• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

I won't go so far as to say they shouldn't have been created, but I do think they took the mythology of the Sinnoh dragons too far (and them being extradimensional on top of that did kind of kneecap the novelty of the UBs, which I feel were a much better take on the idea). Either scale back their cosmological status or rework them to represent something else, and I'd be basically fine with them. Although I guess if you took out Dialga's time powers, we might not have PMD2, which would be a shame. But you'd lose the Team Galactic plot in the main games, which would be a plus. Gen 4 really does feel like the series's edgy teenager phase.

Like, I understand what they were going for, but the actual implementation was really muddled and just felt like they were trying to one-up Hoenn's trio. Nor do I like the Sinjoh Ruins event linking the Unown to Arceus - it was cooler when the Unown were more subtly connected to Ho-Oh and Suicune.

Last edited:
I guess I'll just list some of the pokemon I hate

lucario
garchimp
gengar
houndoom
stantler
dedenne
palkia
dialga
zekrom
pikachu
eevee
charizard
dragonite (I like dragonair)
lanturn (chinchou is adorbs tho)
goodra (sliggoo is fine)
blaziken
alolan dugtrio
mega heracross

they're all terrible and can go die in a hole somewhere. Especially lucario.

Last edited:
As much as I want to put Scyther on here, with all the pain and suffering it's caused me. I just, I can't. Scizor's pretty cool, and even I have to admit. Pinsir wouldn't be the same without another boss bug with it in Gen 1. I still hate it with a burning passion though.

Electivire and Magmortar would have to be my picks. Both of them are pretty stupid looking, and it ruins the whole link that Jynx, Electabuzz, and Magmar had. I don't even like Jynx that much, but it's kind of sad it got left out.

Part of me wishes the Ultra Beasts weren't a thing. Game Freak could've introduced new Pokemon without subcategorizing them, and now fans are split on whether or not they really even count as Pokemon.

As someone was saying in another thread the other day, Blissey is pointless since it gets completely overshadowed by Chansey.

Charizard
Mewtwo
Mr. Mime
baby Pokémon (excluding Riolu)
Pikaclones
Gardevoir
Infernape
Elemental monkeys
Greninja
Incineroar
Regigigas
Heatran

They are ones I already hate, so obvious bias there. But I still see no point in pikaclones, Regigigas, Heatran, and elemental monkeys mainly imo. (I would've put Pikachu on the list as well but didn't, for obvious reasons)

I won't go so far as to say they shouldn't have been created, but I do think they took the mythology of the Sinnoh dragons too far (and them being extradimensional on top of that did kind of kneecap the novelty of the UBs, which I feel were a much better take on the idea). Either scale back their cosmological status or rework them to represent something else, and I'd be basically fine with them. Although I guess if you took out Dialga's time powers, we might not have PMD2, which would be a shame. But you'd lose the Team Galactic plot in the main games, which would be a plus. Gen 4 really does feel like the series's edgy teenager phase.

Like, I understand what they were going for, but the actual implementation was really muddled and just felt like they were trying to one-up Hoenn's trio. Nor do I like the Sinjoh Ruins event linking the Unown to Arceus - it was cooler when the Unown were more subtly connected to Ho-Oh and Suicune.
I agree with this completely. And I like Gen IV regardless, but your points are very true.

---

For me, it's Arceus. I don't think such a thing as a "God Pokemon"" should exist. The whole concept of "catching God in a Pokeball" sounds terribly disrespectful to begin with, but that's far from the only issue I have with it.

My main issue is that for religious people like me, it's annoying how the games imply Arceus created the world, and even the Universe. I wouldn't mind it if Arceus created Sinnoh only, but presenting him as the Creator of the World, is what I find uncomfortable.

I guess the good part about being able to catch Arceus in a Pokeball, is that it pretty much disproves his implied "God status". If Arceus truly was the Creator, he surely wouldn't allow to be captured in a Pokeball.

Last edited:
I dont think these should have been to be honest. Theyre literally basing them off scraps when they couldnt think of other pokemon. a key pokemon really? or the kling series, the names just sound like they didnt care at all
Klink (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia Klang (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia Klinklang (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia Klefki (Pokémon) - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Wow, most of the Mega Evolution forms of Pokémon are so forgettable, I think the unmemorablility became associated with Mega Evolution for me, so when I think of Mega Evolution, I quickly think of forgotten Mega forms of Pokémon. Houndoom can mega evolve? Banette and Tyranitar can too? Aggron also has a mega evolution? And why can Manectric of all Pokémon Mega Evolve, but not Skuntank, Grumpig, Miltank, or Mandibuzz? Wow, these Mega Evolutions are so forgettable, I might not have cared if they weren't in the game.

This isn't helped by the apparent abandonment of the concept in future generations, such as in generation VII and VIII. And yeah, while Pokémon Let's Go does have Mega Evolutions, it doesn't make it more memorable for multiple reasons. I never saw it once during the gameplay even though I beat the game, secondly no additional Pokémon were given Mega Evolution, and also the game is mediocre and generic to me.

Also, I don't care much about competitive play so it doesn't really help me to remember any of those Pokémon either.

Oh my, where do I begin? Arceus is probably the top one since people overrate that thing to death by calling it the God of Pokemon even though its base stats are only marginally better than those of some other Mythicals/Legendaries/Megas, so to me the gap isn't quite big enough to place Arceus on such a high pedestal. Also, I'm tired of still reading complaints about how we didn't get the Azure Flute event. And back to the God of Pokemon thing, I don't buy the flavor text in the games that says it created the universe by itself. Am I really supposed to believe that it's the creator of everything when it's still a fallible Pokemon just like all the others? Pssh.

Jirachi, Shaymin and Keldeo... Because I like these Pokémon a lot and there's not a way to obtain them without events/codes.

Turtanotor. That Pokémon doesn't deserve to be a Fire/Dragon type Pokémon.

Well, for me it's eevee, everyone goes nutty over it and turns it into something not so fabulous anymore.

Porygon-Z.
A Mega Porygon2 with "badass" expressions would've been nicer than that...

Togekiss
Togetic bears much more resemblance to Togepi than Togekiss, who basically screams "large chubby flying bird"...

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom