• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

At least when Gen 5 was newer, I saw a lot of love for Frillish and much less for Jellicent because people didn't like the design. I love it though, royal ghost jellyfish <3 Crobat and the Zubat line in general doesn't get a lot of love either, but Crobat's been one of my unpopular faves since Gen II. I thought Golbat was scary but Crobat was really cool with its four wings and scowly face.

This is a general discussion on Pokemon you feel are underrated, or Pokemon that you just like the design of but don't seem to be a common favorite amongst other Pokemon fans. It could be a Pokemon that you know is underpowered and hated but still like anyway (for example liking Magikarp because its splashing is funny), or something more competitive-oriented like (insert RU/NU Pokemon) may not be a top tier threat but I think it can still be a sleeper hit because ______.

I'll start:

Sigilyph - Works great as a single-stage Psychic-type for playing through BW/XY. His design looks REALLY cool too.

Delphox - I love the fire wizard concept of this guy and like to think of him as the "polar opposite" of Keldeo. I don't get why people bash Delphox, he hardly gets any hype, people put Chesnaught and Greninja above. If anything he is a gem in the rough - I find many non-serious-competitive-battlers being surprised in how powerful he is.

Gigalith - Basically a cooler-looking Golem with no 4x weaknesses, he may not be Tyranitar or Mega Diancie but he's still a good Pokemon in his own right IMHO, and probably the only one that can effectively use Explosion ever since the Defense-halving was removed in Gen V. I have a special spot for him on my UU Trick Room team!

Abomasnow - Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks absolutely hilarious? It's too bad that his fate is pretty much sealed by bad defensive typing and low Speed, not to mention that Hail teams in general are harder to put together than Sandstorm teams. The new Mega can be good in the right hands though...

Vigoroth is one of my favourite Pokemon. I guess because it's a mid-stage a lot of people don't care for it and prefer Slaking. But I find it really cute and it has great animations in Gen VI. It's also a mid-stage mon that can actually be -ok- thanks to Eviolite, Slack Off and Bulk Up which is neat.

I'm not sure what the public sentiment is, but I've always had a soft spot for Chimecho.

I actually used it as my first online screen name, and have always thought about battling with one (though, when that happens, I usually just take a quick peek at his stats and come to my senses). I also used it as the focus for one of my forum signatures.

There are a lot of Pokemon based off of inanimate objects, but I think among them, Chimecho's design is one of the more natural looking (I could see it potentially being an animal, instead, which I find neat). Either way, I like the choice of a wind chime, because it sets a mood of relaxation. Chimecho also falls on the "cute" rather than "cool" spectrum of Pokemon design, which I tend to favor. It holds my all around favorite type, Psychic, but more importantly, can almost always be found with a gigantic smile on its face!

I don't know what the general consensus is on Chandelure since it's a man-made object in Pokémon form a la Klinklang and Vanilluxe, but I'm going on record to say that it's my favorite species from Gen V.

Well... Mine are Excadrill and Meinfoo! Why? Because they're the first Pokemon Insuccessfully captured!!

They're so cute... And steered me through gyms and helped me to begin!

Also, Grotle, because that's the Pokemon I first evolved!

Chesnaught. I've noticed a lot of people don't like it much, but it's my favorite of the Kalos starters.

I sorta have a soft spot for Masquerain too. Basically became of Intimidate and Quiver Dance for a pseudo-Defence boost on top of its Special stats and Speed.

Oh, and Hydro Pump on a Bug/Flying type. That's pretty hilarious.

I do like Chikorita from gen 2, even though everyone seems to call it the worst of the gen 2 starters stat wise. What I really like about Chikorita is it's design, even though on my current Soul Silver save I chose Cyndaquil. I don't really remember having any trouble with Chikorita. However, I haven't completed HGSS in years, so yeah.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom