• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should be retyped.

Water/Dragon on gyarados would be OP because if the gen 1 mechanics. A Water/Dragon gyarados would have a single weakness as of Gen 1- Dragon. But the only dragon move at the time was dragon rage, which dealt fixed damage.
By the time we had kingdra, there were many other dragon moves to deal SE damage to kingdra.

But they could have retyped it in Gen II.
Or give it a mega that's Water/Dragon.
They don't seem to want to for some reasons.

EDIT: Why does GF slap Psychic on some Pokémon just because they are from or associated with space? How does Deoxys represent an advanced alien civilization? How does the Cosmog line?

Last edited:
Why does GF slap Psychic on some Pokémon just because they are from or associated with space?
Pretty sure it's because psychic abilities like telekinesis and telepathy are commonly associated with aliens. Not all space-related Pokemon are Psychic, either-the Cleffa line and Minior don't have it.
How does Deoxys represent an advanced alien civilization? How does the Cosmog line?
Why does it have to be an advanced civilization to be Psychic?

Pretty sure it's because psychic abilities like telekinesis and telepathy are commonly associated with aliens. Not all space-related Pokemon are Psychic, either-the Cleffa line and Minior don't have it.

Why does it have to be an advanced civilization to be Psychic?

Because usually, aliens are imagined as being smarter than us and having an advanced civilization.
But Deoxys isn't a green man, he's a virus.

Italics by me
Charizard: Fire/Dragon| No
Gyarados: Water/Dragon| Yes
Psyduck and Golduck: Water/Psychic| Just Psyduck
Horsea and Seadra: Water/Dragon| No.
Aerodactyl: Rock/Dragon| No, tyrunt line is rock/dragon. Honestly, both make sense, but areodactyl is like the only rock/flying.
Mewtwo and Mew: Normal| NO NO NO

Meganium: Grass/Dragon| Yes
Typhlosion: Fire/Normal| no
Feraligatr: Water/Dark| Sounds good
Larvitar and Pupitar:| Rock/Dark No

Sceptile: Grass/Dragon| No
Masquerein: Bug/Water| Maybe
Trapinch: Bug| Yes
Vibrava and Flygon: Bug/Dragon| Yes
Deoxys: Normal| NO NO NO

Staraptor: Fighting/Flying| No
Electivire: Electric/Fighting| Yes
Drapion: Dark/Bug| Yes only if Skorpui is Dark/Bug too
Magmortar: Fire/Dark| Yes
Rhyperior: Dragon/Rock| No
Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf: Normal/Ghost| No
Darkrai: Dark/Ghost| Yes

Serperior: Grass/Psychic| No
Samurott: Water/Normal (Emboar's already Fighting so yeah)| Pointless
Gurdurr and Conkeldurr: Fighting/Dark| No
Cofagrigus: Ghost/Steel| Yes
Gothitelle Line: Psychic/Ghost| No
Reuniclus Line: Psychic/Normal| Yes
Vanilluxe: Ice/Steel| No
Beartic: Ice/Fighting| Fine with me
Cryogonal: Ice/Dark| No
Braviary: Fighting/Flying| IDK
Heatmor: Fire/Rock| No

And that's pretty much it. Alot of these are based on either what they're always confused to be, what's better for their movepool (Staraptor being Fighting/Flying), or what's better for their defensive stats (Conkeldurr being Fighting/Dark), or just because their old type sucked in every way (Mewtwo being Normal) or I just plain want them to fall in a single shot for easier training (Heatmor being Fire/Rock).
Happiny: Norm/Fairy
Blisey/Chansey Fairy
Meinfu line: Fight/Fairy (they just look fairyish)
Elikid: Norm/Elec
Magby: Norm/Fire

Last edited:
Satraptor would make a good fighting flying type. Heck it already learns some naturally. And considering fletchinder and talinflame made it to where the regional birds are no longer normal through all evos, it wouldn’t have to follow that pattern.
Hmm... ok, youv'e convinced me.

It's not a retyping but it's a similar concept, so Flygon is a pseudo-Flying type despite being Dragon/Ground thanks to Levitate, I was hoping they'd give Decidueye Levitate as an HA, so that he could stay "Flying"-type, like Flygon is.

...But Decidueye explicitly can't fly.
Is there somewhere in the games this is specifically said? None of the dex entries mention this, and when I searched for it, all I could find was posts about it not learning the move Fly, not that it can't fly at all. (Besides, it can learn Roost, which is pretty heavily tied to the act of flying)

It can also learn moves like Tailwind, Sky Attack, and Brave Bird, all heavily associated with the ability to fly, nowhere in any official media is it stated that Decidueye cannot fly, I only remember before Sun and Moon came out, discussions of it maybe being based on a flightless owl, but that's not official media, that was speculation talk.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom