• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

I believe that Darkrai and Cresselia should have been held back. Sinnoh has enough legendaries and these two could have easily been version mascots for new games.

Pachirisu. A Squirrel Pokemon is a good idea in theory, but in practice Pachirisu's just a cross between a Rattata and a Pikachu (without the good Electric and Dark attacks). =/

Oh, did I already say Lickilicky? If you're gonna do an evo of an awesome Pokemon, do it right.

Takes shelter behind anti flame shields... Salamence.

Salamence took Dragonite's spot as top dragon, it didn't bring a new type combination to the game, it had the same general distribution of base stats, it's basically a Dragonite sans bulk with slightly more special attack. And it doesn't get extreme speed.

None, as I would hate to insult my idol Ken Sugimori.

...but if anything, I'd say Wynaut. At least give it more of a purpose.

Porygon-Z. I mean, even the Pokedex descriptions suggest it was a bad idea to have been made from Porygon2.

Kidding, I actually like the concept.

On a serious note... Rhyperior. It looks like a big Rhydon playing dress-up with armor, imo. Rhydon seemed "complete" to me, without need of an evolution.

And Exeggcute I don't have that much against but... seriously? A bunch of eggs?

On that note, how would evolving only when traded possibly work logically?

The same way a spherical device allows even the wildest and most powerful of monstrous creatures to be brainwashed to follow your commands...

I honestly never found anything remotely offensive about Jynx. :/

Anyway, Nosepass and it's horrid evolution need to die in a water-based fire.

Honestly, just because a few outspoken black people got wrongfully upset about Jynx and were too ignorant to look into the actual design, does not mean it shouldn't have been created.

Ditto. Even my neighbor's 10 month old can draw it. "Sweetie, you've spilled the fruit punch all over the floor! But at least you've drew a Ditto!"

Besides, Magikarp is, in a way, the toughest pokemon out there. What other pokemon is as wide spread and can live practically anywhere?

Tentacool. Damn Tentacool.

Of course, the recently released gen v legendaries look silly to me. If they have a good backstory, like being evolutions of Mewtwo or something, I'll like em, but my first impression is that they are generic, uncreative, and boring.

What's with all the box legendaries suddenly looking so robotic?

Honestly, just because a few outspoken black people got wrongfully upset about Jynx and were too ignorant to look into the actual design, does not mean it shouldn't have been created.

Rofl'd. I know. I'm so angry about the color change... it's so stupid. Get over yourself people, seriously. -.-

Kricketot and Kricketune.

:|

I nickname mine Violin. <3 Oddly enough I actually quite like Kricketune.

Now a Pokemon that should never have been created is Bidoof. WTF is that crap.

I HATE IT OMFG. HATEHATEHATE.

And, ready for it!? READY!?

Salamence and Dragonite.

God DAMN they ruined Dratini and Dragonair. Also, WTF IS UP WITH DRAGONITE BEING GREEN WHEN IT'S SHINY!?!?! RAWR!!!

I think some of the legendaries. There are just way too many in each game. Some are really awesome but others are useless. Expecally the 4th generation ones.

A regular pokemon i dont like is Voltorb and electrode. Its like "lets make a pokeball with a face, and when it eveolves lets turn it upside down!" Cant stand that.

-Garchomp. Please don't flame me, but I think it's design is ugly. Also, it's name sounds like a chocolate bar or something.
-Manaphy, Phione, Azelf, Uxie and Mespirit. They all look the same to me.
-Arceus. The concept of an all powerful deity that created all life as we know it being ordered around in battle by a ten year old in a mini skirt doesn't make much sense.
Also, am I the only one who thinks that gamefreak is being uncreative with names? Arceus reads too much like Arcanine, Manaphy sounds like a combination of Mantyke and Phanpy, and there's probably others that I can't think of right now. Having pokemon that have similar names is fine when they're related by evolution, but two completely different species sounding similar is annoying.

Last edited:
7. Mesprit/Azelf - The 4th gen mew-wannabe could've had 3 forms, same pokémon, same roles.
6. Medicham - Who designed this thing? It's legs looks like tumors.
5. Ludicolo - Unbearably goofy and cartoonish.
4. Magmortar - Was this really necessary?
3. Probopass - :conangry: :banghead:
2. Miltank - If I could remove one pokemon, this would be it.
1. Volbeat/Illumise - You know it.

5. Ludicolo - Unbearably goofy and cartoonish.
I actually liked Ludicolo. At the time, Water/Grass combo was unique, and it's design was cute. Mexican duck FTW

6. Medicham - Who designed this thing? It's legs looks like tumors.
That made me laugh XD

3. Probopass
It's cry is really annoying, and it looks like it's growing pubic hair.

1. Volbeat/Illumise - You know it.
I always thought that Illumise's cry in the games sounded like a man trying to sound like a woman. Yeah, I'm weird.

Probopass I hate it's sprit and its sound, seriously it's cry sounds like someone throwing up...

Arceus ~ They should not have created a God/creator concept pokemon. It would be better if they left the creation of the world and pokemon a mystery.

Togekiss, Probopass and Ambipom ~ Seriously!

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom