• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

Personally, I think all the baby Pokemon are pretty useless. I don't really see their reason for existing since you can catch most of them and all of their evolutions. I also think that the evolutions of most of Gen I Pokemon that came out in subsequent generations really don't need to be here.

As for Dunsparce, I actually like it, especially the one I had in one of my Gen II games. I used it quite frequently (after I taught it Rollout to teach Whitney's stupid Miltank a lesson) and I think I got it up into the 50s or 60s levelwise.

I do believe there is a purpose for all Pokemon, but I still think some of them were better left unknown.

Ok everyone leave Lickilicky alone and Exploud would be cool if it got a new sprite...
Rhyperior ruined Rhydon and Electabuzz just needs better stats and Electrivire and Shiftry should all be hung
Stantler is the only poke that can parafustract you (bar Lantern )

dunsparce....my god its useless, and hideous, lol though i did raise one to lvl 81 in platinum, juss cuz i was trying to raise a team of supposedly weak pokemon to see how theyd do against the league, ended up with beedrill lvl 82, dunsparce 81, feebas 94, wobbuffet lvl 76 (not easy), sunkern 80, and bibarel lvl 90 (not too bad actually). :)

P.S. magmortar is one of the ugliest things ive ever seen, and i thought magmar was ugly...

Dunsparce is awesome!!! What's wrong with you??? In Shoddy I've beaten Salamence, Jirachi and Kingdra with Dunsparce, I'm playing Emerald and FireRed so I can finally beat the Frontier, I will definitely train a Dunsparce for that...

Unown shouldn't have been created, it has no purpose and it's just a waste of memory to have 28 shapes of them, instead they could totally create the baby Kangaskhan which should have been made back in GSC..

Finneon and Lumineon. Useless water types that don't bring anything new to the table.

Unown shouldn't have been created, it has no purpose and it's just a waste of memory to have 28 shapes of them, instead they could totally create the baby Kangaskhan which should have been made back in GSC..

They have added mystery and brought instant attention to whatver plot they have been put.

Finneon and Lumineon. Useless water types that don't bring anything new to the table.

Bu-but they have cool Bug-type moves!

Mr.Mime

OH GOD WHAT IS THAT THING?!

A mime. A pedo mime

Personally, I think all the baby Pokemon are pretty useless. I don't really see their reason for existing since you can catch most of them and all of their evolutions. I also think that the evolutions of most of Gen I Pokemon that came out in subsequent generations really don't need to be here.

As for Dunsparce, I actually like it, especially the one I had in one of my Gen II games. I used it quite frequently (after I taught it Rollout to teach Whitney's stupid Miltank a lesson) and I think I got it up into the 50s or 60s levelwise.

I do believe there is a purpose for all Pokemon, but I still think some of them were better left unknown.

For your information, you can't capture a Riolu on the Diamond and Pearl games( not sure about Platnium) and it's extremely cute. Not to mention the small fact that it can use aura sphere just like lucario! Did I mention that it was cute.

For your information, you can't capture a Riolu on the Diamond and Pearl games( not sure about Platnium) and it's extremely cute. Not to mention the small fact that it can use aura sphere just like lucario! Did I mention that it was cute.

Only the ones that you transfer from Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia are capable of using Aura Sphere.

You can't catch them in Platinum as well. However you can catch them in Heartgold/Soulsilver Safari Zone.

Last edited:

That's why I said most of the baby Pokemon. And I was thinking mainly of Cleffa, Igglybuff, Magby, Elekid, Pichu, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Smoochum. With the exception of Riolu and Lucario, you can capture every baby Pokemon and/or their evolutions.

Magmortar, Electivire, Tangrowth, Togekiss, and Lickylicky.. They're just not original enough..

What is the point of Arceus? I mean, why create a Pokemon that you can't better? Seriously, you can't make up something more powerful than a god...

This is why you evolve it into butterfree.

All Pokémon deserve to exist, but some Pokémon need to evolve in order to be useable.

actually, in-game, just about any Pokemon could be usable if its level is high enough.

I feel that all Pokémon that have been created deserve to exist.

seconded. I've kinda accepted everything we have right now and don't think I'd really change it. Though if I had to choose, I'd lose some of the pre-evolutions. Maybe Nidoran Male/Female or Nidorina/Nidorino. I don't see the need to make them three-stage evolutions, especially considering their stats are pretty poor for three-stagers (seriously, why not give them stats comparable to Sidon? They have similar body builds, after all). And to bring up the pre-evos again, becoming three-strage forms really screwed over Pukurin and the like from improving, though as of the current generation, stone-evolved Pokemon seem somehow restricted from evolving again anyway (which is really a shame for something like Enekororo... come to think of it, I think Moon Stone Pokemon are cursed).

Although Chingling is a bit of a letdown. The only reason I can think of for it's existence is that Chimecho has the same base stat total as Marowak and Wigglytuff. Thus it would make sense for this Pokémon to evolve from something.

I'm pretty sure that balance was the main reason for Chingling's existance... Now if only it learned some awesome moves that Chimecho could utilize..

why's that any decent reason? There're several Pokemon with even better stats that aren't in an evolution chain at all. The ironic thing is that some of them, like Laplace, are quite big already and them being an evolved form wouldn't be hard to swallow (Chirean, on the other hand, is already quite small and cutesy, but I guess Pichu taught us as early as generation 2 that that's not gonna stop such Pokemon from getting a pre-evo tagged onto them).

Just as other's have stated, I believe every poke deserves to be "alive".

You might not like that certain poke, but other's might.

Thanks.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom