• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you rather not evolve

Well, I've evolved everything possible for the sake of my living dex. But from a gameplay perspective, the only times I don't evolve a Pokemon right away is if its prior evos learn a move the final evo can't. For example, I didn't evolve my Treeko until it learned Giga Drain in the 40's, because it's the only one in its line that can learn it by leveling up.

Other than that, I won't evolve Pokemon that can successfully pull of Eviolite. Dusclops is a VIP.

Yeah I think I always evolve my Pokemon too. I used to always rock a Poliwhirl in Crystal when I was young because I wasn't smart enough to know where to find a water stone haha.

Chansey is an obvs choice if you plan to use eviolite.

Does anyone ever evolve Pikachu into Raichu?

As for me, I'ma keeping Scyther. Sure I'll take a Scizor just for Pokedex completion, but I just don't like Scizor's design.

As for me, I'ma keeping Scyther. Sure I'll take a Scizor just for Pokedex completion, but I just don't like Scizor's design.

I evolve my Pikachu D: I like Raichu more..

I don't think you could go wrong with either Scyther or Scizor: they're both pretty sweet :D

I evolve pretty much all my Pokemon unless I am either too lazy to evolve them or switch them out in favor of another Pokemon. The only exceptions I usually make are trade-based evolutions due to not having many people to trade with, except that one time I was lucky to get an Onix with a Metal Coat on Wonder Trade and it evolved to Steelix as soon as I got it.

I wouldn't evolve:

Whismur
Tepig
Mudkip
Torchic
Piplup half the time
Pikachu
Purrloin
Skitty half the time
Porygon2 into PorygonZ half the time
Dragonair

I prefer Haunter than Gengar. I rarely evolve Haunter, at last during the game.
I dont care very much about Dratini line, cause i think Milotic has similar design and more useful. There is another better dragons to use. But i dont like Dragonite so much, too.
And i never bored to evolve Eeve into Leafeon.

Dusclops is literally better than Dusknoir if it has an Eviolite and I think Dusclops looks better, so Dusclops wins.

I would keep Dragonair, but its just so terrible battle-wise that it needs the evolution into Puff the Magic Dragon. I wish Dragonair had a different evolution, it had so much potential that it wasted...

Pokémon I've never evolved during gameplay:
  • Murkrow
  • Chespin
  • Dewott
  • Braixen
  • Skrelp
  • Every Pokémon that evolves by trading, simply cause I don't have anyone to trade with.
Pokémon I would never evolve if I ever use them:
  • Snorunt into Glalie
  • Mime jr.
  • Vanillite
  • Pumpkaboo
  • Dragonair

Let's see...

I would never evolve Torchic or Pumpkaboo, I know that, except for Pokedex purposes. I would never evolve Trubbish either. I'd rather evolve a Snorunt into Froslass than Glalie. I would rather evolve a Kirlia into Gallade than Gardevoir. I would never evolve an Eevee into Espeon except for Pokedex purposes (or if I had to, breeding Morning Sun onto a Ponyta).

That's really all I can think of.

I could have sworn Raichu was more loved than Pikachu. I either see Pikachu AND Raichu fans or just fans of Raichu. Hell, I myself like Raichu more than Pikachu, and I'm not a big fan of Raichu. =)

As for who I wouldn't evolve, I prefer to keep Electabuzz and Scyther the way they are. I know, ironic since they were in that one episode together. I mean, I love Electivire, but I just prefer Electabuzz. I just love him! As for Scizor, I'm just not a fan of that thing. Ever since he was revealed as Scyther's evolution back in Generation II, I never liked him. I like him even less nowadays when people have him bullet punching with Technician. Oh wow! what skill! You know what? I don't dislike Scizor. I hate it and prefer Scyther. The. End.

I never evolve Koffing during any of my playthroughs. It was my favorite Pokemon growing up and it still ranks pretty high on my current list of favorites. I absolutely hate Weezing's design and I wouldn't even own one if not for the fact that 1) it is somewhat useful in competitive battles, notably in Smogon's lower tiers, and 2) I occasionally need its PokeDex entry to get the shiny charm.

Same goes for Electabuzz, one of my favorite Electric types. Electivire's design just doesn't do it for me.

I never evolve Pikachu, except for certain exceptions for special Pokemon (for example a Purrloin based off of one of my real life cats) I evolve them all.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom