• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokémon you think need buffs?

Not necessarily Pokemon changes but more so ability/move changes. Freeze Burn and Freeze Shock should be 1 turn moves. It's only exclusive to Black and White Kyurem so why make it 2 turns.

And I feel that Turboblaze and Teravolt should boost Fire-type and Electric-type moves to let them be a bit more than Legendary versions of Mold Breaker.

yes but make them then let it not move for one turn after that or reduce its own stats after using it and always activate its secondary effects with 100% chance too???

I said a higher base speed. It wouldn’t need to waste a move slot if it has a higher base speed stat, period.

it has the speed it got already... in future maybe but those moves would solve the problems it really has... together with Bounce, Magnet rise, Flame charge, Parabolic charge and if it could learn sparkling aria as a lizard... imagine that.

Last edited:
it has the speed it got already... in future maybe but those moves would solve the problems it really has... together with Flame charge, Parabolic charge and if it could learn sparkling aria as a lizard... imagine that.
Just like “in the future” they could add moves, they can add more speed. Pokemon do get stat boosts between generations. What they don’t get is unrealistic move suggestions which you’re making here.

Those moves are no use if a faster ground type OHKOs it before using them or some fast Pokemon of other type OHKOs it because toxtricity cannot take many hits.

Just like “in the future” they could add moves, they can add more speed. Pokemon do get stat boosts between generations. What they don’t get is unrealistic move suggestions which you’re making here.

Those moves are no use if a faster ground type OHKOs it before using them or some fast Pokemon of other type OHKOs it because toxtricity cannot take many hits.

it got a Gigantamax form. Thats from 35 to 70 more points in HP and to its stats generaly.
Inducing paralyse and poison stats is good enough taking some factors here.

Not unrealistic a rock star can Bounce a electric type that is a poison battery should be able to use some of those moves, also batteries, that are of toxic materies can burn fast... Flame charge makes sense... The sparkling aria is a music related thing for a rock star and singer but every electric Transformer has problems because they catch easy wet air and water and damage because of that here the allusion it could realese water and its a lizard also...
Hmmm it and Rillaboom in a double battle, one supports the other with their moves.

it got a Gigantamax form. Not unrealistic a rock star can Bounce a electric type that is a poison battery should be able to use some of those moves, also batteries, that are of toxic materies can burn fast... Flame charge makes sense... The sparkling aria is a music related thing for a rock star and singer but every electric Transformer has problems because they catch easy wet air and water and damage because of that here the allusion it could realese water and its a lizard also...
Hmmm it and Rillaboom in a double battle, one supports the other with their moves.
I’m talking about singles where it will get hit before it can use these moves you’re suggesting.

Why can’t you accept the simplest and the most elegant solution of increasing its base speed by some points?

Problem: low speed
Solution: increase speed stat

Not rocket science.

I’m talking about singles where it will get hit before it can use these moves you’re suggesting.

Why can’t you accept the simplest and the most elegant solution of increasing its base speed by some points?

Problem: low speed
Solution: increase speed stat

Not rocket science.

The user bounces up high on the first turn, avoiding most moves. On the second turn, the user slams down onto the target, inflicting damage with a 30% chance of paralyzing it.

Many ground types and pokemon using earthquake are faster then it...
Dugtrio 120 speed, Excadrill 88 speed,

Toxtricitys total stats is 502 compared to Lucario 525... You are right it could get additonally 23 to 75 speed , making it 98 but many pokemon get earthquake...

what if it could learn Aqua Jet, Fake Out, Vacuum Wave or First Impression, ?
as a lizard, poison pokemon? In future it can always get a priority sound move and gett buffed...

Magnet rise should be a priority +1 move

The user bounces up high on the first turn, avoiding most moves. On the second turn, the user slams down onto the target, inflicting damage with a 30% chance of paralyzing it.

Many ground types and pokemon using earthquake are faster then it...
Dugtrio 120 speed, Excadrill 88 speed,

Toxtricitys total stats is 502 compared to Lucario 525... You are right it could get additonally 23 to 75 speed , making it 98 but many pokemon get earthquake...

what if it could learn Aqua Jet, Fake Out, Vacuum Wave or First Impression, ?
as a lizard, poison pokemon? In future it can always get a priority sound move and gett buffed...

Magnet rise should be a priority +1 move
How is this related to what I wrote?

this is going to come off kind of biased as someone with an eeveelution avatar at the time of posting, but idc. i'd argue most of the eeveelutions need buffs. glaceon, leafeon, and flareon being probably the biggest offenders. give flareon something other than flare blitz and superpower to abuse, otherwise that massive 130 attack would be for nothing.

glaceon and leafeon just have terrible movepools and i have no idea why that is, so buffing them would start there more than anything and then swap leafeon's defense with its speed. same with glaceon tbh.

Meganium

hey Ancient Power and Outrage makes it very interesting...

would add it:

- Dragon breath
-Pollen puff
-Powder
-Strenght sap

shame it wasnt a grass/rock or grass/fairy, taking its sauropod nature , maybe there could be a mega waiting here? for gen 2 remakes?

the biggest issue with chikorita and its final form non of them get priority moves...

maybe it could get Triage as a mega? Perfect ability taking its nature

Comfey was a pure fairy type there... maybe grass/fairy, would be interesting and seperate then Tapu Bulu and Rillaboom

should learn dragon breath taking it got Outrage and Dragon Tail...

the rock typing would be better against fire pokemon that it had a problem with but fairy gives the dragon immunity...
steel aso could be a possibility but looking at it doesnt match it, but more Serperior with steel or ghost...

grass/ghost meganium with Triage also could work well actually

There are plentyyy of Pokémon that are just not viable right now and haven’t been for a long time.

I really want Fearow to be made viable somehow. It just stands out to me as one the most forgettable Pokémon and it hasn’t had anything given to it since gen 1 except a few moves (maybe a minor stat buff, but it still isn’t good).
I would love for it to get an evolution that could make it stand out from the other Flying/Normals somehow.

Torterra is okay in lower tiers but only really sees more usage when people are that strapped for Volt Switch immunities and I think it needs more love. Giving it Shell Smash would offset many of its flaws, and since it would be checked by things like Corviknight and bulky grasses it wouldn't be broken. I can see it doing well in UU at least.

Torterra is okay in lower tiers but only really sees more usage when people are that strapped for Volt Switch immunities and I think it needs more love. Giving it Shell Smash would offset many of its flaws, and since it would be checked by things like Corviknight and bulky grasses it wouldn't be broken. I can see it doing well in UU at least.
Blastoise got Shell Smash so it would be nice if Torterra got it too, it would do something for its viability.

Blastoise got Shell Smash so it would be nice if Torterra got it too, it would do something for its viability.

I'm a huge fan of Sinnoh, and seeing Torterra underperform is very sad. Access to Shell Smash would definitely be an awesome change, since it'll allow its Earthquake to hit much harder or some other Grass STAB. However, I think it would still not be enough as its Speed is extremely slow and SpDef isn't the best either. So I feel if Torterra got a +SpDef in exchange for -Spe would be great for its base stats. Trick Room teams could run it as a bulky sweeper.

I'm a huge fan of Sinnoh, and seeing Torterra underperform is very sad. Access to Shell Smash would definitely be an awesome change, since it'll allow its Earthquake to hit much harder or some other Grass STAB. However, I think it would still not be enough as its Speed is extremely slow and SpDef isn't the best either. So I feel if Torterra got a +SpDef in exchange for -Spe would be great for its base stats. Trick Room teams could run it as a bulky sweeper.

what if it could also learn Drum Beating with its vines and tree or on rock? Chesnaught has belly drum also should be able to use that move.
Lowering speed oponents would make them more good.

I would give Torterra Tearful Look to reduce special attack of oponents.

generally they would need to check, buff and add attacks to reduce sp. attack of targets...

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom