some more Pokemon I like that seem to get no love (or not much).

365MS.png
Walrein - it just looks so cool. Plus Sealeo and Spheal are really cute. I wish Walrein was better in battle though, it's missing quite a few moves it should learn (Freeze-Dry, Icicle Crash, Superpower, Hydro Pump, Slack Off....)
340MS.png
Whiscash - cute, cool and very vacant-looking catfish. Out of all the Water/Ground types we've got it's easily my favourite. I love how it can learn Spark too; I wish it could learn move Electric attacks.
221MS.png
Piloswine - People seem to love Mamoswine and forget about Pilo completely, but I think its shaggy coat and the way its eyes are hidden are great (and Mamoswine loses both those features :(). Plus its super bulky with an Eviolite!
631MS.png
632MS.png
Heatmor & Durant - Unova Pokemon in general get a lot of stick which I don't agree with. I think these two are great, Durant is tiny yet incredibly strong while Heatmor is a flamethrower combined with an anteater! Ok Heatmor doesn't look exactly how I'd like it to but it's great and has some cool move options like Sucker Punch, Giga Drain and Knock Off!
615MS.png
Cryogonal - While I don't love this thing, I love the whole angry expression plus the way it can form ice chains to attack its prey. It's a snowflake but it's brutal at the same time.
358MS.png
Chimecho - it's so cute :O Sucks that there's so many pure Psychic-types that overshadow it.
062MS.png
Poliwrath - While I love Politoed too, Poliwrath is so much cooler to me. I think I have fond memories of it from the Gen I games and it's sorta stuck with me. It helps that it's such a massive underdog especially when Politoed's popularity increased even more with Drizzle. I've met one other person likes Poliwrath, everyone else seems to think it's boring :(
164MS.png
Noctowl - Best regional bird! Love its design. Can't wait for it to become even grander, more wise-looking with a Mega Evolution. Everyone seems to prefer the OG Pidgeot, the Bravest Bird Talonflame or Staraptor or Swellow and I guess because Noctowl isn't offensive puts people off but it's just so damn cool.
344MS.png
Claydol - it took me something like a decade to finally see Claydol's design properly (I thought its body was its head... don't ask) but now I do I've grown to love it so much and it's easily one of the most interesting designs in the franchise. I've always liked Baltoy though, really cute.
617MS.png
Accelgor - it does the ninja design better than Greninja imo. And I've had lots of fun using it in battles against friends. Again I've only met one other person who actually likes Accelgor which is disappointing.

Sorry I got carried away :x I think I'm done for now...

Electrode. Although it's fast all of its other stats are below average, and it has nothing special really going for it. I still like its design for some reason, and i wish it had a Mega Evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom