• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Pokemon you think should not have been created

All the new 1st gen evo's in D/P/PL
Electivire
Magmortar
Magnezone
Liccilicci
Tangrowth etc.
I think they're all a bit OTT
I loved Electabuzz and Rhyhorn, and I think they've ruined them by trying to be better
What's with all the Electivire hate? I absolutely adore Electivire. *hugs her lil Bumblebee* He's the bestest! :XD2:

As for the topic at hand: I have to go with Smeargle. That's a box-filler if I've ever seen one. =/

Zubat. Oh my god, Zubat. D:

Quote FTW. Actually, I wouldn't mind them if we didn't see them every freakin' time we're in a cave and in every generation. Crobat is good but Zubat (and Golbat in later caves, although not as big a problem than Zubat) and Tentacool just piss me off everytime I see them (and that's a lot to be pissed off about).

What's with all the Electivire hate? I absolutely adore Electivire. *hugs her lil Bumblebee* He's the bestest! :XD2:

As for the topic at hand: I have to go with Smeargle. That's a box-filler if I've ever seen one. =/

The world's best baton passer, you call a boxfiller?

Honestly, I could have done without the Pikachu clones. It would have been tolerable had they given them evolutions, or decent stats...or a decent movepool. But as they are right now, the only use for any of them is Pachirisu's pickup ability. Plusle and Minun's abilities don't even make them decent in a double battle, which is what the whole point of their abilities is. One earthquake and they're both gone.

To name a few..

Nosepass and Probopass
Lickilicky
Rotom
Tangrowth
Rhyperior
Electivire
Magmortar
Regirock/Regice/Registeel
Cresselia/Darkrai/Manaphy/Phione/Regigigas/Heatran/Arceus

Yeah, it should be obvious that I'm not a fan of the new evos and all the damn legendaries.

All of the gen III ones for me. That's when Pokemon went from being plausible to being OH SHIT LOOK AT THAT GROUDON HOW THE HELL IS THAT BELIEVABLE?

The world's best baton passer, you call a boxfiller?
I have never, ever sucessfully used Smeargle in a battle. I'm not kidding. And I've tried. I catch it, it sits in my box. A bit of a sad life, if you ask me.

I have the same luck with Dunsparse. I try using it, but it never works out for me. So into the box it goes. (And I actually feel pretty guilty about that. Don't ask.)

Oh, and Zubat. I wish Zubat had never been thought up at all. They drive me nuts. But I love do Golbat and Crobat.

I don't want it deleted so much as had a look change. Rhyperior. It looks so stupid compared to Rhydon.

also I never liked Dursparce still has no point

I think that Dunsparce really serves no purpose and is really ugly. WHAT THE HECK IS IT EVEN BASED OFF OF???????
I hate you both. Well, not really, but seriously, do you REALLY not see the purpose of Dunsparce? It's one of the better Pokemon in the game, really.

Dunsparce is based on a tsuchinoko, a fat snake-like creature that's rumoured to exist. Basically Japan's answer to the Jackelope.

It's also one of the best "haxors" in the game. Being on the receiving end of it's para-flinching is no fun. (It's ability doubles the chances of extra effects.)
Quoted for truth.

Remoraid. It just...scares me. For no particular reason? To me it looks even stupider then a dunsparse.
And by that, might you be implying that Dunsparce looks stupid, hmmm?
Maybe Qwilfish, since the creators missed any opportunity to make the pokemon interesting/useable/funny/evolving/etc. It just lacks the charme of other "not very usable" Jotho pokemon like Stantler,Corsola, etc.
Ohhhh-kay, let's see here. Interesting? Yes. Usable? Yes. Funny? Eh. Evolving? Doesn't need to. I take it you've never faced me on ShoddyBattle, or else you'd know that Qwilfish rules. It's good in battle and very interesting. It doesn't NEED to evolve.

Having said that, I'm not saying that Luvdisc shouldn't exist, but if they're not going to make a Water/Flying evolution of it based off of the arrows Cupid shoots, I see no purpose for it. Other than Heart Scales, obviously.

Piplup annoys me for some reason...idk..maybe because Prinplup and Empoleon dont have a very good moveset in my opinion..

also,Lickitung/Lickilicky..no purpose whatsoever

Piplup annoys me for some reason...idk..maybe because Prinplup and Empoleon dont have a very good moveset in my opinion..

also,Lickitung/Lickilicky..no purpose whatsoever

Empoleon, use surf! I disagree greatly. Piplup is better than Pika.

Jynx ..

Its too ugly !!

I though it was the Pokemon version of Michael Jackson

I like every Pokemon...some more than others, but granted I like them all..

For me, the more the merrier.

I don't like the notion that all Pokemon should be useful in battle, and if they aren't that makes them worthless. I like the variety of all the Pokemon, and I have no issue with some being rather useless from a competitive standpoint...I mean when it comes down to it you can use any Pokemon in-game, and it's nice we have many different Poemon to cater to as many people as possible.

Pokemon I think should not have been created?

Um, most of them past Gen 1. Seriously.

^ I would agree with this. Except I like Gen 2, so anything after that is fair game for me.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom