• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you see returning for the regional dex

Dorothy

My love is stronger than my fear of death
Reaction score
We know that Sun and Moon seem to be set in a tropical region - many people have concluded that our new region is based on Hawaii. Based on this information, what Pokemon can you see returning from older regions in these new games?

One look at my avatar will give you my first guess :p

NOTE: This thread is just for Pokemon that already exist, not evolutions, prevolutions, or Mega Evolutions for preexisting Pokemon that you want to see. There are other threads for that.

Last edited:
Seconding Dedenne, because I love that adorable hamster so much. Corsola would also make a pretty fun addition. I'm hoping that they will give it something new if they do to spice him up a bit. :)

I'd also like to see a mix of different Pokemon from all of the previous games appear in the wild, especially Johto Pokemon like Sentret, Hoothoot, Ledyba, Mareep, Spinarak, and Larvitar.

If we're going to Hawaii, and we're not too far from Unova, then I can see them bringing back Alomomola for Heart Scales.

We know Wingull for sure.

Tropius
Scyther
Castform
Eevee
Torkoal
Numel

Huh. I think I may end up just putting down most of the Hoenn dex.

I'll also throw in Frillish, Misdreavous and Minccino

Last edited:
If we go by the concept art which most likely doesn't mean anything in terms of the regional Pokedex... We should be seeing these guys return.

1-3. Squirtle line
4-6. Horsea line
7-9. Spheal line
10-13. Goldeen and Magikarp lines
14-17. Chinchou and Lanturn lines
18-19. Staryu line
20-22. Machop line
23-24. Wynaut line
25-26. Wingull line
27. Furfrou
28-30. Slaking line

* If Squirtle is in, it'd be fair to assume Charmander and Bulbasaur are too.

I can see Corsola, Luvdisc, Alomomola, Eevee, Torkoal, Clamperl, Clauncher, and Skrelp returning.

Seems like a lot of water types. If its Hawaii its volcanic mountains so probably lots of fire types like slugma, numel, groudon would be a fit but unlikely at least until postgame, magby, cyndaquil, heatran, obvi solrock and lunatone. I would like them to not include Kanto starters again since they were already a big part of Kalos and already got their megas. Seems like Johto starters would be more too for a refresh and megas and really all three could be feasible in the environment, with Cyndaquil and volcanos, totodile and the ocean, and Chikorita is just perfect for anywhere.

I would say Cresselia but that already appear in ORAS. I think a lot of water types such as Magikarp, Feebas and Horsea could return.

Because I'm expecting a bigger amount of new Pokémon this time I would hope they put less of the Kanto & Hoenn dex Pokémon in, except the ones that really fit the regions specifics in habitat ect.

I would like some Sinnoh, Unova & Kalos Pokémon to take the focus alongside the new regions natives, not as many as XY had outside of it's natives though, just the ones that make up the rest of the Pokémon on a route ect, that fit in well with that area. I will probably edit this post later on as my mind's blank for ideas of Pokémon & their habitats rn xD

I would really love to have Growlithe/Arcanine in my main team.
Basically more Pokemon we didn't see in XY and ORAS would be great

Sun:
Sunkern
Oddish
Togepi
Ralts

Moon:
Nidorans
Clefairy
Jigglypuff

Both:
Eevee

We have all these special evolutions that are tied to the sun and moon.

The scenery for Sun and Moon that's been hinted so far reminds me a lot of the Oasis Poke Spot from Pokemon XD: GoD. So going off that, I'd say Phanpy, Surskit, and Hoppip could make frequent appearances early game.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom