• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you like that no one else does!

Sorry guys, but there's an official poll that confirms that Greninja, Lucario, Charizard and Eeveelutions lovers are the majority.
Yeah, those Pokemon have no place in a thread like this. They are most definitely not Pokemon that "everyone dislikes."
Charjabug.
Wait, people hate the bus bug?

Last edited:
I haven't met any hardcore Stonjouner fan, it showed up a few times in the "Least favorite Pokemon of every generation" thread, and most reviews says it's a boring way to portray Stonehenge.

Charjabug is more on the "mixed opinions" side, but many people said it was boring when it was revealed.

Last edited:
I like both Volbeat and Illumise, who are usually hated or ignored. I just love their firefly design, mono bug type and how they're made for each other. Plus, they're quite good in Emerald's Battle Factory in the first few stages!
I really like Happiny as well, people tend to dislike that too but I find it cute and Brock's Happiny in the anime was quite memorable for me.

two come to mind for me, I know in the past they where hated, even now so many still do, not sure on Bulbagardens, almost every "count down on hated Pokemon" on YouTube I see them mentioned a lot

• Purugly... or as I call it "Purrbeauty" love the design, and did so well on my "Cat Team", nice variety of attacks, and also reminds me of one of my cats, thick fur and so fluffy

• Watchog - along with Patrat, really love its design, how well it does in my teams, at one time in the 5th gen it was my most favorite Pokemon of all

Another one came to mind. Everyone seems to hate both versions of Stunfisk. I find it fun and hilarious. Plus, a well-trained one can easily catch someone off-guard. Not to mention Unovian Stunfisk has a unique (if somewhat oxymoronic) typing, which is something I find cool. And I like the whole bear-trap route the Galarian Form took, while also making it look much scarier. But, at the same time, it's so funny in Camp. Sure, it's not the king of battlers, but I like it's rather odd yet creative battling capabilities. Makes for a good surprise tactic. I know it's not the prettiest Mon, but looks only get you so far by itself. So, yeah, I like Stunfisk while everyone else hates it.

I’m getting the feeling many people don’t like Bruxish, however, I'm kinda a fan of it. Yeah, it looks a little ugly and bizarre, but it's also an interesting design too.

Last edited:
Drampa. It feels to me like most people don't like it because it doesn't evolve into anything and maybe doesn't have the best stats but I think it looks so cool and I love Dragon-types over all.

I can relate! It reminds me of a chinese dragon and my grandfather too, design-wise. But for me, what really takes the cake for me is the fact its ability, Berserk, is such a good move to use in doubles battle and do well with if you can keep stacking it! Honestly, I am glad to see others like Drampa!

Unfortunately, I tend to like the most mainstream Pokémon. Furthemore, i don' know exactly which Pokémon are disliked/hated or not. Anyway, a unpopular (i suppose) Pokémon that I like is: Crawdaunt

The beast certainly is a monstrosity, but, in my understanding, an epic and mythical one.
I name it: Crawdaunt, the adrifted giant.

Hope, yet, that Ash's corphish evolve to it.

Last edited:
For me I have a few:

-Meganium. (This one gets a lot of hate for being "useless" and I can see why. But I have a soft spot for it. It's a tank and it's fine for stalling opponents lol)

-Incineroar (I make NO exaggeration when I say that this guy got a LOT of hate at first reveal because of it's design but I think it seems like people have warmed up to it thankfully)

-Inteleon (See Incineroar)

-Delphox (See Inteleon)

-The ENTIRE Popplio Line (I don't care if they look "Too Girly" I love them)

-Eiscue (This little guy is kinda goofy but I find it adorable and hilarious)

-Mr. Mime (Call me insane but I find it oddly endearing. Detective Pikachu and Mimey in the Anime probably helped a lot.)

-Vanilite (It's so cute. I don't get all the hate for this one. It's just an object mon. Or is that that the exact reason why?)

-Impidimp (There's something about it I find adorable. But barely anyone agreed with me when we first saw it lol
Granted a lot of the hate for it died down once Grimmsnarl was revealed but I think it's still something I should mention)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom