• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

I don't really think there isn't any Pokemon that shouldn't have been created, I like most of them really.

Although Probepass... well it looks kinda silly with that mustache. Minun/Plusle are kinda rip off from Pikachu.

But I like Pachirisu however, and Pikachu is a mouse, Pachirisu is a squirrel not that much of a rip off (Aside from the cheeks). I think I started liking him when he became a interesting character of a Pokemon in a story of mine

A brief selection

This is by no means a complete list, but here is a selection of pokemon trolls:

Spr_3e_083.gif
Farfetch'd first appeared in the RBY generation, and his existence has never had any purpose but to enrage players. The first time you saw Farfetch'd was when you gave up your beloved Spearow in Vermillion City, and ended up with a spastic of a bird in return, complete with a monobrow and the ridiculous nickname 'DUX'. You swiftly boxed this useless bird and forgot about him, never to see his ugly beak again. Or so you thought. Years later, when navigating through Ilex Forest, you needed the crucial HM01, Cut. But it has been stolen. Guess who stole it and refuses to give it back unless you chase him through a Zubat-ridden forest? Yeah, Farfetch'd. Farfetch'd's trolling CV is already long enough to get him a GameFAQs membership, and this is without going into detail of his life as a thief in the animé or the fact he was born holding a stick, defying every rule of nature to ever exist.

Spr_3e_202.gif
Possibly the most obvious troll in the history of the franchise, Wobbuffet does nothing to hide his intentions. From his permanent expression of bafflement to his movepool designed only to infuriate, Wobbuffet is a troll through and through. When you mix the enraging ability Shadow Tag with Wobbuffet's very limited, yet somehow very precise, move pool you have a Pokémon who is near uncounterable. Now throw in a cry that sounds like a Down's syndrome sufferer falling out of a window and you have a perfect troll. Oh, and his tail has eyes. Why? Wobbuffet rarely ever uses his main eyes, what could he possibly do with tail-eyes? Why on earth did Nintendo feel the need to create a punching bag pokemon? Furthermore what on earth where they thinking when they came up with the female sprite? It boggles the mind!

Spr_3e_137.gif
Porygon, the artifical duck, is a masterpiece of a troll. When the player first sees him at the Team Rocket Gamecorner he appears glamorous and exciting. Take note he cost 9999 credits in Fire Red, compare this to the 2800 credits for Dratini, who becomes the mighty Dragonite. You spend hours gathering enough of whatever currency they use in Pokémon and exchange this into Gamecorner credits and finally buy your Porygon. Then you realise he sucks. He knows a couple of useless moves for changing his type, but who cares about that. You want to hack computers with your artificial duck, not transform into a ground type and get killed by Bubblebeam. Whilst impressive, Porygon's trolling in-game compares nothing to his animé escapades. In the episode Electric Soldier Porygon this Pokémon killed people in real life. The very sight of Porygon threw kids all over Japan into seizures, causing Electric Soldier Porygon to be banned. When it comes to trolling, Porygon does not fuck around.

Spr_4p_476.png
Probobass is so much worse than it's pre-evo (which incidentally isn't great either) and should never have never seen release. A mix of mario and a really bad jewish stereotype that smacks of 1930s anti-semitism that was rampant in Europe and the USA at that time. What the fuck were they thinking? Where is the niche or the market for this thing? Were sales flagging among white supremacists or something? Was the far right demographic no longer interested in pokemon and thus their interest had to be rekindled by including this? Coincidentally Jewpass debuted in Diamond and Pearl along with Registeel giving the Hitler salute, WHAT THE FUCK WAS GOING ON???! It is also worth noting that the Platinum and HG/SS sprite had shifty eyes added to complete the already questionable appearance.

Spr_3e_100.gif
And finally we have Nintendo's magnum opus of trolling, Voltorb. Voltorb's sole purpose in life is to forcefully inflict destruction upon others, and he loves it. Voltorbs and Electrodes will sit in the Power Plant and wait for an infinite amount of time, until you chance upon them and mistake them for a Poké Ball. Voltorb's very appearance is designed to fool and infuriate the player. He was born to troll. After engaging this 'Poké Ball' in battle, Voltorb wastes no time in Exploding. Voltorb actively pretends to be a helpful item, fights you, then explodes in your face, killing himself. That is dedication. Dedication to one's art. As if that wasn't enough Voltorb has returned to prominence in HG/SS by what amounts to mindfucking you in the Voltorb flip game :)

There are obviously plenty of other pokemon that should never have been released, but I hope you enjoyed this selection nonetheless.

Shuckle shouldn't have ever been created. I think its quite pointless and its just built to annoy people for a couple rounds.

ANYTHING AFTER THE FIRST 151! They were enough. Why is there more? :( I love the first generation, but I think it's gone too far! I mean I have Pokemon Pearl and now I'm getting HeartGold, 'cause I think it will be much better because of the older Pokemon. :)

Ampharos. While it's very strong, I would've like to seen a giant black sheep instead.

did you forget the mighty flail?

ahh but did you take into consideration the poor victims of gen.1 who were unfortunate enough not to get flail??

Turtwig. I don't hate the concept, but the pokemon itself should have stayed on the drawing board a while longer.

I think that's true of a lot of them, actually, especially in Generation 1. Lickitung, Jynx, Diglet (that's more of a conceptual thing, though), Seel and Dewgong, Golbat.... all of these and more could've used more time at the design stage.

Zubat and Gyarados. Disgusting little beasts. Um... and Shaymin's Sky Form and Rotom. Everything about Rotom is just so stupid.

-Arceus. It looks ridiculous, and being able to catch a god is rather stupid.
-Heatran. Well, it should've been created, but it shouldn't be a legendary.
-Palkia, Dialga, and Giratina. They are ugly as hell, and shouldn't be Dragon type as they don't look anything like dragons. They look like a dog, a wrestler/soldier, and a centipede. They should thus be Dark, Fighting, and Bug types.
-Bidoof, Zigzaggoon, Sentret, Taillow, and Starly. What's the point of making Rattatta and Pidgey cloned when you can just fill the first route with Rattattas and Pidgeys?
-Rhypherior. Rhydon doesn't need an evolution, and it looks like shit.
-Golbat. Why does the Zubat line have to go through this hideous thing between cute little Zubat and badass Crobat?
-Plusle, Minun, and Papapishu. We already have Pikachu to fill the annoying electric rodent tier.

Luvdisc it's a complete waste of media why would they make something so terrible I hate it it is worse than bidoof worse than caterpie worse than magikarp! I see no point in the continued existence of this heartshaped doo bag

Oh, I'm sure someone has said this but, MAGI-FRICKIN-CARP!
I mean what's the point. Oh! and Glalie.

Shuckle? You mean the Pokémon with the highest Defense and Special Defense? both of which are the highest of any stat besides HP? The Pokémon that, under the right conditions, can deal 213,896,052 damage? What are you on?

Maybe he's on PokeBeer/PokeDrugs.

Anyways, my candidate is...
Heatran.

-Arceus. It looks ridiculous, and being able to catch a god is rather stupid.

FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE THAT DISLIKES ARCEUS!! I'm buying you a pizza.

Though I do rather like Rhyperior and Dialga, though, so I have to disagree with you there...

Turtwig. I don't hate the concept, but the pokemon itself should have stayed on the drawing board a while longer.

Turtwig.gif

It's the most epic thing out there.

I don't really like Shinx, Kirlia and Lileep.

Shinx; it's just too, I don't know, not what I like.

Kirlia; Ralts look likes a little boy/girl, Gardevoir like a woman and Gallade like a man, is every male Kirlia gay? No offense to gay people, I could understand it in gen3, but now it makes no sense. Actually, when I think about they should made it so the line split already whit Ralts.

Lileep, it's ugly and I hate it.

Last edited:
Kirlia; Ralts look likes a little boy/girl, Gardevoir like a woman and Gallade like a man, is every male Kirlia gay? No offense to gay people, I could understand it in gen3, but know it makes no sense. Actually, when I think about they should made it so the line split already whit Ralts.

Yeah. Gallade should've been introduced in Gen III, which is why he was introduced in Gen IV to make up for the Frag up of Gardevoir being extremely female like, yet still being able to me male.
And...If they were gonna do that, they should've given an Alternate to Kirlia in Gen IV, too. Because of your point.

If not, they should've just made the ralts line Female only :/

I love Gallade, but Kirlia's still a problem at this point

None. Every pokemon in the franchise is special in their own right and deserves to exist. Even the derpy pokemon like bidoof have a special places somewhere, even if you just use it as an HM slave.

I've read the post here from about Jan of this year. Forgive me if some stuff seems rehashed.

I agree that all pokemon have a place and purpose. I like aspects of just about all of them, especially the underdogs. Not every poke needs to be uber to be cool. There are a few that I think could have been portrayed better, however.

The physically big legendaries starting with genIII. They look way out of place to me, although I've warmed up to Groudon over time. Dialga could have been cool, but they way they did it in PBR ruined it. I watch it and the Tin Man from The Wizard of Oz comes to mind. I imagine it saying "Oil can... oil can...". Arceus (just how do you pronounce that?) also is a cool concept, but it too looks out of place in the poke universe.

Bidoof/Bibarel are fine. I especially like the mouse after playing some of Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky.

Nosepass/Probopass are cool. They ain't pretty or intimidating, but they have style. Something Arceus lacks.

People hating on Magikarp? MAGIKARP ??? It's whole shtick is that it is laughably weak, then it turns into a freakin sea monster. It's like coming down on Elmer Fudd because you think he's an idiot. THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT! Yes he is useless in battle, but battling is only part of pokemon. Besides, Magikarp is, in a way, the toughest pokemon out there. What other pokemon is as wide spread and can live practically anywhere?

I wish Onix was not so weak. He should have tons of health and a sky high attack. Every time I think about getting into the battle scene, I remember how needlessly weak my fave poke is, and get discouraged.

Of course, the recently released gen v legendaries look silly to me. If they have a good backstory, like being evolutions of Mewtwo or something, I'll like em, but my first impression is that they are generic, uncreative, and boring.

Of all the starters, the Piplup line is my leas favorite. Penguins are awesome, pokemon are awesome, so a penguin pokemon should be double awesome! Sadly, it looks like it's trying to hard. "Hey, look at me, I'm HARDCORE!" No, you're a penguin, and penguin are neat precisely because they look so goofy.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom